1. illustrateth

Follow
    Befriend
    29 threads
    54 comments
    San Leandro, CA
    illustrateth's website

1   7:32am Thu 1 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Do people realize what this cartoon is saying? I actually kind of agree with it, but I'm really surprised it got published.

2. MsAnnaNOLA

Follow
    Befriend
    58 comments

2   8:50am Thu 1 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Such a timely cartoon. I really appreciate the MSM megaphone yelling at all us little people and telling us what to do on behalf of global elite bankers. I think we should also add in: the military, health and insurance industrial complex. All these industries are favored by the Rs and Dems over us little people.

3. nw888

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    14 threads
    228 comments

3   9:13am Thu 1 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

True.

4. wbblair3

Follow
    Befriend
    2 threads
    94 comments

4   9:25am Thu 1 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

5. Patrick

Follow
    Befriend (55)
    5,660 threads
    6,342 comments
    male
    Menlo Park, CA
    Premium

5   9:48am Thu 1 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike  

I did actually think Obama would be different, but he's the same as Bush when it comes to protecting Goldman Sachs at the expense of the middle class. Bush appointed a former Goldman CEO as Treasury secretary, who then demanded $700 billion in a blank check, which should have sparked armed revolt, but for some reason did not.

But like I said, Obama's no better:

He did nothing to increase prosecutions for obvious mortgage fraud.
    His administration is chock-full of "former" Goldman Sachs employees.
    He continued the policy of bailing out bankers at the expense of the middle class.

Bankers must be allowed to fail. Bankers must go to prison when they commit fraud.

I think that cartoon is exactly correct.

6. Mick Russom

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    7 threads
    586 comments
    Belmont, CA

6   10:04am Thu 1 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Don't forget Andrew Napolitano's recent diatribe that got him Fired.

7. rootvg

Follow
    Befriend (7)
    1 threads
    814 comments
    Danville, CA
    Premium

7   10:21am Thu 1 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Patrick says

I did actually think Obama would be different, but he's the same as Bush when it comes to protecting Goldman Sachs at the expense of the middle class. Bush appointed a former Goldman CEO as Treasury secretary, who then demanded $700 billion in a blank check, which should have sparked armed revolt, but for some reason did not.

But like I said, Obama's no better:

He did nothing to increase prosecutions for obvious mortgage fraud.

His administration is chock-full of "former" Goldman Sachs employees.

He continued the policy of bailing out bankers at the expense of the middle class.

Bankers must be allowed to fail. Bankers must go to prison when they commit fraud.

Patrick, it was always this way.

Alexander Hamilton was a proponent of a strong central government and banking system from the very beginning. Andy Jackson had "I beat the bank" inscribed on his tombstone, for God's sake.

George Washington hated political parties. The whole idea from the very beginning was to have two parties (he got overruled) both headed in the same direction doing the right thing for the country but in a different way. We were set up specifically so we didn't turn into Britain or France. So far that hasn't happened but lately I wonder.

8. TPB

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    65 threads
    1,209 comments

8   10:34am Thu 1 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Is that Obama's boot on the neck of that guy.

9. TPB

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    65 threads
    1,209 comments

9   10:39am Thu 1 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Re Napolitano is fired, he still sits in with Stuart Varnay every morning.
    I just think Freedom Watch was in a bad time slot. Who in the hell is still watching business news at 8:00 at night? Is it actually reported anywhere or is there any other documentation saying he was fired? Or are you just correlating his last show and what was said, with the lack of him no longer having the show? Maybe he knew that was his last show for ratings reasons, so he went out with a doozey. I don't think Fox Biz would fire him, then allow him to be a paid guest on other shows.
    That is of course, unless most agree with my argument from threads gone past, that just because someone is on Fox, doesn't make them an employee. That's a possibility, but then again, I would have to be right, when I said, Sarah Palin isn't a Fox employee just because she gives interviews on Fox.

10. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    1,052 threads
    13,244 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

10   5:05pm Thu 1 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I miss the 90's when the biggest complaint people had about the government and politics was that the president got a blow job in the oval office and didn't call it sex.

11. rootvg

Follow
    Befriend (7)
    1 threads
    814 comments
    Danville, CA
    Premium

11   5:11pm Thu 1 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Dan8267 says

I miss the 90's when the biggest complaint people had about the government and politics was that the president got a blow job in the oval office and didn't call it sex.

A lot of people with credentials that would dwarf my own think it's gonna be the early eighties all over again, starting in 2013. That includes the lady we spoke with at the title agency yesterday, who's been in real estate and finance for years. We need a new President and we need a new Fed chief...and then we need an interest rate driven recession to wring out all the inflationary pressures from the economy driven by so much funny money. Here again, is another reason we bought.

Did you hear what Warren Buffett had to say about residential real estate yesterday? We went out for Mexican food and when it came on the big screen at the bar, I almost choked on my burrito.

12. rootvg

Follow
    Befriend (7)
    1 threads
    814 comments
    Danville, CA
    Premium

12   5:16pm Thu 1 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

TPB says

Re Napolitano is fired, he still sits in with Stuart Varnay every morning.

I just think Freedom Watch was in a bad time slot. Who in the hell is still watching business news at 8:00 at night? Is it actually reported anywhere or is there any other documentation saying he was fired? Or are you just correlating his last show and what was said, with the lack of him no longer having the show? Maybe he knew that was his last show for ratings reasons, so he went out with a doozey. I don't think Fox Biz would fire him, then allow him to be a paid guest on other shows.

That is of course, unless most agree with my argument from threads gone past, that just because someone is on Fox, doesn't make them an employee. That's a possibility, but then again, I would have to be right, when I said, Sarah Palin isn't a Fox employee just because she gives interviews on Fox.

William E Baughb

Napolitano was getting dry and formulaic. That's why his show was canceled. Stossel is doing the same thing and he'll be gone soon as well.

Ailes is freshening up the look of FBN and Fox News. I saw Missy Francis on this morning with what's her name who came over from Bloomberg. She's amazing looking. When she smiles, my head spins. I'm serious.

13. APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch

Follow
    Befriend (27)
    408 threads
    11,765 comments

13   5:20pm Thu 1 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Fox News needs real fascists.

They should just bring on David Duke to read excerpts from Die Sturmer.

14. TPB

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    65 threads
    1,209 comments

14   7:23pm Thu 1 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

rootvg says

Stossel is doing the same thing and he'll be gone soon as well.

I've never cared for Stossel, he sounds so nasally whinny. And to be honest with you, some folks used to call agitating, with some of his issues he picks. His interviews comes across, as Boratish but not in a Sasha Cohen trying to be funny kinda way. In fact it's that ick factor, that I don't dig Borat. It's painful to watch when they are trying to be serious.

15. rootvg

Follow
    Befriend (7)
    1 threads
    814 comments
    Danville, CA
    Premium

15   8:00pm Thu 1 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

TPB says

rootvg says

Stossel is doing the same thing and he'll be gone soon as well.

I've never cared for Stossel, he sounds so nasally whinny. And to be honest with you, some folks used to call agitating, with some of his issues he picks. His interviews comes across, as Boratish but not in a Sasha Cohen trying to be funny kinda way. In fact it's that ick factor, that I don't dig Borat. It's painful to watch when they are trying to be serious.

William E Baughb

I didn't like Stossel at ABC and I don't care for him at Fox.

Chris Matthews has his moments. I think down deep he's still the Irish Catholic kid from Philly who likes to get drunk and tell stories. It cost him his health and that's too bad.

I used to like Tim Russert even though he and I were different politically. He came from nothing, growing up in Buffalo. He knew what good wings and roast beef really taste like.

The guy I miss is Brit Hume. He's on for special occasions but has retired for the most part. He was the the only serious journalist they had.

16. Mick Russom

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    7 threads
    586 comments
    Belmont, CA

16   8:22pm Thu 1 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

rootvg says

Napolitano was getting dry and formulaic.

What Judge Napolitano needed to look like for the average fool from the pack of We the Sheeple needed to look like to keep the people's attention. Our freedom and liberty gone day by day, our currency debased, inflation, gas, food, rents, terrible unemployment, and someone is meticulously articulating how this is all happening and because its "dry and formulaic" we need to replace it with a scene out of idiocracy.

What Judge Neapolitan Ice Cream [sic intended] needs to look like, apparently, to keep We the Sheeple's attention.

17. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    1,052 threads
    13,244 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

17   12:20pm Fri 2 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

rootvg says

A lot of people with credentials that would dwarf my own think it's gonna be the early eighties all over again, starting in 2013.

So, big hair and short-shorts are making a comeback? Right on!

APOCALYPSEFUCK is Tony Manero says

Fox News needs real fascists.

They should just bring on David Duke to read excerpts from Die Sturmer.

You think David Duke knows how to read?

18. rootvg

Follow
    Befriend (7)
    1 threads
    814 comments
    Danville, CA
    Premium

18   12:23pm Fri 2 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Think about it. The economic conditions we face right now have us looking a whole lot like we did in 1979.

They say Tom Selleck is a nice guy.

19. rootvg

Follow
    Befriend (7)
    1 threads
    814 comments
    Danville, CA
    Premium

19   12:25pm Fri 2 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Mick Russom says

rootvg says

Napolitano was getting dry and formulaic.

What Judge Napolitano needed to look like for the average fool from the pack of We the Sheeple needed to look like to keep the people's attention. Our freedom and liberty gone day by day, our currency debased, inflation, gas, food, rents, terrible unemployment, and someone is meticulously articulating how this is all happening and because its "dry and formulaic" we need to replace it with a scene out of idiocracy.

What Judge Neapolitan Ice Cream [sic intended] needs to look like, apparently, to keep We the Sheeple's attention.

Idiocracy is one of my favorite movies along with History of the World Part I, Blazing Saddles and then most of the big WW II and 1950s war classics of which there are simply too many to discuss here.

20. fuzzy

Follow
    Befriend
    9 comments
    Harrisville, NY

20   4:28pm Fri 2 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

You banned me for telling you that Obama was the same as Bush a number of years ago.

21. Patrick

Follow
    Befriend (55)
    5,660 threads
    6,342 comments
    male
    Menlo Park, CA
    Premium

21   6:30pm Sat 3 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Not true! I myself think Obama is basically running Bush's third term for him:

* Middle class forced to pay the 1%'s taxes for them.
    * Continued war.
    * Laws created to ensure corporate profits rather than public benefit.

If you were banned, it was for insulting other users.

22. fuzzy

Follow
    Befriend
    9 comments
    Harrisville, NY

22   9:33pm Sat 3 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

It's true, we got into an argument about it.

You just don't remember it. It was 2 years ago. I pointed out that Obama voted for the Patriot Act while he was a senator, voted to fund the Iraq War every time except during the primaries, that one of his biggest campaign contributors was the financial industry, and that absolutely nothing would change. I then pointed out anybody that didn't do the research to know this before they voted for him is a moron.

And they are and they were. People spend more time watching television in a week than they do selecting who they want to vote for. Americans have the government they deserve.

I am sick and tired of people not doing their job before voting. I'm tired of it. You have one choice to vote for again in this election, and that's Paul but the country won't elect him. He's CrAzY. He's the only authentic honest politician that has run in my lifetime, and that just doesn't represent the vast majority of this country today. People like Bush Jr. and Obama do. Lying corrupt criminals. That represents this country quite well.

23. TPB

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    65 threads
    1,209 comments

23   9:51pm Sat 3 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I wanna be Robin Masters this time!

24. freak80

Follow
    Befriend
    65 threads
    5,519 comments
    Corning, NY

24   1:44pm Mon 5 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Mick Russom says

Remember the "news" magazine in Idiocracy? It was called "Hot Naked Chicks and World Report."

25. gregpfielding

Follow
    Befriend (9)
    48 threads
    330 comments
    Danville, CA
    gregpfielding's website
    Premium

25   3:50pm Mon 5 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Patrick says

The only one who would have been any different is Ron Paul.

26. freak80

Follow
    Befriend
    65 threads
    5,519 comments
    Corning, NY

26   8:54am Tue 6 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

So what are we all going to do about it? Can we put aside our deep cultural differences temporarily and unite against the Banksters? Can we create a "New New Deal Coalition"?

Premium member Patrick is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 188 milliseconds to create.