forgot password?   register

#housing #investing #politics more»
757,023 comments in 77,874 posts by 11,065 registered users, 2 online now: Tenpoundbass, WorkInProgress

new post

Why are people making such a big deal about Cam Newton being a black quarterback

By Fucking White Male   2016 Feb 7, 3:19pm   3,278 views   14 comments   watch (0)   quote

Doug Williams did it 30 years ago. 30 effing years. No one cares what race the quarterback is. The only thing anyone cares about is who can play the position best. Maybe somewhere in East Texas theres a high school coach saying "oh we can't play the black kid". But I doubt it. And truly no one else cares. At all.

Dave Roberts being named the first black Dodgers manager failed to raise a blip. Its because the civil rights movement fought and won the battle 50 years ago. Before a single Gen X'er was even born. I was born to silent generation parents who were young adults when Martin Luther King Jr was talking about judging people by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin. I grew up in a Los Angeles suburb with most of my neighbors being Mexican, Japanese, and Chinese descent. I didn't know anything different. And so I grew up as my parents taught me....Don't judge others by the color of their skin. Were all Americans and believe in the same thing(which incidently is why I go so hard after people on this site who clearly don't believe in individual freedoms and liberties like IWOG and Dan).

Only racists like Marcus want to keep up a nonexistent fight. The playing ground was leveled before I was born.

Comments 1-14 of 14     Last »

1   Tenpoundbass   2016 Feb 7, 4:11pm     ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike   quote

Because the MSM is a pathetic little Snot Whistle, that wont go away even though you drink plenty of OJ and try not to kiss strange babies. Still there it is this persistent snotty little runny nose.

It also explains why Liberals suck as a president, it's early BOGO day.

2   FortWayne   2016 Feb 7, 8:24pm     ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike   quote

Aren't all sports roughly 99% black with a few white guys in the mix just so that white people keep showing up to the games? And asians don't even exist there.

3   BlueSardine   2016 Feb 7, 8:50pm     ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike   quote

Ever been to a ping-pong tournement?
FortWayne says

And asians don't even exist there.

4   Blurtman   2016 Feb 7, 9:57pm     ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

dodgerfanjohn says

No one cares what race the quarterback is

It is basically an illustration of the racist beliefs of the commentators. The commentator is assuming that blacks cannot be QB's, and is pointing out what, according to his racist belief system, is an oddity.

5   Strategist   2016 Feb 8, 5:01am     ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike   quote

Blurtman says

dodgerfanjohn says

No one cares what race the quarterback is

I think the commentator is pointing out the lack of Black QB's. Dodger fan is right...no one cares about the race of the QB, they just care about getting the best QB in order to win.

6   BlueSardine   2016 Feb 8, 6:16am     ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike   quote

It's a political talking point that garners the black vote.
Why let something so useful die off?

dodgerfanjohn says

Only racists like Marcus want to keep up a nonexistent fight.

7   Blurtman   2016 Feb 8, 7:19am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Strategist says

I think the commentator is pointing out the lack of Black QB's.

But not pointing out the under representation of white players, whom none doubt can play the game?

8   Strategist   2016 Feb 8, 7:30am     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote

Blurtman says

Strategist says

I think the commentator is pointing out the lack of Black QB's.

Genetically, Blacks are superior in sport and physical endurance. It's always the skinny Kenyans that win the marathons, even with little training.
"White men can't jump"

9   YesYNot   2016 Feb 8, 8:31am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

If you look at ultra endurance events, there are hardly any black athletes. This is true in grand tour bike racing and running of 50 or more miles. Is it something inherent or lack of interest? Hard to say. Same goes for QBs.

When I was growing up, there were hardly any black QBs. When they did start coming in, for whatever reason, they on average played QB much differently than the typical white guy. I heard tons of comments about this in the 80s and 90s, and most of those comments were disparaging toward the intelligence of black people. Of course everyone just wants a winner, but that doesn't stop people from speculating. And, many people use whatever they can to pontificate on whether or not black people are as smart as white people.

10   NuttBoxer   2016 Feb 8, 2:46pm     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote

Umm, warren moon, Randall Cunningham, donaven mcnabb, already mentioned Williams. Cam is late to the game.

SoftShell says

Ever been to a ping-pong tournement?

FortWayne says

And asians don't even exist there.

Don't forget Yao Ming, Linsanity, and Michael Chang.

11   Gary Anderson   2016 Nov 2, 11:19pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

I believe that the refs either were incompetent, or they threw the superbowl because the brand, Peyton Manning, was a big buck enterprise. I am not saying Peyton was involved. But I wrote this about it: http://www.talkmarkets.com/contributor/gary-anderson/blog/news/if-super-bowl-50-was-fixed-it-wasnt-done-by-cam-newton?post=85311&uid=4798

This is not backed by talkmarkets, and is on my personal blog apart from my vetted articles and is my opinion only. But the Superbowl was the strangest officiated football game I have ever witnessed.

12   BlueSardine   2016 Nov 3, 6:07am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Wouldn't it have been better for the refs to throw the game to the panthers so we could see if payton cried with real tears so we would know it was all true?

Gary Anderson says

13   BayArea   2016 Nov 3, 6:46am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Everyone knows that there are too many white CEOs and too many black professional athletes. We need to level the playing field (sarcasm is a bitch)

It is perplexing how we always hear about how few black QBs there are but never hear about how blacks dominate the NFL despite being 11% of the population.

14   Fucking White Male   2016 Nov 3, 6:49am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

The world is a better place when Gary takes his meds and isn't drudging up old posts to spout off false conspiracy theory's that are backed by literally zero evidence.

Comments 1-14 of 14     Last »

users   about   suggestions   contact
topics   random post   best comments   comment jail
patrick's 40 proposals
10 reasons it's a terrible time to buy
8 groups who lie about the housing market
37 bogus arguments about housing
get a free bumper sticker:

top   bottom   home