Threads started by Rin

Addendum: No Kids and now, generally losing interest in women
By Rin  249 comments, latest 5 days ago:
Rin says Indiana Jones says I ask this because when people are in love, they often want to share their lives with the other person. This means physically, socially, emotionally and yes, financially. Have you...

Reference material for my loss of interest in dating women thread
By Rin  178 comments, latest 6 days ago:
thunderlips11 says I can't help but to imagine some true love believin' single cat-hoardin' 40-somethin' singing this to herself reading this thread:

This is for SoftShell ...
By Rin  5 comments, latest 1 week ago:
Rin says Every now and then, someone needs to be taught a lesson. Realize, Reality and I don't see things eye to eye, but we know how to engage in a Jib-Jab way.

I've decided not to have kids
By Rin  306 comments, latest 1 week ago:
Heraclitusstudent says Reality says I hope you do realize, at the time of Moses, the "government" was the Pharoah. Nope, Moses was the leader (and so "government") of the Hebrews the minute they fled Egypt....

WTF, MBA coders, are b-schools this useless?
By Rin  15 comments, latest 2 weeks ago:
Blurtman says Rin says Dan8267 says How about recognizing that a skilled programmer can do anything an MBA can? You're thinking of the wrong placement, these are actors not programmers. What you want are actors,...

16-year-old with 3 associate degrees gets perfect SAT score
By Rin  73 comments, latest 2 weeks ago:
ttsmyf says Thanks much for the post Rin. Bet that guy is smarter than I am. And perhaps he is interested in straightening out civilization, if he knows how to bring these USA histories widely...

Memo to College Grads: Quitting Your Job Is a Great Career Move
By Rin  3 comments, latest 3 weeks ago:
CaptainShuddup says I was looking for a job when I found this one. Has always been my motto.

Ann Coulter turns interest in World Cup into a multiculturalism bashing issue.
By Rin  137 comments, latest 1 month ago:
JH says corntrollio says JH says This is also why hockey is not popular...you have to stay glued to your seat. Yeah, but hockey has two halftimes. :) Haha, yep, it is the more patriotic...

Why do ppl promote the lie, 'Money Doesn't Bring Happiness' ?
By Rin  192 comments, latest 1 month ago:
Rin says New Renter says I doubt someone with several billion in assets will have a boost in long term happiness from an extra few million Sure, this is true for the typical billionaire. For...

Millennials will be the 1st generation to see the end of work
By Rin  121 comments, latest 2 months ago:
Rin says Strategist says So where will the jobs be? Reference loop to an alternate thread on robots http://www.patrick.net/forum/?

Artificial Wombs: A new paradise or dystopia?
By Rin  5 comments, latest 2 months ago:
John Bailo says marcus says sperm and eggs in some sort of suspended state More efficient might be to skip the cell entirely and just develop some superstrong viral DNA that could float freely in...

Another plea for ppl to attend graduate school
By Rin  55 comments, latest 2 months ago:
Strategist says zzyzzx says LOL. They not only want a bachelors degree, but also 1 or 2 years experience. A recent college graduate need not apply.

Our neighbors to the north ... aren't exactly doing too great
By Rin  6 comments, latest 3 months ago:
Dan8267 says APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says Invade Canada and baptize them. Don't Canadians melt if exposed to water?

The happiest profession is being independently wealthy
By Rin  67 comments, latest 3 months ago:
Rin says New Renter says ...Records for 1447 note a brothel in Westminster called the “Maidenshead”, which was much frequented by Benedictines. With up to 12 pounds pocket money a year , the monks could...

Someone says the truth about college
By Rin in Menlo Park CA 94025   7 comments, latest 3 months ago:
Strategist says Patrick says i've noticed a distinct trend in programming jobs where lots of people without degrees are getting hired because of that they know and can do, as they prove during a day...

The cultural inability to hide from spouting STEM shortage
By Rin  3 comments, latest 3 months ago:
New Renter says Rin says New Renter says How come hedge fund manager didn't make the list? I think Martin Scorsese's "Wolf of Wall St" has PCed the yahoo writers. Unfortunately, making the kind of...

Passing of young Yale graduate is not an inspiration for ppl
By Rin  6 comments, latest 3 months ago:
Rin says Quigley says People go to Ivy League schools so they can get hedge fund jobs and corporate lawyer jobs and high business jobs after college. That's what those schools are for. Yes, now...

My plan to restore science & engineering in America
By Rin  93 comments, latest 4 months ago:
Rin says A bit dated but some nice rants on how engineering sucks as a career ... http://tripleperiod.blogspot.c

I'd like to call BS on Anderson Cooper's lack of Vandy inheritance
By Rin  6 comments, latest 4 months ago:
drew_eckhardt says Anderson Cooper reportedly earns $11M/year from CNN, and was still earning seven figures before his move there in 2007 which supposedly doubled his salary from $2M to $4M. The guy has enough money...

STEM shortage myth
By Rin  16 comments, latest 4 months ago:
adarmiento says Rin says Corporate America, are the liars who're putting out these shortage myths, so that they can justify the offshoring and the H1-B program, while lowering salaries for everyone across the board. Very...

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 65 milliseconds to create.