Threads started by Oxygen

point out all the (obvious) mistakes
By Oxygen  3 comments, latest 1 year ago:
HEY YOU says I want to refinance every week. Do whatever is necessary to keep up with the "Jones". Buy depreciating toys to satisfy my need for "immediate gratification". What more is there to the...

Use of Mortgage Interest Deduction Depends on Where You Live
By Oxygen  1 comment, latest 1 year ago:
CaptainShuddup says I guess that is how you can tell you're rich. When the Mortgage interest yields a greater deduction than the standard deduction.

What BP Doesnt Want You to Know About the 2010 Gulf Spill - Newsweek and The Dai
By Oxygen  1 comment, latest 1 year ago:
Dan8267 says Within days, the 32-year-old single mother was coughing up blood and suffering constant headaches. She lost her voice. “My throat felt like I’d swallowed razor blades,” she says. Then things got much worse....

Inside secrets of real estate agents
By Oxygen in Menlo Park CA 94025   38 comments, latest 1 year ago:
Philistine says ELC says It's not working for me like that in South Florida Yikes, South Florida . . . forget it. RE there is a lost cause.

Jay Morrison (Celeb Realtor) Interview
By Oxygen  posted 1 year ago:
lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?f

FHA to hike premiums on mortgages
By Oxygen in Menlo Park CA 94025   1 comment, latest 1 year ago:
thomaswong.1986 says want to lower risk ? lower the prices.. that will do it...

"Building equity in a home is a great way to increase your net worth."
By Oxygen in Brooklyn NY 11220   18 comments, latest 1 year ago:
EastCoastBubbleBoy says To elaborate as requested. Let's take me for an example. I have a 30 year fixed. I'm making biweekly payments, and pay a bit extra towards principle every time. Based on my current...

Why House Equity Isnt Worth Buying a House
By Oxygen in Brooklyn NY 11220   posted 1 year ago:
http://money.usnews.com/money/ For generations, home equity has been the holy grail of wealth accumulation for families. In 2007, the median family held nearly $100,000 in home equity, according to the Fed’s Survey of Consumer Finances. Home...

amortization schedule q
By Oxygen  6 comments, latest 1 year ago:
Oxygen says EastCoastBubbleBoy says Tried uploading chart based on the example in your OP - but couldn't seem to do it. The "breakeven" point (for lack of a better term) occurs at month 182 (out...

does it make sense to pay 100% cash
By Oxygen  67 comments, latest 2 years ago:
Oxygen says EastCoastBubbleBoy says Only thing I can add that hasn’t been said already. If this person buys with a cash offer - would they have sufficient reserve? If they drain their savings close to...

negative equity solutions
By Oxygen  2 comments, latest 2 years ago:
zzyzzx says How about these underwater homeowners get a second job, sell unnecessary junk, or rent out a room, cut cable and cellphone and vacations, and Starbucks in order to pay down their debt?

"my tenant's rental income covers the mortgage"
By Oxygen  1 comment, latest 2 years ago:
Depends on the rent vs the price! If your gross annual rent divided by purchase price is 8% or more, then it's true, your tenant's rental income probably does cover the mortgage, property tax, maintenance,...

County Recorders vs. the MERS Machine week
By Oxygen  posted 2 years ago:
http://www.businessweek.com/ma

"epic home deals"
By Oxygen  17 comments, latest 3 years ago:
bubblesitter says Bargains abound and rates are at record lows—for those who qualify. Really????? Haha...Hunt for suckers goes on. Hunt for suckers never stops in this country by the corporate media.

Refi and "stimulating the economy"
By Oxygen  54 comments, latest 3 years ago:
corntrollio says zzyzzx says I really think eliminating lawsuits [...] would do more to lower medical costs than simply paying doctors less. Yes, but you can be shown to be wrong. See links I've provided...

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 41 milliseconds to create.