forgot password?   register

#housing #investing #politics more»
756,019 comments in 77,813 posts by 11,069 registered users, 1 online now: YesYNot

new post

bob2356's comments

1   bob2356   Aug 16, 11:55pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

TwoScoopsMcGee says

No less than the Washington Post itself, as early as 1980, was running articles about how the Mujahadeen - Jihad warriors - were being funded by the CIA. Many of the those groups later coalesced into the Taliban. Not only did the Government know it, the Public knew it. CIA trainers worked with the ISI to train Fundamentalist Guerillas throughout the 80s. In fact, it was the most expensive covert aid operation since WW2, more than aiding Central/South American Right Wing Paramilitary Forces.

We knew damn well which groups the ISI was helping the most, their fellow Pashtu ethnics, most of whom were also Sunni Fanatics. And the "bonus goal" was to spread Islamic Jihadi thinking into the USSR itself. Which John McCain later again supported (as did the rest of the Neocons) in Chechnya - during Yeltsin, not Putin (there goes the lie of "It's all fine, until Putin came along!" Putin's real crime is re-establishing order in Chechnya and liberating the mostly secular public fro...

Which circles back around to the original question. Do you have some kind of point here? The Mujahadeen didn't become the taliban or al queda. They were a couple of the groups fighting as part of the Mujahadeen. Everyone from Dole, Cheney, and Chafee on the far right to Dixon, Cranston, and Grey on the far left supported funding the Mujahadeen. Everyone including the public thought it was a good idea. What admissions do you think you've found? It wasn't any kind of big neocon secret. It wasn't a secret of any kind. Everyone in America knew we were sending funding and weapons.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Try looking forward sometime and let us know what you find.

2   bob2356   Aug 16, 7:28pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

TwoScoopsMcGee says

bob2356 says

What are you babbling about now? Who laid down with Al Queda and the Taliban. Your tin foil hat is way too tight.

You can't be this ignorant. Where oh where did the Fundamentalist Islamic Fighters get their Stingers from?

You can't be this ignorant. There were dozens of groups fighting the Russians. We passed weapons and funds strictly through the Pakistani ISI not directly to any group. The ISI decided which groups got what. It was called operation Cyclone if you want to look it up. So how does working with the ISI constitute lying down with Al Queda and the Taliban in your pink sky world?

3   bob2356   Aug 16, 7:14pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

TwoScoopsMcGee says

If this kid was actually a formal member of the Klan, he'll be the first Klan member to commit terrorist murder since the 1980s.

Nice strawman. You really do work very hard at shucking and jiving around the subject. KKK and white supremist aren't one and the same. There are lots of white supremist groups beyond the KKK. A bunch just got kicked off discord. Including the group that was planning a victory celebration at the dead womens funeral. Nice, these are your people. Own them.

4   bob2356   Aug 16, 7:03pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

TwoScoopsMcGee says

We've already been down this path with Al Qaeda and the Taliban: You lie down with dogs, you get diseases. Not only did Al Qaeda turn around and bite us on 9/11, but in the past few years the Deep State has been pushing Al Qaeda affiliates as "Moderate Rebels" worthy of support.

TwoScoopsMcGee says

it wasn't "normal" for an office seeker to have met with less than savoury people.

I wasn't aware Mccain was somehow an office seeker. You need to keep up more with current events. Mccain has been a senator a very long time. Politicians have always met with less than savoury people staring with Ben Franklin

5   bob2356   Aug 16, 6:23pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

TwoScoopsMcGee says

A few years ago, he willingly met with a fascist, the leader of the Social-National Party of Ukraine.

Do you have any kind of actual point? Politicians involved in international dialogue frequently meet with considerably less than savoury people from all types of different groups. What is so special about that? Presidents, including trump, suck face with saudi royalty that are paying people to kill us.

6   bob2356   Aug 16, 1:07pm     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote

komputodo says

bob2356 says

Sure you are...Just like rosie and the other "celebrities lol" that were going to leave. Sack up and pull the trigger.

Sure I did already. I've got multiple citizenships/residencies and was already living overseas for many years. I only got sucked back for a few years for feeble elderly parent obligations. Once that's done I'm gone. Keeping my US passport just means being a slave to the IRS the rest of my life.

WorkInProgress says

Don't let the door smack you in the ass. Just out of curiosity...Are you saying America is a great place to make a living? If so, why do you think that might be?

I didn't thank you very much. Depends on your definition of a living doesn't it. If you are talking about mall, walmart, fast food, chain/mc everything eating and shopping while pretty much living in your car being a slave to the system 10+ hours a day 50 weeks a year then the US is the best place on the planet. Can't be beat.

Seriously, do you guys see any way things are going to improve? There is a culture war going on and there is big big money behind it. Step out of the bubble, take a deep breath, and use your brain. You are being played.

7   bob2356   Aug 16, 8:25am     ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike   quote

YesYNot says

What's even funnier, though, is that Trump was bragging about how everybody loved his response on Saturday. Some people hear that and some how don't end up laughing their asses off at the absurdity of it all.

Unfortunately the end game of the shit storm Trump is creating is not going to be funny at all. I can't wait for my obligation to be in the US is finished so I can mail in my passport and leave. .

8   bob2356   Aug 16, 8:19am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

SpecialSnowflake says

Fake news:

It can't be fake news, it's not the MSM. Please get you shit together. There can be NO fake news from breitbart, the news source for people who think fox news is too liberal and sophisticated.

9   bob2356   Aug 16, 7:45am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

marcus says

To me it feels more than ever that Americans are being played. You've got Guns, Gays and God on the right (especially in the bible belt) , and identity politics (BLM,. trans gender rights ) on the left. There's even a sort of second tier or derivative level where some on the left, but far more on the right are critical of political correctness in a way that's irrational and over stating the problem in a way that reflects underlying racism and sexism.

Why do you find it irrational? Follow the money. There has been billions and billions specifically spent to indoctrinate the conservative base to be both irrational and unquestioning for the last 50 years. Look at many of the right wing publications as just one example. They aren't books and other materials being published because there is a market to sell them. The are produced as propaganda and distributed widely at a loss or for free by the various "non profits" funded by the ultra rich libertarians.

Where did the money come from for most right wing media? Murdock paid for Fox news and lost billions at first. Hedge fund billionaire Robert Mercer paid for breitbart.. No one knows if it makes money or not. Mercer was also the largest funder of Ted Cruz superpac until he dropped out then became the largest funder of the Trump superpac. Interesting coincidence.

Now we will of course hear the unavoidable wailing and gnashing of teeth from the usual right wingnut apologists crying SOROS, SOROS, SOROS without ever coming up with how much is spent by always evil boogy man Soros vs the dark money machine. It's literally pennies to hundred dollar bills. Which ironically enough will have the usual suspects reinforcing and proving your point being irrational and over stating the problem without a clue they are doing it.

10   bob2356   Aug 16, 7:15am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

YesYNot says

bob2356 says

You said I couldn't condemn the racist left. I said I've done it plenty of times. What part of that don't you understand? Should I type slower? What specifically are you looking to have condemned about the racist left on a thread about white supremacists?

You misunderstood me. Next time I'll be more explicit. I have no problem with what you wrote. I was agreeing with you that this thread was about white nationalism, but there were a lot of people who just had to go on a tangent about how bad the left was, as if that excused the behavior of the white nationalists.

Ah, that makes more sense. I thought you were saying my specific answer was a lot of buts which I found pretty mystifying.

11   bob2356   Aug 16, 7:09am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

TwoScoopsMcGee says

@Rew @Bob

I want to hear their Yes or No answer.

Of course you do, So did Joe McCarthy. So does every prosecutor that ever lived. Want to try to come up with something slightly more creative than the classic did you stop beating your wife yes or no gambit to avoid facing up to the real issues with your trump demi god? I didn't think so.

12   bob2356   Aug 15, 10:40pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

According to some persistent "rumors,"

This is what passes for news in your world and thunderlips world? Brings new meaning to the word pathetic.

TwoScoopsMcGee says

And never, ever the Alt Left movement.

Really? The right wing echo chamber has been screaming Soros non stop for years. How did you manage to miss it?

13   bob2356   Aug 15, 10:24pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike (2)   quote

epitaph says

Also, on a side note, how did this story get 10 times the coverage as that story a year ago about a Muslim who walked into a gay bar and murdered 49 people?

How did you work this out? Want to give us your methodology in calculating this and the actual numbers you came up with? Where I live the Orlando shooting got a ton of press.

14   bob2356   Aug 15, 1:36pm     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote

errc says

Bob2356? Certainly a poster that bumps heads with people some times, particularly one of my favorite commenters (Curious2), however I don't see him trolling anyone.

It's an odd list, I see a bunch of people opposing you on the political spectrum, but it's still bizarre.

Nothing bizarre about it. It's a list of people who regularly prove dan wrong.

You really find curious georgies grandiose sweeping generalizations backed up by fact free op ed pieces interesting or useful? Now that's odd.

15   bob2356   Aug 15, 1:23pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Dan8267 says

I let most shit slide, but when people mark my far more civil responses to uncivil posts as uncivil, I return the favor to the original post.

What is far more civil in your mind only.

16   bob2356   Aug 15, 9:48am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

YesYNot says

bob2356 says

I've condemned the racist left plenty of times. The thread is about white nationalists. Try to focus on the subject at hand.

For a yes or no question, there sure were a lot of yea, buts.

17   bob2356   Aug 15, 9:42am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

zzyzzx says

My answer is no.

How about a simple poll. Anyone else want to go on record specifically denouncing them? Don't be shy.

Simple would suit you perfectly since you communicate in cartoons. Life isn't simple however.

Any group that takes up violent and repressive methods has no validity no matter what their stated beliefs are. The ends don't justify the means. I support the principle but not when the methods are violent or intimidating to other people. I don't support the principle or methods of white supremacists.

18   bob2356   Aug 15, 9:28am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

TwoScoopsMcGee says

bob2356 says

Only one side killed anyone by running them down at high speed. True or False?

If he turns out to have had Psychotic/Schizo episodes, you will of course blame mental illness, not Donald Trump, yes?

Yes I will. Just like I blame a small number of wealthy KSA fundamentalists for terrorism around the world not the 2 billion people who are Muslim. You, being a totally brainwashed trumpbot, will continue to blame "the left" for everything from sunspots to your hemorrhoids.

TwoScoopsMcGee says

Also, please tell me the name of Scalise's attempted assassin and confirm he was motivated by the Resistance and Radical Alt Left from Social media.

You are making less sense than the average TBP post. Want to try again in english?

19   bob2356   Aug 15, 9:21am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Fucking White Male says

Is there even 1,000 white nationalists in the US?

And who is funding them(if anyone)?

We know Soros is funding Antifa and BLM. Who is funding the handful of white nationalists?

Handful? Where did you come up with this number? Want to back it up with anything at all other than it's true because I believe it should be true.

20   bob2356   Aug 15, 7:07am     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote

TwoScoopsMcGee says

Rew says

“We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides.”

Sure. Some protesters weren't involved in any hatred, bigotry and violence. True or False?

Only one side killed anyone by running them down at high speed. True or False?

users   about   suggestions   contact
topics   random post   best comments   comment jail
patrick's 40 proposals
10 reasons it's a terrible time to buy
8 groups who lie about the housing market
37 bogus arguments about housing
get a free bumper sticker:

top   bottom   home