forgot password?   register

#housing #investing #politics more»
756,019 comments in 77,813 posts by 11,069 registered users, 1 online now: YesYNot

new post

Vicente's comments

1   Vicente   2016 Oct 11, 3:35pm     ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike   quote

Hello friends!

I pretty much dropped off of Patrick.net, based on increasing nimrod dominance.

I see this has only gotten worse, had to go back 3 pages to find this post with sane content.

Anyhow, good to see there are still a few old-timers tilting at the windmills.

Til next time.

2   Vicente   2016 May 4, 9:12am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

YesYNot says

Can I suggest a user option for turning off pictures on the front page?

+1.

There's another site I frequent which is NSFW, which has a "safe browsing" toggle
which disables the images.

3   Vicente   2016 May 4, 1:21am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

4   Vicente   2016 Feb 29, 4:27pm     ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

DieBankOfAmericaPhukkingDie says

Most of the show would be about beach orgies.

I believe you are thinking of this classic nature documentary:

5   Vicente   2016 Feb 29, 3:30pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

My spouse gets up before I do, goes to bed often after I do, and usually creates more
order and organization than I do. The producers picked the most sloth-like group
of women I could imagine. Funny though.

6   Vicente   2016 Feb 29, 1:44pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

My sister WOKE ME UP this morning sending the family pictures by text of herself at a Rubio rally.
Her family drove themselves, no bus involved.

And of course other family cheered her on, and contributed pithy Ugly Hillary pics
contrasted to Jeanette.

Republicanism apparently removes your ability to do timezone computations
such that you think it's OK to send dozen+ texts to someone at O-dark-thirty.
Ordinarily my ringer is off at night, but this my on-call week so it's on 24x7.
I can't just ignore my phone because it could be work.

7   Vicente   2016 Feb 29, 1:29pm     ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

I always find it funny when my relatives call Hollywood "librul".

The people who run studios, it's firstly about MONEY, then secondly about MONEY, and thirdly....

They have no imagination and want to produce Star Tek and Indiana Jones reboots for as long as
you folks will keep handing them money. The day that a SuperFly reboot tops box office records
is the day I will expect a demographic shift in actor hiring.

8   Vicente   2016 Feb 1, 2:48pm     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

The Donor Class, also needs that information. They can find out who is polling best from common media forever.

But they want their MONEY to go where all the other money is going. Because in a chaotic environment, the only thing they know to do is assume Richie Rich wins.

9   Vicente   2016 Jan 9, 12:07am     ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

thunderlips11 says

The VR Sex shit was in that crappy Stallone movie

Stallone? Why you bring up that shit??!!!!

The classic VR scene is in Brainstorm (1983). Dude stays plugged into orgasm playback too long....

10   Vicente   2015 Dec 31, 11:35pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike (2)   quote

I'll disagree with many here.

I had Windows 7 since it came out. Finally my install became very creaky and unstable. I wiped it and installed Windows 10 and I couldn't be happier. Even on my 2007-era desktop it performs just fine.

I also have Macbook and iPhone, but sometimes I need Windows.

I have also warmed to Office 365. There are risks of course, but I can get a lot of Office type basics done anywhere I have a web browser now. Physical hardware dies, it's not the end of ability to work any more.

11   Vicente   2015 Dec 11, 6:01pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

lostand confused says

She also said focus on Syria's Assad, is diverting focus away from fighting ISIS.

Sadly, this is true.

Assad, much like Sadam Hussein, is not a nice man.

However, the region was much safer for American interests when we weren't toppling despots.

12   Vicente   2015 Dec 9, 1:21pm     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

I SPIT UPON THEE, for cruelly misleading headlines.

And Ironman deserves to have his eyes gouged out for his even greater offense.

13   Vicente   2015 Dec 9, 1:17pm     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (2)   quote

Decades of GOP talking up this "Christian Nation", and recent years of campaigning against the Sekret Muslim in Office......

But now suddenly the GOP wants to warmly welcome Muslim immigrants.

Strange time my friends!

14   Vicente   2015 Dec 9, 1:13pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

Children are walking into the US on their own?

Huh?

15   Vicente   2015 Dec 4, 4:58pm     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

Heraclitusstudent says

All these billions spend, all this mega spying infrastructure setup, all these privacy violated and they can't find that?

Yeah exactly! But do not ever question "bang for the buck" when it comes to defense & intelligence spending!!!

16   Vicente   2015 Dec 4, 9:06am     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

thunderlips11 says

Wife Malik participated, firing Assault Rifle. What does this mean for Syrian Refugees? Hopefully a stop to it.

Except.....

she wasn't Syrian!

My money is on HER as being the goading influence here.

And to your point somewhat:

Weapons used definitely not AK-47 smuggled over in anyone's luggage.

17   Vicente   2015 Dec 3, 3:28pm     ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (2)   quote

NuttBoxer says

Do terrorists consider a Health and Public Services building a high profile target? Doubtful.

I think it's likely entree of disgruntled nutjob, with a side of radical terrrorism.

Like the Oklahoma beheading last year. Sure the guy spouted a bunch of religious crap, but he was also being fired from his job at the food processing plant. Coworkers were killed, not random citizens.

So Mr. Numbskull is all wrapped up in his minor work complaints. Maybe someone says MERRRY CHRISTMAS HERE'S SOME BACON HAR HAR or whatever and that fiinally pushes him over the edge. So he and Princess of Arabia get dolled up and hose down the room.

If he were a pure terrorist, he'd have posted the Princess at the entrance to Walmart to prevent escape, and gone hunting for shoppers trapped inside. Or opened up on the line of people waiting for Santa at the mall. His choice of target is way personal.

18   Vicente   2015 Dec 3, 9:42am     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

Strategist says

Those whores will be of no help when you are old, sick, need companionship, and when you can't get it up any more.

19   Vicente   2015 Dec 3, 9:39am     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

Ironman says

San Bernadino suspects names : Syed Farooq, Susanna Ramos and Syed Moizullah.

You decide...

1 US-born American citizen, and 1 Saudi.

9/11, remember that? Saudis.

Instead of Afghanistan and Iraq, we should have invaded Saudi Arabia. Oh right, they were Bush allies.

20   Vicente   2015 Nov 29, 9:33am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike (3)   quote

Blurtman says

I am sure there are stats out there about single parent versus two parent raised kids.

A great many Icelandic kids are raised by single parents and turn out fine.

If you want to posit that Americans are so incompetent and dysfunctional that
they cannot handle single parenting, well that's not allowed. Because you know....

users   about   suggestions   contact
topics   random post   best comments   comment jail
patrick's 40 proposals
10 reasons it's a terrible time to buy
8 groups who lie about the housing market
37 bogus arguments about housing
get a free bumper sticker:

top   bottom   home