Threads started by Bellingham Bill

My first apartment in Tokyo is on the market . . .
By Bellingham Bill in Bellingham WA 98226   10 comments, latest 4 days ago:
Bellingham Bill says

What A Country
By Bellingham Bill  7 comments, latest 1 week ago:
The Original Bankster says elliemae says Not everyone who rides a bus is on welfare. finally i agree with elliemae

Nice Place . . .
By Bellingham Bill in Orcas WA 98280   2 comments, latest 2 weeks ago:
Ceffer says I don't know, homeowner's dues of $30 a month for a four million dollar home sounds a little high.

A Tale of Two Economies
By Bellingham Bill in Bellingham WA 98226   16 comments, latest 2 weeks ago:
CL says iwog says sbh says We could do the neighborly thing and export all our millennials. If it helps re-balance the labor supply I'll fetch my own scones for a half a generation. I'm...

This Is Why We're Broke
By Bellingham Bill in Bellingham WA 98226   38 comments, latest 2 months ago:
curious2 says E-man says Foreigners would own us if our market crashed like 1929. It's a global economy now I can't help suspecting that was a reason for the extraordinary bailouts and QE: following the...

Japan Rental Apartment
By Bellingham Bill in Bellingham WA 98226   5 comments, latest 3 months ago:
Bellingham Bill says Reality says The high licensing fees for car ownership is designed to limit individual mobility This is not how life in the sticks is. Cars aren't that expensive, they have a special...

The Mind of the 1%
By Bellingham Bill in Bellingham WA 98226   132 comments, latest 3 months ago:
FortWayne says turtledove says Why she feels compelled to tape him and make it public is another story. She already made that public, she was asked to record him. So just look at whoever is...

Hey A Nice RV!
By Bellingham Bill in Bellingham WA 98226   10 comments, latest 4 months ago:
Bellingham Bill says same truck, making the argument for 4WD: seems like 4WD pays for itself by its ability to avoid pay-per-night campgrounds. not to mention the better views

Bitcoin breaks the flag/pennant/whatever
By Bellingham Bill in Bellingham WA 98226   3 comments, latest 4 months ago:
sbh says Yeah, I'm an ass man, and especially when it comes to stock patterns, the rounded bottom is a real winner. Oooooh baby! The XAU looks even rounder. Mmmmmmm.......

My Letter to Paul Krugman
By Bellingham Bill in Bellingham WA 98226   posted 4 months ago:
On Redistribution Aside from wealth disparity there is opportunity disparity, and the asymmetric flows to capital vs. labor. What is ignored in today's discourse is WHERE and HOW the top 5% is getting their 33%...

Obama The Clown
By Bellingham Bill in Bellingham WA 98226   9 comments, latest 4 months ago:
Ceffer says It must be a Goldman's Sack skid mark on his nose.

Now We're Talking . . .
By Bellingham Bill in Bellingham WA 98226   7 comments, latest 4 months ago:
Bellingham Bill says http://knowledgeutopia.wordpre heh

Ideas for 2016 GOP Platform
By Bellingham Bill in Bellingham WA 98226   10 comments, latest 4 months ago:
Ceffer says 40. Mandate that MillXYers, even with Phds and massive amounts of student debt, can only get jobs as golf cart mechanics and changing diapers for baby boomers.

The Other Shoe Drops with "ObamaCare"
By Bellingham Bill in Fresno CA 93711   26 comments, latest 4 months ago:
mmmarvel says carrieon says Obamacare was intended to fail and default to a single-payer system And anyone who thought differently ... basically wasn't thinking. carrieon says Then, if the single-payer system has any sense, they'll...

Nothing Happens if Russia Dumps its U.S. Treasury Holdings
By Bellingham Bill in Bellingham WA 98226   4 comments, latest 5 months ago:
sbh says E-man says I agree. Nothing will happen. That's what the Buddhist economist said.

My Economics Manifesto
By Bellingham Bill in Bellingham WA 98226   47 comments, latest 6 months ago:
Reality says curious2 says Reality says That's the same big-government Hoover that brought you the Great Depression. You should really read some history. President Hoover was a laissez-faire capitalist, "self-made," and one of the richest...

Tax Foundation latest income tax data is out, for 2011
By Bellingham Bill in Bellingham WA 98226   10 comments, latest 7 months ago:
Bellingham Bill says thomaswong.1986 says Therefore new industries are made, jobs created and continue to grow even when HH is long long gone. we're not in a capital-constrained regime any more, and private money has...

Turning the Corner
By Bellingham Bill in Bellingham WA 98226   2 comments, latest 7 months ago:
Bellingham Bill says consumer debt over wages: http://research.stlouisfed.org Systemic leverage: http://research.stlouisfed.org

Japan Per-Capita Gov't Debt vs. US
By Bellingham Bill  1 comment, latest 7 months ago:
Bellingham Bill says Japan's age 25-54 population is going to fall by 40% (from the 2000 peak) by 2040, too. Quite a curious puzzle, that debt. They need the yen at 200 to just get...

Random Thoughts on Demographics
By Bellingham Bill in Bellingham WA 98226   2 comments, latest 8 months ago:
Bellingham Bill says HEY YOU says illusionary global consumer economy is it illusory? GDP is $48,000 per man, woman and child: http://research.stlouisfed.org granted, that's in the US, and we're something of a global charity case...

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 118 milliseconds to create.