forgot password register

reset password

#housing #investing #politics #random more»
771,419 comments by 11,157 registered users, 4 online now: APOCALYPSEFUCK_is_ADORABLE, joeyjojojunior, me123, somecrappynumber
new post

jazz_music's comments

« First    « Previous     Comments 4128 - 4167 of 4,196     Next »     Last »

jazz_music   2017 Oct 5, 2:59pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
It makes a big difference in your world whether or not minorities are allowed to vote unmolested.

If you are white, black lives still matter, that is the point. That point is a strong one that gets muddied by saying Tom Dick and Harry lives matter, and worst yet when you say police lives matter. Don't you know that the police are not there to correct injustices and help people? Police are there to protect the stores, landlords, the rich and most of all each other so they can get a nice life with deluxe retirements. You are there to be bled by them so the rich don't have to pay for their own protection.

They bleed the poor most of all because that way they always win.
jazz_music   2017 Oct 5, 3:02pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
And don't be the dipshit who answers this by changing the subject to me.
jazz_music   2017 Oct 5, 6:17pm   ↑ like (1)   ↑ dislike (1)     quote
People can tell when they are the ones that are being used mercilessly to fund this overgrown and corrupt system, that's a big part of their unification.

They all have good reason to fight. Legal or not it is going to happen any time there is no justice there will be no peace. It is now and it always has been.

Now you don't like it, but you really won't like it when all this injustice affects you and your family in one way or the other and the police are not going to save you. Kissing ass won't help. Trump is not going to save you. Doubling down on this soulless con artist is not going to help either.

Ok they did this they did that. You would have a hard time getting by without money too. This is a dangerous situation period.

Stuffing the prisons with minorities and pot smokers is a mistake. It increases the economy and makes a great investment, but this is an investment in human trafficking. This is dirty filthy money that capitalists are mercilessly extracting as they always do because no one is insisting that they stop. We have the leading prison industry on the planet, we are crazy for doing that. This situation is insane. Being white and STEM employed is not your ticket to "I'm too sexy" status.

Are you beginning to see why black lives matter to you? We need as many people as possible contributing to this economy, and that means blowing money too, not just on penalties, and being socially active insisting on more participation in the growing pie insead of always less and less. This is a good point that needs to retain the integrity of the idea into people's minds and hearts. This is a bad time to be divisive. It will cost you and probably all of us who aren't the leading capitalists.
jazz_music   2017 Oct 5, 6:39pm   ↑ like (1)   ↑ dislike (1)     quote
Studebaker had engineering integrity that the other brands did not have. Designed to last too, which is anti-capitalistic. Capitalism dictates the optimized return that come from designed obsolescence andshortened life.

Superior doesn't make it. Finally the height of the Studebaker history was the Avanti in 1964. I remember peddling my bike up to see the showroom cars when they came out with my friend and they have the floodlights shining up to the night sky.

jazz_music   2017 Oct 6, 9:41am   ↑ like (1)   ↑ dislike (1)     quote
anonymous says
In many ways the decline in a very American pastime (smoking) in the last 30 years is remarkable.

In my mind its not that big a mystery about the decline of tobacco. There has been a lot of social pressure against both tobacco and alcohol use by health advocates and legal means probably as a result of several law suits, probably class actions. --intensifying Surgeon General warnings and increased taxation too.

One major difference is in our media. I watch B&W episodes from time to time and the way they intertwine tobacco and alcohol use into every single fucking scene is ludicrous by today's standards. There were the TV shows that dictate to all us 1950's and 1960's Americans how to be normal and even fashionably up to date, along with magazines and the likes of Doris Day and Rock Hudson movies.
jazz_music   2017 Oct 6, 9:43am   ↑ like (1)   ↑ dislike (1)     quote
@BayAreaObserver once again you scored a big hit with the trolls giving you serial dislikes. LOL LOL
jazz_music   2017 Oct 6, 10:12am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
Sex with minors is great. MAGA!
jazz_music   2017 Oct 6, 10:41am   ↑ like (1)   ↑ dislike (1)     quote
BayAreaObserver says
How to Be a Perfect Christian: Your Comprehensive Guide to Flawless Spiritual Living.

Very naughty of you.

Is this first version the Roman Catholic version?
jazz_music   2017 Oct 6, 11:09am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
MAGA: UNRAVEL THE CONFLICTS OF INTEREST and achieve real justice and rational basis for a more peaceful American population.

Left to their own devices, enforcement passes laws granting them ever greater discretion to wreak violence on the population in the name of forcing better compliance the law: currently examples include warrantless forcible entry, civil confiscation, policies that practically indemnify officers that kill, injure and wreak destruction based on anonymous tips. (which can be the officers themselves on a grudge) Policies that protect officers from drug testing, questioning by a prosecutor, relieve them of admitting to exculpatory evidence pertaining to the accused.

Public policies are especially convenient to policing and enforcement by the fact that many of local government offices are staffed by either ex-officio officers or landlords. (landlords and store owners have a specially beneficial use for enforcement and a vested interest in getting those needs at taxpayer's expense as well as creating penalties that fund the bulk of enforcement)

AS IT STANDS, EXPECT THAT SADISM AND OTHER UNSAVORY UNPROSECUTABLE CRIMINAL BEHAVIORS ARE CAUSED BY THE JOB OF ENFORCEMENT.

CIVIL OVERSIGHT WITH REAL AUTHORITY is the way to avoid proven structural flaws of the unbridled authority and the discretion to act irresponsibly, on the part of enforcement.

Cutting through all the scholastic writing tones found below, you can see that policing as we now have it structured places an unbearable burden on the officer to behave in an unaffected way to the expectations of his role. (not just the stress of the job as many of you would think)

Stanford Prison Experiment 1971 and BBC Prison Study in 2002. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment The experiment's results favor situational attribution of behavior over dispositional attribution (a result caused by internal characteristics). It seemed that the situation, rather than their individual personalities, caused the participants' behavior.

The Milgram experiment on obedience to authority figures at Yale beginning in 1961 pursued similar behavior effects.
jazz_music   2017 Oct 6, 11:17am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
CBOEtrader says
MOST LIKELY another example of far left terrorism

You're right! And this incident could have been provoked by multiple threats of civil war from right wing commenters in retaliation for efforts to impeach and investigate Trump.

This definitely might be the first battle, a preemptive strike measure to combat the right wing.
jazz_music   2017 Oct 6, 11:20am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
iwog says
irresponsible media companies were too stupid to check when they published their stories.

and/or too hungry for red meat to throw up onto the screens.
jazz_music   2017 Oct 6, 12:30pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
This is JUST one of the right wing who threatened civil war on the left if they keep trying to impeach and investigate.

The right has sure gotten more sensitive, is all their snowflake and buttercup name calling their projecting?

Or is it just more poo-flinging?

jazz_music   2017 Oct 6, 1:00pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
iwog says
What does "Well known" mean to you?

It means my tribesmen here will troll to defend my assertion. --Why do you special snowflakes hate America so much?
jazz_music   2017 Oct 6, 1:17pm   ↑ like (1)   ↑ dislike (1)     quote
If you have no real wealth you will pay top dollar for everything you can get, you will blow all your money, your money fly through your fingers fast as possible, if you can afford a place to live you can temp from there as long as our shareholders can decide which minutes of your day count towards getting paid.

You can still work and there are plenty of customers all over the world to buy whatever it is we are hawking. In as many cases as possible we will get legislation that requires that you buy our product or whatever. Our officers will keep track and let you know how you are doing with that.

This is efficient, dammit! MAGA!

jazz_music   2017 Oct 7, 12:02am   ↑ like (2)   ↑ dislike (2)     quote
Dan8267 says
the biggest idiots always think they are the greatest geniuses

every stupid person thinks they are the only ones who have a brain.
jazz_music   2017 Oct 8, 1:00pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
CBOEtrader says
Lol, yet again, Dan is projecting. This is fun to watch

It is bitter.
jazz_music   2017 Oct 8, 1:03pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
BayAreaObserver says
Portugal has always been on my radar as well as numerous locations in Asia

@BayAreaObserver:
Can you receive social security and live OCONUS?

What do you do when you need medical attention in Portugal?
jazz_music   2017 Oct 8, 6:27pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
@BayAreaObserver thank you for your kind reply. My wife discussed this and mentioned that she thinks you can't do it unless you come back periodically (period of months) to an American address which to me would be an undesirable situation.

I would appreciate your email addy. I might send something since I enjoy reading your comments and posts.

TPB is and has been on my ignore list, I burned out on his miserable carping long ago as Captain Shaddup
jazz_music   2017 Oct 9, 3:51pm   ↑ like (7)   ↑ dislike (7)     quote
I feel disinterested because I know that the authorities are not going to reveal what they know unless and until they can all agree that it has been properly sanitized with respect to political effects and possibilities for agitation of certain factions.

The value, the tenet, of a well-informed public has fallen to the the needs of authoritarian rulership on behalf of monied interests and keeping social order above all else.

Those are the principles that pay. Those are the ideals that yield the bonuses, the promotions, the cushy assignments and the re-elections.

Unless we all show up with pitchforks and torches yelling for something, we are basically set up to get as dismissed as we can possibly be.

Call me paranoid.
jazz_music   2017 Oct 9, 3:57pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
anonymous says
Hopefully, people will see just how evil Alt Right is

If you're going to gleen that you'll really have to read between the lines because from what I've read they got alternate facts all lined up to answer each and every question.

If the reader is at all impressionable, they got you.

Ever seen Kellyanne Conway's interview on the subject of Trump's humility? Wow! She lies with a serenity and warmth that transcends.
jazz_music   2017 Oct 9, 4:08pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
Trump is a big circus distraction for the reporters and all of us to obsess about while the billionaires on his staff run around as low profile as possible setting up as draconian of a tax-free hegemony, an extraction economy and an entrenched authoritarian rule as possible.

EVERYTHING these freaks strive to do undermines the power and the happiness of working Americans. THEY KNOW THAT, DUHHHH. Doesn't mean they don't think they can't get away with it. These are the people that are the most entitled to get their selfish way who have ever lived and common people are going to put REAL pressure on them to stop them or even slow them down.

So far, I'd say we are doing fair in terms of effort.

Our horizons are nothing like they were in the 1960's even now but this is a frog test and the people are too overworked and off balance to react to the ever increasing heat. Some are landed with investments that are flying high, lucky enough that they can claim the ever increasing heat doesn't even exist, but even they know better, they simply don't have any integrity.
jazz_music   2017 Oct 10, 11:04am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
No comments? Geeze ... Some are imagining multitudes suffering in the near future but the truth is multitudes are suffering now!

A characteristic of our economic system is that it makes financial victims of economic crashes vanish! But you don't have to imagine a future for victims when you could see them around you.

The opulence of these times has blessed the fortunate and ignored everyone else.

With each bust and boom cycle of American capitalism’s ungoverned speculative growth, victims are created along with a fortunate few who do make big bank in the boom time. As our environmental catastrophe develops and shortages of raw materials manifest each boom and bust cycle will create ever more victims and ever fewer successes, the diminishing returns of this extraction economy. Misery will flourish until we are in one long bust and only have a very small percentage of owners, perhaps like Trump who prosper.

That is the way it will be unless we change things. You can be a sociopath and be all right with things as they are. If you are, you can ignore the tent city armies that march around our cities looking for work. ignorance is bliss. --Or you can want something better.
jazz_music   2017 Oct 10, 11:13am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
The infestation of money has led to a place I don’t recognize anymore with cookie-cutter people and everything out of sight for the middle class.

All this has an expiration date, though since most of the ‘wealth’ is dressed up accounting fraud.

And what does GOP want to do about it? They want to cut taxes and throw trillions more dollars into the hands of people whose trillions already circle the globe. Meanwhile the infrastructure of our once mighty nation falls deeper into disrepair.

The only valid solution is to RAISE taxes, especially on the very rich, and put that money to work on those water tunnels, subways, roads, bridges, sewer systems, electrical grids and all the other trappings of a civilized world. Sadly, that’s not going to happen with this clown car of politicians in DC and most state houses. But they’ll line up and wave the flag as they take birth control away from women and issue blood curdling screams that a tranny person might use a restroom.

As a nation we’ve lost our fucking minds.
jazz_music   2017 Oct 10, 11:30am   ↑ like (1)   ↑ dislike (1)     quote
errc says
Yup just like Cannabis/Hemp Prohibition. The most UnAmerican of all the injustices that the Christian Church has used the USFEDGOV to terrorize the populace, and for what?

Initially to satisfy women suffrage's activists ambitions to legislate against sinfulness. There was much publicity about men getting high, brutalizing and murdering the women and children at home. Before prohibition, many of today's biggest pharma companies were making mega-bank selling mail order opioids to the rural masses.

Since the early days Nixon conceived the drug war ploy to suppress the political gains made by blacks and the hippies who spread anti-war culture and spoiled the capitalist's war gravy train. Also with young people dropping out of the rat race to listen to music, get high, and fuck made a real dent in the productivity of society.

Around 1970, the establishment decided that emphasis on cultural renaissance was intolerable. I remember reading about summits where all these issues were discussed and decided.

Old middle class whites, who all vote, were such suckers for the legislations against sin and these phony-assed law-and-order candidates that they established a police state and made a lucrative racket out of the pursuit of justice and a supposedly high moral code.
jazz_music   2017 Oct 10, 11:46am   ↑ like (1)   ↑ dislike (1)     quote
Here is how your headline should read

"MOST POLICE KILLINGS IN US NOT OFFICIALLY DOCUMENTED"
jazz_music   2017 Oct 10, 11:49am   ↑ like (1)   ↑ dislike (1)     quote
iwog says
I don't want 7 billion people thinking that I come from a nation of morons.

Hmm, but you do.
jazz_music   2017 Oct 10, 12:21pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
You can click on where it says the time it was posted and edit the post.
jazz_music   2017 Oct 10, 1:10pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote

Nice sounding performance!

I always liked the groove and the chorus of voices to this song. I never knew what they were singing.

Listen, my friends
Listen, my friends
Listen, my friends
Listen, my friends
Listen, my friends
Listen, my friends
Listen, my friends, you thought never but
Listen, my friends, I'm yours forever
Listen, my friends, won't leave you ever
Now my friends
What's gone down behind
No more rain
From where we came
Listen my love, get under the covers, yeah
Squeeze me real tight, all of your lovin'
Into the light, beneath and above ya
So out of sight, bein' in love!

It turns out that it is about what I figured it always was.
jazz_music   2017 Oct 10, 1:16pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
Super nice percussions and harmony from 1969 Bay Area.

This should be considered classic rockbut nooOOOoooo
jazz_music   2017 Oct 10, 4:23pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
Waveform Analysis Suggests ...

LOL

There actually was a Stanford research study that showed tinfoil hats leave your head more exposed to rays (i.e. CIA mind-reading rays)

So the Illuminati will melt your brain if you leave your head unprotected. This could explain the shooter's motive too!!!
jazz_music   2017 Oct 11, 3:56pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
I never owned a rifle until a couple years ago. I shot other people's rifles, better than mine too. I always had an ACP or two for home protection and fun plinking on rare occasion. Probably a 38 revolver would have been a more optimal choice. --so simple! My brother always had more guns and I would sometimes tag along with him.

I got a really cheap AR-15 new at a gun show from a dealer who assembles parts and sells. Extra magazines, padded stock, lanyard for carrying hands-free, iron sites and red dot site. I nice canvas bag to hold most of the stuff and a cleaning kit. I returned the high-powered scope I bought because someone convinced me that my barrel is not that good so it makes no sense.

It seems like a lot of crap but it was very cost effective. I could even go and buy a better barrel for it if the standard one proves to be too bad. I think AR-15's are cool: All this modular design makes it versatile, easy to clean, lubricate and upgrade. As a toy I have thought of getting the bump-stock but I don't really care to have such a "bullet-wasting testosterone demonstration unit." --bang bang wahoo, fuck all that, there's more important things to do.

Only problem is I just assembled, cleaned and lubricated the whole thing and there it sits. Never been shot. I just don't care about guns that much to go out and bang bang wahoo! --I realize that I should get acquainted with the weapon anyways and make adjustments, and then clean and lube again.

If we lose civil society after the next black swan event or tax cut, I am more or less all set to ward off home invaders, maybe shoot animals for dinner, but I would have to learn how to strip down a carcass, I know my wife isn't going to touch that kind of work, so I better go get a better hunting knife too just in case. --more crap I don't really want.

A neighbor came into my place looking for his girlfriend, then kneeled down and shot himself in the head with a 357 magnum revolver in front of everybody one time 35 years ago.

Just sayin'

Yeah, fear of restrictive laws influenced my decision to buy the AR-15.

Fear fear fear, welcome to America!
jazz_music   2017 Oct 11, 8:24pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
Patrick says
But when you are at work, you should just work like you are being paid to.

Except that these guys are all celebrities and that is different. They are even given special harsh drug offense, etc. sentences to serve as example to the children because of their "special" status and now it is cutting the other way.

Uh oh, never supposed to get any blowback.
jazz_music   2017 Oct 12, 10:00am   ↑ like (1)   ↑ dislike (1)     quote
It's entertainment. --distraction

People like to stay distracted from the economy running away from their participation. People should not have time to think that their taxes are being used against them to convert a once more participatory economy into a more extractive form wherein they don't have to be able to afford anything really and the economy can do great, stocks can go up, fortunes can be made, albeit for fewer and fewer with each cycle of bust and boom.

After all who would even think about our 16 years long participation in war in Afghanistan? --that's background noise, reportedly trillions have been spent there but all those soldiers have jobs and all the military contractors stocks kept going up and up and up.

Sports entertainment fosters hyper-competitive and hyper-violent values while serving the forces of oppression that have thrived in our country. Is that divisive?
Yes it is. Celebrate survival of the fittest. Watch as they bash their heads in and become non-viable human garbage with a southern drawl. --is that what we are all supposed to live up to?

jazz_music   2017 Oct 12, 11:34am   ↑ like (1)   ↑ dislike (1)     quote
KimJongUn says
his shack

his shack in Reseda LOL
jazz_music   2017 Oct 12, 11:49am   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
iwog says
Where American society has gone LEFT however is

This portion might be meant to convey something other than the words you chose here.
jazz_music   2017 Oct 12, 12:44pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
NoYes says
70% of players have criminal records but are still glorified

Ok what is your basis for saying that? --the very first thing too, it's your main assertion here.
jazz_music   2017 Oct 12, 12:47pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
NoYes says
glorified by the left

By this you mean the left wing voters are open to the message about police taking of American lives and the cover ups?

When you deny the subject and spin back to the athlete you count that as glorifying the athlete right?

NoYes says
even after disrespecting our Flag

What exactly happened to offend this inanimate object? Why does a flag even enter into the subject?
jazz_music   2017 Oct 12, 12:52pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
Piss of the management and they have infinite number of ways to eliminate you.

It might take a little time and teamwork, but they will make it a point to do it.

Understand that very focused efforts and processes are established in management arts to make all skilled work as commoditized as possible to avoid having any one of them gain in any type of leverage.

Such is the way it is.

How is right or wrong relevant when you consider the way things are?

Now if you had a union, or some kind of organization to your field, you might have some dignity and even rights that would be more immune to management whim.
jazz_music   2017 Oct 12, 1:29pm   ↑ like (0)   ↑ dislike (0)     quote
Dan8267 says
Such people deserve no respect.

I giving him a chance to make some sense before writing him off as a kook.
jazz_music   2017 Oct 12, 4:36pm   ↑ like (1)   ↑ dislike (1)     quote
Does it get any cooler than this live performance of the Yardbirds?

The introduction features an interlude that Jimmy Page used later in Dazed And Confused"

users   about   suggestions   source code   contact
topics   best comments   comment jail
10 reasons it's a terrible time to buy
8 groups who lie about the housing market
37 bogus arguments about housing
get a free bumper sticker:

top   bottom   home