Threads started by corntrollio

835 San Pier Ct, Sunnyvale
By corntrollio  17 comments, latest 2 weeks ago:
Strategist says exfatguy says ... and SOLD to the buyer on the phone! The nice man from Shanghai with $10 million in his wallet.

A Nation of Takers
By corntrollio  posted 3 weeks ago:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03 Great article by Mr. Kristof today. Here are five public welfare programs that are wasteful and turning us into a nation of “takers.” First, welfare subsidies for private planes. [...] Second, welfare subsidies for...

Hallelujah!
By corntrollio  10 comments, latest 1 month ago:
APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch says SATAN IS FUCKING HOMO FRED PHELPS IN THE ASS RIGHT NOW AND FRED'S SMILING AND HOWLING 'MY MAMA LOVE ME GOOD!'

Why do ignorant people capitalize FED as if it were an acronym?
By corntrollio  15 comments, latest 2 months ago:
indigenous says General Grant's secretary went to President Lincoln telling Lincoln that he had to do something about Grant as he was an alcoholic. Lincoln replied, find out what he is drinking and send a...

Where do people who don't pay income tax live?
By corntrollio  posted 1 year ago:
Mostly places that will vote for Romney, ironically, but not surprisingly: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ 1. Mississippi Total Returns: 1,283,495 Returns With Income Tax Liability: 712,035 Returns With No Income Tax Liability: 571,460 Nonpayers: 44.5% 2. Georgia Total...

Congress to raise FHA loan limit, but not Freddie/Fannie limit?
By corntrollio  10 comments, latest 2 years ago:
This is very disappointing. I have a feeling that the artificial supports will never be removed and prices will never be affordable in the high cost areas. I wrote my congresswoman to oppose the extension...

Tax Rate History Since Reagan
By corntrollio  posted 2 years ago:
Thought I'd repost this from the Real Estate thread: Pre-1986 Reagan 0% 11% 12% 14% 16% 18% 22% 25% 28% 33% 38% 42% 45% 49% 50% Reagan 1986-1987 11% 15% 28% 35% 38.5% Reagan 1988-...

Why is there no shortage of engineers?
By corntrollio  65 comments, latest 2 years ago:
thunderlips11 says Which is odd, because at that salary, you're offering well above the 90th percentile in terms of salary for all Software Engineers. Yes, we are. That's what you do in order to hire...

threads not being unmarked as new properly?
By corntrollio  10 comments, latest 2 years ago:
corntrollio says Nothing that I see right now, good work on the site, as usual.

Brazilians think the US is a good business environment
By corntrollio  3 comments, latest 2 years ago:
pkennedy says They did a piece in Sao Paulo, where they added up the taxes a company would owe if they paid honestly. And don't forget payments to dishonest parties, i.e. bribes.

If only the Clinton Surplus had continued, we might be debt free next year
By corntrollio  12 comments, latest 2 years ago:
HousingWatcher says Bush imposed more regulations at this point in his presidency than Obama has. That is a fact. The Patriot Act. No Child Left Behind. Sarbanes Oxley. The list goes on.

Alabama Economy Being Hurt by New Anti-Immigrant Law
By corntrollio  14 comments, latest 2 years ago:
zzyzzx says Interesting how the liberal media conveniently forgets about all the unemployed American construction workers, restaurant workers, hotel workers, and janitors who will be able to get jobs in Alabama now.

Nevada is a failed GOP Paradise
By corntrollio  56 comments, latest 2 years ago:
uomo_senza_nome says mdovell says Don Imus said before on his show that if someone cannot change their mind then what are they supposed to do? If someone votes say..for a war does that really mean...

Actual Demographics of Occupy Wall Street
By corntrollio  5 comments, latest 2 years ago:
corntrollio says EightBall says This was a web survey of people visiting the occupy wall street web site. Reporting this as factual or on par with a real "poll" is as disingenuous as touting a...

This guy should have no trouble paying big money in Silicon Valley...
By corntrollio  posted 2 years ago:
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs eBay's Home Economics. To lure Thomson Reuters executive Devin Wenig to move across the country and take a post as President of eBay Marketplaces, the giant internet firm offered some nice goodies: a salary...

hottest career in these economic times: change your name to Jeeves
By corntrollio  4 comments, latest 2 years ago:
don says Obama can say, "We are all servants now." As bad as Obama is, our "servitude" isn't his fault. It's Reagan's. The great widening of the rich-poor gap started with his policies. In fact,...

New Yorkers Support Occupy Wall Street
By corntrollio  4 comments, latest 2 years ago:
The GOP says the kids in the tents all looked college kids. You don't think that FIU or MDC or FAU students have a legit concern about the economic health of the country, considering they...

Examples from Occupy SF that Occupy Wall Street isn't far from the Tea Party
By corntrollio  1 comment, latest 2 years ago:
Yeah but the difference is those pissed off White folks, don't know they are riled up about. Can we call them "Wall bangers"? Or should we wait and reserve that until the right co-Opts them?

GE to build largest US solar factory
By corntrollio  7 comments, latest 2 years ago:
In other words, instead of accepting govt. welfare from the right hand, GE will be accepting it from the left hand.

Counterpoint: Criticizing Loan Guarantees to Solyndra is Missing the Boat
By corntrollio  3 comments, latest 2 years ago:
EBGuy says Controllio, you were doing all right until you started editorializing. I get your point but the fact of the matter is VCs are not making loans. They get equity stakes for their investment....

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 74 milliseconds to create.