Threads started by curious2

Germanwings 9525
By curious2   4 comments, latest 1 day ago:
curious2 says Co-pilot ‘planned to marry pregnant girlfriend’, claims German report I wonder if he bought insurance and named the girlfriend and child as beneficiaries, and, if so, will they collect?

BioTime Inc.
By curious2   1 comment, latest 3 days ago:
curious2 says I first read about BioTime in Wired nearly a decade ago. A comment in a different thread reminded me of BioTime, after a wheelwell stowaway survived a flight from SJC to Hawaii, losing...

Parkinson's Disease research
By curious2   41 comments, latest 1 week ago:
curious2 says A Roche and Prothena collaboration Phase 1 trial Reports Reduction of Free Serum Alpha-Synuclein After Single Dose of PRX002. Roche is the parent company of SFBA's Genentech, a large biotech company based in...

Danny "The News Dissector" Schechter, 1942-2015
By curious2   1 comment, latest 1 week ago:
curious2 says His work continues on MediaChannel.org.

Buy a jet for Patrick
By curious2   7 comments, latest 1 week ago:
Vicente says

Hospital chain allegedly admitted patients fraudulently to make more $$$
By curious2   47 comments, latest 2 weeks ago:
MMR says MMR says Prime Healthcare Associates Looks like the DCHS Prime sale fell through....It's pretty much a done deal that those hospitals will have to declare bankruptcy. http://www.healthcarefinancene While I don't like to call...

Genentech, 23andme
By curious2   1 comment, latest 2 weeks ago:
BayAreaObserver says 23andMe grabs former Genentech science boss, will develop drugs. Richard Scheller, the former head of Genentech Inc.'s vaunted early research operation, will lead a new drug discovery team at 23andMe Inc., the Mountain...

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
By curious2   65 comments, latest 2 weeks ago:
dublin hillz says I think Putin had Nemtsov whacked because Nemtsov means "german" in russian and it's soon going to be 70 years since russia beat the nazis in world war 2.

New HPV vaccine more effective
By curious2   2 comments, latest 1 month ago:
mell says This will be another interesting data point to watch. It sounds formidable, but the majority of HPV infections are cleared by the body, nonetheless the claim is that it reduces the risk of...

900,000 get wrong tax info in latest Obamneycare snafu
By curious2   9 comments, latest 1 month ago:
Call it Crazy says sbh says indigenous says giving all of us healthcare Another special kind of stupid to go along with CIC. We all can't be as lucky as you and be on FREE...

Question about ISIL vs Japan
By curious2   17 comments, latest 2 months ago:
Strategist says Nobody says I don't get this. ISIS has been doing much worse stuff to everyone around the globe. And this one incident is going to make a difference? It makes a lot of...

Charlie Hebdo: cartoon violence continues
By curious2   43 comments, latest 2 months ago:
Strategist says CaptainShuddup says turtledove says Can we just outlaw religion? When you outlaw religion then only the outlaws will go to heaven. Dammit Captain, you are right. We will now need to send out...

% of SFBA buyers are international
By curious2   posted 4 months ago:
The article below includes two estimates and some data: “Maybe 20 percent of the deals in San Francisco and the Peninsula are cash overseas buyers....” The Lumina, a 656-unit luxury condominium project going up in...

Why Democrats Lost
By curious2   96 comments, latest 4 months ago:
curious2 says Since Democrats don't listen to me on this issue, please go Dislike Democratic Senator Schumer instead: "Democrats Erred by Acting on Health Care in 2010, Schumer Says *** “Unfortunately, Democrats blew the opportunity...

Robin Williams, 1951-2014
By curious2   4 comments, latest 5 months ago:
curious2 says "Toxicology testing found the antidepressant Mirtazapine as well as caffeine and the Parkinson’s mediation levodopa in his blood." Mirtazapine is a prescription drug that manipulates serotonin levels in a way similar to SSRIs....

SF Cloudflare offers free SSL
By curious2   posted 6 months ago:
http://arstechnica.com/informa In a bid to secure even more of the Internet's websites through the use of secure connections, San Francisco-based content delivery network and Internet security provider CloudFlare has launched a new free service for...

Science Wednesday: sailing stones of Death Valley
By curious2   1 comment, latest 6 months ago:
Dan8267 says But that's not magic! Damn, another thing that proved the existence of god that now doesn't.

SFBA median up 12%, SF up 14%, YoY
By curious2   posted 7 months ago:
"The median price paid for a Bay Area [shack] that closed in August was $607,000. That was down 1.6 percent from July but up 12.4 percent from last August, according to CoreLogic DataQuick. The data,...

S. Truett Cathy, 1921-2014
By curious2   15 comments, latest 7 months ago:
Dan8267 says Call it Crazy says BTW, there must be a Youtube video that you can post that shows us how you feel.

Is there a creativity deficit in science?
By curious2   1 comment, latest 7 months ago:
curious2 says Two related stories. First, the bad news: according to federal projections, medical spending will nearly double within 10 years. While other parts of the economy are suffering, the medical industrial complex are looking...

Page 1 of 7  Forward »

home   top   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net