Quiet Bath & Kitchen Fans. Pumps. Cool Mechanical Stuff. Engineers Boutique (Advertisement)

The American Sweatshop

By hllnwlz   Follow   Thu, 22 Mar 2012, 11:42am   1,590 views   12 comments
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

An Infographic Of The Online Retail Warehouse Temp Job

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/presenting-american-sweatshop-infographic-online-retail-warehouse-temp-job

Viewing Comments 1-12 of 12     Last »     See most liked comments

1. thunderlips11

Follow
    Befriend (13)
    114 threads
    3,411 comments
    Premium

1   11:54am Thu 22 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

High tech job of the future!

2. TMAC54

Follow
    Befriend (9)
    70 threads
    930 comments
    San Leandro, CA

2   9:51pm Thu 22 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

The lack of immigration enforcement is FOSTERING this substandard work ethic.
    Why would a business owner pay a higher wage, when there exists an unlimited number of bodies standing out front of the hardware store, who are willing to take pesos w/ NO BENEFITS.

3. Kevin

Follow
    Befriend
    41 threads
    2,655 comments

3   2:39pm Sat 24 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

TMAC54 says

The lack of immigration enforcement is FOSTERING this substandard work ethic.

Why would a business owner pay a higher wage, when there exists an unlimited number of bodies standing out front of the hardware store, who are willing to take pesos w/ NO BENEFITS.

I think I'd rather have illegal immigrants picking fruit in the U.S. than importing the fruit from south america. It's not like if they enforce immigration laws you're suddenly going to see americans picking the fruit.

Now, you might see americans cleaning your toilets at work. So that's something.

4. TMAC54

Follow
    Befriend (9)
    70 threads
    930 comments
    San Leandro, CA

4   11:57pm Sat 24 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Kevin says

I think I'd rather have illegal immigrants picking fruit in the U.S. than importing the fruit from south america.

The farm workers are not the problem. They are NOT the illegals. I frequent different wharehouses, factories, restaurants daily. They know that they have taken California back.
    Our country should impose the same laws on ILLEGALS that their country would impose on us.
    The ONLY reason the laws are not imposed here is to benefit corporate profit.
    http://www.legalregulationreview.com/on-illegal-immigration-the-trouble-you-risk.php

5. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    679 threads
    5,958 comments
    Baltimore, MD

5   11:48am Mon 26 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Kevin says

I think I'd rather have illegal immigrants picking fruit in the U.S. than importing the fruit from south america

I'd rather have domestically grown fruit picked by Americans. This can easily and cheaply be accomplished with enough land mines and machine guns on the border and the appropriate import duties.

6. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (48)
    317 threads
    17,016 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

6   5:15pm Wed 28 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike   Protected  

zzyzzx says

I'd rather have domestically grown fruit picked by Americans. This can easily and cheaply be accomplished with enough land mines and machine guns on the border and the appropriate import duties.

Exactly! Just keep fucking the American worker. Drive wages down to levels of bare subsistence. Make Americans so desperate that they are even willing to send their children into the fields. Then you can have domestically grown fruit picked by Americans for the same prices that Mexicans charge.

Sounds like a great country.

7. thunderlips11

Follow
    Befriend (13)
    114 threads
    3,411 comments
    Premium

7   8:01am Thu 29 Mar 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

Where wages are cheap, life is cheap. Where labor is dear, life is dear.

8. freak80

Follow
    Befriend
    65 threads
    5,520 comments
    Corning, NY

8   7:38am Mon 2 Apr 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

iwog says

God Bless America.

9. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    679 threads
    5,958 comments
    Baltimore, MD

9   9:01am Mon 2 Apr 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

iwog says

Exactly! Just keep fucking the American worker. Drive wages down to levels of bare subsistence. Make Americans so desperate that they are even willing to send their children into the fields. Then you can have domestically grown fruit picked by Americans for the same prices that Mexicans charge.

Ummm... keeping out cheap imported labor will cause wages in the US to rise.

10. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    942 threads
    11,107 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

10   9:36am Mon 2 Apr 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

thunderlips11 says

Where wages are cheap, life is cheap. Where labor is dear, life is dear.

Homo Economicus. A Legendary Creature, like Bigfoot, claimed to exist by Pseudoscientists.

True. I'm not sure why, but it's true.

11. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    615 threads
    8,799 comments

11   11:41am Mon 2 Apr 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)  

Hey come on it's not like you can buy a brown paper sack of tomatoes anymore for fifty cents. I think we've beaten that no body can afford nor wants to work farm wages argument thing to death.

Especially when you consider agriculture is a bigger Big Business than ever in the History of America. The family farm is gone, it's big Ag, posting record profits, as the cost of groceries go through the roof. Plus it helps when you have a first lady chiding people into eating over priced produce from Whole foods and the like.

To hear you Yokels, tell it, farms are these minority owned entities that if all of the wet backs were deported, America would starve. The only thing that would starve is Iwog's commodity profits.

Jimmy Joe Bob Smith, doesn't pick apples for a few dollars a day.

12. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (48)
    317 threads
    17,016 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

12   10:31pm Mon 2 Apr 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

zzyzzx says

Ummm... keeping out cheap imported labor will cause wages in the US to rise.

Why?

You think starving Americans will demand more money than starving Mexicans?

You advocate the elimination of every safety net federal program including all welfare and food stamps. What possible reason could employers have for raising wages in your world?

The correct answer is none. You don't want to raise the standard of living by eliminating illegal immigrant labor. You want to lower the standard of living TO immigrant labor. I defy you to point to a single reason in your world why that wouldn't happen.

hllnwlz is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 70 milliseconds to create.