forgot password?   register

#housing #investing #politics more»
757,206 comments in 77,960 posts by 11,089 registered users, 3 online now: Dan8267, socal2, WookieMan

new post

elliemae's comments

1   elliemae   Jun 29, 11:09pm     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote

Trump lied? was it about this one thing (coal), or was it about other stuff like Carrier Corp Jobs, building a wall, making 'merica great again... At least he isn't hanging fake Time Mags in his businesses... or holding a fundraiser for himself at places he owns so he gets paid for holding it, and then paid for the money raised....

OMG, we're all fucked. Seriously fucked.

2   elliemae   Jun 29, 11:06pm     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote

It'll be interesting to see where the healthcare shitstorm ends. Seems to me that the Repubs are more interested in repealing Obamacare than in fixing it or finding a suitable alternative. With a president that is childish and vindictive this is what we're stuck with. Fuck

3   elliemae   Jan 6, 12:10pm     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote

Do they have a place for people to pull over and panhandle for the funds? That would be a nice touch

4   elliemae   Jan 5, 2:51pm     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote

Jollibee is pretty good; I'd say it's better than McDonald's but dog shit is better than McDonald's.

5   elliemae   Jan 5, 1:00pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

who will be blamed after Obama has left office? C'mon - get on the stick! We need a new scapegoat.

6   elliemae   2016 Dec 30, 9:05am     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote

With all of the drama and fabricated stories on the interwebs, as well as the people who claim everything from the moon landing to the Sandy Hook shooting (Boston Marathon, 9/11...) are hoaxes, people tend to doubt pretty much everything they read. It sucks - especially since law enforcement still appears to doubt the victim in many cases.

I know you can't believe everything that everyone says - but shit happens that can't be explained sometimes. We need to investigate with open minds.

7   elliemae   2016 Dec 29, 11:42am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

I saw this on TV a few weeks ago. There was a young woman who lived in the Northwest and reported that she had been raped. The investigators ended up not only accusing her of fabricating the story, but charged her with it and she paid a fine. It took years, but when the dude was finally arrested and confessed her story came out.

Why can't we take this story at face value? It's easy to doubt someone when you weren't there, don't know the specifics. When a woman is attacked she is at her most vulnerable - and that's when people are the most vicious.

8   elliemae   2016 Dec 28, 11:45am     ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike   quote

I'm not sure what I would do - I'm not them. People become institutionalized to their situation and the thought of moving is often overwhelming. .

I don't have answers, but I do have a bunch of questions. What would you do? What if you lived in an RV, couldn't afford the gas to leave town nor did you have a place/job to go to?

I do know that Denny's servers make $2.13 per hour in Utah. https://www.dol.gov/whd/state/tipped.htm

9   elliemae   2016 Dec 28, 9:56am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

...so, they should move to another place where they make less, and still can't afford to live? If this offends you, why don't you simply ignore it?

10   elliemae   2016 Dec 1, 12:14pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

No - I didn't go. I might be able to make it to the memorial. Will keep you posted.

11   elliemae   2016 Nov 22, 7:37pm     ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike   quote

Turtledove obviously cared about the imaginary friends here at Patnet. One might argue that her husband honored her by letting us know.

I'm actually kicking around driving 500 miles to attend the service. Not sure I can take time off work, I guess I'll let ya'll know.

12   elliemae   2016 Nov 21, 10:54pm     ↑ like (10)   ↓ dislike   quote

Patrick says

BayAreaObserver says

"Are you suggesting that Ellie Mae is not a woman ?

She is a woman. I'll write her to see if she's OK.

I do think women in general avoid unmoderated forums.

Especially with all the 4 letter words that are so commonly used."

I'm here, am all woman, can hold my own and can swear like a mutherfucker. It is very sad to hear about Turtledove, and (of course) sadder still to read all of the bullshit comments made about the possible causes of her death and to make even a little light of it.. It's a difficult time when a family suffers a loss, and it's a double whammy when someone who was as loyal to Patnet as she is vilified by some of the assholes here. "spousal abuse" - WTF???? "i'm not saying she's alive, but there's some details that don't really feel 100% authentic..." Again - WTF????

I took a vacation from ya'll. I miss some of you, many not-so-much.

Turtledove was well written, spoke her mind and had much more patience than many of you give her credit for. She had a husband, a family, a life IRL. Show some respect, if you can pull it out your ass.

13   elliemae   2016 Aug 16, 9:27pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

It must be true... I saw it in the internets

14   elliemae   2016 Jun 7, 6:55pm     ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike   quote

Strategist says

More than $12,000 for this ugly, shapeless garment she wore to her speech about inequality.

She could have gotten this for $25.00 from Kmart

How do we know she didn't? $25 for the tablecloth, $24,975 to the store for closing it while she shopped. Just sayin'

15   elliemae   2016 Jun 2, 6:52am     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Y? U? USU? enquiring minds want to know. I'm WSU before it was a U.

Very cool, congrats.

16   elliemae   2016 May 30, 12:05am     ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike   quote

Patrick says

i'm not saying we shouldn't allocate 50% for environmental uses, only that trump is not just completely making shit up.

He likes talking points. I get it, it's how he's so popular. But the environmental use, according to the attached article, are necessary to sustain wildlife and keep fish & wetlands from extinction.

I anticipate desal plants becoming substantially cheaper as technology changes. But it's crazy that the water used for urban use is what's on lockdown, when it's so much less than the other categories. And the water being sold to bottled water companies is just plain wrong. Sends the wrong message.

Trump is a dick. But a little one.

17   elliemae   2016 May 26, 9:06pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Ironman says

Patrick says

removed slash

You have something against Guns N' Roses?

Well played

18   elliemae   2016 May 25, 10:28pm     ↑ like (7)   ↓ dislike   quote

Monicasucks1

19   elliemae   2016 May 17, 8:12pm     ↑ like   ↓ dislike   quote

Linda Tripp is a fat, ugly opportunistic bitch who is wasting good air. She should stop breathing - that would cure it.

20   elliemae   2016 May 16, 11:31am     ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

WTF does it matter? If it doesn't affect you, who gives a fuck?

Seriously, the stalls in women's bathrooms have doors. If the person in the stall next to me stands up or sits down, has a dick or two (or none), I wouldn't ever know. This is a non-issue.

users   about   suggestions   contact
topics   random post   best comments   comment jail
10 reasons it's a terrible time to buy
8 groups who lie about the housing market
37 bogus arguments about housing
get a free bumper sticker:

top   bottom   home