Patrick's comments

« First    « Previous    Comments 4452 - 4491 of 4491    Last »

Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jun 30, 11:42am   ↑ like (5)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

This is good news.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 1, 11:26am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Thanks @NuttBoxer !
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 1, 6:06pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

HEYYOU says
Patrick says
but patrick.net never does

I've got to call you on this.

"ignores"

If one user does not want to hear from another user, that is not censorship on the part of the site.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 1, 8:34pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

He does indeed sound quite sane.

And he's right that gays are actively pushing homosexuality onto young kids.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 2, 7:29am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Thanks, that was an excellent read.

Pretty funny that women at the Ivy League think of themselves as oppressed. The rest of the article is very sad though.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 2, 8:32am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

This worked for me just now:

Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 3, 9:51pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

'Mini AOC' ends parody videos after receiving 'death threats,' 'harassment' from the left, family says

The 8-year-old child actor who went viral for impersonating Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-NY, is no longer going to make videos due to death threats and harassment she and her family have received.

Earlier this year, Ava Martinez, known as "Mini AOC," brought joy to her fans with several videos poking fun at the socialist darling, collecting millions of views on social media.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 4, 5:17pm   ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says
forced to attend de-radicalization classes

WTF?

This country was founded on the idea that we have the right to armed resistance against tyranny. Being forced to attend "re-education" to become politically correct is a pretty damn good definition of tyranny.

Of course this is America. I hope Britain finds its balls. Apparently the feminists have run off with them.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 5, 3:24am   ↑ like (7)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Slavery was legal in Saudi Arabia until 1965, and actually continues quietly to this day there and in other Arab countries because Islamic law specifically approves of slavery.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 5, 3:32am   ↑ like (5)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Maybe Ft Wayne meant that the hiring was random within the approved "diverse" groups.

Sadly, I can already see the globohomo diversity is a bigger problem now in Ireland than when I was here two years ago.

Soon the whole world will be a badly run dangerous strip mall of corporate franchises all waving the sodomy rainbow flag with "pride".

There will be no families, no countries, no sense of being anywhere but in the same strip mall everywhere on earth.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 5, 6:38pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

All that is really necessary in both European countries and America is to:

1. Close the fucking borders of each country. No borders means no country.
2. Deport anyone who is there illegally.
3. Encourage helpful national unity and stop pretending that diversity is somehow a good thing.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 7, 3:08pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

B.A.C.A.H. says
the Islamic Republic of Britain

Soon.

Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 7, 3:11pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Hugolas_Madurez says
Why not Safari?

I tried, but Safari pisses me off for some reason. Doesn't work the same as other browsers.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 7, 3:18pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

clambo says
There may be an extremely rare case of an hermaphrodite or "intersex" but they're useless for the discussion of how many sexes exist; there are 2 sexes.

Exactly. There are still only two sexes even if someone is born with a severe birth defect making them somewhat between the TWO.

WillPowers says
Only in Hollywood dream land does someone want a man who chopped off his dick and replaced it with a hole that is not a vagina.

True.

But then, Hollywood is founded on fantasy and deception. That's their business.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 8, 10:25am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

jackieplatt says
why all the hassle of setting up your own VPN?... I dont get it.

The reason is so that commercial VPNs cannot spy on your if you set up your own VPN.

I think it would be very naive to think that commercial VPNs would not sell data about you.

So if you want real security, you have to go to the hassle of setting up your own.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 9, 3:00am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Me too. I don't use Facebook or Google at all anymore.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 9, 6:57am   ↑ like (5)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Illegals are not here for our benefit.

Most of them are here primarily to drain cash from the US and send it to Mexico.

Legal immigrants don't send nearly as much out.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 10, 3:22am   ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Hugolas_Madurez says
Quigley says
I’m mostly in agreement with Wookieman. Give those who have shown good faith a path to citizenship

Fuck, no.

Right! They have already shown bad faith by breaking into the US. They have proven that they do not respect our laws.

I have a problem with rewarding crime.

There are plenty of qualified people with valuable skills who are going through the correct legal process for citizenship. The people who cut in line by jumping the border are shitting on those good people.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 10, 3:28am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

We are compelled to own cars in order to keep our cash flowing to Saudi Arabia.

Efficient public transit would use far less fuel.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 10, 3:32am   ↑ like (6)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I always admired Perot after he loudly and clearly objected to other candidates evading the questions.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 11, 7:34am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

OK, true, but having lived in California for 20 years, I'm used to good wine, and that's what I prefer.

Maybe the Guinness is slightly better in Ireland than in the US, but not dramatically. Though one bartender (at Murphy's on the main pedestrian street in Galway) told me he pours a "savage" pint. Which was pretty funny, because it's a very slow traditional place, couple of old men loitering there all day.

Jameson is Jameson everywhere. Scotch drinkers look down on it, though I always like it. It does not vary.

But wine -- that's a real adventure, and the best wine is really worth paying for. Wine varies dramatically.

Many people did indeed seem to get shitfaced in Ireland. I watched a group of three older women on Inis Oírr drink three bottles, so a bottle of vodka each. Each! I'd need hospitalization after that. I can drink a bottle of wine no problem, but damn.

Now I'm in Chicago visiting relatives on the way back to CA.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 11, 7:37am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The Orange Parade? I don't think I'd feel welcome.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 11, 7:40am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I took this photo of the Orange Hall when I was in Belfast two years ago.

Note that all the windows are covered with mesh to prevent people from throwing rocks through the windows.

Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 11, 7:41am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Crap, I hate how iPhones do you the unwanted "favor" of rotating pictures without asking.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 11, 7:48am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I was just reading about the Catholic Church was complicit in killing off Irish Gaelic as the dominant language too.

The English gave them money for a Catholic seminary at Maynooth, but with the condition that everything be in English. Bastards took the money and betrayed the language.

The English were actually more afraid of the Irish language as a cause for separatists than they were afraid of Catholicism.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 11, 6:26pm   ↑ like (5)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

We should keep on quoting the NY Times' 2016 predictions of DOOM if Trump wins the presidency.

So incredibly wrong.

So incredibly partisan.

Such bad "journalism".
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 12, 5:08am   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Hugolas_Madurez says
jazz_music says
Store invasions like this have happened before as far back as 50 years ago when I was in high school. The kids were mostly middle class and white.

Booooooooooooooooolshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

I agree. Never in my life have I seen or heard of white kids doing anything like what black kids do routinely, for example the flash mob muggings of people on BART.

It's always black kids, and exclusively black kids. Never whites, Asians, or even Hispanics.

Of course most black kids probably wouldn't do that. But when it happens, it's always blacks.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 13, 7:20am   ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Eventually, all empires overreach and there is violent rebellion by those who have been trapped and exploited by the elite.

When it happens here, those who are fighting for their lives against the elite will be called "racists" and "Nazis" just because those are the worst terms the elite can call them.

But it's really all about the elite sucking the marrow from the bones of everyone else.

They are doing it in three main ways :

1. Housing debt
2. Unpublished medical prices
3. Student loan debt
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 13, 9:22am   ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WillPowers says
“Now, do I agree with every move that he makes? No, I don’t. But the truth is he has produced more than anybody else. He has. If we look at this country, I would say that we are better off today than we were eight years ago or six years ago.”

Yes, this is the important point.

I feel exactly the same. Trump has not done everything right. I don't like his cozying up to the Saudi fucks who killed so many Americans on 9/11.

But the economy is doing dramatically better than it did under Obama, and Trump has had the balls to challenge the intolerant left on lots of issues. Trump deserves our support.

The Democrats deserve to lose until they remember that they used to represent working people. Now they represent only globohomo incorporated.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 14, 10:42am   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Leftists are extremely violent and intolerant.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 15, 7:59pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says
My weed stocks have done well for me overall:

Symbol TotalChg TotalChg%
APHA -5,641.32 -28.91%
CWBHF +16,827.78 +86.14%
KSHB +3,550.95 +17.66%
CNTTF +4,397.55 +22.79%

OK, I have to take that back. Looks like CNTTF is on the verge of getting de-listed:

Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 15, 8:39pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Thanks @Hircus Sorry for the delay, I have been traveling.

I fixed the syntax error (good find!) but don't understand the sizing problem.

Could you email an original of the crying face image to me at p@patrick.net and I'll see if I can reproduce the problem on my development version of the site.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 15, 8:58pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

FortWayneIndiana says
Rehabs

Rehab for weed would be easier than rehab for coffee. It's a non-issue. Not physically addictive in the least.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 15, 9:04pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Thanks @FortWayneIndiana !
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 15, 9:37pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

From the guy who sent it:

My wife sent it to me. I think she found it on Zillow. Zip code 95014.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 16, 8:22am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CBOEtrader says
FortWayneIndiana says
Rehabs

If insurance pays for it, the rehab centers can charge $25k for a week long program.

Lol, this is true.

The rehab industry just has to pay off the AMA and get "marijuana dependence syndrome" listed in the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual), which is the "source of truth" for whether something is a disease or not. Then the insurance is obligated to pay.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 16, 8:54am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

@5cdfb That does not sound like me. I doubt I deleted it.

Please make your argument again here (or maybe you just did!) and watch, see that it remains visible.
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 16, 5:11pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Beautiful!
  Patrick   ignore (1)   2019 Jul 16, 5:15pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Onvacation says
If you can make your point without attacking others it will not be deleted. Some people have a hard time with that.

True.

Please do experiments! See that any comment which is not attacking other users or the site is allowed to remain.