Threads started by turtledove

How low can you go? Sweden cuts interest rates to zero
By turtledove  posted 3 days ago:
The world's oldest central bank has slashed interest rates to a record low of 0pc as it battles to ward off deflation. Sweden's Riksbank decided to cut its benchmark "repo rate" by 25 basis points...

Dallas County prosecutor considering criminal charges against Ebola patient
By turtledove  4 comments, latest 3 weeks ago:
Robert Sproul says Yeah, good thinking. Reminds me of the practice of arresting overdosed junkies….and the friends that brought to the hospital. Leading of course to the dump 'em in the alley overdose protocol.

Spectre of 1929 crash looms over FTSE 100
By turtledove  posted 2 months ago:
The spectre of the 1929 stock market crash looms large for UK investors as traders borrow record amounts to invest in rising stock markets. Nothing has been learnt from the madness of the 1929 stock...

China Cracking Down on Money Laundering to Buy Real Estate in CA
By turtledove  5 comments, latest 2 months ago:
Peter P says I think it's smoke and mirror. Official media is no less deceptive than for-profit media.

Chelsea Manning to get sex change treatments at military lockup
By turtledove  45 comments, latest 2 months ago:
mmmarvel says HEY YOU says Doesn't matter what sex I am,the Democrat & Republican voters are constantly fucking me. Ah, you're a bisexual, bi-party sexual toy, thanks for clearing that up.

The New Water Barons: Wall Street Mega-Banks are Buying up the Worlds Water
By turtledove  17 comments, latest 2 months ago:
Rin says The solution is to live on a boat, 15 miles off shore in International waters. Collect the water in dark bottles and then, setup a Fresnel lens and start to distill the ocean...

How Italy became a submerging economy
By turtledove  82 comments, latest 3 months ago:
New Renter says Bellingham Bill says I don't see why it can't support 100 billion people eventually. Depends - is everyone willing to spend their lives treating the earth like the spaceship it is? That...

Woman goes from H-cup to O-cup trying to look like Jessica Rabbit
By turtledove  21 comments, latest 4 months ago:
sbh says "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap."

For sale: Small South Dakota town, bar included
By turtledove  19 comments, latest 4 months ago:
New Renter says turtledove says New Renter says You'll get slapped with a string of expensive lawsuits by disability and nutty religious rights activist organizations I forgot to mention... No lawyers allowed. We'll just dismiss...

Failing world banks prepare to steal your savings
By turtledove  62 comments, latest 4 months ago:
bob2356 says Strategist says If they confiscated a landlord's home for someone doing drugs, no landlord would want to be in the business. The motel example above had a history drug abuse and the owner...

Some women buying used pregnancy tests to entrap men
By turtledove  175 comments, latest 5 months ago:
corntrollio says iwog says In the lab birth control pills are almost 100% effective. (CDC claims .05% failure rate for implants) BCPs make the failure rate for IUDs look shockingly high. But again, I'm talking...

Looks like some RE investors are returning to SF
By turtledove  2 comments, latest 5 months ago:
dublin hillz says This was pretty much the strategy of archstone apts b4 they got bought out. Buy properties in areas with premium job markets and constrained supply.

Quick reality check.... CA state testing
By turtledove  7 comments, latest 6 months ago:
rufita11 says I asked about how babies were made at 4, so my mom gave me a book with pictures. I went ahead and shared it with all my friends, including our fundamentalist neighbor. My...

San Diego woman outbid of her dream home exacts strange vengeance
By turtledove  40 comments, latest 7 months ago:
rufita11 says Heraclitusstudent says The story doesn't say if they asked the lady to sign a contract, like honest pervs would do. No one said anything about the story saying the ad was a contract....

College Students Scared Straight
By turtledove  16 comments, latest 8 months ago:
mmmarvel says Call it Crazy says swebb says I say parents who "get it" and don't have their heads up their vicarious living, keep up with the Joneses, competitive, striving, brag-about-your-offspring-to-c asses....do exist! Unfortunately, they...

A Robust Housing Recovery? Not So Fast
By turtledove  167 comments, latest 8 months ago:
iwog says Bellingham Bill says Not knowing how screwed things are is a better condition. We're not actually that screwed, at least as far as death by debt is concerned. High government spending is replacing...

Britain: Filling a Hole With Real Estate
By turtledove  14 comments, latest 8 months ago:
indigenous says bgamall4 says So we all end up like Greece, the entire world? Yup, until it collapses... ceptin it is gunna be world wide, save the countries without debt as they don't have anything...

The White House Promises There Will Be No Obamacare Bailout
By turtledove  8 comments, latest 8 months ago:
turtledove says FortWayne says They'll just funnel it through some other financial gimmick. Where do I sign up for a $5.5 billion check for failing? Put me down for that, too.

You Think The Deficit Is Bad? Federal Unfunded Liabilities Exceed $127 Trillion
By turtledove  16 comments, latest 8 months ago:
humanity says Iosef V HydroCabron says Pensions that can't be covered will be reduced. Also, whatever Forbes says, pension payments are not a barrier to economic growth; wealthy people stashing cash in the Caymans is....

Gold Fix Study Shows Signs of Decade of Bank Manipulation
By turtledove  9 comments, latest 8 months ago:
turtledove says New Renter says it seemed to me at the time the one thing these guys DID to right was to start a movement to take deposits out of major banks. I did. New...

Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 87 milliseconds to create.