Most polls show Obama surging 4 days before the election

By iwog   Follow   Fri, 2 Nov 2012, 1:11pm   6,979 views   170 comments
In Lafayette CA 94549   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

I imagine it's because of Obama's competent handling of the storm combined with continued good economic news. Either way Romney cannot win even if by some miracle he wins Ohio assuming the averages of all polling is correct.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/?state=nwa

« First     « Previous     Viewing Comments 131-170 of 170     Last »     See most liked comments

1. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    864 threads
    11,137 comments

131   11:36am Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

rooemoore says

So are you saying that the ocean level has not risen in the last 40 years?

Perhaps but unless the tide flows tomorrow and washes us all away, I don't see how that is even relevant to this argument.

2. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    864 threads
    11,137 comments

132   11:39am Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

From CNN "Toilet rolls are gold"

Unless there's a toilet in the voting booth tomorrow I think the writing is already on the stall.

3. rooemoore

Follow
    Befriend
    44 threads
    1,316 comments
    male
    Larkspur, CA

133   11:39am Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

rooemoore says

So are you saying that the ocean level has not risen in the last 40 years?

Perhaps but unless the tide flows tomorrow and washes us all away, I don't see how that is even relevant to this argument.

Well, in lower Manhattan a foot lower sea level would have made a huge difference in the amount of flooding.

Meanwhile, in Venice...

4. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    832 threads
    10,384 comments

134   11:45am Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

rooemoore says

Well, in lower Manhattan a foot lower sea level would have made a huge difference in the amount of flooding.

Maybe they should have built Manhattan a foot HIGHER!!!

5. CL

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    184 threads
    1,897 comments
    Emeryville, CA

135   11:46am Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

AverageBear says

But FEMA's response in both storms were piss poor, and to read IWOG saying how great Obama 'fixed everything right' is pure comedy.

http://maristpoll.marist.edu/113-floridians-applaud-obamas-handling-of-hurricane-sandy/

"Nearly seven in ten registered voters in Florida approve of how President Barack Obama is dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, including a slim majority of Republicans. Overall, 69% give the president good reviews while only 11% disapprove. 20% are unsure. This includes 89% of Democrats, 51% of Republicans, and 65% of independents who approve of the president’s handling of the super storm."

Uh, yeah. Sounds like the country thinks Obama handled it as bad as Bush. :)

6. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    378 threads
    20,008 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

136   11:49am Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

AverageBear says

and to read IWOG saying how great Obama 'fixed everything right' is pure comedy.

What's pure comedy is you making up quotes I never typed.

7. rooemoore

Follow
    Befriend
    44 threads
    1,316 comments
    male
    Larkspur, CA

137   11:50am Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

You must be waring down, Lib argument number 248 when losing your position post a graph villainizing Michael Moore's 1% plight.

And what is your position? Hope multinational corporations and 'too big to fail banks' take pity on you?

The funny thing is that we agree that many Americans are getting screwed by the corporate owned political system. You just want to blame the gays, the feminists, the environmentalists, and whole bunch of other folks who are not to blame.

Sorry about the aging white thing - guess I hit a nerve.

8. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    262 threads
    5,783 comments
    Davis, CA

138   11:51am Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Now I'm really worried.

IT'S IN THE BAG NO WORRIES!

Then a bunch of Obama voters skip voting and RMoney wins.

9. rooemoore

Follow
    Befriend
    44 threads
    1,316 comments
    male
    Larkspur, CA

139   11:53am Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Call it Crazy says

rooemoore says

Maybe they should have built Manhattan a foot HIGHER!!!

That's pretty funny.

Here's a tip for all you parents who are worried that your kids wont be able to find jobs. Rich people live near the oceans and they will be spending $$$ to build barriers from the rising waters.

10. rooemoore

Follow
    Befriend
    44 threads
    1,316 comments
    male
    Larkspur, CA

140   11:54am Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Vicente says

Now I'm really worried.

IT'S IN THE BAG NO WORRIES!

Then a bunch of Obama voters skip voting and RMoney wins.

I agree. Obama is looking good, but far from a lock.

11. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    864 threads
    11,137 comments

141   11:57am Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

Now where do I inject my own opinion about what you should have said. That one always confuses me most

rooemoore says

And what is your position? Hope multinational corporations and 'too big to fail banks' take pity on you?

That's IT! That's how you do it, see that one always confuses me.

Here now let me do one...

"So what are you going to do, close all of the school unions and live in a tent?" well No, I still need some work. But you guys are the master of irrelevant injection, and I commend you for it. But it wont be enough to get your guy elected, you know that, right? What I said or what you said I said, has no bearing on nothing. People are more concerned about What Obama said, then what Obama did, or Not Did as it were.

12. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    832 threads
    10,384 comments

142   12:04pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

rooemoore says

Rich people live near the oceans and they will be spending $$$ to build barriers from the rising waters.

If the ocean has risen over these years like you said, how come they haven't built these barriers yet???

Seems a little late now....

13. rooemoore

Follow
    Befriend
    44 threads
    1,316 comments
    male
    Larkspur, CA

143   12:05pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

That's IT! That's how you do it, see that one always confuses me.

It was a rhetorical question, commonly used in debate. It is backed up by the fact that you support Mitt Romney, who is kind of a big business, wealthy person champion.

Sorry I confused you.

14. david1

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    9 threads
    790 comments
    33 male
    Fort Mill, SC

144   12:06pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Call it Crazy says

If the ocean has risen over these years like you said, how come they haven't built these barriers yet???

You must not live near the beach...it seems to me there have been a fair amount of beach "reclaimation" projects the past several years...

15. rooemoore

Follow
    Befriend
    44 threads
    1,316 comments
    male
    Larkspur, CA

145   12:07pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Call it Crazy says

rooemoore says

Rich people live near the oceans and they will be spending $$$ to build barriers from the rising waters.

Probably is too late, but you never know unless you try.

16. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    832 threads
    10,384 comments

146   12:10pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CL says

"Nearly seven in ten registered voters in Florida approve of how President Barack Obama is dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, including a slim majority of Republicans. Overall, 69% give the president good reviews while only 11% disapprove. 20% are unsure. This includes 89% of Democrats, 51% of Republicans, and 65% of independents who approve of the president’s handling of the super storm."

Now go ask the people in NJ and NY what THEY think.....

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57544884/nyc-mayor-bloomberg-says-up-to-40000-may-need-relocation/

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/04/storm-sandy-power-idUSL1E8M41KG20121104

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/when_are_we_gonna_get_some_ing_help_T35TrXo1FCdu7YRBmQkQ8L

http://weeklystandard.com/blogs/video-sandy-victims-beg-help_660345.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-region-gas-crisis-continues-drivers-waiting-article-1.1196639

17. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    378 threads
    20,008 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

147   12:13pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

It doesn't matter how hard the government works to restore things after a disaster, there will still be miserable people who blame the government for not doing more.

By all reasonable accounts, and not the lunatics speaking from the right, Obama and FEMA are doing what they can and doing it competently.

18. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    832 threads
    10,384 comments

148   12:16pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

david1 says

You must not live near the beach...it seems to me there have been a fair amount of beach "reclaimation" projects the past several years...

As you can tell by the flood damage, they worked real well!!

19. dublin hillz

Follow
    Befriend
    52 threads
    1,791 comments
    Dublin, CA

149   12:17pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Current stats show that Barack has 86.3% chance of winning and is favored by 76.9 electoral votes. Additionally he is up by 10.2 electoral votes since 10/28. I would say that Barack should win this thing relatively easily at this point, the only way Bain has a chance is due to the fact that Barack is only up by 2.1% when it comes to popular vote. Still, it would be a huge upset for Bain to win at this point, the equivalent of cardinals beating the patriots in week 2 of the NFL.

20. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    810 threads
    6,942 comments
    Baltimore, MD

150   12:20pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Early election results, via MSNBC:

Mind you the article states that this is probably a test page.

21. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    832 threads
    10,384 comments

151   12:20pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

iwog says

By all reasonable accounts, and not the lunatics speaking from the right, Obama and FEMA are doing what they can and doing it competently.

Ah, I see... since NY and NJ are primarily "blue" states and Obama voters, the people complaining and interviewed in my links must just be the few "right wingers", because as we all know, liberals wouldn't make a peep in this situation..... they would just sit in the cold quietly....

22. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    864 threads
    11,137 comments

152   12:21pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

rooemoore says

It was a rhetorical question, commonly used in debate. It is backed up by the fact that you support Mitt Romney, who is kind of a big business, wealthy person champion.

Sorry I confused you.

Ha ha ha, now that time you were a victim of your own hubris.
    How do you fit all of your self in there?

23. Honest Abe

Follow
    Befriend (41)
    108 threads
    1,839 comments

153   12:38pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AF_KENYA_OBAMA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-11-05-07-27-50

Obama surging...in Kenya, and China, and Russia and Venezuela and North Korea and Kazakhstan and Cuba and the south side of Chicago.

24. rooemoore

Follow
    Befriend
    44 threads
    1,316 comments
    male
    Larkspur, CA

154   12:41pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

rooemoore says

Sorry I confused you.

Ha ha ha, now that time you were a victim of your own hubris.

How do you fit all of your self in there?

huh?

25. edvard2

Follow
    Befriend
    53 threads
    3,807 comments

155   12:46pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Honest Abe says

Obama surging...in Kenya, and China, and Russia and Venezuela and North Korea and Kazakhstan and Cuba and the south side of Chicago.

Show me any stats that indicates anything even remotely suggestive of that. Either way- the Republicans lost. Too bad. Four years of utter nonsense did them no good whatsoever.

26. rooemoore

Follow
    Befriend
    44 threads
    1,316 comments
    male
    Larkspur, CA

156   12:48pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

edvard2 says

Four years of utter nonsense did them no good whatsoever.

Didn't do anyone any good.

27. Honest Abe

Follow
    Befriend (41)
    108 threads
    1,839 comments

157   12:49pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

OK, I made up "the south side of Chicago" so sue me.

Tomorrow we'll have a new president, President Romney, and it will give me great pleasure saying "I told you so".

28. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    864 threads
    11,137 comments

158   12:56pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

IN stereo...

29. rooemoore

Follow
    Befriend
    44 threads
    1,316 comments
    male
    Larkspur, CA

159   12:57pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Honest Abe says

Tomorrow we'll have a new president, President Romney, and it will give me great pleasure saying "I told you so".

I'll bet you $10,000.

30. bdrasin

Follow
    Befriend
    7 threads
    561 comments
    Alameda, CA

160   1:02pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

rooemoore says

Honest Abe says

I'll bet you $10,000.

Don't take his bet. On Intrade you can get two-to-one odds, or three-to-one on Betfair! If you feel confident there's no reason to hold back at this point.

31. gbenson

Follow
    Befriend
    17 threads
    426 comments

161   1:02pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

rooemoore says

I'll bet you $10,000.

There has been enough polling done in the swing states to where there is a reasonable confidence level of the results. If Romney does win the electoral college tomorrow, then there is something fishy going on.

But if Abe is taking bets, I'm in for $10k on O as well.

32. edvard2

Follow
    Befriend
    53 threads
    3,807 comments

162   1:20pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

bdrasin says

... I believe that there's going to be some pretty disappointed Republicans tomorrow...

33. toothfairy

Follow
    Befriend
    43 threads
    912 comments

163   1:21pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

The bad thing about Obama winning is Republicans in congress will do their best to create a shitty economy for 4 years because they think it'll get them elected in 2016.

34. gbenson

Follow
    Befriend
    17 threads
    426 comments

164   1:35pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

bdrasin says

On Intrade you can get two-to-one odds

Republican's won't actually bet their own money, they are only good at gambling with, and losing, other people's cash.

35. pazuzu

Follow
    Befriend
    6 threads
    195 comments

165   1:37pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

fairy: "...Republicans in congress will do their best to create a shitty economy for 4 years"

This is confusing, aren't you the mental giant who was going to vote for Gingrich?

http://patrick.net/forum/?p=1207877

36. toothfairy

Follow
    Befriend
    43 threads
    912 comments

166   1:56pm Mon 5 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

That's one reason I'm probably voting republican because I'm tired of hearing them whining.

37. CL

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    184 threads
    1,897 comments
    Emeryville, CA

167   1:51pm Tue 6 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

edvard2 says

.. I believe that there's going to be some pretty disappointed Republicans tomorrow...

But will they learn? They won't punish the liars who force-fed them this story of momentum. They won't question Faux news. They won't question the Tub-o-goo from EIB. They won't hold their own to account. They won't punish the deceivers, even when they themselves are the deceived.

Crazy, crazy conservatives.

38. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    378 threads
    20,008 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

168   2:00pm Tue 6 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

CL says

But will they learn?

Exactly. Shrek is about to have every premise he's held about the election destroyed. He believed the wrong polls, cited the wrong articles, and accepted a bunch of sewage from his right wing masters which will turn out to be absolutely worthless.

Will he make any intellectual changes to his approach? Will he learn something? HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!

39. AverageBear

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    28 threads
    639 comments
    Boston, MA

169   10:01am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Homeboy says

Gee, don't know if I have time to click all those links. LOL.

----------------------------------
    Homey, I stand corrected. For the record, I did hear about utility crews being turned away on WINS 1010 radio, and did see the initial reports. They have been corrected, as there was a misunderstanding which had been corrected. Although there were a few crews rerouted to NY until the misunderstanding was corrected, it wasn't worth my incorrect rant. Hence no links....Enjoy the glory of Obama's win. I now know how you felt when Bush won his 2nd term... I know the sky won't fall, but I've seen better days....

40. gbenson

Follow
    Befriend
    17 threads
    426 comments

170   4:40pm Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Doesn't Abe owe us some money?

« First     « Previous comments    

Premium member iwog is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 169 milliseconds to create.