« previous   politics   next »

Bill Clinton calls Obama an amateur

By zzyzzx   Follow   Fri, 11 May 2012, 12:49am PDT   2,576 views   26 comments   Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/bill_blockbuster_an_amateur_XJHYdaV5LT1vpr5I39IKrN

Bill Clinton thought so little of President Obama — mocking him as an “amateur” — that he pressed his wife last summer to quit her job as secretary of state and challenge him in the primaries, a new book claims,

Comments 1-26 of 26     Last »

Kevin   befriend   ignore   Fri, 11 May 2012, 1:14am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 1

Oh my god a book said something?

iwog   befriend   ignore   Fri, 11 May 2012, 1:18am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Comment 2

Edward Klein has been dismissed by anyone with a brain as yet another right wing lie machine. This is the same idiot who claimed Hillary Clinton had a lesbian lover.

His books are trash and everyone knows it.

Here's an interview of Klein by Al Franken and Joe Conason where he's pretty much ripped to shreds about factual errors in one of his other books, a hit piece on Hillary Clinton:

http://mediamatters.org/research/200506240007

freak80   befriend   ignore   Fri, 11 May 2012, 7:42am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 3

Hey, as long as Edward Klein makes money, it's ok right? In America, truth doesn't matter. What matters is money, power, and propaganda.

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   befriend   ignore   Fri, 11 May 2012, 7:44am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 4

But it's such tasteless propaganda. Who wants to lie about Hiltard's lesbian lover when you can lie about Helen Mirren's lesbian lover, Tyra Banks. See? Isn't that a lot more interesting?

Mr Happygoluckofus   befriend   ignore   Fri, 11 May 2012, 8:54am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (2)     Comment 5

Kevin says

Oh my god a book said something?

iwog says

Here's an interview of Klein by Al Franken

Woah somebody interviewed Al Franken...

iwog   befriend   ignore   Fri, 11 May 2012, 9:15am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 6

CaptainShuddup says

Woah somebody interviewed Al Franken...

Irrelevant. No one cares what Al Franken said. What reveals Klein as a shameless liar is what Klein says.

Most of the propaganda sewage comes from the right, not the left. Furthermore what extreme media DOES come from the left is ignored while the extreme media from the right is gobbled up and featured on Fox.

rooemoore   befriend   ignore   Fri, 11 May 2012, 9:19am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 7

rooemoore   befriend   ignore   Fri, 11 May 2012, 9:29am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 8

Another funny tidbit in the article is the touting of one poll (Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll ) that shows Romney with a lead, even though in most polls Obama is ahead and in the electoral college count Mitt is getting creamed.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/05/09/obama-vs-romney-how-electoral-college-math-adds-up/

iwog   befriend   ignore   Fri, 11 May 2012, 9:40am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 9

rowemoore says

Another funny tidbit in the article is the touting of one poll (Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll ) that shows Romney with a lead, even though in most polls Obama is ahead and in the electoral college count Mitt is getting creamed.

Rasmussen is a joke and their polling results are consistently biased. They only start conforming to other polls around October, and even then they make horrendous errors like missing the Hawaii Senatorial race wrong by 40 points.

Yet Republicans will defend them because the Republican party is a religion and not based on political ideology.

zzyzzx   befriend   ignore   Fri, 11 May 2012, 11:50am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (2)     Comment 10

Ironman   befriend   ignore   Fri, 11 May 2012, 12:16pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike (5)     Comment 11

"Bill Clinton calls Obama an amateur.."

Tell us something that we don't already know!!

clambo   befriend   ignore   Fri, 11 May 2012, 1:32pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 12

We all know he at least thought it, whether or not someone heard him actually say it.
The well documented quote was something about Obama would have been fetching them coffee a couple years before 2008.
What difference does it make whether Clinton actually spoke what was so obvious?
An amateur is someone with no professional experience for his task.
A guy who was a community organizer with no executive experience of any kind is by definition an amateur as a chief executive.

iwog   befriend   ignore   Fri, 11 May 2012, 5:05pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike (1)     Comment 13

clambo says

A guy who was a community organizer with no executive experience of any kind is by definition an amateur as a chief executive.

Barack Obama has done an excellent job handling the office of president. I disagree with some of his decisions, but the technical skill he has demonstrated is undeniable.

Putting Leon Panetta in the office of Secretary of Defense was questioned by nearly everyone, yet he has performed brilliantly. Many of the new extremely successful anti-terrorist actions can be credited to both Obama and Panetta. They make Bush look like a bumbling idiot and they are knocking off Al Quaeda members faster than I can keep track.

Mr Happygoluckofus   befriend   ignore   Sat, 12 May 2012, 1:26am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (2)     Comment 14

iwog says

Barack Obama has done an excellent job handling the office of president.

"My name is Emer J. Fudd I'm a millionaire, I own a mansion and a yacht. "

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   befriend   ignore   Sat, 12 May 2012, 1:43am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 15

iwog says

they are knocking off Al Quaeda members faster than I can keep track.

Which the GOP complained about.

Real conservatives live to kill.

Fucking partisans.

iwog   befriend   ignore   Sat, 12 May 2012, 2:50am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 16

APOCALYPSEFUCK is Tony Manero says

Which the GOP complained about.

Absolutely true which is why I say there's no ideological battle in this country. It's either a battle against a religious cult, or a hopeless fight to convince delusional people what reality is.

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   befriend   ignore   Sat, 12 May 2012, 4:44am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 17

Ike, hear our prayers!

freak80   befriend   ignore   Sat, 12 May 2012, 6:21am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 18

iwog says

They make Bush look like a bumbling idiot

whoa whoa...wait...

There was a period when Bush wasn't a bumbling idiot?

iwog   befriend   ignore   Sat, 12 May 2012, 7:44am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 19

wthrfrk80 says

There was a period when Bush wasn't a bumbling idiot?

Well conservatives always talk about Bush's success in protecting us from terrorists. It turns out that Bush did a pathetically poor job at killing Al Qaeda.

But yes. Bush was a clown in all regards.

KILLERJANE   befriend   ignore   Sat, 12 May 2012, 8:11am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 20

Yup

freak80   befriend   ignore   Sat, 12 May 2012, 9:49am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 21

I suppose it's hard to prove a negative like, "there were no terrorist attacks in the US during Bush's presidency, therefore it was Bush who prevented terrorist attacks."

My two cents on Bush: if he would have focused on Afghanistan rather than starting another war in Iraq his presidency *might* have been a success. It sounds like he had a lot of "yes men" around him rather than people that could have offered constructive criticism, "brutal facts," and such.

elliemae   befriend   ignore   Sat, 12 May 2012, 10:10am PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 22

wthrfrk80 says

I suppose it's hard to prove a negative like, "there were no terrorist attacks in the US during Bush's presidency, therefore it was Bush who prevented terrorist attacks."

I have a dog whose main purpose in my household is to keep the polar bears out of my yard. She has been exceedingly successful, having ensured that no polar bears enter my yard far into the future. I'm very proud of her efforts - she lays on the porch and doesn't do a damn thing except eat, sleep, snore & fart.

And yet, if she ran for president she would be much more successful than gw, who managed to screw up our country far into the future. Then his Republican buddies can blame it all on President Obama, who inherited the worst economy since the great depression. The bailouts started with gw, the housing bubble popped and the World Trade Centers were decimated during his presidency. His response was to create a war, spending billions to kill a guy who had nothing to do with 9/11.

Some asshole wrote a book saying that Clinton believes Obama is an amateur? Who gives a shit what some guy Clinton says?

Kevin   befriend   ignore   Sat, 12 May 2012, 11:57am PDT   Share   Quote   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 23

I have magic pennies that prevent alien attacks and zombie outbreaks. I'll sell one to you for $100. Double your money back if you are ever attacked by an alien or zombie.

iwog   befriend   ignore   Sat, 12 May 2012, 12:07pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 24

This:

elliemae says

I have a dog whose main purpose in my household is to keep the polar bears out of my yard. She has been exceedingly successful, having ensured that no polar bears enter my yard far into the future. I'm very proud of her efforts - she lays on the porch and doesn't do a damn thing except eat, sleep, snore & fart.

and this:

Kevin says

I have magic pennies that prevent alien attacks and zombie outbreaks. I'll sell one to you for $100. Double your money back if you are ever attacked by an alien or zombie.

Are perfect examples of the logic Republicans use when they claimed George Bush protected us from terrorist attack. (never mind the fact he didn't)

APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch   befriend   ignore   Sat, 12 May 2012, 1:11pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 25

Bush concentrated on one thing - Victor Ashe fucking him in the ass.

Cheney looted America and murdered Iraq and Afghanistan.

freak80   befriend   ignore   Sat, 12 May 2012, 2:32pm PDT   Share   Quote   Like   Dislike     Comment 26

iwog says

Are perfect examples of the logic Republicans use when they claimed George Bush protected us from terrorist attack. (never mind the fact he didn't)

Well that's the thing though...how can anyone prove either "yes he did" or "no he didn't"? Isn't the only correct answer, "nobody really knows"?

Email (Required, will not be visible)

Username (Just pick a name if you're new)

Watch comments by email

home   top   share   link sharer   users   register   best of   about   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net