joshuatrio's comments

« First    « Previous    Comments 1500 - 1539 of 1,539    Last »

joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 9, 5:00pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

If you don't have an emergency fund, I'd suggest starting there.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 11, 6:07am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

He's trying to stay relevant...
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 11, 7:54am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Aphroman says
The only people dumb enough to think that Cannabis Legalization is a win for Trump, are already voting Republican.

Most Republicans care less if pot is legalized. Those who want to get high will continue getting high. Those who continue to take care, will continue to do so. Just like alcohol and drug abuse.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 11, 10:49am   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

The left agenda just gets more and more depressing. To be honest, the left reminds me of when I worked for the government. It was always someone else's fault.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 11, 12:17pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

LeonDurham says
Just like Trumpkins don't understand that his tweets and immigration talk fires up his base but turns off independents and Centrists.

Lol. I doubt that.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 11, 1:54pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

LeonDurham says
And statements like that drive more Independents and Centrists to the Dem party.

Actually, it was Obama himself who drove many Independents like myself (who voted for him twice), to the right.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 12, 6:33am   ↑ like (5)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Aphroman says
Why would anyone eat at chick fil a when their chicken sucks, the fries are horrible and even their fountain sodas suck

#triggeredagain

All fast food is junk. This would not have been a story had the dude referenced McDonalds.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 12, 6:43am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

Tenpoundbass says
Get over yourselves Trump is wining Again!

I don't understand WHY, when there is good news to report, it's immediately dismissed as negative. Lots of triggered Dem's. Trump is going to win 2020 at this rate.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 12, 7:19am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Meanwhile... In London...

Quigley says

The only people who got butt hurt by Trump atthe G7 were billionaire globalists, policy wonks, and rabid Leftists who already hate his guts.
Why should he bother to be polite to such people or spare their feelings?

This.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 12, 8:13am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

It's actually a pretty good idea.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 12, 10:26am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Aphroman says
5-6 days a week of 1-1.5 hours is overkill imo.

I disagree... It takes me at least an hour to get through 5-6 chest exercises doing 5x5's or 4x10's. Leg days can be even longer. I really enjoy a good workout, especially when I walk out of the gym feeling beat.

Crossfit on the other hand, I walk out feeling wired and anxious when done. Not relaxed.

Aphroman says
I got stronger once I stopped working out so frequently and instead focused on healthful eating

I find consistent/hard workouts, with proper diet go hand in hand.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 12, 10:29am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Goran_K says

I started only eating between 8am and noon, and never outside of that time interval. Within 2 months, I had lost 25 pounds. Was I eating healthy? Somewhat, but I was still eating junk food a lot, even desserts but as long as I kept to my 4 hour eating interval, the weight kept dropping off. Then I kept shrinking my interval until it was only 1 hour (11am - noon), and I even gave up meals on Sunday, just drinking water, or just eating one piece of naan bread.

In total I dropped 55 pounds until I decided I was getting too skinny (my wife said I felt too boney to hug). The past 6 years I have not had any problems with weight, have tons of energy, and never feel bloated or tired. I'm an older guy now, but I can run 5 miles no problem, and my joints never feel sore. I do wish I had more muscle tone, but that's just me not doing enough free weight workouts.

Weight isn't an issue for me. I'd like to pack a few additional pounds of muscle, but am otherwise very happy with how I look. Diet wise, I don't eat anything processed. Since cutting out gluten/dairy my energy levels are through the roof and I don't deal with inflammation/tendinitis like I used to.

I'll drink maybe a glass of wine every other day.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 12, 10:34am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Thinking about building a gym in my garage around one of these folding squat racks. I find that I can build most of what I need for right around $1,000. There's a ton of used fitness gear on craigslist as well.

joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 12, 11:08am   ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Aphroman says
Sugar is THE Gateway Drug. If you can detox from sugar, you quickly realize that you only need to eat when you’re hungry.

For once we agree on something. I gave up sugar years ago.

Aphroman says
A lot of the same idiots who vote/support Republicans literally poison themselves and their children with candy, soda and breads/cereal/pasta. The same people and mindset that have us trapped in drug prohibition and the worst healthcare system imaginable

And then you blow it and turn this into a political thread - which it's not.

I see both dem's and republicans feeding their families processed junk. Both when I lived in CA, and now in GA. Processed food crosses party lines.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 12, 1:56pm   ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

bob2356 says
Where is the winning? There were 2 actual real signed nuclear deals already and nothing happened. All that has happened so far is trump and K saying let's do lunch some time. I'll applaud after there are results not self promoting.

Where is the negative in pointing out the realities of the situation anyway? It's called analysis which is neither positive or negative.

For starters, I'd say two countries having an open dialogue is a great start. That's more than previous Presidents.

If the end goal is de-nuclearization, why all the media hate? If Obama had done this, he would have been given a gold star and a key to the city.

Better than threats, tweets, lines in the sand etc..
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 12, 1:57pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

RC2006 says

I supported Obama first term. There were strings of disappointments, and then a decisive moment of domestic policy fuck-up for me was the Zimmerman/Martin case where he basically came out without any facts and put the blanket rays cyst accusation on whitey. And worse, when the doctored news-tapes and fact after fact in Zimmerman's favor came out he didn't retract any of this.

This was about it for me, the way he got involved with this created BLM and a string of racist anti white sjw shit that followed.

Same here... + the Obamacare disaster.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 12, 4:58pm   ↑ like (5)   ↓ dislike (1)   quote

Feux Follets says
Potus legitimized Kim on the world stage, something that will have far reaching and unintended consequences. Far from being marginalized Putin and Xi have also been raised by riding on the coat tails of this.

Oh please. Kim has been part of the world stage for years. He's been on the front page of national headlines and has an arsenal of nukes for years.

I think libs just hate a win when they see it. In fact, I'm more and more convinced of this everytime I read slanted headline.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 12, 5:41pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

bob2356 says
Patrick says
This is truly an epic win for The Donald, and it very difficult to spin it otherwise.

An epic win is NK with no nukes So far the only thing that has happened is an agreement to talk. We've talked for 30 years including 2 treaties. If just agreeing to talk is an epic win what was signing a treaty then? Exponential epic win?

I already explained this to you:

joshuatrio says
bob2356 says

Better than threats, tweets, lines in the sand etc..
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 13, 6:59am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

This one was better:

joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 13, 10:45am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

When I lived out in Monterey, there was a 6 month period I didn't have insurance. I went to the Dr. and I think the total bill was $75 if I paid cash. Prescription was like $10 for an antibiotic.Which led me to wonder, why do we need insurance?

Why not just catastrophic ? For a broken arm, heart attack, etc..

And make everything else self pay.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 13, 10:57am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

The split seems wrong in my opinion, and would keep the entire thing blue.

I think it should be coastal vs. non-coastal. As in San Diego, straight up through SF state one - and then like 40 miles inland to the Nevada border state 2.

When I lived there, the entire coast was hardcore liberal, where as you go inland and it's crazy conservative.

joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 13, 5:01pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

marcus says
Consensus bottom line: China wins bigly.

Lol... This again?
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 13, 5:08pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

The UN is bloated and pointless. I'm really not sure why it exists.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 16, 1:25pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

They are illegal.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 20, 5:37am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Ginos in Chicago is legit. Lombardi's (I think) in NYC is good too.

Texas has the best Tex Mex/Mexican.

Back in the day I had the best french in Wichita,KS believe it or not.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 20, 8:31am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

There was a killer pizza shack just outside of Lockheed Martin in Ft. Worth back in the day. It was called NYC Pizza. It was perhaps the best pizza I've ever tasted and frequently visited by F-16 flight crews. One day it just shut down. Such as sad day.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jun 22, 10:18am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Sniper says
"Could"

Awesome reporting.

This.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jul 5, 1:32pm   ↑ like (4)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Glad to see this is happening in portland.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jul 9, 5:43am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

just_passing_through says
I like America's Tire. It was called Discount Tire in Texas but someone already had that name in most of California except for San Diego.

America's/Discount Tire will price match any online competitor.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jul 9, 8:00am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

My wife wants to replace all of our appliances this fall, no idea what brand is the best. I personally just want to wait until they fail, but she hates our fridge - and usually the black friday bundles are pretty good.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jul 11, 1:34pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Trump is such an entertaining motherfucker. He is literally the king of trolls. Love how he's knocked the left off base.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jul 13, 2:09pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Damn. That image about sums it up.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jul 23, 1:32pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

MrMagic says
Why the hell do they STILL have clearances??? They aren't government employees anymore?

They remain in an inactive state [but can be reactivated by the click of a button - literally] within 2 years of leaving the position. This is for Secret/TS work.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Jul 24, 5:27am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

WookieMan says
So are you saying they don't have security clearance? It can just be reactivated at some point and they then have access to it? If that's the case, this is kind of a non-story. Why would Trump allow them access?

They still have one technically, but is not active unless serving on a program where it's required. Once they leave the position, the 2 year timer begins.

TS clearances have a 5 year life span before re investigation is required. , while Secret's have a 10.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 1, 7:13am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Goran_K says
Worked hard to be the best.

Farfrom it. He's drama on the court.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 2, 6:35am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

This might help jazz music
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 3, 2:14pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

zzyzzx says

What a scary pic. That hag looks like my mother in law... who is a psychotic, obsessive, compulsive liar.
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 8, 1:43pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

Ceffer says
Antifa looks like a good place for plastic surgeons to post advertising.

That sir, was hilarious
  joshuatrio   ignore (0)   2018 Aug 13, 6:04am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)   quote

And wait... Trump got in trouble for calling some third world countries shitholes?

Wow.