Don't trust corporate charity

By tovarichpeter   Follow   Thu, 12 Apr 2012, 8:15pm   223 views   1 comment
In South San Francisco CA 94080   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://www.salon.com/2012/04/12/dont_trust_corporate_charity/

Viewing Comment 1-1 of 1     Last »     See most liked comments

1. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    855 threads
    11,016 comments

1   6:38am Fri 13 Apr 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

I never do, ever! Especially when they tell me, they'll donate X amount for every Widget I buy. That just means, first they are over priced, and second, it's not very generous, if they will only contribute if I patronize them.

And when Publix asks me if I would like donate money when I'm over paying for my groceries, I ask them if they would like to pay my grocery bill.

The biggest thing that kills me, is Hospitals and Doctors asking for donations, when a kid is flown in with life threatening ailments, or disfigurements.

The nerve of those bastards, they have all the resources, and all the key people they need, right there on the screen while they are pleading me for money. Valuable minutes are wasting, get your asses in the operating room and get to work you ghouls! It's not like these doctors are pleading for Electronic skills, or someone to set up their HD television on the wall. This is a matter they can handle.

I've got my own charity, family and friends in need. Everyone else should have kept in touch with people that could help them. "Release the HOUNDS!!!"

tovarichpeter is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 24 milliseconds to create.