What's so funny about Tea, Race and understanding?

By Done!   Follow   Tue, 27 Sep 2011, 9:16am   2,893 views   23 comments
Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

FortWayne says

At this time I agree with the Tea Party. Government needs to stop handing my tax dollars to Solyndra types just because their executive knows whose ass to kiss in Washington to get $500,000,000.00 tax dollars.

That's why they get so much support from people that would other wise wish they weren't in politics. Well that and the Liberals projection of anyone not with the Liberal cause is a White middle aged Racist.

While ignoring the fact that there's plenty of Black people in the GOP and some that are Tea Party members. Of course not the Welfare Blacks, or inner city poor on the Liberal teet, as they wouldn't bite the hand that feeds them.
But most independent blacks that have the where at all and the confidence they can make their own way, in business, the enterprise or otherwise, aren't Liberals.

The audacity of Obama over the week end telling the Black Caucus, to "Sit down, shut up, take off your slippers and put on your marching shoes, stop whining, and stop crying!" He sounded like a demented Howard Stern's dad. I was waiting for him to go into "The Bear went over the mountain"

All of that being said. I had the displeasure of spending a brutal afternoon last Saturday with the most obnoxious Tea Party person you would ever have the displeasure of meeting. I host a musical jam over at my house on some Saturdays. Last Saturday, the guy that plays Bass, asked me if he could bring over his friend Benny.

I figured more the merrier, and had no problem with that. The first thing when he gets to my house, was he wanted me to play his protest CD, he said he sent to "Fox and Friends" and they wouldn't play it, then went into a whole conspiracy as to why.
I told him I didn't have a CD player set up in my jam room, we ended up playing it live.
My god, it was Glen Beck on crack rapping(not singing) every Fox buzzword and talking point in the last ten years. It was brutal.

Latter during a break, he was harping that Obama is a Muslim and then went into a rant that had Muslims as the Wizard behind the curtain of the Illuminati, well at least it wasn't the Jews this time. He went on and on from one grand conspiracy to the next. And obscure conspiracies that you can't do anything about even if they were true.

Finally I told him that's the problem with America, every one is over complicating the problems, by obfuscating them to these elaborate conspiracies than can't either be proven or dis-proven. Instead of addressing the immediate problems, following the bread crumbs by at least investigating and prosecuting the people that we know are operating in a conflict of interest. Right now when there's a rumble from the masses, it's congress or the Senate that calls the perps into a committee hearing. It's these people that most suspect are behind or support the corporatacracy and the theft and fraud that is so rampant. The Senate or Congressional committees are the last people that want to get to the bottom of the matter. When was the last time the Attorney General investigated Wall Street bankers? It should be the AG investigating Soylendra, it should have been the AG and the SEC investigating the Commodities in 08, it should have been the AG that investigated AIG, BOFA and all of the other banks when they collapsed.
There is so many crimes right under our noses and we all know it, but we shove them away into an elaborate fantasy world. Or international clandestine conspiracies, with Bush breaking Champagne with Osama the day before 911.

Of course none of this got through to him, to tell the truth, I never actually got to tell him these things. As he was constantly interrupting me, telling me to Google this and Google that.

BUT!!! And now this is very important, and is the whole point of this post.

Benny was not a Racist, he never once said about a bad word about anyone but Muslims. Infact he was a Christian pro Israel, and had a demented rant on Palestine's UN bid for statehood.

Viewing Comments 1-23 of 23     Last »     See most liked comments

1. Nomograph

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    104 threads
    2,848 comments

1   9:24am Tue 27 Sep 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Tenouncetrout says

Latter during a break, he was harping that Obama is a Muslim and then went into a rant that had Muslims as the Wizard behind the curtain of the Illuminati, well at least it wasn't the Jews this time. He went on and on from one grand conspiracy to the next. And obscure conspiracies that you can't do anything about even if they were true.

That's pretty much the Tea Party in a nutshell.

FortWayne, I mean ChrisLA, err, I mean EMan, oh wait no EncinoMan says

I agree with the Tea Party.

No surprise there.

2. simchaland

Follow
    Befriend (6)
    10 threads
    1,234 comments
    Oakland, CA

2   9:26am Tue 27 Sep 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Wake n' bake again?

J/K... Anyway... Bigotry has no party. Saying that, I found that your grouping of "blacks" into "welfare blacks" and "blacks who can take care of themselves" is racist. You don't have to use slurs to be racist.

Racism is a system of oppression that permeates every level of our society. In this system there are some core beliefs. And one of them is about splitting African Americans up into "worth something" and "not worth something" groups.

Your guest's hatred of muslims points to bigotry that seems to be a hallmark of the Tea Party.

3. Done!

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    159 threads
    2,826 comments

3   9:26am Tue 27 Sep 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Nomograph says

That's pretty much the Tea Party in a nutshell.

But I thought it was Racist that was the Tea Party in a Nutshell?

4. Done!

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    159 threads
    2,826 comments

4   9:30am Tue 27 Sep 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

simchaland says

Wake n' bake again?

Nah, I normally wait, until I'm well into my code before I do that.
    I'm still in morning pamper mode with my coffee right now.

5. simchaland

Follow
    Befriend (6)
    10 threads
    1,234 comments
    Oakland, CA

5   9:35am Tue 27 Sep 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Tenouncetrout says

simchaland says

Wake n' bake again?

Nah, I normally wait, until I'm well into my code before I do that.

I'm still in morning pamper mode with my coffee right now.

Lol, sorry. I couldn't resist. I edited to add some actual content that wasn't simply a snarky remark.

6. Done!

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    159 threads
    2,826 comments

6   1:06pm Tue 27 Sep 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

They aren't racist, they are pissed off lunatics.

It's just when middle aged white men are pissed it's called being racist, when other segments are angry, it's called protesting.

7. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    258 threads
    5,686 comments
    Davis, CA

7   2:02pm Tue 27 Sep 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Tenouncetrout says

Benny was not a Racist, he never once said about a bad word about anyone but Muslims. Infact he was a Christian pro Israel, and had a demented rant on Palestine's UN bid for statehood.

OK I'll buy it. There are probably some Teabaggers who are not racists at all.

Not even a little uncomfortable if their sister or daughter married a black man.

Sure I'll cede this point. However there's a whole Bag O' Crazy there, and that's my real complaint with Tea Party. It's every Birther and Truther and just "don't even know what original Tea Party was about" that's the part that gets me.

8. corntrollio

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    39 threads
    3,112 comments

8   3:48pm Tue 27 Sep 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Vicente says

It's every Birther and Truther and just "don't even know what original Tea Party was about" that's the part that gets me.

Well, don't forget their insistence on things be "constitutional" where "constitutional" means "I agree with it." Most Teabaggers are like this guy:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-man-passionate-defender-of-what-he-imagines-c,2849/

In addition, it's pretty hilarious (and not unexpected) that 47% of Teabaggers don't' pay federal income tax, yet almost all of them constantly refer to people spending "our" money and talking as if they're experts on tax policy even though they don't realize they pay nothing.

9. FortWayne

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    159 threads
    5,325 comments

9   9:02pm Tue 27 Sep 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

That Solyndra case is just a highlight of the favor swaps that goes on in Washington. Tea Party or not, it doesn't take a detective to see the cronyism in that deal.

10. Nomograph

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    104 threads
    2,848 comments

10   10:22pm Tue 27 Sep 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

FortWayne, I mean ChrisLA, err, I mean EMan, oh wait no EncinoMan says says

That Solyndra case

Hate to burst your bubble, but your hero Reagan still holds the record for government scandal; almost 140 administration officials were investigated, indicted, and convicted during his watch. Oh, and don't forget about Reagan's bank bailout (handout) to the tune of 160 BILLION dollars.

11. Done!

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    159 threads
    2,826 comments

11   7:24am Wed 28 Sep 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Nomograph says

Hate to burst your bubble, but your hero Reagan still holds the record for government scandal; almost 140 administration officials were investigated, indicted, and convicted during his watch. Oh, and don't forget about Reagan's bank bailout (handout) to the tune of 160 BILLION dollars.

Big Fucking so what, what does Regan have to do with Solyndra and Obama's administration shady dealing. Especially when you got the Left pushing every thing green on people. Not because it's better, not because it's cheaper, and not because it better for anyone but the few lobbyist paying to the politicians to put their company on the take.

For a Doctor that's the dumbest rebuttal I've ever heard.

"What about Ben Franklin he got Syphilis?"

We're talking about Solyndra now, stopping Washington corruption has to stop somewhere.

12. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    369 threads
    19,503 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

12   8:58am Wed 28 Sep 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

Tenouncetrout says

We're talking about Solyndra now, stopping Washington corruption has to stop somewhere.

George Bush lost $12 billion in cash to insurgents in Iraq. He had it loaded on pallets, shipped into the war zone, and it evaporated.

I'd bet some serious money that you never gave a shit about a sum of money that exceeds the Solyndra money by a factor of 24 and might have involved pure criminal theft instead of some favoritism or government mismanagement.

I wonder why that is?

(not really)

It's easy to be a Republican tool if you delete the negatives column for the Republicans and delete the positives column for the Democrats.

13. Done!

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    159 threads
    2,826 comments

13   9:28am Wed 28 Sep 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

iwog says

George Bush lost $12 billion in cash to insurgents in Iraq. He had it loaded on pallets, shipped into the war zone, and it evaporated.

Well then let's put him on the shit list too. But damn it, countering a claim of inpropriety with "What about him?" as to negate any wrong doing. Is why fraud and corruption is so rampant and getting more out of control.

It's as if we accept, "Well if this person has stole shit loads of money in the past, then it must be legal that the current son of a bitch is doing it. There's precedence. "

It makes no sense. I'm not arguing Bush, didn't have more cronies than Obama, Or Regan for that mater. I'm just saying
    "What about those guys" isn't a valid argument.

It may be quite possible that if free market forces were left to their own, and not left up to Fema with their Crony contractors to clean up after the '05 storm season that ravaged the east coast and the Gulf coast. There very well may have been enough Middle class wealth created, that the RE melt down would have been "postponed" for 5 or 10 years.

When Andrew destroyed south Florida, there was a boom that spawned, the likes that America hasn't seen since. It was the all of the rebuilding from the Floods, and Hurricanes in 92 - 94 that created the surplus Clinton handed over to Bush.

I was doing Carpet and Tiles back then, I never made as much money after that. It was a standard that I held the industry to, that the industry could no longer provide. SO that's why I got out of the Flooring trade.

Sure there was problems with contractors not being insured or licensed. But I think that problem was over stated, by big corporations not getting called by home owners filing claims.

I'd bet the fraud by the private sector cost America a lot less than the Crony way the 05 season was dealt with, by FEMA and the no bid contracts.

Bush handled those disasters, by making already filthy rich companies, i.e. Haliburton even more rich. The poor and middle class got trailers and a debit card.

14. NuttBoxer

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    27 threads
    192 comments
    Chula Vista, CA

14   9:36am Wed 28 Sep 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

The point that this post tried to make of less talk about things we cant act on has been lostin the mindless drival of left vs right... How about admitting u r all tools for buying into this phony paradigm and face the truth that divided we lose, and they win... The power of the people lies in numbers, racism and L vs R are tools to bring division and distraction

15. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    258 threads
    5,686 comments
    Davis, CA

15   9:44am Wed 28 Sep 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I'm pretty sure from the first day that someone invented politics, there was some dude in the back of the room grumbling about how "they" were all the same, so why even participate in a corrupt system?

The ultimate upshot of THEY'RE ALL THE SAME is.....?

What's your response?

1) Withdraw
    2) Fight the power! Bring it all down.
    3) Invade from within, get corrupted
    4) other?

We know the Tea Party response is 3. Originally they were going to overturn "politics as usual". In point of fact, they turned into the Rightest Wing of the GOP. Please compare original rallies which took pains to claim non-partisan to today's which make no pretense.

"Yeah I'm independent, it's just a coincidence I always vote Republican"

"THEY'RE ALL CORRUPT, except of course the Democrats are a GAZILLION times more corrupt so vote Republican!"

Solidarnosc they are not.

16. Done!

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    159 threads
    2,826 comments

16   9:50am Wed 28 Sep 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

I can't, don't or won't vote Democrat due to their Crass attitude.
    They are so hell bent on giving the Right the "business", they never once consider the ramifications for the poor and middle class, of the cluster fuck they legislate.

It's like they are so used to being voted down by the Right, that they arbitrarily throw shit on the wall, any shit, just to see if it will stick. At some point, they feel they've got to get something passed, "Anything!".

I think they are more surprised than anyone, when the right actually green lights something they didn't actually read.
    I bet immediately after the right passes something.

Nancy has an "OH FUCK" moment, and demands her aids to get her the Bill on audio book, so she can listen to it on her long ride to Martha's Vineyard.

17. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    369 threads
    19,503 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

17   9:56am Wed 28 Sep 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

Tenouncetrout says

Well then let's put him on the shit list too. But damn it, countering a claim of inpropriety with "What about him?" as to negate any wrong doing. Is why fraud and corruption is so rampant and getting more out of control.

My post wasn't about Bush, it was about you. You've got this warped perception of reality which is scripted by newscorp and the echo chamber.

You only see one side of the left and one side of the right. You attack the right, but only when it becomes clear they have no future. As soon as the Democrats took over, in fact even before the first 100 days, you were finding fault and blaming them for stuff they couldn't possibly have been responsible for.

Whatever mistakes were made with respect to Solyndra, they were microscopic compared to the atrocities of the Bush administration. Have some perspective.

18. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    258 threads
    5,686 comments
    Davis, CA

18   10:04am Wed 28 Sep 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

FortWayne says

That Solyndra case is just a highlight of the favor swaps that goes on in Washington.

Can't you guys at least get that hatchet-man James O'Keefe to find something juicier? A semen-coated intern? A "suicided" advisor? I mean COME ON this Solyndra thing is lame and boring. Only on Fox News is it a "scandal threatening to engulf the White House". If it's a HIGHLIGHT the rest of it must be even lamer. "Fox Newsflash: Obama intern caught with bag of allegedly pilfered office supplies".

Some years back we were shovelling loans at banks and companies left and right hoping most of them wouldn't go down in flames. Amazingly most of them survived. One crashed and burned. That's a risk in investing, that sometimes it's run by Enron trainees.

From here:
    http://mediamatters.org/blog/201109280006

This has a lot more to do with it being a "green" company which Teabaggers hate. When MMS officials were corrupt, that rated no mention since we worship oil people and give them a pass on bad behavior:

WASHINGTON — Government brokers responsible for collecting billions of dollars in federal oil royalties operated in a "culture of substance abuse and promiscuity" that included having sex with energy company employees, accepting lavish gifts and rigging contracts to favored firms, investigators said Wednesday.

The alleged transgressions involve 13 former and current Interior Department employees in Denver and Washington. Their alleged improprieties include influencing contracts, working part-time as private oil consultants and having sexual relationships with -- and accepting golf and ski trips, snowboarding lessons and concert tickets from -- oil company employees, according to three reports released Wednesday by the Interior Department's inspector general.

The investigations expose a small group of individuals "wholly lacking in acceptance of or adherence to government ethical standards," wrote Inspector General Earl E. Devaney, whose office spent more than two years and $5.3 million on the investigation.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2008-09-10-3545054588_x.htm

19. Done!

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    159 threads
    2,826 comments

19   11:46am Wed 28 Sep 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

iwog says

My post wasn't about Bush, it was about you. You've got this warped perception of reality which is scripted by newscorp and the echo chamber.

Come on Iwog, you know I don't sit around watching FOX news.
    You know more about them than I do.

And you make my point though. Do you really have to be a Right, White or Rich and Watch Fox to have a opposing view with the far Left today?

I think 90% of Americans (Today) are Liberal leaning in their core values and beliefs. Yes even the Religious Right. (Hell I bet even in the World, we're not the only country with religion conflicting with Left/Right politics.)

Just look all of the Religions in the world. Almost all Religions have become less restrictive, made exceptions for their practicing their religion, or are more tolerant of changes in their customs. Things that would be considered Liberal leaning and less Conservative. It is the Liberal Bully pulpit that makes the Religious Right wing hard liners minority, more vocal. The religious Liberal majority are to busy out taking advantage of their new found liberties to sin.

But they do still consider them selves Christians,(or some other religion) and don't like it, when the Liberal in Washington are doing dick all to create a good standard of living for the middle class. While calling any grumbling about it, a racist, and attacking their religion, family, calling them stupid. Most of all they don't like the Liberals acting like Obama's bad policy or actions aren't worthy of investigation or inquiry, because they've got precedence that Republican politicians before then were corrupt scumbags too.

People expect more out of Liberals, not to emulate the Right, corporate crony greed and all, with Liberal agendas, to entice the poor's vote. They'll no doubt not honor.

They're on to ya.

20. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    369 threads
    19,503 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

20   12:27pm Wed 28 Sep 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

Tenouncetrout says

Come on Iwog, you know I don't sit around watching FOX news.
    You know more about them than I do.

That doesn't really matter when the daily news agenda is set by newscorp. Why are we talking about Sylendra instead of the Republican's failure to put up a viable presidential candidate? Instead of another threatened government shutdown? Instead of the fact Republicans can't even get their own caucus to vote on their own bills?

Why? Because your agenda was set for you and propaganda told you to be outraged at Sylendra..........a 3rd rate scandal that probably had nothing to do with Obama and cost $1 per taxpayer.

21. Done!

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    159 threads
    2,826 comments

21   1:41pm Wed 28 Sep 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I was out raged when I first read the headline from Liberal news sources. Who like you, thought they were just reporting an innocuous fact, and it would have been. But we're paying 50 to 75% premium on Gas and Oil, due to Liberal agenda and policy to sway Americans to embrace the Green scam. And low and behold, these industries can't even stand on their own two feet, even with wheel barrel loads of money "GIVEN" to them, taxes up on taxes on Gas, restriction on Oil production and sanctioned Commodity gouging, and tax rebates, to make said scam viable.

For fuck sakes, Iwog, pull your Ass out of your head, it doesn't take the Willis report, to know when you're getting the business end of the fuck stick.

22. FortWayne

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    159 threads
    5,325 comments

22   2:08pm Wed 28 Sep 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

iwog says

Why? Because your agenda was set for you and propaganda told you to be outraged at Sylendra..........a 3rd rate scandal that probably had nothing to do with Obama and cost $1 per taxpayer.

I don't get you Iwog. So forcing everyone to fork over roughly $1.50 to enrich some k-street lobbyist is all right all of a sudden? You have thousands of those type of schmucks in Washington lobbying for several dollars from every single taxpayer. Those pennies add up fast.

23. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    258 threads
    5,686 comments
    Davis, CA

23   3:47pm Wed 28 Sep 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

FortWayne says

So forcing everyone to fork over roughly $1.50 to enrich some k-street lobbyist is all right all of a sudden?

What tax dollars ended up in a K-Street lobbyist pocket?

I thought we were talking about Federal loan guarantees to a corporation.

If you've switched subjects start a new thread.

Done! is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 96 milliseconds to create.