forgot password?   register

#housing #investing #politics more»
756,019 comments in 77,813 posts by 11,069 registered users, 1 online now: YesYNot

new post

freak80's comments

1   freak80   2014 Mar 5, 2:14am     ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike (2)   quote

Facts don't matter. People believe what they *want* to believe. Then they cherry-pick the information that confirms those beliefs and ignore any conflicting information.

"Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up."

2   freak80   2014 Mar 4, 6:01am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says

Fuck, I'd join the catholic church if they'd get with contemporary needs and start crucifying bankers. Who wouldn't?

Amen! Serve up their bodies and blood every Sunday morning.

3   freak80   2014 Mar 4, 6:00am     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

Quigley says

When I was growing up in the 80s and 90s, my parents generation were mostly convinced the world was about to end. Whether it was nuclear holocaust or some type of biblical Armageddon scenario, everyone seemed to agree that "the end is near"(TM)

The end is still near. It's called global warming. Unfortunately, it will be a slower and far more painful death than nuclear war or the Biblical Armageddon. And there's no way to avoid global warming since our survival (at current population levels) depends on burning fossil fuels.

4   freak80   2014 Mar 4, 5:51am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Is it ok if I disown my American Taliban parents?

5   freak80   2014 Mar 4, 5:35am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

Ceffer says

When the Catholic Church starts serving up FACE, I'll be impressed.

They do. I think it's called the Eucharist.

6   freak80   2014 Mar 4, 5:26am     ↑ like (6)   ↓ dislike (2)   quote

Correct. One cold winter in eastern North America proves that global warming is bullshit. ;-)

7   freak80   2013 Nov 22, 1:57am     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote

The question is: how much longer will stocks keep going up at their current rapid rate?

I suppose the perception that Bernanke "has their back" is keeping the market going. In economics, perception = reality.

8   freak80   2013 Nov 22, 1:51am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Dunross is buying gold on margin.

9   freak80   2013 Nov 15, 9:14am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Iwog, as much as I'd like to meet "the duck" in person, there's probably no time at this point. If I remember right, you live in the east bay and it'd be quite a drive just to meet some guy from the Internet (me). Right now I'm in North Beach getting some italian food. I'll probably taking Bart back to Millbrae in a few hours. I fly out tomorrow.

10   freak80   2013 Nov 15, 8:47am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Thanks to all for the advice! Today is my last day, I fly back to Corning/Elmira tomorrow morning.

The weather was perfect today, so I was out taking pictures. I took the Big Bus tour which had to be re-routed due to Batkid! :-)

11   freak80   2013 Nov 14, 4:00pm     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote

I'm not from New York City. Corning is a long way from New York City, about 3 or 4 hours by car. Corning is pretty much a small town in the middle of nowhere.

12   freak80   2013 Nov 14, 10:06am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Going to take the night-time bus tour across the bay bridge since I'm afraid to drive across it myself. Yeah, the acrophobia is *that* bad.

13   freak80   2013 Nov 14, 8:24am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Ok I'm in the Castro right now. But not naked.

14   freak80   2013 Nov 14, 3:27am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Where can I meet him?

15   freak80   2013 Nov 13, 1:10pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Any Bay Area Patnet members want to meet me for lunch tomorrow? Or maybe that's a bad idea to give up Internet anonymity. Maybe I'll just take a picture of myself in front of a famous landmark, like when Patrick himself visited the Fed in DC.

16   freak80   2013 Nov 13, 12:26pm     ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

In a globalized economy, everyone makes Bangladesh wages.*

*except for the protected banking class

17   freak80   2013 Nov 13, 12:15pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

I'll have to get a photo of the sign tomorrow.

18   freak80   2013 Nov 13, 11:25am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

RFHTC,

I saw a billboard right on El Camino Real in San Bruno that said, "Stay calm. Buy Real estate." No joke.

19   freak80   2013 Nov 13, 11:04am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

I learned how to get the 3-day muni pass for $22, so I'll just stay in San Bruno & Millbrae and take BART into the city. That way there's no parking issues.

Wow that fog came in hard and fast this afternoon. Is that typical? It wasn't like that yesterday.

20   freak80   2013 Nov 13, 12:04am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Ok, thanks to everyone for the advice!

Acrophobia sucks, so I won't be biking across the bridges or taking any balloon rides. ;-)

I have a rental car, is parking going to be a problem near golden gate park?

users   about   suggestions   contact
topics   random post   best comments   comment jail
patrick's 40 proposals
10 reasons it's a terrible time to buy
8 groups who lie about the housing market
37 bogus arguments about housing
get a free bumper sticker:

top   bottom   home