WookieMan's comments

« First    « Previous    Comments 1842 - 1921 of 1921    Last »

WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 7, 2:22pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Goran_K says
Funny. I just want people to prove they are actually citizens and carry an ID to vote. But somehow that’s racist and a spelling test is much more feasible somehow.

I'm cool with ID's all day. I literally have 4 form of government approved ID to identify myself. Not hard to get.

I like the write in idea because you have to actually know who the fuck you're voting for. I'd guess at least 6 out of 10 times it's a straight party line vote and the people don't really even know what they're voting for.

Not everyone of course, but I'm guessing most don't even know the positions of their state representative. Who will likely have more impact on them then versus the federal government. I know my state reps and governor are probably going to raise my state income taxes to the tune of 50-75% higher after a recent 30% increase. I have a whole hell of a lot more influence over those types of elections versus the federal level. Problem here in IL is the ballots and straight affiliation voting for one party or the other. With zero knowledge of the actual candidates.

It's like going to a restaurant and you can choose a hamburger or a cheeseburger. There are other ingredients on the burger, but the menu is only telling you if it has cheese or not. The other ingredients are policy stances and they're not listed on the menu. That's how our current ballots function.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 7, 2:38pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Tim Aurora says
Not letting Rod Rosenstein take over as the acting AG is step 2

Step 2 of what? Is he still not in charge of the Mueller investigation? I didn't see that headline. Fact is, if Mueller has a shred of evidence on anything, he can spill the beans at any time. Nothing would be or is stopping him.

Again, getting rid of Sessions should be a point of jubilation for Dems. He wasn't your friend and it looks rather silly that any Dem would be concerned about him being asked to resign. Which again is well within the POTUS power. Him assigning someone new, again, within his powers.

IF Trump did anything illegal, it will come to light. The president will and always will be one of the most investigated people on the planet. Over 2 years since getting into this political process and very likely the worst thing dug up is him talking about grabbing pussy. If that's what you want to hang your hat on after two years, kudos to you I guess.

Given Trump's personality and behavior, last night was seemingly a bust for the Democrats as someone that considers themselves neutral. The entire house can be flipped again in 2 years and will be if Dems just want to have a witch hunt.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 7, 3:30pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

And? Has the investigation been stopped? Is this not like the 100th time the investigation was going to be shut down? You can only yell fire in a crowded theater so many times and expect people to keep reacting to it. We're at the 100th time now and nobody cares. Bring forth evidence after 2+ years. That's where most logical people stand, left or right leaning. Again, logical people.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 7, 6:08pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

cmdrdataleak says
Yep.

I'm in a healthy and stable relationship of many years, we live together and share our lives. I adore her and trust her and don't want for anything more or different from a partner.

However, I am not going to ask for marriage. Because..... why even take the risk? The stakes are way too high and the consequences are life-destroying. Statistically speaking, and especially in this state, if anything did go sour, the male is likely to get seriously boned.

Feminism is a scourge on society for sure. You don't trust your partner at all though. You can type that all you want, that you trust her, but you don't. "Why even take the risk?"

I don't care if dudes end up in a good marriage or not really. That's on them to pick the right person. If you have any inkling of a concern that your partner could EVER potentially fuck you over, I'd run now. Eliminate the risk completely. Hell, 50% of married people end up divorced, so you're in a coin flip situation out the gate, right?

As a side note, what is many years? Many years to one person could be 3 or it could be 12 to another. I see you're newish here, so not trying to railroad you or anything. Being harsh but sincere. This is coming from someone about to get after the same lady for 20 years now.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 7, 6:10pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

One more comment and the pooping photo is off this page. And here it is. @MAGA I get the humor, but fuck that photo is/was gross.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 7, 8:11pm   ↑ like (7)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

The questions themselves weren't that big of a deal. The guy was a complete cunt when that lady tried to grab the mic from him. All media is garbage, but Acosta took sleaze to the next level on multiple occasions now. Good riddance.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 7, 8:15pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Tim Aurora says
he is the king and sending his subjects to the gallows if they disagree with him

Or to Guam?
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 7, 8:20pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Strategist says
TwoScoopsOfSpaceForce says
Two Muslimas now in Congress. One in Michigan, One In Minnesota. Gloating about the "inevitability" of their conquest.

It's the beginning of the end.

Maybe the Michigan one will get lured into the devils plant, pot. Closest place to me to legalize recreationally. Have a good buddy that lives in Southwest MI. I'm going to be taking multiple trips per year now to visit him. Lol. Good times are a coming.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 8, 6:54am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

APHAman says
He wasn’t in congress anymore, Trump appointed him Attorney General. It was his job to enforce the law. Congress and the President are the ones tasked with ending the jihadist Prohibition. Fortunately we have Liberals here to fight back on behalf of the people.

I thought there was a process whereby the AG could at least change the drug schedule of cannabis?

Even lowering it to a schedule 4 or 5 would make a massive difference. Schedule 5 and you're buying it at Walgreens/CVS from behind the counter without a prescription.

I never liked Jeff Sessions, as I'm not a real big fan of Southern Republicans or Southern politicians in general. His stance on pot was retarded. I think people jumping to the conclusion that the new AG will gut the Mueller investigation are putting the cart before the horse. As I've said before, Trump could have had it gutted from day one. I'm confused why some here fail to remember that aspect of this whole thing?

Be happy we got a Southern dimwit out of basically the highest LEO position in the country. I would think this is something both sides could celebrate.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 8, 2:15pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

DASKAA says
Alcohol is considered a performance-enchansing drug in competetive shooting. Slightly buzzed shooter actualy has an edge over completely sober one.

Weird but true.

No experience in the shooting realm with alcohol. But this is most certainly true in a ton of non-consequential motor skill type activities. Darts. Ping pong. Golf. The list goes on. And I'm not talking about being wasted. As you said, being buzzed, for some people can get their brain out of the way and make them less "mental" about the task at hand.

And I don't want to hear the rips on alcohol. There are plenty of other drugs that docs prescribe that fuck up the body substantially worse and are less effective when it comes to anti-anxiety and calming effects. As with anything, moderation is key. I'd rather have 2-3 beers and play darts over some pharma drug that is way worse for the mind and body.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 8, 2:17pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

I haven't read any of the comments on this thread. Why is this a thread? Why are people commenting on it?
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 8, 6:24pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

FortWayneIndiana says
Grandma living in a house that she bought long ago, can't afford 20k in taxes. her social security barely pays $1100/month. Now take out $300 for medicare. And she probably has to at least eat something and have some basic utilities.

Why is it other peoples problems to carry Granny on their backs because she didn't save enough throughout her lifetime? If you're solely relying on social security at that age, you're a simple retard. Pump the taxes, force her to sell her house and she can live within her measly means off the house gains in Nebraska paying $200/mo in insurance and taxes.

No one HAS to live in CA. If you can't afford it, get the fuck out. Too much whining going on now from all demographics. Jesus. Everyone needs to grow a pair.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 8, 6:38pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WTF needs to be recounted? It's 20 fucking 18. If you can't fill in a circle/oval then your fucking vote doesn't count. If in 20 fucking 18 a machine can't read a ballot, then why in the actual fuck do we use said machines? Just count the fuckers by hand since it seems to have to go that way all the time in Florida. 1974 called and wants its technology back....

Zero fucking clue how you guys live there. Enjoy the retardation.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 8, 7:51pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

FortWayneIndiana says
Your poor financial choices of buying things you can't afford, are not granny's fault.

What are you talking about? You just said Granny is pulling in $1,100/Mo in social security. Sounds like Granny made some poor financial choices with her bare bones property taxes on a $1M+ shack.

FortWayneIndiana says
Clearly granny isn't your enemy, the problem is out of control government spending and inflation that is brought on by government. Focus on that instead.

Of course, focus on out of control government spending. So let's tax the productive people at 13% on the state level and then rip them a new one on property taxes when they buy a home when they're 30. This makes all the sense in the world to have people spending every dollar on income taxes and property taxes, all because Granny is a dipshit and solely relied on SS income. Fact is, Granny likely was the one that fucking voted for the policies allowing her to be a socialist bitch. She's part of the reason real estate prices are so damn high out there (again just part of the reason).

I'll take care of my folks and in laws if and when it comes time. I didn't realize that it was cool to be 65 plus and be a deadbeat and expect everyone else in society to take care of you. Grow up. Should have saved more if you can't afford where you live. If you can't afford it, move.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 8, 7:58pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

SunnyvaleCA says
If you think Acosta's rights were trampled by being kicked out of the event, then so were mine for not being invited to the event to begin with.

Boom! This. And the fact 30+ other reporters were allowed to ask questions. The press is clearly being suppressed, this is such a mess I must confess.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 9, 4:04am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

just_dregalicious says
Guam deserves a Senator!

Slow down. Guam should be just fine with their non-voting delegate in the house. Give Guam too much power and we all know how that ends....
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 9, 12:15pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Ceffer says
All they need to do is put cams in his chambers, and remove all the six packs

Lol. Six packs. He likes beer. Kav. is a 30 pack guy I think.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 9, 12:45pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

HeadSet says
WookieMan says
Ceffer says
All they need to do is put cams in his chambers, and remove all the six packs

Lol. Six packs. He likes beer. Kav. is a 30 pack guy I think.

Can they put a "kegerator" in his chambers? PBR on tap.

The economics of beer buying are actually better with 30 packs versus kegs. Sounds strange but is true. At least to an individual. I'm sure bars get kegs a lot cheaper, but Kav. will do best buying cases.. Kav. is just going to have to figure out how to hide the empties. Hopefully the SCOTUS janitor is thorough and can clean up his beers.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 9, 12:48pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

HeadSet says
Not everyone need be a George Will, who appears to write articles specifically to use some obscure and rare term he just looked up.

100% agree. Put the god damn thesaurus down and write the words that everyone knows. Big or strange words make you smart not - Yoda.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 10, 8:13pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

TwoScoopsOfSpaceForce says
This is something every other county in Florida has been able to do, including Miami-Dade and Orange County (Orlando).

This and the rest of the country! I'm not sure there's anything fishy going on, but after a few times of Broward having some pretty simple things become big problems, you start to wonder. Like I said, I'm not sure if fraud is going on, but at some point you can't just outright discount that it's not going on with or without proof. How many counties are in the US? This one seems to have a problem every major election cycle.

Broward needs to figure it out at some point or the vote tallies won't be trusted by anyone in the future and we'll deal with this BS every time.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 10, 8:35pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

@Patrick - Not sure if this is a glitch. FortWayne quoted Malcolm here, but I'm not seeing his comments. Starts on comment 2 for me. Checked in another browser not logged in and it doesn't look like anyone has me on ignore. And my list of ignored doesn't include him.

If for some reason he is ignoring me and I'm looking at it wrong I apologize. I don't care if someone ignores me for reelz, but from what I can tell neither of us seem to be ignoring each other and I'm not seeing his comments. I also don't recall any negative exchanges with him in the past. Wasn't sure if there was a site issue or I'm missing something. Probably me, but wanted to point it out.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 10, 8:46pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

HappyGilmore says
Get ready for Betomania--that's going to be Trump's opponent in 2020.

Sorry, nationally anyone that goes by Beto is going to get thrashed. I know it's not his actual name, but Beto cannot come close to getting elected on a national level. He got beat by a very unlikable Republican incumbent in Cruz. Even for TX. Trump already beat Cruz too, so technically he's already ahead of Beto by default.

Dems really need to shift out of the fringe issues and start getting a candidate groomed that wants to help a majority of people instead of these fraction of a percentage of the population issues.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 11, 11:11am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says
Did you say comment number 1 is missing for you even when you're logged out?

When logged in, Malcom’s comment is not there. Comment # 1, goes straight to #2.

When logged out, Malcom’s comment shows up as # 1. That’s why I checked ignore.

WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 11, 6:20pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Who cares? ZZ fucking Top? Who cares what hat some opening act wears either? They're the fucking OPENING act! God damn people are such pussies now.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 11, 6:28pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

@Patrick - First screen shot is logged OUT, like a lurker. Second screen shot is logged IN.

This only seems to be an issue with Malcolm. And as you mentioned neither of us appear to be ignoring each other. The only ignores I added were back when there was some Chinese spam BS about 6-8 months ago or so. I haven't ignored any regular users here and from my recollection of his posts, I don't even think Malcolm would make the top 20 of who I'd even begin to think about ignoring (if I ignored anyone).
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 11, 6:32pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

jazz_music says
Maybe Billy Gibbons got ripped off by Trump “University”

Lol. Anyone that got ripped off by Trump University was a simple idiot out their mom's vag. They probably then signed up for Than Merrill's program on how to flip houses with OPM or the thousands of other blatantly obvious scams out there. Not unique to Trump. It's real estate after all....
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 11, 6:43pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

Since there's a minimum age limit to become president, I think there should be an age cap on the older end. Make it the age when you can get max social security roughly. 18-67 massively outnumbers those 67 and older. Why should we have a president that is very likely completely out of touch with a majority of the population? Goes for Trump too. Plus the fact they could drop dead at any moment.

Part of the Dems problems are that the younger, incoming politicians are pussy whipped by the "torch" bearers before them. Clinton, Sander, Warren, Pelosi, etc. They can't pave their own way so to speak, but they're also puppets for the old guard. Dems need a bull in a china shop like Trump was to the GOP. Not seeing it happening though. Got to make sure you pander to the 69 genders even though that's the most in your face position that there really is only 2 genders.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 11, 6:49pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

jazz_music says
After all, aren’t a lot of celebs Scientologists?

Huh?
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 11, 7:35pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

This might be the first time I've noticed a comment of mine was disliked (comment 6). Of all the comments I've made here, I'm not too sure why this specific one was disliked. I have plenty of others that would definitely be more dislikable compared to this. Oh well, given the baby years of this site we focused on real estate, I thought this comment would have been a slam dunk. Someone must be grumpy tonight.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 11, 7:56pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

FortWayneIndiana says
It's a free country, she wants to run and make a joke of herself, her choice.

I have some friends that are 30. They can't run in 2020 for president. How is that freedom? But some hag or geezer that's 70 can run when they're on deaths doorstep. Even the smartest 70 year old people I know are not all there anymore, yet it's cool for them to run the country? These age limits don't compute with the logical crowd.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 11, 8:55pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

HeadSet says
That may happen. Remember that Obama and Trump both came out of nowhere and won.

Yes and no. Barack did do some time in State legislature and was an elected Senator. Trump did neither. I'll probably get pegged as a racist even though I voted for him the first time for '08, but everyone knows why Barack was elected. I don't even have to type what I'm thinking and everyone here knows what I'm talking about.

I don't think he was bad, but I very much think he was a going through the motions President and really didn't necessarily know WTF he was doing. Trump doesn't know what he's doing either, but I think a lot of American's were tired of the passive president and we then got Trump. This will be an unpopular statement for some here, but fact is Trump running businesses, even poorly, is better then the experience Barack had. Outside of higher education (law degree) Barack really had zero discernible skills to bring to the presidency. And it showed.

Dems need someone that is not on ANY radar. That won't cow-tow to the geriatric Dems that seem to think their 1980's ideas are still good for us. We'll see.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 12, 10:48am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

I don't know, probably will come across as harsh. But if you're that concerned about prices when you go out, should you actually be going out? Most people know where the pricey spots are. They either go their because they're rich or it's a special occasion. Otherwise, 9 out of 10 times you're going to have a rough idea of what you're going to spend when you go out for a dinner and drinks on an average night.

I'm a beer drinker, so maybe wine or mixed drink prices can vary wildly between your average establishments. But my wife drinks both and when we go out for a night in our area we're looking at $90-$180 for a dinner. A $90 difference is like 45 minutes of work in one day between us. Pretty inconsequential. I'd say if you're concerned about dropping $30 extra on some drinks, you might need to stay home that night. And if the establishment has been around for a while without listing prices, then there's a reason they're still around. Something is good about the place.

I don't like the practice honestly, but I also don't really see it being a big deal. It's not like some dive bar is going to charge you $12 for a Bud Light because they didn't list the price. They'd be out of business in a week.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 12, 12:34pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote   flag

TwoScoopsOfSpaceForce says
DASKAA says
Is it legal?

I imagine in some states it isn't. I know in many states almost anything on display has to have a price sticker, even if the price is displayed on the shelf under the item.

At a grocery store, sure. Patrick seemed to be talking about bars/cafes. I really don't have too much of a problem with it. They have to flex prices (happy hour, ladies night, specials, etc). Sometimes not knowing the price works in your advantage. They might be having a sale on certain types of wine to get rid of some inventory that's been hanging around. They might not have sold it if there's a menu showing $10 for a glass, when they're actually selling it for $6. Can't rely on servers to accurately get the specials across either and it's not always efficient to change 100 menus to get rid of 8-10 bottles of wine.

Again, harsh opinion, but frankly don't go out if you're concerned about what something costs, especially food and drink. It's not a car purchase. Unless you're going to the 5 course, top of the line restaurant in your area, prices are generally reasonable anywhere I've been in my area and traveling. Food items also correlate very much with the booze pricing. A joint that has a $10 burger versus a $15 burger and you know you're going to be paying more for booze at the $15 a burger joint. It's not too tough to figure out.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 12, 1:46pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

FortWayneIndiana says
At 30 you don't have life experience to understand it enough.

Wrong. Serious question. How many states and/or countries have you been to and how many times? If your experience is living in the LA area, I don't care if you're 90. It means dick. There is a thing such a good and bad experience. Age is not a factor.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 12, 1:47pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Being alive does not = experience. Get it?
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 12, 2:10pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

curious2 says
A fool and his money are soon parted. We live in an empire of debt, with deficit spending, and most people have little or no savings. It is very sad that a nation of investors and savers became a nation of borrowers and spenders. It is bizarre to see that misrepresented as some sort of virtue, as if life is only for borrowers and spenders. If you're saving and investing half your income, that's good, and I suppose you can waste the rest any way you like, but most Americans aren't saving or investing much at all.

I do fine. Can spend what I like. Retirement on track 100%. I guess that was my point though. If you're concerned about pricing, you probably shouldn't be going out for drinks, coffee, a restaurant, etc. in the first place. Those types of expenses should only happen if you've hit all your savings goals prior or are at least on track to hit them. I understand everyone can't just not worry about the prices of stuff, but if you are worried, there's probably another problem going on and like you said it's probably debt and stupid spending (like going out).

I get being cost conscious about buying a car, house, a mower, redoing your driveway, etc. (3, 4, 5 figure items) If you can't handle prices varying on a roughly $100 restaurant bill, you probably shouldn't be going out. At that point it's not about seeing the price of a beer. You can stay at home and get a 6 pack for the cost of 1 beer and not be worried about it anymore. Grill up a burger for $2 and drink your $6 in beer. It's not hard to live frugally and still have a blast.

curious2 says
The American medical sector overcharges people on an even larger scale.

This I agree with and is 100% true. Had my first ambulance ride to the ER recently (been to the ER before - no ambulance). $12k billed to the insurance company for 4 staples in my head after a nasty fall (was rather nasty, knocked out for 15 min and wife found me in a pool of blood). This took 2-1/2 hours. The EMT's are paid by the local gov. Supplies, gas used probably $300 and that's probably high for the EMT's. ER was staples, numbing injection, blood tests, IV bag and some head and back scan. High end, $1k for this stuff I imagine. Give the ER doc and nurses $2k for my visit and I still don't see this being more than a $3-4k cost. Throw in profit and $6k would be completely reasonable. Yet it's $12k.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 12, 2:55pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

marcus says
I found that really annoying in a restaurant once or twice that I've seen, many years ago. I thought that had actually gone out of vogue. Either that or it has been too far out of my price range in recent decades for me to run in to it.

They're basically telling you to assume the price is pretty much as high as you can possibly imagine. "our ambiance and customers are so cool that we deserve the extra 50% or whatever. We only want customers who think price is irrelevant."

Fuck that.

I run into it almost 90% of the time when it comes to drinks at a non-chain restaurant (no prices). At least in my area in IL. No prices for the booze. I don't even think twice about it though. Never really thought of it as an issue. This has to be some sort of regional thing now that I'm recognizing some of the users that take issue with it (this is not a knock, just an observation).

I go out expecting $5/beer domestic and $7-8/beer craft/import. If it's less, great. It's almost never higher unless at a concert to in some corporate or downtown uppity type bar/restaurant. Don't do wine or mixed drinks, but asked my wife and she says the same with her beverage of preference. Pricing is always kind of "known" even if it's not on the menu.

Food items is a different story. Don't think I've ever been to place that didn't have the pricing on a food item. Drinks though, very common here not to list price. Especially beer.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 12, 6:43pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Never got comics myself. Seemed pretty lame. That said, he seemed like a nice guy that created something that people liked a lot. RIP.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 12, 8:03pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

just_dregalicious says
It's been years since I've read that content though so maybe it's changed?

No. No it hasn't. You're better off studying Guam politics in an effort to harness where the future of American is going.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 12, 8:35pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

ThreeBays says
You guys still don't have nothing on AF's ignore count.

He's the champ there for sure. #winning
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 13, 6:52am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says
WookieMan says
This only seems to be an issue with Malcolm.

@WookieMan sorry, I misspoke. Malcolm does have you on ignore.

If he did, fine by me. I just don't recall having any conflict with him ever. I suppose I can sometime come across as an asshole. Oh well, I didn't mind his content most the time.

dr6B says
Wokieman has ignore(0) next to his username, which I assume means that 0 persons ignore him.

This is where I'm still confused as well. Hence bringing it up in the first place as I really don't care if people want to ignore me. Thought it might be a glitch.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 13, 7:18am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Well, didn't figure it to go the way it did. But I guess that's why I'm not a billionaire I suppose. I'll have to work on that more I guess.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 14, 4:50am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Tim Aurora says
In essence Democrats lost only 1 seat ( as they picked up Alabama ) and it will be 53 - 47 ( assuming Republicans win Florida and Mississippi)

And? The Democrats have control of the house. Republicans keep the senate, with a majority that would require all Dems unite and 4 R's to flip their vote to get anything that gets the Democrat party base excited and happy (and the POTUS still needs to sign). Maybe there will be some crossing of the isle and working together, but these toddlers generally don't play nice in the sandbox.

If nothing gets done over the next two years, I'm not sure who's going to take the brunt of the voter's wrath. If the economy keeps going well into 2020, I don't see how Dems don't get spanked in that election. You can't keep saying it's Obama's economy in 2019 & 2020 anymore going into that election.

I think the biggest thing to watch near term is as the dust settles after the 2019 tax filing season (2018 tax year) giving us preliminary results on the tax cuts. If tax revenue falls precipitously and people don't get as big a tax return as they thought or have in the past, it's going to leave a bad taste in a lot of voters mouths. I'm talking red states here mainly. The high SALT states are generally all blue and many will likely get a smaller tax return or if they withhold the correct amount, may owe in 2019. They were going to stay blue anyway though.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 19, 1:26pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Tenpoundbass says
Mental note made, I'll never shop at retail spaces owned by the Mall of America or Simon Property Group.

Who still goes to a mall anyway? Unless you absolutely "need" something today, there's zero reason to ever go to a mall anymore.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 19, 3:05pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Evan F. says
You'd think that'd be the conventional wisdom (and I agree, I hate going to malls) but so, so many people still think a good time means going to malls and fighting crowds in the pursuit of a 'good deal' or 'finding the right item' or whatever.

Lol, I hate people. Airport is about the only place you'll see me in a crowded spot and that's usually to travel to a place with less people and warm weather. I also don't get the mentality that you'll get a good deal at a mall when they're paying property taxes, insurance and leases before even selling a product on the shelf. My mind still gets blown every time I go into a friends house (family of 4) and they make 3,000 square feet look like it's not enough space for one person.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 20, 6:01am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

BayArea says
Sham of the century

Maybe ever? You know something is BS when people can't even explain what it is and they're "invested" in it. lol.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Nov 20, 8:10pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

+1 for prime rib. Smoked turkey is solid though with a good and fresh bird. Although smoke prime rib probably wins the day above all.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 5, 11:31am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

MrMagic says
WookieMan says
$3 to $6 in a months time. Heck less then that. Glad I didn't eject.....

And back down again...

Haven't lost a dime on anything I've put into a few of the cannabis tickers. Have done rather well. Glad you're selectively quoting things as usual. On one play alone I sold my original investment and let the rest ride. I'm still up significantly, since I sold over half my shares when it was up 80%. I literally cannot lose money on any cannabis stocks if they all went to zero.

How did your picks do? Crickets.....
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 5, 12:07pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Strategist says
socal2 says
I heard the brakes last forever since most people use the regeneration to slow the car down.

They do. The 2011 Prius that my son now uses, had it's first brake job at 115,000 miles.
The benefits of hybrids and e-cars is stunning. The lack of information people have on them is shocking.

What do you all pay for brakes out there in CA? 180k miles on a Versa with 2 brake jobs on a 2009 for $600-700 total. I agree electric cars are the future, but saying brake jobs are a significant difference is not helping the argument. You're maybe talking $300 over a decade. That's less than a dime a day. I'd guess most people could find a dime on the ground daily, but it's probably not worth the time and probably not worth pointing out the difference between gas and EV.

I assume in CA or NY or heavily populated East Coast states, the charging network is more robust (but not comparable to gas). Not so much in the midwest. You can also pull into a gas station anywhere without even thinking about it with a gasser, but with a straight EV you have to account for charging stations if you're doing any above average driving. And that's why I won't touch it yet. Need 400 miles a charge roughly and don't want to have to pull out my phone to find a place to get "fuel" which doesn't exist in the gas world. And "fuel" up in 5 minutes or less for 400 miles. Until that happens, widespread adaptation is going to be difficult for awhile. Mind you, it will happen, not saying that it won't. Need more straight EV manufacturers to challenge the market. Tesla is fine, but need more to create legit competition.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 5, 12:14pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Probably going to show my ass here and come across as hypocritical since I've probably bitched about something here, but why do we keep getting these threads? It's the god damn internet! Everyone is free to make their own site like this. Really not that hard if you're a functioning adult with even three quarters of a brain. Hell Patrick has offered the keys to start a site.

I generally like it here. When I don't anymore, I'll go somewhere else. It's life. Fuck, I don't know what my 2nd grade best friends name even is anymore yet we were friends at that time. If you're 40 now, you likely won't remember Patrick.net when you're 80 (that's not a diss Patrick, just reality). Unknot the undies my fellow Patriots.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 5, 12:26pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

socal2 says
If I had to rely on outside charging networks or needed a car for long road trips, I wouldn't be getting one right now. I just need a commuter for my daily 50 mile roundtrip and tooling around my town on the weekends and can charge it in my garage at night. I can also hook up a charger at the office if I need it.

I hear ya. It's tough to break the people that "want" a car, yet use public transportation to get to work. Naperville, IL (which I think most have heard of) you can take the train and the small penis dude is still going to want his Ford 150 to haul three 2x4's a year that he doesn't even know how to cut for his gay cat's litter box.

I'm 100% onboard for EV's. Cool with early adaptors. I just think we're literally looking at a recreation of the auto industry like it's creation in the 1900's. It's going to take awhile. My target is 400 miles a charge with 5 minute charging anywhere in the country without thinking about it (except in the mountain west) and you got me buying. Towing is also big for me, but we have one "big" vehicle and one sedan, so we could at least get one EV eventually. It will take time.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 5, 12:35pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Weird one. I don't sail, but fell into this channel, Sail SV Delos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvLc83k5o11EIF1lEo0VmuQ

Cool intro song. If you go to the channel, Jesus drones and some cameras can make some great footage for unexperienced people.

WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 5, 9:32pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

WookieMan says
How did your picks do? Crickets.....
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 5, 9:40pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says
the one thing that really messes with that is personal flaming.

Going to just start deleting any comment or post which personally attacks another user, the moderators, or the site. Makes me happy to delete that stuff.

Stop being a dick Patrick #endsarcasm

I actually think everyone here would be civil enough on most topics. Politics being the exception. Unfortunately politics is up the butt every day, everywhere. Not sure if this will be playable within the site, but Chicago politics are at least gayer than ever: https://soundcloud.com/89-wls/ald-tom-tunney-will-be-up-your
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 7, 1:35pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

In the last photo of the OP, has tech not come far enough with wireless mic technology? For fucks sake, looks like she's got a shoebox under the back of her shirt/dress.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 7, 2:09pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Got any links to some of the stuff you were looking at? Trying to get a better picture of what you're trying to get. Way too many variables with the price range given. I'm a speaker guy and tend to notice that more and that's where I'd tend to sink the bigger chunk of $$$$$ into. Amps matter, but to me it's just clean power that matters as my ears need more volume from being a drummer and not wearing plugs for a decade (I know, dumb). Give me speakers that can handle the power, sound good, undistorted and I have a hard time discerning the difference in amps or any other shit you swap in and out.

Good topic by the way. Keep it up ;)
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 9, 9:51am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Tenpoundbass says
Behringer is shit.

Yes and no. When it comes to an equalizer the job is pretty simple for the average user. Most the shit in all brands is coming from China anyway so it's more of a manufacturing issue if there's a problem with the equipment and how they're putting it together. I've recently been tracking 12 or so channels of drums on Behringer (UMC1820 w/ ADA 8200) and it's clean as can be. I've recorded two albums in the past and my tracks are as clean if not cleaner than a $1k/hr studio comparing the raw audio. I obviously don't have studio quality rack equipment, compressors, etc, but I'm getting great sound from Behringer.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 9, 12:12pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Tenpoundbass says
Like Mackie Speakers and Mackie Mixers against Behringer you'll really see the difference.

Agreed, there for sure is a difference in long term quality. I do feel Behringer has gotten better though over the last few years though. Depends your need/use for the equipment. I've had luck, some haven't which isn't good for a brand, but I'll take my luck and the sound for 1/2 the price if not cheaper.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 10, 9:44am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I hate this type of shit. My sister was a county prosecutor here and we have no refusal breathalyzer stops. I don't condone drunk driving at all, but it's a cover for finding all sorts of other shit. It's literally a revenue generator. She said this herself. She moved on to another job, but if the revenue is there, it's a whole hell of a lot easier to ask/get a raise do this type of shit.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 10, 9:46am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

TL;DR Most Americans know dick about sports. Weird topic. They also don't know about world affairs as mentioned, but it's probably better that way.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 10, 11:57am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Tenpoundbass says
I like real ones.

Any size any shape just has to be real.
Fake ones feel like two grapefruits between me and the girl.

Truth.

Gravity also exists. You might want to bang hoes (fine by me) and keep them young and perky. But for the fellows that marry, gravity will have a say in the matter whether fake or even real. None of these photos look great at 55 most likely, at least without more work being done.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 12, 11:30am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

HEYYOU says
FortWayneIndiana says
u r now trolling patrick.

is your life really that boring that you want to troll the forum creator?

If Patrick doesn't like it,he can leave.;-)

Valid point. Never actually thought of that (I have, just not really if that makes sense). He could just shut it down anytime and go about his life. I can't tell if we're all dumber for being here or if some of the weirdos here get something out of the posts and comments. I've learned I don't want to live the Bay Area, that's for sure. You CA guys are fucking weird. Us wholesome midwestern types are what you should strive to be. Not that IL is that great, but it has a place in my small intestines.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 13, 6:14am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

@Patrick - I still think my idea on banning climate change posts is a good idea. We're not going to start on fire or freeze to death in our lifetime. Tech is getting better and we seem to be getting more efficient and less polluting. Until people face the reality that MORE people is ultimately the problem, there's not a solution to all these posts. Give your keyboards a rest on this shit. There's only one solution and no one wants to take that route (there are many actually, but all involve death and people not increasing population). Enjoy life. Stop bitching about an unsolvable problem.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 13, 6:28am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Onvacation says
WookieMan says

Why are you against free speech?

Lol, I'm not. I'm against insanity and arguing the same thing over and over. You're free to do what you want, it just looks stupid frankly.

Onvacation says
That's not what Guy and other alarmists say.

I don't know or care who that is. Could be the most educated, smartest person on the planet, but it doesn't matter what they say. People matter, specifically the numbers of them.

Onvacation says
Said Malthus 200 years ago

I figured that would get brought up. My point isn't a food or space argument. Climate change is essentially about CO2, pollution, etc. Anyone want to argue adding more people will create LESS CO2 or pollution? That is my point. Climate change or global warming conversations are dead on arrival, so why waste the time on either side?
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 13, 7:50am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Patrick says
WookieMan says
I still think my idea on banning climate change posts is a good idea.

I agree that it's basically a waste of time to debate global warming, but don't want to restrict any topic, especially after making the tagline of the site "Discuss Anything".

I could create regular expression filters so that each user could filter out comments with strings that match. Seem worth doing?

I was mostly being sarcastic. I can obviously just avoid the posts, I'm an adult after all. Love you all here, but shit, no one has changed anyone's mind on this topic and you're not going to. All the while there is a solution staring everyone in the face. I guess some people just like to argue over nothing.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2018 Dec 16, 6:23am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

clambo says
Headset, I think those days are past. I have met a couple of Cuban girls who don't go to church as far as I know.

lol. Patnet. The place where a Victoria Secret model jump roping in front of fast food joint turns into Cuban women’s church attendance. Being serious, these are the types of posts that keep me coming back.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2019 Jan 9, 12:10pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Rin says
Makes complete sense, I only need that car for when I'm not being driven around and thus, makes me look middle class to the rest of the world.

I've never understood the car thing myself. Even if you drive a ton. A to B is the purpose. Doing it in a $25k car or a $75k car doesn't make a difference in the task at hand. Paying more for a fancy car has always seemed like a small dick phenomenon to me or you're wearing an insecurity suit.

I do get trucks for work and what not if you're hauling shit, but even then, get the cheapest one if you're "actually" working since you're going to beat it up. I hate seeing little dudes driving massive, decked out pickup trucks to an office complex. It's like, dude, insecure much? Could be a midlife crisis I suppose.

I also like the middle class thought you had. You drive a fancy car, sure, you might get some positive attention. People are judgmental though, and you'll probably get treated lesser in my opinion, at least by service industry types. They resent you for having a nice car. Better off laying low when wealthy or getting some silly muscle car (Mustang, Camero, etc.) as that's affordable for the most part to average Joe. But it still makes you look like you just got out of a cold swimming pool...
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2019 Jan 9, 2:29pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Can't we just fucking annex Mexico? Or take it over? Then build a substantially cheaper border wall with Guatemala. I like the Belize portion, so they're free to roam. At some point, unmanned drones will be able to easily lift 300lbs at what could be considered an affordable price for consumers, cartels, etc.

I know tunnels get a lot of attention, but if you can be a mile inside Mexico and lift an object (Mexican) one mile into the USA, a wall is obsolete or will be in the near future. Even if the drone is $100k, that's a whole lot easier than building a tunnel.

I don't mind Trump's attention to illegal immigration, just not certain he's going about it in the right way. I also am flying in a week and a half and if the TSA is fucked up because they're not getting paid, I'll be pretty pissed. Vacation, not work, so time is valuable.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2019 Jan 9, 3:22pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

SunnyvaleCA says
I waited until it was raining one morning and arrived at that DMV a 6:30 AM; after waiting 1/2 an hour in the cold rain outside, I was one of the first in and was done by 7:30!

Government serves a purpose, but the fucking DMV in any state is a shit show for the most part. The fact you're bragging about it taking an hour and sitting in the rain? If you spent 15 minutes in a checkout line at Target or Walmart every time, they'd be out of business. Not knocking you, just the fact a high income earner out there is paying 13% state income taxes alone on the top end and it sounds like the DMV is a shit show. Where does the money go? Which I think is what you're getting at.

I'm in somewhat rural IL and am probably one of the first people on the internet to say this, but my DMV location is boss. No appointment setting or anything. Usually in and out in 10-15 minutes, unless it would be a physical driving test for a teen or another class license. I still don't get with all the tech we have, that you need even visit a DMV. This will be the only credit I give to IL, but I do think they've gotten better with why you "need" to actually visit a DMV and the process is smooth (by me).

Regarding the ID thing though. You should have your passport regardless. My 5 and 8 year old have them. No excuse for an adult not to have one. Privacy is a thing of the past Fight where you can against it (not having privacy), but realize by 2100 you'll probably need to insert your wang into a tube as a form of fingerprint instead of a body scanner.

So get your Global Entry (international) or TSA pre if you don't travel internationally. Makes life mucho, mucho easier at the airport.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2019 Jan 9, 3:51pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

HeadSet says
Annex Canada instead.

Canada is the USA's bitch and they know it. It's frankly another territory of ours with less control on our end, but they know their place.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2019 Jan 9, 4:03pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

CBOEtrader says
At 1 bang/week and 10 years of marriage

This has come up for myself recently. Is really only 1 bang a week normal or is that just a number you threw out there for your comment?

Unscientific patnet poll if anyone wants to participate. I'm sure we'll get some honesty, lol, but what do you "actually" get a week. Married, girlfriend or dating scene. I'd be interested to hear from the pat netter's that I know are married or at least have said as much in their comments.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2019 Jan 9, 8:31pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

REpro says
For my vacation/travel I use a passport most of the time, anyway.

This. Even domestically I'll generally have a passport, drivers license and FOID card. Never have had to use the FOID card as ID, but I do believe it would work, at least an IL one. Also have a global entry card. I hate airports, but much rather fly than drive, even if it potentially takes longer to fly. Wife and I fly to St. Louis frequently. Even with no checked baggage the flight (drive to airport, parking, getting out of destination airport) ends up being a similar time as driving but I'll take flying 10 out of 10 times. That drive is so boring and monotonous if you know it.

I'm no longer 19 and going on my first road trip. Let someone else do the driving (flying) so to speak.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2019 Feb 11, 6:59pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

MisterLearnToCode says
Prove me wrong.

Meh? Taylor needs to eat a meal and get a tan. If this Candice gal is truly hot, this photo ain’t doing it.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2019 Feb 12, 2:39pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

Rin says
I don't get it.

She's a boring freshman Congresswoman, who's acting like Barney Frank's niece, but hasn't been caught dating a gay gigolo (lesbo in her case) yet.

I think it's because she's an idiot, but attractive to some (I'm not in that boat). 535 members of congress. She's one of them. 325,000,000 people in this country and she's one of the 535 to represent us all? People are attracted to her physically, but also attracted to the fact she's an absolute moron. So she gets a lot of attention. Trump may be smarter book wise, but the Dems it may seem have figured out the new "game" so to speak.

A nice shiny politician might not work anymore.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2019 Feb 20, 10:06am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

MrMagic says
What about the guys who go searching for Sugar Mama's or rich cougars?

You know, guys like John Kerry.

No fan of John Kerry here, but is this sarcasm? Dude was well off before he got with the Ketchup broad. A rags to riches, man marrying a Sugar Mama is generally unheard of. Or at least it lasting long term. Patrick's point is spot on except for the occasional unicorn relationship.

The Kerry example is true on paper, but the man in this case was still doing much better than 99% of other people prior to putting his hot dog in Ketchup.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2019 Feb 20, 3:31pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

I totally understand the tipping hazard of certain items. I have a few things screwed to the wall myself. That said, be a fucking parent and don't let your kid climb shit. This isn't a knock on anyone here. But I'd guess 9 out of 10 times it's likely the parent just letting their kid do shit and not watching them though. Securing stuff helps, but those types of kids are likely going to get into something else at some point that's going to fuck them up. Watch them.

The smartphone is a marvelous device. That said, it's awful at the same time. Too many parents are buried in them and let their kids just go ape shit and don't watch them. I've been MIA here lately due to travel and have seen parents that are in full retard mode on their phones and the kids running around breaking shit on planes, airports, resorts, etc. Parents.... watch your god damn kids. I'm at a "tipping" point (pun intended) and am getting ready to smack other people's kids.
  WookieMan   ignore (0)   2019 Feb 20, 3:58pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote   flag

d6rB - I wish you luck, but Boomers are never wrong (sorry if you are one). You're fighting a losing battle, well, just because. Logic doesn't matter with them. The blame game is strong with the boomers because, well... https://www.fool.com/retirement/2016/12/17/baby-boomers-average-savings-for-retirement.aspx

They underpaid into a system that they CONTROLLED for the last 30 years. Who cares when it was created. And now they'll bitch about younger people not making up the difference because of something they could have fixed. If they had also paid into their savings more, then maybe they wouldn't be working until they're 100 and not allowing the younger generations to grab the jobs the boomers should have retired from by now. They're not lazy, just simple idiots and didn't save.

I'd love to be alive 500 years from now, because I think they'll go down as the generation that brought the mighty U.S.A down.