How the presidential election affects the real estate market

By Patrick   Follow   Thu, 1 Nov 2012, 10:07pm   785 views   9 comments
In Menlo Park CA 94025   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://www.washingtonpost.com/realestate/how-the-presidential-election-affects-the-real-estate-market/2012/08/30/ccefd218-e585-11e1-8741-940e3f6dbf48_story.html?source=Patrick.net

Whether you prefer President Obama or Republican nominee Mitt Romney, theres no denying that the next presidents economic policies will be a key driver of the health of real estate for the next four years, not to mention the price of a mortgage.

Viewing Comments 1-9 of 9     Last »     See most liked comments

1. toothfairy

Follow
    Befriend
    43 threads
    912 comments

1   10:56pm Thu 1 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike (1)  

I think Romney would be better for housing. Mainly because the stock market would boom. There would be a lot of money coming off the sidelines.

2. bmwman91

Follow
    Befriend (7)
    40 threads
    1,539 comments

2   11:31pm Thu 1 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike  

How is "better" being defined? Higher prices?

3. pdh

Follow
    Befriend
    53 comments
    Durham, NC

3   11:32pm Thu 1 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

toothfairy says

I think Romney would be better for housing. Mainly because the stock market would boom.

That would certainly go against history.

4. toothfairy

Follow
    Befriend
    43 threads
    912 comments

4   1:24am Fri 2 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Lol, yeah by better I meaning prices going up not down.

5. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    911 threads
    11,672 comments

5   6:03am Fri 2 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

pdh says

That would certainly go against history.

Sooooo you're saying Romney was President before, BUT the stock and the housing market didn't fare well on his watch?

No see, you're confusing him for the other the guy. I know they look a like, talk a like and Obama likes to still Romney's Ideas then claim them as his own. But one has a Red tie and is White and the other fella has a blue tie and is Black. Glad I could clear that up for you, so you don't go around sounding like a complete Jackass.

6. BobMSN

Follow
    Befriend
    6 threads
    107 comments

6   7:31am Fri 2 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike  

Under President Obama, there is no real “real estate market”. The government will pick up the winners and losers as long as the big government can grow.
    The bank has no interest to liquidate the shadow inventory because the free money from Fed.
    The squatters will stay as long as possible by exhausting all means, like principle reduction, loaner modification, etc.
    The investors will stay on the side lines because there is no clear prediction that how and when they will be wiped out by the government again.
    The hard working families will not be able to buy a home they can afford because the bank and government subsidized home “owner” have no interest to sell.

People’s life would be further controlled by the big government through control of “real estate market”.

7. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    827 threads
    7,070 comments
    Baltimore, MD

7   7:33am Fri 2 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Actually I expect the stock market to go up after the election no matter who wins. The market hates uncertainty. I do expect it to go up more if Romney wins.

8. Goran_K

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    31 threads
    2,192 comments
    Laguna Beach, CA

8   7:42am Fri 2 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Is there even a housing market? Orange County as a whole is going towards a month to LESS than a month of inventory. What we have is grid locked, demand destruction, no inventory, and no foreclosures happenings supposedly because of MERS.

The housing "market" is disappearing.

9. Goran_K

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    31 threads
    2,192 comments
    Laguna Beach, CA

9   7:43am Fri 2 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

btw Patrick, I think something is broken in the code. Can't edit my own comments.

Premium member Patrick is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 72 milliseconds to create.