forgot password / register

reset password

#housing #investing #politics #random more»
778,449 comments by 11,477 users, 1 online now: Strategist
new post

zzyzzx's comments

« First    « Previous     Comments 15126 - 15165 of 15,189     Next »     Last »

zzyzzx   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 9, 10:06am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

anon_61c8a says
Do you think that this is a realistic representation of the 'lefties' on this site?

anon_61c8a says
Or of the mainstream Democratic party?

zzyzzx   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 9, 10:08am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

zzyzzx says
unless someone gives them a bunch of money, I don't see that happening.

That's what SV giants should be doing IMO.

Is today the day?
zzyzzx   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 9, 10:21am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

I offer this as an example of racism and identity politics from the left:
zzyzzx   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 9, 10:23am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

If Trump were dictator, this would never happen.
zzyzzx   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 9, 10:32am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

I am OK with that, presumably if they are caught and charged with any sort of crime. Otherwise if it's just a sex story it probably belongs in #cheesecake or #misc, or maybe someplace else.
zzyzzx   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 9, 10:35am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

I don't do phone apps, just use the browser, but thanks. Google Maps and Mapquest seem to take a lot of clicks (unless I am doing it wrong). That's why I was using Trafficland, I could go directly to it. I've been trying out this wego site today:

Takes me directly there, but I still have to zoom in a bit.
zzyzzx   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 9, 10:38am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Update: I managed to get myself off the project where they wanted me to be a Data Analyst (which apparently actually really meant doing data entry and going to a lot of boring, useless meetings, and working a shitload of unpaid overtime).
zzyzzx   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 9, 10:40am   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Obligatory:
zzyzzx   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 9, 11:57am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

errc says
Let’s say you’re in Annapolis and need to travel to Harrisburg. You check for traffic update and realize 695 is a parking lot like any other day. Then what do you do?

I will assume that you are referring to 695 west side, which is as almost always really bad. I would take 97 North to 695 to the BW parkway or I-95 into town, then go through town until I got to 83. Once you are there, you are fine. An alternate is to take 97 north to 100 West to 29 North to 70 East and get on the west side there, assuming that the backups from 70 to 83 aren't as bad as the part that you just cut out. Yes, I know people who used 70 to 29 to 100 to avoid parts of the Baltimore Beltway and commuted that way! Yes, it was more than one person! If it wasn't for the toll, I'd take 97 north to the Harbor Tunnel to 695 on the East side of town to 83.
zzyzzx   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 9, 11:59am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Patrick says
Hadn't realized that it's definitely an aphrodisiac.

I've never heard that one before. I would have to think that would be common knowledge if true.

errc says
A better question is ‘why aren’t Americans allowed to use cannabis?’

It really needs to be put to a referendum.
zzyzzx   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 9, 12:02pm   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

YesYNot says
Personally, I'd like to see politics shrink in emphasis here

I agree.
zzyzzx   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 9, 12:15pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

It wasn't a hack, it was a leak. Seth Rich was murdered over this.
zzyzzx   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 9, 12:23pm   ↑ like (3)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

This pic somehow seems appropriate in this thread as well:
zzyzzx   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 9, 12:49pm   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Fixed:
Soros cut off their funding
zzyzzx   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 10, 8:55am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

YesYNot says
I presume most of you believe that OJ is guilty despite being found not guilty

You think OJ is innocent?
zzyzzx   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 10, 12:14pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Sniper says
Why is it the Liberals always resort to dirty, scummy tricks to win elections?

Because they are desperate!
zzyzzx   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 13, 7:16am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Historic home prices for any particular piece of real estate is publically available on the internet for properties in Maryland. You just have to go to the states website and look at the individual property.
zzyzzx   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 13, 7:17am   ↑ like (1)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

APOCALYPSEFUCK_is_ADORABLE says
you'll bash and shoot your Keurig into tiny bits

You forgot to make an explicit reference to using your M134 for this purpose.
zzyzzx   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 13, 12:10pm   ↑ like (2)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

HEY YOU says
Democratic & Republican voters rhyme with those that are coming out about distant past sexual assault & harassment.
The only difference is that Ds & Rs elected their abusers.

What does that have to do with Sulu, who has never held any political office? Oh yeah he has run, but never won.
zzyzzx   ignore (2)   2017 Nov 14, 7:53am   ↑ like (0)   ↓ dislike (0)     quote

Apparently we aren't the only ones using this meme:

users   about   suggestions   source code   contact
topics   best comments   comment jail   old posts by year
10 reasons it's a terrible time to buy
8 groups who lie about the housing market
37 bogus arguments about housing
get a free bumper sticker:

top   bottom   home