If the Whales had won, there wouldn't even Be a housing crisis--try the book!! (Advertisement)

891 MONICA Ln Campbell, CA 95008

By dougr703   Follow   Wed, 11 Apr 2012, 10:30am   2,844 views   9 comments
In Campbell CA 95008   Watch (3)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I went to this open house last Saturday and boy was it packed. At least 20 people were in the house at one time. Overall the house showed really well and was in excellent condition. All the rooms were upgraded however were very small. The standalone structure in the back of the house is a storage house, not dry walled out. After close inspection, you can see some minor surface cracks in the crown modeling. With a little touch up I think it will be fine. The house sits on a street with very well maintained homes however it sits behind a school and 2 blocks full of ugly apartments. I did a quick search on crimereports.com and found out the neighbor 3 doors down had been recently robbed and the house across the street as well. Do a search yourself if you don't believe me. This was a serious concern. I wouldn't be surprised if this home went above asking price because its definitely a unique house, well built and designed, but the surrounding areas are questionable.

Viewing Comments 1-9 of 9     Last »     See most liked comments

1. karbonator

Follow
    Befriend
    1 comments

1   10:53pm Thu 12 Apr 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Looks good, but realize the schools there are not great. You need to go further south toward Los Gatos/Cambrian for that (or Saratoga/Cupertino if you can afford it). But if you don't care about that it'll save you about $100K in this price range :)

2. thomas.wong1986

Follow
    Befriend
    16 threads
    4,424 comments

2   12:39am Fri 13 Apr 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

dougr703 says

Do a search yourself if you don't believe me. This was a serious concern.

Serious.. since Indians seem to buy ALOT in gold as BOTH jewelry accessories and investments, it makes sense they would be prime targets in Cupertino... and that is extactly what happened a few years ago.

OK! your DVD, TV, Laptop got pinched.. get another...your not much of at target compared to them getting $30K...50K or more in gold jewelry.

What if you have ALL of your gold jewelry disappear due a burglary which also represents most of your investment and savings... and if you have that much, forced armed entry while your at home is really possible.

http://spotcrime.com/ca/cupertino

http://mytown.mercurynews.com/archives/sunnyvalesun/10.14.98/Burglaries.html

The Sun
    Sunnyvale's Newspaper
    Rash of burglaries plague southern neighborhoods
    By Justin Berton and Steve Enders

Sunnyvale police have rejuvenated their search for a team of burglars they believe is responsible for ransacking at least 30 homes in the southern part of the city after learning the group struck again in neighboring Cupertino last week.

"It's the same group doing it; they just moved cities," Sunnyvale Det. Mark Sole said.

Police believe the group is responsible for approximately 60 home burglaries in Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Saratoga, Santa Clara and San Jose.

"It's a rash that's kind of bugging me," said Sgt. Mike Flood of the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Department.

Flood said that two weeks ago a Cupertino home on Terrace Drive was pillaged for $50,000 in fine jewelry

3. Raindrops

Follow
    Befriend
    1 comments
    Mountain View, CA

3   6:48am Fri 13 Apr 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I saw the house, too.
    The house is good for the asking price.

4. Patrick

Follow
    Befriend (55)
    5,611 threads
    6,305 comments
    male
    Menlo Park, CA

4   8:11am Fri 13 Apr 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

@Raindrops: can you give us any more details about the house?

5. dougr703

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    1 comments

5   3:48pm Wed 2 May 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

This house must have sold for all cash to be done in 2 weeks. From redfin, this house sold for 50k over asking price of 769k to 825k. The buyers really loved this house.
    http://www.redfin.com/CA/Campbell/891-Monica-Ln-95008/home/609841

6. CrazyMan

Follow
    Befriend
    509 comments
    Boulder Creek, CA

6   10:19am Thu 3 May 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

$500 a sq/ft

in Campbell

Chumps

7. New Renter

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    28 threads
    5,013 comments
    San Jose, CA

7   8:47pm Mon 7 May 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CrazyMan says

$500 a sq/ft

in Campbell

Chumps

Word!

8. investor90

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    14 threads
    232 comments
    Beverly Hills, CA

8   9:02pm Mon 7 May 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Kewl---I was also at an Open House on Saturday. This was a 1300 sq ft two bed one bath for residence number one and a one bed one bath - new for residence number two - on 4 acres of horse property. Both houses on a raised foundation. 200 AMP electric/ 220 VAC It has its own water well and piped in natural gas- no propane---1/4 mile from hwy 99. Guess the asking price? $139,000 in US Dollars. MLS 12028267

And they say that house prices never go down? This baby was three times that 5 years ago. Oh yeah " BUYER must have proof of funds for the down payment of $ 500".. It's a Homepath property so investors must wait one more week if its not sold. Oh yeah---Here comes 1996 prices...and lets go LOWER! But First, the one percent ers have to allow American jobs for American citizens.

9. investor90

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    14 threads
    232 comments
    Beverly Hills, CA

9   9:09pm Mon 7 May 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Lets see about 2200 sq feet for $139,000. Do you charge extra for the 4 acres and mineral rights or is that free? I guess its about $ 63/ sq foot thats a little less than the $500/ sq ft. About 12.5% of it...1/8th. AND THIS WAS A FORECLOSURE---the seller probably ran out of their last extension of unemployment. A minimum wage job for one earner could qualify for this one. The PMI might be a hassle, but the guv-ment interest is about 3% even for those who walked away two years ago and are starting over to lose again in THIS BUBBLE.

dougr703 is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 158 milliseconds to create.