« previous   misc   next »

Among top 5 regrets of the dying, buying a house figure in #1 and #2

By Patrick   Follow   Mon, 9 Apr 2012, 11:20am PDT   731 views   4 comments   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/feb/01/top-five-regrets-of-the-dying

Comments 1-4 of 4     Last »

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   befriend   ignore   Mon, 9 Apr 2012, 2:02pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 1

Is it buying a house - or believing a RealtorĀ® - that the damned regret on their deathbeds?

Dan8267   befriend   ignore   Mon, 9 Apr 2012, 2:32pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 2

Case in point...

Dan8267   befriend   ignore   Mon, 9 Apr 2012, 2:35pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 3

2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.

"This came from every male patient that I nursed. They missed their children's youth and their partner's companionship. Women also spoke of this regret, but as most were from an older generation, many of the female patients had not been breadwinners. All of the men I nursed deeply regretted spending so much of their lives on the treadmill of a work existence."

Corporate America in a nutshell.

Dan8267   befriend   ignore   Mon, 9 Apr 2012, 2:41pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 4

Reminds me of this old story...

Email (Required, will not be visible)

Username (Just pick a name if you're new)

Watch comments by email

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best of   about   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net