Threads started by Bellingham Bill

US economic growth may be mild, but its also really durable
By Bellingham Bill   1 comment, latest 3 weeks ago:
Bellingham Bill says shows how tiny the 1990 and 2000 recessions were compared to the biggie, in job terms. Employment peaked in Feb 2001 and was depressed until late 2003 (aka the "jobless recovery") For...

I think I've decided to live in a garbage truck!
By Bellingham Bill   4 comments, latest 1 month ago:
Bellingham Bill says "Talk about wasting gas and wasting heating" nah, I'd have CNG tanks on board. CNG is so cheap the drillers are just burning it off now. Seriously, when I was working for...

How The Rich Get Richer
By Bellingham Bill   24 comments, latest 1 month ago:
indigenous says Bellingham Bill says ^ per capita (15-64) health and housing costs (2009 dollars) everything else is noise! to make real money in this country, you go into RE and/or healthcare. And where does...

This Again
By Bellingham Bill   3 comments, latest 1 month ago:
Call it Crazy says CaptainShuddup says Republicans are moving to California. and the Dems are moving to NY.. no, wait... they're already there....

US Population age 20 to 29
By Bellingham Bill   12 comments, latest 1 month ago:
SoftShell says we are finally starting to out-pork the chinese... swebb says Bellingham Bill says Future is, uh, interesting: Had I et my Wheaties this morning I'd probably understand what you are getting at. I...

US vs Japan bubbles
By Bellingham Bill   5 comments, latest 1 month ago:
indigenous says tatupu70 says 2-1 that you don't even know what Bill was saying with that sentence. Projecting?

You may know Proposition 13, have you heard of 14?
By Bellingham Bill   3 comments, latest 2 months ago:
Bellingham Bill says Man that Reagan quote is this-close to becoming memory-holed. Google's got basically two decent hits on it. We should really rename all the shit that's been put in that dickhead's name. Of...

Call it Crazy deleted this comment of yours
By Bellingham Bill   14 comments, latest 2 months ago:
thunderlips11 says lostand confused says Don't forget the giant free trade deal Obama is negotiating in secret. I mean the dude is a constitutional scholar and he negotiates in secret-for six years almost now-the biggest...

Housing Tops Out Finally
By Bellingham Bill   posted 2 months ago:
http://research.stlouisfed.org plateau or peak??

Map tool thingy
By Bellingham Bill   1 comment, latest 2 months ago:
Bellingham Bill says

The Bubble In Perspective
By Bellingham Bill   23 comments, latest 2 months ago:
thunderlips11 says Bellingham Bill says "Biotech, which was defined broadly to include work on drugs, medical devices, research/testing, and agricultural chemicals/feedstocks, gained 96,000 total jobs in the U.S. over the decade from 2001 to 2010,...

The Third Wave
By Bellingham Bill   posted 2 months ago:
http://research.stlouisfed.org Coming Soon To An Economy Near You!

The Coming Health Care Economy
By Bellingham Bill   13 comments, latest 2 months ago:
drew_eckhardt says Bellingham Bill says So college jobs are tapped out and there's not a whole lot of growth in education, though there will be a lot of replacement jobs as the boomers start retiring...

Baskin Robbins Inflation Adjustment Sale
By Bellingham Bill   posted 3 months ago:
On the 31st you can get a scoop for $1.31. BR is one of my main inflation calibrators, since them raising prices from 25c to 28c in 1975 was one of my first exposures to...

William Helm
http://www.hendersonfamilytree

Tollhouse Proprietor
By Bellingham Bill   2 comments, latest 3 months ago:
CaptainShuddup says History is so full of crap. Here the Tollhouse Cookie legend make it sound like they were some fly by night mom and pop operation that haphazardly stumbled upon a great cookie recipe...

FRESNO WANTS IT
By Bellingham Bill   1 comment, latest 3 months ago:
Bellingham Bill says

E.B. Perry
Each square on the map is one square mile, and E.B Perry owned a lot of Fresno County (the light reddish claims). "After service in the Civil War [on the Confederate side btw], Perrin...

Pullman Strike
Doing research for something I came across this pic: That's the US Cavalry defending a meat train leaving the Chicago Stockyards from railroad strikers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P for more

Summary of Latest Federal Tax Data is out
By Bellingham Bill   4 comments, latest 3 months ago:
dodgerfanjohn says marcus says Bellingham Bill says Bottom 50% still making ~11% of the national income. Funny how they do most of the work around here tho. What do you mean? They're a bunch of...

Page 1 of 5  Forward »

home   top   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net