Threads started by curious2

Why Democrats Lost
By curious2  95 comments, latest 1 week ago:
curious2 says dublin hillz says the biggest backlash to ACA must be due to costs. I quoted a 2010 article with data supporting that view, and got 3 Dislikes for my effort. A deeper issue...

Robin Williams, 1951-2014
By curious2  4 comments, latest 2 weeks ago:
curious2 says "Toxicology testing found the antidepressant Mirtazapine as well as caffeine and the Parkinson’s mediation levodopa in his blood." Mirtazapine is a prescription drug that manipulates serotonin levels in a way similar to SSRIs....

SF Cloudflare offers free SSL
By curious2  posted 1 month ago:
http://arstechnica.com/informa In a bid to secure even more of the Internet's websites through the use of secure connections, San Francisco-based content delivery network and Internet security provider CloudFlare has launched a new free service for...

Science Wednesday: sailing stones of Death Valley
By curious2  1 comment, latest 2 months ago:
Dan8267 says But that's not magic! Damn, another thing that proved the existence of god that now doesn't.

SFBA median up 12%, SF up 14%, YoY
By curious2  posted 2 months ago:
"The median price paid for a Bay Area [shack] that closed in August was $607,000. That was down 1.6 percent from July but up 12.4 percent from last August, according to CoreLogic DataQuick. The data,...

S. Truett Cathy, 1921-2014
By curious2  15 comments, latest 2 months ago:
Dan8267 says Call it Crazy says BTW, there must be a Youtube video that you can post that shows us how you feel.

Is there a creativity deficit in science?
By curious2  1 comment, latest 2 months ago:
curious2 says Two related stories. First, the bad news: according to federal projections, medical spending will nearly double within 10 years. While other parts of the economy are suffering, the medical industrial complex are looking...

Disk drive duopoly reducing supply to inflate prices
By curious2  16 comments, latest 3 months ago:
CaptainShuddup says Better upgrade now or be priced out for ever.

Oregon gives up on troubled Obamneycare exchange, joins U.S. site
By curious2  22 comments, latest 3 months ago:
gsr says monkframe says It's not that there aren't plenty of problems w/the present law - there are - but I have yet to see one alternative besides single-payer that's worth a shit. You keep...

1/4 of CA foster kids on psychotropic Rx drugs
By curious2  3 comments, latest 3 months ago:
curious2 says Quigley says Woo! Medicate for life! "Nearly 70 percent of Americans are on at least one prescription drug, and more than half take two...." With federal policies maximizing Rx prices, patients become a...

Most supermarket meat contains antibiotic resistant bacteria
By curious2  20 comments, latest 3 months ago:
bob2356 says curious2 says P.S. re your edit to add cats, I have been trying honestly to encourage Toxo Bob to get tested for T. Gondii, but in his mind he's perfect so he responds...

Hospital chain allegedly admitted patients fraudulently to make more $$$
By curious2  40 comments, latest 3 months ago:
CaptainShuddup says If you've got insurance you can get treatment you don't need. But even if you have cash, you can't get much desperately needed treatment without insurance. I know I'm missing something, we just...

Hackers steal millions' data via hospital computers
By curious2  2 comments, latest 3 months ago:
curious2 says That's a good question. All those "server errors" served data somewhere, but who knows where?

Drought: Feds cut water to Central Valley farmers
By curious2  82 comments, latest 3 months ago:
Call it Crazy says Hey, we had like 5 inches of rain last night. I have to pump out my pool. Who on the West coast wants the water? We'll just run a long hose.

Religious ritual spreads herpes to newborns
By curious2  16 comments, latest 4 months ago:
thunderlips11 says One of Hitler's Paintings Another A woodside shrine And of course,

Fox "News" is an unhealthy (and ignorant) lifestyle
By curious2  51 comments, latest 4 months ago:
indigenous says Howdy There says The multiplier effect theory has some merit in a closed economy, but is extremely complex to apply in an open one. It's worth learning from an academic standpoint, but I...

Where in the world is Casey Kasem?
By curious2  8 comments, latest 4 months ago:
curious2 says The saga continues: "A judge has granted Casey Kasem's daughter a temporary restraining order preventing the famous radio host's wife from cremating his remains, but it's unclear where those remains are or whether...

Value of S.F. property rose 6% YoY to $180 billion
By curious2  posted 4 months ago:
"Commercial and residential properties accounted for $168 billion of the tax rolls for fiscal 2014-15, with business machinery and equipment comprising the remaining $12 billion."

Smartphones start getting Infrared - at long last
By curious2  12 comments, latest 4 months ago:
curious2 says CaptainShuddup says The products we buy or see at the stores only have the features that.... support the revenue models of the cellular carriers, who are the primary customers. The FIRE economy has...

Future building with concrete bricks?
By curious2  8 comments, latest 5 months ago:
curious2 says tatupu70 says The papers I've seen highlight the environmental aspect over the improvement in concrete properties (although some do show improved fracture toughness). Grants related to the study of climate change have caused...

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 1423 milliseconds to create.