Threads started by curious2

app as effective at testing eyesight as optician's clinic
By curious2   posted 1 day ago:
"A smartphone app is as effective at testing eyesight as an optician's clinic, a trial suggests." I have commented elsewhere that you can get a complete pair of generic glasses for $20 from Zenni Optical....

Avoid American Hospitals especially in July
By curious2   27 comments, latest 1 week ago:
curious2 says New Renter says Once you looked at what you had you realized.... that you were baiting me again and wasting everyone's time, a subtle but still possibly pathological type of trolling. Cullen murdered...

Hospital chain allegedly admitted patients fraudulently to make more $$$
By curious2   48 comments, latest 1 week ago:
curious2 says Update: Even before they start in on fraudulent admissions, "Hospitals grab at least $1 billion in extra fees for emergency room visits"

Most supermarket meat contains antibiotic resistant bacteria
By curious2   22 comments, latest 2 weeks ago:
epitaph says Should just drop meat entirely. The meat industry is unapologetically inhumane.

57-story skyscraper in 19 days
By curious2   5 comments, latest 1 month ago:
curious2 says Dan8267 says especially if it comes from China "Such modular approaches have been used for high-rise apartment blocks elsewhere, including in Britain and the U.S." If it isn't a cousin of "ad hominem,"...

Smartphones start getting Infrared - at long last
By curious2   20 comments, latest 1 month ago:
Call it Crazy says epitaph says I think is the most impressive thing that Apple does better than any other hardware company on the market, is market their product. They can create an underspec'd, overpriced...

Parkinson's Disease research
By curious2   45 comments, latest 1 month ago:
curious2 says Regarding the isradipine Phase III trial linked above, the study should last three years. I tried to edit the original comment but couldn't for some reason.

Labs settle unnecessary testing claims
By curious2   3 comments, latest 1 month ago:
curious2 says I'm waiting for AF to open up a diagnostic lab. He don't need no stinking tests to find out what's going on inside a body.

airborne antibiotic resistant bacteria
By curious2   8 comments, latest 2 months ago:
curious2 says Call it Crazy says thunderlips11 says Case in point: https://www.vetdepot.com/amoxi Cheaper than many people's co-pay for a course of two dozen of the same size pill for Bronchitis. What a racket. There's your...

Germanwings 9525
By curious2   4 comments, latest 2 months ago:
curious2 says Co-pilot ‘planned to marry pregnant girlfriend’, claims German report I wonder if he bought insurance and named the girlfriend and child as beneficiaries, and, if so, will they collect?

Danny "The News Dissector" Schechter, 1942-2015
By curious2   1 comment, latest 2 months ago:
curious2 says His work continues on MediaChannel.org.

Buy a jet for Patrick
By curious2   7 comments, latest 2 months ago:
Vicente says

Genentech, 23andme
By curious2   1 comment, latest 2 months ago:
BayAreaObserver says 23andMe grabs former Genentech science boss, will develop drugs. Richard Scheller, the former head of Genentech Inc.'s vaunted early research operation, will lead a new drug discovery team at 23andMe Inc., the Mountain...

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
By curious2   65 comments, latest 2 months ago:
dublin hillz says I think Putin had Nemtsov whacked because Nemtsov means "german" in russian and it's soon going to be 70 years since russia beat the nazis in world war 2.

New HPV vaccine more effective
By curious2   2 comments, latest 3 months ago:
mell says This will be another interesting data point to watch. It sounds formidable, but the majority of HPV infections are cleared by the body, nonetheless the claim is that it reduces the risk of...

900,000 get wrong tax info in latest Obamneycare snafu
By curious2   9 comments, latest 3 months ago:
Call it Crazy says sbh says indigenous says giving all of us healthcare Another special kind of stupid to go along with CIC. We all can't be as lucky as you and be on FREE...

Question about ISIL vs Japan
By curious2   17 comments, latest 4 months ago:
Strategist says Nobody says I don't get this. ISIS has been doing much worse stuff to everyone around the globe. And this one incident is going to make a difference? It makes a lot of...

Charlie Hebdo: cartoon violence continues
By curious2   43 comments, latest 4 months ago:
Strategist says CaptainShuddup says turtledove says Can we just outlaw religion? When you outlaw religion then only the outlaws will go to heaven. Dammit Captain, you are right. We will now need to send out...

% of SFBA buyers are international
By curious2   posted 6 months ago:
The article below includes two estimates and some data: “Maybe 20 percent of the deals in San Francisco and the Peninsula are cash overseas buyers....” The Lumina, a 656-unit luxury condominium project going up in...

Why Democrats Lost
By curious2   96 comments, latest 6 months ago:
curious2 says Since Democrats don't listen to me on this issue, please go Dislike Democratic Senator Schumer instead: "Democrats Erred by Acting on Health Care in 2010, Schumer Says *** “Unfortunately, Democrats blew the opportunity...

Page 1 of 7  Forward »

home   top   share   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net