Threads started by curious2

SSRIs in pregnancy tied to autism, delays
By curious2  8 comments, latest 4 hours ago:
elliemae says I stubbed my toe while walking thru the house when Obama was on TV. It bled. I blame Obama.

S.F. condo market passes precrash peak
By curious2  5 comments, latest 2 weeks ago:
hanera says "There is a lot of cash in the Bay Area," he added. "The IPOs in tech and biotech are back. We see a lot of young people with more liquidity than we have...

Drought: Feds cut water to Central Valley farmers to zero
By curious2  68 comments, latest 2 weeks ago:
New Renter says EBGuy says Here's the flipside to the "feel good" solar still story. Decades of irrigation have leached salts and toxic minerals from the soil that have nowhere to go, threatening crops and...

Hospital chain allegedly admitted patients fraudulently to make more $$$
By curious2  22 comments, latest 3 weeks ago:
curious2 says Update: "1 in 25 patients gets infection in hospital... Patients acquired some 721,800 infections at hospitals [in 2011], according to the research. Of those infected, about 75,000 died, according to the U.S. Centers...

SF neighborhood price levels
By curious2  4 comments, latest 3 weeks ago:
New Renter says APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says I for one think these people are getting a bargain. If Disney were to build a dystopian hellhole in which you'd wake up to step over shit and vomit deposited...

New research challenges old wisdom on saturated fat
By curious2  16 comments, latest 1 month ago:
Ceffer says New Renter says I hear Rosie Palm has a lot of CS boyfriends. It's why they have to replace their keyboards so often, they are pitchers but bad catchers.

When mechanical analog computers ruled the waves
By curious2  posted 1 month ago:
http://arstechnica.com/informa The Advanced Gun System, left, is intended to take on the role of the battleship's 16-inch guns, right. Aside from its GPS-guided shell, the digital technology of the AGS's fire control system does exactly...

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
By curious2  30 comments, latest 1 month ago:
curious2 says Wired.com: "A Startlingly Simple [accident] Theory" ...but, there are rebuttals, which may or may not rebut: "Very concise debunk of Chris Goodfellow's theory" "It’s Wrong."

Most supermarket meat contains antibiotic resistant bacteria
By curious2  17 comments, latest 1 month ago:
New Renter says Dan8267 says New Renter says Another good reason to cook meat to "well done". Another good reason to switch to tofu. Not so fast: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/2090 http://www.foodsafetynews.com/

Fire destroys 360-unit apartment bldg in SF
By curious2  16 comments, latest 1 month ago:
HEY YOU says bgamall4 says So did they freefall like 9/11? Of course not, they were imploded at 9/11. This was just a fire. And no concrete reinforcement here so it was weaker and it...

FB buys WhatsApp for $19 billion?!?
By curious2  2 comments, latest 2 months ago:
upisdown says Any guesses on how the new billionaire feels about food stamps NOW??

Oakland (Sideshow City) on TV
By curious2  1 comment, latest 2 months ago:
Ceffer says No need for expensive health club memberships, because you get all the exercise you need running for your life?

Obamacare partly delayed
By curious2  23 comments, latest 2 months ago:
FortWayne says Straw Man says So what happened to "can't delay anything - it's the law of the land" argument so popular here during the last debt ceiling battle? The usual, that's what happened.

Mammograms under 60 don't reduce deaths
curious2 says There was a good comment by another user here, I don't know what happened to it. Meanwhile, as noted in the linked article, mammograms produce many false diagnoses and unnecessary procedures, which are...

Et tu, Cepa? Et tu?
curious2 says HRC: State Secrets and the Rebirth of Hillary Clinton: "Sitting to the right of Obama at a Sept. 10, 2009, cabinet meeting, [Secretary of State Hillary] Clinton listened with alarm as other secretaries...

NSA Spying Is Making Us Less Safe
By curious2  8 comments, latest 2 months ago:
Dan8267 says bob2356 says You really need a hobby. I was speaking figuratively. Everyone else figured it out from context, what happened to you? Bullshit. Your statement was "To bad Orwell didn't live long enough...

Obamacare enrollees hit snags at doctor's offices
By curious2  11 comments, latest 2 months ago:
CaptainShuddup says

Pete Seeger, 1919-2014
By curious2  9 comments, latest 2 months ago:
bgamall4 says And Seeger said: “I said if the Israelis would admit the injustice that was committed when they decided that they would start a new nation where a million people already lived. Uhh …...

political discussions ruin Facebook & friendships
By curious2  9 comments, latest 2 months ago:
Dan8267 says FortWayne says It's a great thing about patrick.net Everyone can chat about politics, have their opinions and discuss anonymously. True that. Putting up with idiocy and the occasional trolling is the price to...

New York congressman threatens to throw reporter off balcony
By curious2  8 comments, latest 2 months ago:
Ceffer says Just a little too much testosterone underarm roll on. It will clear up. Unfortunately, his wife thought it was deodorant and grew a mustache. He's a little miffed, give him time.

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 60 milliseconds to create.