Vegas Values Drop Again

By elliemae   Follow   Sun, 19 Feb 2012, 12:02pm   400 views   2 comments
Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

There's something to be said for consistency, I guess.

http://www.lvrj.com/business/las-vegas-home-values-dip-for-second-straight-year-139622713.html

From the article:

"Overall, Las Vegas home prices have fallen more than 60 percent from their peak and have yet to find the proverbial bottom. They could easily go down another 10 percent, Murphy predicted, which means the median existing home price will slip below $100,000."

Viewing Comments 1-2 of 2     Last »     See most liked comments

1. TPB

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    65 threads
    1,209 comments

1   12:22pm Sun 19 Feb 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

You know, I bet there are some damn sorry Assholes in the City Council in Vegas right now. Sorry they threw the dice and gambled on embracing the "Sin City" portion of Vegas, "What happens here, stays here" and all that. They pretty much(as well as most cities with a destination) told families keep your whinny brats at home, and catered to the fickle new found wealth folks. They created a nice Hades town for the Players of America, the big shots and the high rollers.

I've noticed over the years, it even happened in my town. When towns foster downtown family friendly nightlife, they bustle and thrive. But then some hipster dofus gets in office, and thinks they can spice things up, by getting the Harley and stripper pole crowd, down town. And prohibit minors in establishments that serve alcohol. All of the upfront parking is either for motorcycles, or reserved for Vallet parking. That worked all of 2001-2007 until the Harley all got repossessed.

Now guess what, families are down at the beach just hanging out for free, downtown is ghost town with tumbleweeds blowing through. Last month they suspended taking money in the parking meters, and parking downtown is now free. They raised the price to park at the beach though, go figure. They are punishing the places that are workikng for the public and trying to drive them to place the City has thorughougly screwed up to the point, nobody wants to be there.

Even Riverwalk Ft Lauderdale is a dead closed down ghost town. A once thriving family Friday night destination. This town(and the surrounding area) used to have family friendly Concerts, Festivals and Parades, on such a regular basis. You could do something fun and interesting on any given weekend. No matter what your preference of entertainment was. Family, single or adults scenes.

We seemed to more creative when it came to entertaining folks on nights and week ends, before everywhere started hanging flat screen TVs on the walls. Like... "There that'll shut 'em up!" While the waitstaff and bar maids dart away like tropical fish when you look their way.

No it gave them time to think, "why in the hell am I here? I have a TV and woman that ignores me at home?"

2. B.A.C.A.H.

Follow
    Befriend (6)
    8 threads
    2,720 comments

2   12:58pm Sun 19 Feb 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

It's Mo Bigga than just that.

The Florida Proposition of recent decades is an unsustainable Construct of its dual reliance on cheap energy: energy-intensive leisure (ie, discretionary-spending) travel by Northerners, and energy-intensive air conditioning for the recent waves of immigrants (by immigrants, I refer to non-Floridians like Yankees from cooler climes).

Maybe Florida's water supply is sustainable, I don't know. But for sure, that's not true for Vegas (or much of the Southwest, etc.)

Premium member elliemae is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 28 milliseconds to create.