19201 Shubert Dr, Saratoga, CA 95070

By anonymous     Fri, 7 Oct 2011, 12:00am   804 views   1 comment
In Saratoga CA 95070   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Viewing Comment 1-1 of 1     Last »     See most liked comments

1. propertywatcher

Follow
    Befriend
    1 comments

1   6:03pm Tue 18 Oct 2011   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Just when you are trying to think if 19201 Schubert Dr in Saratoga has been priced accurately at $1,399,000 (last sold in 2004 for 1.1 M) , a similar listing shows up with a price tag of $1,649,000 (19168 De Havilland Dr--last sold in 2003 for $ 1,488,000).

Is it a coincidence that these two homes are "perpendicularly" next to each other and have similar architectural styles?

Hmmm...why would an agent advise the owners of De Havilland Dr. to bring their home in market at a time when a similar property next door is priced approximately $250 K lower. I acknowledge that the backyard of Schubert abuts a busy street, but 250 K more, really. I will never pay $5.99/lb for tomatoes in Whole Foods if I know they are selling for $3.99/lb in Trader's Joe next door. I know, I know...it is a bad analogy. After all, you don't need a jumbo loan to buy tomatoes.

Moreover, the Schubert property came to the market only 18 days ago. Therefore, it is not like it has been sitting for 6 months and the owners at De Havilland got tired and decided to list their home a month before the holiday season, A.K.A. slow-real-estate season.

What kind of business decision goes in putting a home in the market for a price tag that is significantly higher than the neighboring home? If you read carefully at the listings for both homes, you will find the answer. Both these homes have something more in common; they have the same listing agent. It seems the property on Schubert Dr., which now looks like a bargain at $1,399,000, is being marketed at the expense of De Havilland Dr. So, buyers don't delay or you will miss the deal at Schubert Dr, that is if you can get past the bidding war in an attempt to get it for at least $1.5 M, which is still $150 K lower than the competition.

Any guesses what will happen to the pricing of De Havilland after Schubert Dr. is sold. Just go back to the owner of De Havilland and tell them that they should lower the price to whatever-Schubert Dr- sold-for.

Am I the only one who wants to sympathize with the owners of De Havilland property?

anonymous is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 30 milliseconds to create.