Threads started by curious2

Fox "News" is an unhealthy (and ignorant) lifestyle
By curious2  51 comments, latest 3 days ago:
indigenous says Howdy There says The multiplier effect theory has some merit in a closed economy, but is extremely complex to apply in an open one. It's worth learning from an academic standpoint, but I...

Where in the world is Casey Kasem?
By curious2  8 comments, latest 1 week ago:
curious2 says The saga continues: "A judge has granted Casey Kasem's daughter a temporary restraining order preventing the famous radio host's wife from cremating his remains, but it's unclear where those remains are or whether...

Value of S.F. property rose 6% YoY to $180 billion
By curious2  posted 2 weeks ago:
"Commercial and residential properties accounted for $168 billion of the tax rolls for fiscal 2014-15, with business machinery and equipment comprising the remaining $12 billion."

Smartphones start getting Infrared - at long last
By curious2  12 comments, latest 3 weeks ago:
curious2 says CaptainShuddup says The products we buy or see at the stores only have the features that.... support the revenue models of the cellular carriers, who are the primary customers. The FIRE economy has...

Future building with concrete bricks?
By curious2  8 comments, latest 3 weeks ago:
curious2 says tatupu70 says The papers I've seen highlight the environmental aspect over the improvement in concrete properties (although some do show improved fracture toughness). Grants related to the study of climate change have caused...

Hospital chain allegedly admitted patients fraudulently to make more $$$
By curious2  38 comments, latest 3 weeks ago:
curious2 says "Consumer group urges hospitals to stop 'unethical' health screenings... "It is exploitative to promote and provide medically non-beneficial testing through the use of misleading and fear-mongering advertisements in order to generate medically unnecessary...

Maya Angelou, 1928-2014
By curious2  posted 2 months ago:
“People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
By curious2  31 comments, latest 2 months ago:
curious2 says "Raw satellite transmission data from the vanished Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, released on Tuesday by the Malaysian government, provided further evidence that the plane crashed into the Indian Ocean after flying south and...

Sugar is 8x more addictive than cocaine
By curious2  26 comments, latest 2 months ago:
curious2 says errc says Studies have shown peanut agglutinin to make its way through the gut and into the blood stream, and peanuts are one of the crops most contaminated with aflatoxins. So I'm not...

Drought: Feds cut water to Central Valley farmers
By curious2  77 comments, latest 2 months ago:
thunderlips11 says Here's another Great idea for California: Publicize (if that's a word) the Water. I can't believe that California follows barbarous laws of one of the most backward nations in Europe* with water management...

MLS vs off-market sales
"A rare look at off-market sales"

Gentrification: history repeats, or rhymes
By curious2  1 comment, latest 2 months ago:
P N Dr Lo R says Otis Oldfield sounds like he was a wonderful man in addition to a great artist if not so well known. Sadly, a lot of those boys probably lost their...

Scientology recruiter bought Premium on PatNet
By curious2  14 comments, latest 2 months ago:
Dan8267 says Woo hoo! 2900 dislikes, and their all from the same guy! Man, I love pissing off trolls!

Atherton = most expensive ZIP, up 40% YoY
"The Atherton zip code–94027– is now the most pricey in the entire nation... “The town is 45 minutes south of San Francisco, and less than 20 minutes to the headquarters of Facebook, Google and most...

FSBO sets record for highest sale price in American history
By curious2  1 comment, latest 3 months ago:
bubblesitter says They did not use a Realtor in the transaction so a Realtor did not make 8.82 million in commission for just getting some papers signed up. LOL.

Kids' Diabetes Rates Up Dramatically
By curious2  18 comments, latest 3 months ago:
CaptainShuddup says http://youtu.be/1NvgLkuEtkA

Oregon gives up on troubled Obamneycare exchange, joins U.S. site
By curious2  19 comments, latest 3 months ago:
mmmarvel says Ceffer says bogus software that doesn't work to bogus software that doesn't work better, Bogus software to run a bogus plan promoted by a bogus president. I'm seeing a pattern here.

Obamacare enrollees hit snags at doctor's offices
By curious2  21 comments, latest 3 months ago:
Call it Crazy says curious2 says elliemae says Every physician I know.... Elliemae has deteriorated recently, and forgotten that the plural of anecdote is not data. Her migraines are making her suicidal, which puts her...

Concept robot to recycle concrete
By curious2  14 comments, latest 3 months ago:
CaptainShuddup says bob2356 says Why do thet say concrete has a life of 40-60 years? The stuff can last forever with some minimal care. There's plenty of Roman concrete structures still around. Do they think...

Doctor Became the Most Miserable Profession
By curious2  19 comments, latest 3 months ago:
curious2 says Francis says Who cares? I care. Doctors get blamed for Obamneycare, but most doctors opposed it. The political patronage networks wrote the legislation conscripting everyone into Obamneycare, and sent doctors onto the front...

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 66 milliseconds to create.