Threads started by BayArea

Landlord rented to someone else's and kept my application fee?
By BayArea in Oakland CA 94618   20 comments, latest 3 months ago:
New Renter says BayArea says Thanks for the reply guys. As someone who has rented out several properties over the years and is himself a landlord, this is the first time I've experienced this on...

Google Bus Protesters in SF
By BayArea in Oakland CA 94618   25 comments, latest 4 months ago:
zzyzzx says corntrollio says But it doesn't even take skyscrapers. The asshole NIMBYs of SF make shrill cries of "Manhattanization" whenever you want to build something taller than 4 stories, but you could easily do...

For the Married Guys (And the Guys Who Have Been Married)
By BayArea in Oakland CA 94618   675 comments, latest 4 months ago:
New Renter says Vicente says In biology, male animals have to be either useful or pretty. They do not have to be both. And/or be tasty: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature

Looking to rent a home on the Peninsula -> Sources?
By BayArea in San Mateo CA 94401   7 comments, latest 4 months ago:
BayArea says Thank you for the suggestions. Please note that I am looking for a detached single family home... something with a garage/yard, 2bdrm, 1000sq-ft... It really is remarkable how high these prices are here...

Would you refinance this loan if you were me.
By BayArea in Oakland CA 94618   8 comments, latest 1 year ago:
CaptainShuddup says Let me clarify, if he bought in 2010 like I did, then chances are his MIP is under $70.

Downtown Burlingame
By BayArea in Oakland CA 94618   17 comments, latest 1 year ago:
Facebooksux says It's even worse in the south bay.

What's your favorite residential rental application form?
By BayArea in Oakland CA 94618   posted 1 year ago:
Hi folks, wondering if you guys can send me a link to your favorite rental application form. Thanks!

Renting in downtown San Mateo
By BayArea in Oakland CA 94618   3 comments, latest 1 year ago:
bgamall4 says And here is a 1 bedroom with a measly 400 square feet for $1800! http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pe This is berserk, and you really need to consider the 2 bedroom with a roommate.

Peninsula Experts Get in Here Please
By BayArea in Oakland CA 94618   10 comments, latest 1 year ago:
thomaswong.1986 says as a native Californian, SV tech worker for the past 30 years and homeowner, the perception of homes has changed. But certainly focus on career and keep your expenses low. when i was...

What's the Best and Worst Car You Have Ever Owned
By BayArea in Oakland CA 94618   56 comments, latest 1 year ago:
JodyChunder says BayArea says What's the Best and Worst Car You Have Ever Owned BEST: 1955 Ford Crown Victoria WORST: 1985 BMW 535i

Credit Scores and Dating...
By BayArea in Oakland CA 94618   42 comments, latest 1 year ago:
elliemae says .elliemae says I prefer to believe that, if there is a heaven, I'll get laid there. Peter P says I bet it has orgies too. Well, we obviously all look beautiful in Heaven...

Calculating the ROI for you rental property
By BayArea in Oakland CA 94618   49 comments, latest 1 year ago:
David Losh says CDon says I think some clarification is needed here. There should be a disclaimer in there that each person should check with an accountant, or attorney, rather than rely on advice from...

For Those That need a Crash Course on the Case-Shiller Housing Index
By BayArea in Oakland CA 94618   1 comment, latest 1 year ago:
BayArea says I've always heard 2 months lag, but you may be right. And correct about the Nor-Cal SFH detail. I've always wanted to find a way to customize the C-S index for zip code...

Rent to Price Ratio (ie. P/E Ratio) in the Bay Area
By BayArea  23 comments, latest 1 year ago:
BayArea says With rents surging, having an updated list may be valuable.

Implications of Investment Firms Buying Up Low End Real Estate
By BayArea in Oakland CA 94618   26 comments, latest 1 year ago:
futuresmc says moonup says I don't think big investment firms have any intention of keeping the houses for long - mass renting is going to come with difficulties. Also, they know that interest rates will...

Just a thought about the search function
By BayArea in Oakland CA 94618   2 comments, latest 1 year ago:
BayArea says Most definitely. Sometimes I am looking for a specific thing and it seems like that function would be pretty basic and expected of a site like this.

Short Sale Agent's Pimp-Hand Remains Strong!
By BayArea in Oakland CA 94618   34 comments, latest 1 year ago:
The Professor says bgamall4 says BayArea says Just curious, what do you do for a living? I am old and retired. I contribute to Business Insider gratis. I write a few ebooks and enjoy my...

My Neighbor is Living the American Financial Dream
By BayArea in Oakland CA 94618   16 comments, latest 1 year ago:
CDon says FortWayne says It is fraud, because this is him defrauding the bank. If bank knew it was him, specifically him, buying it, they would not approve the sale. You can't just stop paying...

Legal Implications of Bribing a Short Seller to Present Your Offer to the Bank
By BayArea in Oakland CA 94618   6 comments, latest 1 year ago:
BayArea says Thanks guys. I think you nailed it and answered my question.

Property Tax
By BayArea in Oakland CA 94618   44 comments, latest 2 years ago:
EBGuy says I have no problem carrying the burden when you are young and strong but get protection when you get old and weak. SFace, How many bedrooms does her house have -- and how...

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 59 milliseconds to create.