Threads started by swebb

Zerohedge "Unsold cars" debunked
By swebb in Denver CO 80206   2 comments, latest 3 months ago:
corntrollio says It was pretty obvious it was bullshit to anyone who knows about cars. It was obvious that some of those were shipping sites for cars and that other pictures were likely old (i.e....

AGNC
By swebb in Denver CO 80206   40 comments, latest 1 year ago:
swebb says E-man says Now, if you can find your niche in real estate, you will not have time to screw around with stocks and Lending Club. :) Heh. I suppose so. The nice thing...

Getting stock options into an IRA, etc..
By swebb in Denver CO 80206   5 comments, latest 1 year ago:
B.A.C.A.H. says swebb says I'm not asking for anything that is illegal or shady in any way...I'm wondering what the valid / legal / acceptable ways are for dealing with this. I looked into this...

When demand is high...people get clever.
By swebb in Denver CO 80206   1 comment, latest 1 year ago:
Reality says Missiles and UAV's next. The local police departments may even be able to make their money back on the UAV's that way.

IWOG was right!
By swebb in Denver CO 80206   56 comments, latest 1 year ago:
theoakman says Reality says iwog says My calls on oil were absolutely flawless. As far as me forgetting comments, I think that is far less likely than you making up comments. I doubt that very...

How many bears could actually afford a house in their market..
By swebb in Denver CO 80206   62 comments, latest 1 year ago:
Rin says SFace says I'm afraid the competiveness is being applied in non-law fields across business. Well, here's the story ... post-graduation placement from law school means top 15 (Harvard to Univ of Virginia), management...

Has Ford topped out? Is Apple a buying opportunity? Boeing?
By swebb in Denver CO 80206   posted 1 year ago:
I've done well with Ford recently -- wondering if it's profit taking time. Thoughts? Apple took a bigger tumble than I would have predicted -- a buying opportunity? Boeing's woes with the dreamliner...why hasn't their...

Just closed on a house
By swebb in Denver CO 80206   2 comments, latest 1 year ago:
E-man says Swebb, Well played. Congrats. Enjoy your new home. :)

Price pushing in Carmel Valley, no takers
By swebb in Denver CO 80206   3 comments, latest 1 year ago:
SJ says Ah yes Carmel Valley in San Diego flooded by Chindians- man these Chinese and Indians lack common sense in spending and saving $$$ don't they? They believe the lastest realtard hype and are...

Possible asbestos on ductwork
By swebb in Denver CO 80206   17 comments, latest 1 year ago:
swebb says bob2356 says You're worried about 2 ducts in the basement?? That's a big so what. I thought you were talking about in the attic or framing. Don't strip it at all, just replace...

Sewer line problems? (video)
By swebb in Denver CO 80206   28 comments, latest 1 year ago:
woggs1 says Something just doesn't smell right..............

Good 410K plan for small business
By swebb in Denver CO 80206   5 comments, latest 1 year ago:
EBGuy says How small? We use Vanguard for a SIMPLE IRA. Fee is $25 per year for each Vanguard fund (I just dump it all in S&P 500 and balance things out with my other...

Denver market very tight inventory, multiple offers
By swebb in Denver CO 80206   posted 1 year ago:
I have been in the market for about 2 years now. Various reasons for the long duration including personal uncertainty with job / job location, market uncertainty, and financial planning...But, I have been watching the...

AGNC, dividend reduced, price increases...
By swebb  5 comments, latest 2 years ago:
E-man says @Swebb, I graciously bowed out and sold the remaining 700 shares of AGNC and 850 shares of IVR into the close today. It was fun and rewarding while lasted. All party will come...

Facebook lockup period
By swebb in Denver CO 80206   64 comments, latest 2 years ago:
E-man says Serpentor says People has ben talking shit about the housing market on this web site. I didnt see any rules about backing it up when the bulls called. I see people are arguing...

How Much Is Enough..?
By swebb in Denver CO 80206   2 comments, latest 2 years ago:
thomas.wong1986 says What would JMK say today... from wiki Just before his death in 1946, Keynes told Henry Clay, a professor of Social Economics and Advisor to the Bank of England of his hopes that...

Business school for 8 year olds...
By swebb in Denver CO 80206   posted 2 years ago:
Not exactly investing, but something I read several months back and enjoyed: "My dad taught me cashflow with a soda machine" After a brief, failed experiment paying me to do chores, my dad tried something...

Lending Club "review"
Thanks for the input from real-world experience. KelNishi says but don't expect to be able to pull your money out on a whim. Liquidation is a long, slow process. Yes. This is why I am...

Anyone have experience with Lending Club
Pays better interest than a savings account. Extra attention paid to the risk side of the equation and you might say the hell with the stock market. And, in the worst case scenario, you need...

New Redfin fee/rebate structure
By swebb  posted 2 years ago:
http://blog.redfin.com/blog/20 Disappointing.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 53 milliseconds to create.