Threads started by Bellingham Bill

The Coming Health Care Economy
By Bellingham Bill  13 comments, latest 10 hours ago:
drew_eckhardt says Bellingham Bill says So college jobs are tapped out and there's not a whole lot of growth in education, though there will be a lot of replacement jobs as the boomers start retiring...

Baskin Robbins Inflation Adjustment Sale
By Bellingham Bill  posted 1 day ago:
On the 31st you can get a scoop for $1.31. BR is one of my main inflation calibrators, since them raising prices from 25c to 28c in 1975 was one of my first exposures to...

William Helm
By Bellingham Bill in Clovis CA 93612   posted 2 weeks ago:
http://www.hendersonfamilytree

Tollhouse Proprietor
By Bellingham Bill in Tollhouse CA 93667   2 comments, latest 2 weeks ago:
CaptainShuddup says History is so full of crap. Here the Tollhouse Cookie legend make it sound like they were some fly by night mom and pop operation that haphazardly stumbled upon a great cookie recipe...

FRESNO WANTS IT
By Bellingham Bill in Lakeshore CA 93634   1 comment, latest 2 weeks ago:
Bellingham Bill says

E.B. Perry
By Bellingham Bill in Lakeshore CA 93634   posted 2 weeks ago:
Each square on the map is one square mile, and E.B Perry owned a lot of Fresno County (the light reddish claims). "After service in the Civil War [on the Confederate side btw], Perrin...

Pullman Strike
By Bellingham Bill in Chicago IL 60628   posted 2 weeks ago:
Doing research for something I came across this pic: That's the US Cavalry defending a meat train leaving the Chicago Stockyards from railroad strikers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P for more

Summary of Latest Federal Tax Data is out
By Bellingham Bill in Lakeshore CA 93634   4 comments, latest 3 weeks ago:
dodgerfanjohn says marcus says Bellingham Bill says Bottom 50% still making ~11% of the national income. Funny how they do most of the work around here tho. What do you mean? They're a bunch of...

Last One Out
By Bellingham Bill in Lakeshore CA 93634   2 comments, latest 3 weeks ago:
marcus says OH, bitcoin, of course.

A Tale of Three Cities
By Bellingham Bill in Lakeshore CA 93634   posted 1 month ago:
Interesting contrast I thought; Japan is doing its Icarus impression, the US has hit stasis again (until the next leg up at least), and Norway is saying Nei to debt (well, government debt at...

Via Reddit . . . Party control of States
By Bellingham Bill in Bellingham WA 98226   4 comments, latest 2 months ago:
sbh says Robert Sproul says Alaska, Arkansas, Nebraska, and North Dakota all voted to raise minimum wages……..and also voted in Republicans. It makes you dizzy. Makes you wonder what they'll do if their governors veto...

Reading the paper this AM . . .
By Bellingham Bill in Bellingham WA 98226   16 comments, latest 2 months ago:
Call it Crazy says Bellingham Bill says should they raise their offered wage they'd be flooded with qualified applicants. What a novel idea.. Where did you think of it?? Call it Crazy says They're not...

RedFin makes it to Fresno (yeay!)
By Bellingham Bill in Bellingham WA 98226   posted 3 months ago:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Fres corner lot on a busy street but the house is certainly nice They also have listings for up in the mountains, where I'm more interested in living.

nVidia release 900 series!
By Bellingham Bill in Bellingham WA 98226   16 comments, latest 4 months ago:
marcus says Bellingham Bill says Before I discovered newegg in 2005 I really wished someone would invent it! So great having one-stop shopping and a semi-reliable review system Cool. I've never done it before, if...

Interesting early American Capitalist
By Bellingham Bill in Pingree ID 83262   3 comments, latest 4 months ago:
Quigley says thunderlips11 says 54 40 or fight! Uh, Britain is very strong. Maybe we'll settle for the 49th Parallel. Thank goodness, otherwise we'd have New Yorkers all the way to Hudson Bay!

How 'bout that X99 platform . . .
By Bellingham Bill in Bellingham WA 98226   4 comments, latest 5 months ago:
Bellingham Bill says New Renter says Wow, do you really have that much free time to play games? I lead a unified existence

Progress And Poverty
By Bellingham Bill in Bellingham WA 98226   5 comments, latest 5 months ago:
Call it Crazy says justme says And how this makes republican states like Texas look (again artficially) good by comparison. Not "artificial".... The idiots in CA just like paying 4 times what the house is...

Another FRED graph
By Bellingham Bill  posted 5 months ago:
http://research.stlouisfed.org blue is manufacturing, information, construction, and retail jobs. red is 25% of the working-age population

The Big Printer
By Bellingham Bill in Bellingham WA 98226   posted 5 months ago:
http://research.stlouisfed.org I don't know what this really means but I thought it was an interesting comparison. Back in the 70s the yen was at ~300, so this is money supply comparison of the USD...

Just another FRED graph . . .
By Bellingham Bill  6 comments, latest 5 months ago:
HEY YOU says tatupu70 says fight, fight, fight. troll, troll, troll Do you have a list of the 10 million jobs that are still in the economy?

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 12 milliseconds to create.