Threads started by BayArea

Haven't been here in a while...
By BayArea   20 comments, latest 1 week ago:
Call it Crazy says smaulgld says The company section hasn't taken off yet. I would think SF real estate is tied to the fate of SF companies. Can understand downplaying real estate but not eliminating...

Tax Time: File Jointly or Separately?
By BayArea   9 comments, latest 2 weeks ago:
bob2356 says BayArea says My gross income is $125K, hers is $100K. I own a rental property that's being financed currently and she has about $150K worth of school loans if it makes a difference....

Google Bus Protesters in SF
By BayArea   37 comments, latest 2 months ago:
Rin says On the Philly comparison from my thread: corntrollio says Just talk to SF residents who have been robbed, which happens more frequently than anyone is willing to admit, due to the ample gangs,...

Should I keep this property or sell?
By BayArea   54 comments, latest 3 months ago:
SFace says E-man says SF ace, Given the options, cash in refi makes the most sense to me. I'm totally against the idea of selling. Even losing $200/month, that's $24k in 10 years. If history...

Condo insurance policy experts, please come on in and join the fun
By BayArea   13 comments, latest 4 months ago:
E-man says How much is the condo worth? Do you have a loan on the condo? Do you currently have an umbrella insurance? Do you want one? Does your renter have a renter's policy?

Where can I find a list of cities in the Bay Area with rental control?
By BayArea   5 comments, latest 4 months ago:
curious2 says BayArea says I'm wondering if anyone has a comprehensive list. I couldn't believe it was a serious question, so I didn't post earlier. Then I tried one search: list of cities with rent...

Landlord rented to someone else's and kept my application fee?
By BayArea   20 comments, latest 11 months ago:
New Renter says BayArea says Thanks for the reply guys. As someone who has rented out several properties over the years and is himself a landlord, this is the first time I've experienced this on...

For the Married Guys (And the Guys Who Have Been Married)
By BayArea   675 comments, latest 11 months ago:
New Renter says Vicente says In biology, male animals have to be either useful or pretty. They do not have to be both. And/or be tasty: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature

Looking to rent a home on the Peninsula -> Sources?
By BayArea   7 comments, latest 1 year ago:
BayArea says Thank you for the suggestions. Please note that I am looking for a detached single family home... something with a garage/yard, 2bdrm, 1000sq-ft... It really is remarkable how high these prices are here...

Would you refinance this loan if you were me.
By BayArea   8 comments, latest 1 year ago:
CaptainShuddup says Let me clarify, if he bought in 2010 like I did, then chances are his MIP is under $70.

Downtown Burlingame
By BayArea   17 comments, latest 1 year ago:
Facebooksux says It's even worse in the south bay.

What's your favorite residential rental application form?
By BayArea   posted 1 year ago:
Hi folks, wondering if you guys can send me a link to your favorite rental application form. Thanks!

Renting in downtown San Mateo
By BayArea   3 comments, latest 1 year ago:
bgamall4 says And here is a 1 bedroom with a measly 400 square feet for $1800! http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pe This is berserk, and you really need to consider the 2 bedroom with a roommate.

Peninsula Experts Get in Here Please
By BayArea   10 comments, latest 2 years ago:
thomaswong.1986 says as a native Californian, SV tech worker for the past 30 years and homeowner, the perception of homes has changed. But certainly focus on career and keep your expenses low. when i was...

What's the Best and Worst Car You Have Ever Owned
By BayArea   56 comments, latest 2 years ago:
JodyChunder says BayArea says What's the Best and Worst Car You Have Ever Owned BEST: 1955 Ford Crown Victoria WORST: 1985 BMW 535i

Credit Scores and Dating...
By BayArea   42 comments, latest 2 years ago:
elliemae says .elliemae says I prefer to believe that, if there is a heaven, I'll get laid there. Peter P says I bet it has orgies too. Well, we obviously all look beautiful in Heaven...

Calculating the ROI for you rental property
By BayArea   49 comments, latest 2 years ago:
David Losh says CDon says I think some clarification is needed here. There should be a disclaimer in there that each person should check with an accountant, or attorney, rather than rely on advice from...

For Those That need a Crash Course on the Case-Shiller Housing Index
By BayArea   1 comment, latest 2 years ago:
BayArea says I've always heard 2 months lag, but you may be right. And correct about the Nor-Cal SFH detail. I've always wanted to find a way to customize the C-S index for zip code...

Rent to Price Ratio (ie. P/E Ratio) in the Bay Area
By BayArea   23 comments, latest 2 years ago:
BayArea says With rents surging, having an updated list may be valuable.

Implications of Investment Firms Buying Up Low End Real Estate
By BayArea   26 comments, latest 2 years ago:
futuresmc says moonup says I don't think big investment firms have any intention of keeping the houses for long - mass renting is going to come with difficulties. Also, they know that interest rates will...

Page 1 of 4  Forward »

home   top   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net