The stupidity of this country never ceases to shock me

By Dan8267   Follow   Sat, 6 Oct 2012, 2:34pm   7,479 views   56 comments
In Boca Raton FL 33433   Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

OK, so I'm relaxing and watching an episode of South Park, a show that ridicules the ridiculous. Sometimes I think they make shit up, but it always turns out to be something that actually is happening. For example, when I saw the Jonas Brothers episode, I was like, there's no way that Disney is spraying metaphoric cum on the faces and chests of pre-teen and early teen girls. Turns out I was wrong.

Well, in this episode, they show an animate rendering of something called "Honey Boo Boo". So I search YouTube to find out what that is.

How the hell is this crap legal? It's borderline child abuse. No 6-year-old should be even thinking about money, nonetheless narcissistically strutting her fat ass for pedo-chubby-chasers. Personally, I think that all form of childhood beauty pageants are a form of child abuse and probably leaves psychological scars.

One of the things that really disgusts me about this is that it's on TLC, a channel that used to be called The Learning Channel and was one of the best channels on television, but now is the most despicable trashy "Ugly American" network. Oh, how it has fallen. Whoever is responsible for that should be castrated, shot, and slowly beheaded.

« First     « Previous     Viewing Comments 17-56 of 56     Last »     See most liked comments

1. Mick Russom

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    7 threads
    595 comments
    Belmont, CA

17   2:25am Thu 25 Oct 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Welcome to the sewer pipe of media owned, written, produced and broadcast primarily from New York and Los Angeles.

2. JodyChunder

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    32 threads
    1,779 comments
    Victorville, CA

18   6:41am Thu 25 Oct 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

rootvg says

It's because the very idea of parenting out here in this cesspool scares the shit out of me.

Shit...it's bad, but it isn't THAT bad.

And trust, me it's always been a dark, scary planet!

3. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    1,074 threads
    13,831 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

19   6:54am Thu 25 Oct 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Mick Russom says

Welcome to the sewer pipe of media owned, written, produced and broadcast primarily from New York and Los Angeles.

It's not so much that a person would whore herself and her child for fame that surprises me. It's all the people who evidently watch this crap.

There's an awesome show called The Universe on The History Channel. I doubt it's ratings are anywhere near Honey Boo Boo.

4. elliemae

Follow
    Befriend (24)
    473 threads
    7,892 comments
    Saint George, UT
    elliemae's website
    Premium

20   8:21am Thu 25 Oct 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)   Protected  

Dan8267 says

There's an awesome show called The Universe on The History Channel. I doubt it's ratings are anywhere near Honey Boo Boo.

The national attention span is too short to watch anything too deep.

5. taxee

Follow
    Befriend
    88 threads
    466 comments
    El Cerrito, CA

21   9:32am Sat 27 Oct 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

And that's ironic since this is all a symptom of way too much free time.

6. EastCoastBubbleBoy

Follow
    Befriend (13)
    111 threads
    515 comments

22   4:01pm Sat 27 Oct 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

there is no cure for stupid... *SIGH*

7. elliemae

Follow
    Befriend (24)
    473 threads
    7,892 comments
    Saint George, UT
    elliemae's website
    Premium

23   12:12am Sun 28 Oct 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)   Protected  

EastCoastBubbleBoy says

there is no cure for stupid... *SIGH*

You know how you do something stupid, and while you're doing it you say to yourself, "this is really stupid!" (?)

Big, hairy rambunctious dog with huge paws + errant tennis ball = ellie with a black eye. Just happened, and it should be radiating lovely colors Monday morning as I give a professional presentation.

8. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    1,049 threads
    12,912 comments

24   6:17am Mon 29 Oct 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Dan8267 says

The Learning Channel and was one of the best channels on television

Ah but it is educational...
    It's the Liberal media showing how the White guy is stupid and does stupid stuff.
    Like catching catfish with their bare hands, hoarding garbage in their house piled all the way to the roof, red neck toddler trailer trash queens, Dumb ass 20 somethings selling a priceless heirloom that has been in their family since the 1800's to a pawn shop for a few hundred, so his wife can see Katy Perry.

All of those shows they are educational, it is educating America why America can't service 4 more years of Obama, when this is the way his propaganda ministry thinks of the people he is now with hat in hand expecting to vote for HIS sorry Ass.

9. lostand confused

Follow
    Befriend (9)
    556 threads
    3,231 comments

25   7:07am Mon 29 Oct 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Not everything is political or the great liberal conspiracy. Sometimes it is just-follow the money trail. These shows give ratings ,as does Jerry Springer. I must confess, I do like some Jerry Springer from time to time and maury too. Maury is just - I have no words. Those women come up to the stage and say they believe that they know 110% that the guy is their baby daddy and then the DNA proves them wrong and they act all emotional and cry-theater at its most absurd!! But fun and reality. Ratings is what determines a show stays or not.

10. lisalisa

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    82 comments
    New Lenox, IL

26   7:10am Mon 29 Oct 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

If it worked for Jerry Springer, it will work for TLC.
    Captain... it's the dumming down of America. Woo-Hoo.. I'm going to go learn to make moonshine, and kill more gray matter.

11. lostand confused

Follow
    Befriend (9)
    556 threads
    3,231 comments

27   7:11am Mon 29 Oct 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

lisalisa says

If it worked for Jerry Springer, it will work for TLC.
    Captain... it's the dumming down of America. Woo-Hoo.. I'm going to go learn to make moonshine, and kill more gray matter.

I don't think it is a recent phenomenon. Freak shows have always been part of history.

12. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    1,074 threads
    13,831 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

28   7:33am Mon 29 Oct 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

CaptainShuddup says

All of those shows they are educational, it is educating America why America can't service 4 more years of Obama, when this is the way his propaganda ministry thinks of the people he is now with hat in hand expecting to vote for HIS sorry Ass.

Look, I've criticized Obama far more than any right winger. The thing is, my criticism is based on reality, not fantasy.

13. coriacci1

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    73 threads
    334 comments

29   9:08am Mon 29 Oct 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

just turn the damn thing off! throw it out!
    save money!
    the biggest joke is that you pay for the privilege to watch that crap, pbs included!
    just get rid of the damn idiot box for good.
    you don’t need it.
    it needs you.
    when the digital changeover happened, we just said no thanks.
    what a relief to not have the thing blasting drivel shit in the living room anymore!

14. finehoe

Follow
    Befriend
    22 threads
    485 comments
    Washington, DC

30   9:24am Mon 29 Oct 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

All of those shows they are educational, it is educating America

I thought the conservative position was that PBS should be de-funded because networks like TLC do such a good job of filling the educational niche.

15. Quigley

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    56 threads
    2,177 comments
    Huntington Beach, CA

31   9:40am Mon 29 Oct 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

I'm about ready to go along with coriacci and unsubscribe to cable. The kids can watch Netflix, they mostly do anyway and the shows they like are cute and/or educational. I like me some walking dead and dexter, but I don't have to watch it, and I'd be far more productive without it. Maybe I'd pay more attention to the wife too, and thus get more frequent booty. She's definitely a milf. There, that's convinced me!

16. leo707

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    11 threads
    4,088 comments
    Oakland, CA
    leo707's website

32   10:46am Mon 29 Oct 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Adorable sweetheart to disgusting brat.

17. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    1,074 threads
    13,831 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

33   12:30pm Mon 29 Oct 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

leo707 says

Adorable sweetheart to disgusting brat.

I think Honey Boo Boo ate Shirley Temple.

18. American in Japan

Follow
    Befriend (28)
    149 threads
    1,414 comments

34   6:54pm Wed 31 Oct 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I saw the one about the chain smoking toddler/boy from Indonesia... I wanted to smack his parents upside the head.

19. elliemae

Follow
    Befriend (24)
    473 threads
    7,892 comments
    Saint George, UT
    elliemae's website
    Premium

35   6:09am Thu 1 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)   Protected  

Yes - but he got a teevee show! He's something, damnit! I'm just pissed I didn't think of having 8 kids at once, or even six.

20. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    1,049 threads
    12,912 comments

36   6:39am Thu 1 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Dan8267 says

people should have to get licenses to become parents.

Dan8267 says

The liberal in me says no

Well for what it's worth, I've never ever heard a Republican say anything remotely close to suggesting such oppression. But it's becoming a recurring theme among Liberals these days. That is why when Libs want to pin their name on anything with "Parenthood" in it, it makes the rest of the Nation want to run for the nearest exit. In spite of the intentions behind it.

Even more shocking is the three Likes it got.

21. upisdown

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    1,618 comments

37   6:54am Thu 1 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

Well for what it's worth, I've never ever heard a Republican say anything remotely close to suggesting such oppression.

How dense are you? It was directed AT republicans........they're talking about people like YOU!

BTW, how's that urinary tract infection coming along? Waiting for Obama-care to kick in to get antibiotics might be too late.

22. Philistine

Follow
    Befriend
    697 comments
    Los Angeles, CA

38   8:52am Thu 1 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Dan8267 says

people should have to get licenses to become parents

Scary thing is that the people most likely to have kids--and most likely to have the most kids--are people living in Honey Boo Boo country and The Ghetto. Intelligent, creative people tend more and more to have no/fewer children. The implications are staggering.

23. leo707

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    11 threads
    4,088 comments
    Oakland, CA
    leo707's website

39   9:49am Thu 1 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Philistine says

Intelligent, creative people tend more and more to have no/fewer children. The implications are staggering.

For more information on this watch Idiocracy.

24. leo707

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    11 threads
    4,088 comments
    Oakland, CA
    leo707's website

40   9:58am Thu 1 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

Well for what it's worth, I've never ever heard a Republican say anything remotely close to suggesting such oppression.

Hmmmm...Really?

Would you say that the deportation, torture and/or jailing of political opponents would be more oppressive? Because on this very board it is advocated (and not tongue-in-cheek like Dan's "oppressive" comment) by a "Republican" on this thread.

Or if that is not enough for you, how about the wholesale immediate executions of "most" of the people in prison, as advocated by a "Republican" here.

25. exflirt

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    49 comments
    Chandler, AZ

41   10:21am Thu 1 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

coriacci1 says

just turn the damn thing off! throw it out!
    save money!
    the biggest joke is that you pay for the privilege to watch that crap, pbs included!
    just get rid of the damn idiot box for good.
    you don’t need it.
    it needs you.
    when the digital changeover happened, we just said no thanks.
    what a relief to not have the thing blasting drivel shit in the living room anymore!

Moving from one house into another about 3 years ago I warned my children (18, 13, 5) that I was not going to subscribe to any type of television service. Internet, yes, but tv - no.

About a month after moving my then 13 year-old came to me and said "Mom, I don't really miss television." I considered that a victory.

Fast forward 3+ years and my children spend time reading, socializing, being active, and using their imagination. Our lives do not revolve around parking our @sses on the couch at a certain time because we have to numb our minds with some pseudo-celebrity drivel. My children do not come to me begging for the latest doodad featured in a commercial or expecting a party such as shown on My Super Sweet 16. When we want to watch something, one of us will propose a “movie night” and we’ll make a conscious decision to pop some popcorn, gather in the TV room, and hang out while watching an agreed upon movie or a few episodes of a Netflix show.

A much better way of life. And I get to spend the money I save on manicures and massages, woo hoo!

Try it - you'll like it!

26. leo707

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    11 threads
    4,088 comments
    Oakland, CA
    leo707's website

42   11:22am Thu 1 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

exflirt says

When we want to watch something, one of us will propose a “movie night” and we’ll make a conscious decision to pop some popcorn, gather in the TV room, and hang out while watching an agreed upon movie or a few episodes of a Netflix show.

I am curious how often you end up having "movie" nights.

We don't have any TV service either, but usually end up watching plenty of Netflix. The kids maybe about 4-8 hours a week, but the adults much more (after the kids are in bed).

27. exflirt

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    49 comments
    Chandler, AZ

43   12:28pm Thu 1 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

We do movie nights about every 10 days or so.

I watch occasional Netflix (about 6 hours per month) on any number of devices, usually not the TV, though. I find I'm more inclined to do this on my tablet while lying by the pool if I don't have a book to read :-)

My kids will watch about 6 - 8 hours of Netflix per week, including weekends, so it's not too bad. The thing I like the most is that we've cut the tether. I'm not ignoring things that I need to get done in order to sit down to my favorite addiction at a specific time. Also, if my daughter needs my time or attention for any reason I give it to her instead of relegating her needs to commercials. Cuz Netflix is always available and for cheap, too!

Also, many times we watch one of those stunning, mind-boggling "Planet Earth" movies that are educational and encourage conversation and thought. I enjoy that my kids talk with me about them for days afterward, asking questions and reflecting on what we watched. We wouldn't be relating that way if we were watching the Kardashians on tv. Then my daughters would be asking questions that I wouldn't want to answer, ha!

leo707 says

exflirt says

When we want to watch something, one of us will propose a “movie night” and we’ll make a conscious decision to pop some popcorn, gather in the TV room, and hang out while watching an agreed upon movie or a few episodes of a Netflix show.

I am curious how often you end up having "movie" nights.

We don't have any TV service either, but usually end up watching plenty of Netflix. The kids maybe about 4-8 hours a week, but the adults much more (after the kids are in bed).

28. Patrick

Follow
    Befriend (55)
    5,666 threads
    6,354 comments
    male
    Menlo Park, CA
    Premium

44   12:57pm Thu 1 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

I am also greatly relieved not to have any TV in the house, and no cable bill.

We had Netflix for a while, but the kids were watching mainstream TV crap that just makes me cringe, so I cut it off. Streaming movie selection wasn't that great either.

Now I just go the library on Fridays and check out a bunch of DVDs. And we use vast amounts of DSL bandwidth for YouTube, etc.

Philistine says

Scary thing is that the people most likely to have kids--and most likely to have the most kids--are people living in Honey Boo Boo country and The Ghetto. Intelligent, creative people tend more and more to have no/fewer children. The implications are staggering.

Hey, the English used to say stuff like that about the Irish all the time, especially while they were exporting large quantities of food from Ireland during the famine. Kind of justified taking their food while they were dying.

So how did it turn out in the end? Yes, the Irish proliferated in America, which has about 40 million people of Irish descent (like me) from about 1 million Irish immigrants. Irish American birth rates plummeted as the women became more educated and less religious. My dad was the last of eight kids. I'm one of four. I have two kids myself. And without an English aristocracy milking and shearing them like animals, the Irish here did better and better, till now they are almost the very definition of mainstream Americans, and in fact do a little better on average than most Americans.

If you want iront, note that "Idiocracy" star Luke Wilson is himself Irish-American:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Wilson

The Republic of Ireland itself also recovered from the famine and went on eventually become independent and then one of the most prosperous countries in Europe, even with its current finanical problems. The old English landlords were mostly dispossesed and the land given to native people.

But in Northern Ireland, where the wealthy citizens of invading English origin still have utter contempt for the native people and still demand unearned land rents from them, the Irish remain the underclass.

There's a lesson in there.

29. elliemae

Follow
    Befriend (24)
    473 threads
    7,892 comments
    Saint George, UT
    elliemae's website
    Premium

45   2:51am Fri 2 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)   Protected  

And in the corner they're advertising the show "Sister Wives." It's about a jerk who has several wives and thinks he's hot shit.

Or, as we call it in Utah, the neighbors.

30. elliemae

Follow
    Befriend (24)
    473 threads
    7,892 comments
    Saint George, UT
    elliemae's website
    Premium

46   7:24am Fri 2 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike (1)   Protected  

it's a battle!!!!

octomom has gone to rehab, a luxury she can afford due to a dvd she made that features her masturbating. Lindsay Lohan's father, the hot mess patriarch of a hot mess family with tons o' addiction and super bizarre fame whore behaviors, is claiming that he helped to convice the freak to go to rehab.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/02/octomom-rehab-alone-michael-lohan-nadya-suleman/

FYI, ya'll know that elliemae loves a a good masturbating joke as much -even more so- than the next guy. But I cut my right hand off when she made the dvd...

These people are nuts. Simply nuts.

31. coriacci1

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    73 threads
    334 comments

47   7:39am Fri 2 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Patrick says

There's a lesson in there.

study up bigsby.

32. American in Japan

Follow
    Befriend (28)
    149 threads
    1,414 comments

48   7:55am Fri 2 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Stupid is as stupid does!

33. leo707

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    11 threads
    4,088 comments
    Oakland, CA
    leo707's website

49   2:50pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Melmakian says

elliemae says

These people are nuts. Simply nuts.

Hear! Hear!

Yes, but who is more the nut. The nut, or the nuts who watch the nuts show.

34. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    1,074 threads
    13,831 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

50   10:23am Tue 6 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

leo707 says

Yes, but who is more the nut. The nut, or the nuts who watch the nuts show.

Thank you Obi wan Kenobi. Meesa gonna watch Boo Boo.

35. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    1,074 threads
    13,831 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

51   6:55pm Thu 8 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Melmakian says

Dan8267 says

Meesa gonna watch Boo Boo.

Dude...with Disney in charge of Jar-Jar now, I wouldn't be offering up any creative ideas they might take seriously.

Just sayin'...

Good point.

In related news Angry Birds Starwars just came out.

36. thunderlips11

Follow
    Befriend (13)
    281 threads
    5,403 comments

52   10:36am Fri 9 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Mick Russom says

Too bad that show is about hicks from the rural Georgia. "Baby Pageants" are far, far more popular in fly-over country than they are on the Coasts. These things happen in West Virginia but seldom in Boston. Remember that crazy witch ex-model from WV who killed her kid and tried to blame it on terrorists? Her child was a "Baby Pageant" contestant, too.

It might be produced in LA and NY, but the "baby pageant" crap originated in Southern Culture.

37. thunderlips11

Follow
    Befriend (13)
    281 threads
    5,403 comments

53   10:39am Fri 9 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

elliemae says

And in the corner they're advertising the show "Sister Wives." It's about a jerk who has several wives and thinks he's hot shit.

Or, as we call it in Utah, the neighbors.

Shit, I would have a headache, having been told to take out the trash or move something heavy from multiple women. Count me out.

38. Ceffer

Follow
    Befriend
    22 threads
    3,991 comments
    Berkeley, CA

54   11:17am Fri 9 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

elliemae says

octomom has gone to rehab, a luxury she can afford due to a dvd she made that features her masturbating.

Maybe she was just trying to hatch some eggs from the refrigerator.

39. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,832 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

55   1:17am Sat 10 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

Ancient Rome wasn't entertained without a few humans horribly killed in an arena. I guess it's all about the times we live in.

I watched a single episode of that show just so I could talk about it.

40. HEY YOU

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    936 threads
    2,375 comments

56   1:22am Sat 10 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

I don't have time for TV. I'm too busy reading stupid comments or posting stupid comments.

« First     « Previous comments    

Dan8267 is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 640 milliseconds to create.