threads started by turtledove

Ebola 'lives on in eye of US survivor'
By turtledove   2 comments, latest 2 months ago:
curious2 says This week, Frontline broadcast an excellent report on the Ebola Outbreak. They concluded that the epidemic had ended primarily because local people in the affected countries changed their behavior, specifically reducing contact with...

Google just revealed it's paying its new CFO $70m
By turtledove   47 comments, latest 4 months ago:
Rin says indigenous says Property rights are fundamental to growth in an economy. After all, is it stealing if no one owns anything? Read through that list, all of our outsourcing partners are ranked below...

We're on a WikiLeaks diplomatic cable! Not sure how I feel about that...
By turtledove   2 comments, latest 4 months ago:
thunderlips11 says turtledove says Anyway... It's left me with a really strange feeling. Like, what lists are we on? That's just the tip of the iceberg. On the other hand, they have so much data,...

This first-grade readiness checklist from 1979
By turtledove   35 comments, latest 4 months ago:
FortWayne says turtledove says But the idea of a kindergartener walking "four to eight blocks" alone? Crossing streets? Turning corners? Even though I suspect I did it myself, I can't get my head around it....

Man wins 39k over IVF baby deceit -- Lost and Confused, this is for you!
By turtledove   10 comments, latest 4 months ago:
justme says sbh says In advance of changing "in the best interest of the child" laws, perhaps it's time to bring back a mandatory dowry in the form of a bond purchased by the bride...

Email server for sale
By turtledove   49 comments, latest 4 months ago:
CL says CL says Without Google I'd wager you can't remember all the fake scandals or their faux import. Still waiting. Can you remember what the big scandals were and their import? A failed land...

EPA can't tell if its climate models are correct
By turtledove   19 comments, latest 5 months ago:
just_passing_through says sbh says If climate change is real then there is no cost that prohibits combating it: none. If it's real, do it with your own money Donkey Hotey. Let the smarter folks invest...

Hillary Clinton Used Personal Email Account at State Dept.
By turtledove   105 comments, latest 5 months ago:
thunderlips11 says turtledove says Just look at how the military feels about adultery among its officers. If caught, there are consequences. Why wouldn't the Commander in Chief be held to the same standard? You mean...

How low can you go? Sweden cuts interest rates to zero
By turtledove   41 comments, latest 5 months ago:
Reality says thunderlips11 says First clue of your problem: you were looking up non-farm labor, for a time period when the vast majority (close to 80% of the population at the beginning of that time...

21-Year-Old Sues Parents to Pay College Tuition -- And Wins!
By turtledove   83 comments, latest 8 months ago:
thunderlips11 says BTW, Guess who got knocked up by whom in an unplanned pregnancy during college during their sophomore/junior year?

Dallas County prosecutor considering criminal charges against Ebola patient
By turtledove   4 comments, latest 10 months ago:
Robert Sproul says Yeah, good thinking. Reminds me of the practice of arresting overdosed junkies….and the friends that brought to the hospital. Leading of course to the dump 'em in the alley overdose protocol.

Spectre of 1929 crash looms over FTSE 100
By turtledove   posted 11 months ago:
The spectre of the 1929 stock market crash looms large for UK investors as traders borrow record amounts to invest in rising stock markets. Nothing has been learnt from the madness of the 1929 stock...

China Cracking Down on Money Laundering to Buy Real Estate in CA
By turtledove   5 comments, latest 1 year ago:
Peter P says I think it's smoke and mirror. Official media is no less deceptive than for-profit media.

Chelsea Manning to get sex change treatments at military lockup
By turtledove   45 comments, latest 1 year ago:
mmmarvel says HEY YOU says Doesn't matter what sex I am,the Democrat & Republican voters are constantly fucking me. Ah, you're a bisexual, bi-party sexual toy, thanks for clearing that up.

The New Water Barons: Wall Street Mega-Banks are Buying up the Worlds Water
By turtledove   17 comments, latest 1 year ago:
Rin says The solution is to live on a boat, 15 miles off shore in International waters. Collect the water in dark bottles and then, setup a Fresnel lens and start to distill the ocean...

How Italy became a submerging economy
By turtledove   82 comments, latest 1 year ago:
New Renter says Bellingham Bill says I don't see why it can't support 100 billion people eventually. Depends - is everyone willing to spend their lives treating the earth like the spaceship it is? That...

Woman goes from H-cup to O-cup trying to look like Jessica Rabbit
By turtledove   21 comments, latest 1 year ago:
sbh says "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap."

For sale: Small South Dakota town, bar included
By turtledove   19 comments, latest 1 year ago:
New Renter says turtledove says New Renter says You'll get slapped with a string of expensive lawsuits by disability and nutty religious rights activist organizations I forgot to mention... No lawyers allowed. We'll just dismiss...

Failing world banks prepare to steal your savings
By turtledove   62 comments, latest 1 year ago:
bob2356 says Strategist says If they confiscated a landlord's home for someone doing drugs, no landlord would want to be in the business. The motel example above had a history drug abuse and the owner...

Some women buying used pregnancy tests to entrap men
By turtledove   175 comments, latest 1 year ago:
corntrollio says iwog says In the lab birth control pills are almost 100% effective. (CDC claims .05% failure rate for implants) BCPs make the failure rate for IUDs look shockingly high. But again, I'm talking...

Page 1 of 3  Forward »

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best of   about   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net