« previous   misc   next »

Patrick.net Coffee Hour Sat Nov 10th at 10:00am

By Patrick   Follow   Tue, 6 Nov 2012, 3:28am PST   4,701 views   64 comments
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

If anyone wants to meet up for coffee this coming Saturday Nov 10th, I'll be at La Boulange at the corner of High Street and University Ave (151 University Ave) in Palo Alto at 10:00am.

I'll wear a blue Notre Dame baseball cap with "ND" on the front.

« First     « Previous     Comments 25-64 of 64     Last »

bg   Sat, 10 Nov 2012, 12:44am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 25

I gave up coffee a couple of months ago. This may be a special occasion, though. I am totally up for a photo!

bg   Sat, 10 Nov 2012, 6:28am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (4)   Dislike     Comment 26

I had a really nice time today. It was fun to meet everyone who showed up. A very nice group of people. I should have moved down to the other end of the table to talk to Leo and PK. Hopefully we can do that again sometime.

Got a copy of the book AND a bumper sticker. WOOOO HOOOO!

David Losh   Sat, 10 Nov 2012, 6:37am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 27

Will there be pictures?

Patrick   Sat, 10 Nov 2012, 6:47am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (4)   Dislike     Comment 28

Funny you should ask right when I'm uploading the group photo:

Peter P   Sat, 10 Nov 2012, 9:13am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (5)   Dislike     Comment 29

It was a fun meeting! I got to meet justme. As expected, he was a smart, reasonable, and interesting person! We should have more of this.

Thanks Patrick for organizing the coffee hour.

elliemae   Sat, 10 Nov 2012, 12:15pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 30

Seems like there was something afoot...

pkennedy   Sat, 10 Nov 2012, 12:51pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 31

Hm my feet seemed to have gotten in there.

justme   Sat, 10 Nov 2012, 1:53pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 32

Awesome meeting, we just could not stop talking.

I'm disappointed (?) though that no realtors showed up to harass us. Except maybe that lady with the macbook that showed up towards the end (not your wife pkennedy, I mean at the other end of the table :)). She looked the part and could have been a NAR spy :)

But were there only 8 pairs of feet, I thought there were 9 of us??

justme   Sat, 10 Nov 2012, 1:56pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 33

Peter P says

justme says

Melmakian == Shrek ??

Peter P says

Are you testing for equality or identity? Or does it even matter? :-)

[Geek Joke Alert]. I wanted to test for equality rather than "assign" blame.

Shrekgrinch, you shoulda' been there.

Peter P   Sat, 10 Nov 2012, 2:19pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 34

I was looking forward to meet Shrek in his furry costume. :-)

Patrick   Sat, 10 Nov 2012, 3:16pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 35

Should we all show up at some open house next time, mess with the realtor, and then laugh about it at a cafe?

KILLERJANE   Sat, 10 Nov 2012, 4:41pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 36

Only one girl there?

KILLERJANE   Sat, 10 Nov 2012, 4:42pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 37

Next to the flip flopper

Peter P   Sat, 10 Nov 2012, 5:17pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 38

Patrick says

Should we all show up at some open house next time, mess with the realtor, and then laugh about it at a cafe?

Let's not be mean. We are better than that. :-)

justme   Sat, 10 Nov 2012, 11:42pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 39

It's tempting, though. We don't have to be better than them ;-)

Patrick   Sun, 11 Nov 2012, 12:44am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 40

KILLERJANE says

Only one girl there?

You are right. Good reading of shoes.

mell   Sun, 11 Nov 2012, 2:17am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 41

KILLERJANE says

Next to the flip flopper

Were you admiring the flip-floppers gorgeous feet?

Peter P   Sun, 11 Nov 2012, 3:31am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 42

Perhaps Patrick can upload the picture to http://www.wikifeet.com/.

Not sure if we qualify as celebrities. :-)

jvolstad   Sun, 11 Nov 2012, 3:41am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 43

Patrick says

Count me in for that! I might bring a copy of my bank statement, showing how much cash I have saved renting, and tell the Realtor "you're not going to get my money."

Patrick   Sun, 11 Nov 2012, 3:45am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 44

Peter P says

Damn, I checked and they limit photos to actors who are in IMDB.

jvolstad   Sun, 11 Nov 2012, 4:37am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 45

Patrick says

Peter P says

Damn, I checked and they limit photos to actors who are in IMDB.

Jessup, MD hotel room. Resting up before flying back to SFO. And yes, I have big feet. ;-)

Patrick   Sun, 11 Nov 2012, 4:40am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike     Comment 46

BTW, thanks to justme for pointing out that Patrick.net is now the second Google result for "cannibal anarchy":

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=en&q=cannibal+anarchy

It makes me proud. Sniff.

Peter P   Sun, 11 Nov 2012, 6:44am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike     Comment 47

Cannibal Anarchism marginalizes vegetarians.

justme   Sun, 11 Nov 2012, 11:46am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 48

I was trying to find out where the whole Cannibal Anarchy meme came from. I thought it may have been from a movie or something, but nobody seemed to know.

Shostakovich, don't tell me you INVENTED it??

Peter P   Sun, 11 Nov 2012, 2:04pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 49

Some people here are really inventive. I will not be surprised if he did coin that term.

coriacci1   Sun, 11 Nov 2012, 4:43pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 50

the cleanest shoes i’ve seen in a long time. bet youze guys are all suburban drivaholics.

leo707   Mon, 12 Nov 2012, 2:02am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 51

bg says

I had a really nice time today. It was fun to meet everyone who showed up. A very nice group of people.

Yeah, I had a good time also. I would have liked to have stayed longer. Conversation was pretty lively for a group of people who just met. I was expecting at least a few awkward attempts at small talk.

bg says

I should have moved down to the other end of the table to talk to Leo and PK. Hopefully we can do that again sometime.

It is always nice to have a reason to come back.

leo707   Mon, 12 Nov 2012, 2:05am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 52

coriacci1 says

the cleanest shoes i’ve seen in a long time. bet youze guys are all suburban drivaholics.

Nah, Patrick must have been using a soft-lens. The shoes were not that clean.

At least one person rode a bike there, and some of the others were city dwellers.

KILLERJANE   Mon, 12 Nov 2012, 2:42am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 53

mell says

KILLERJANE says

Next to the flip flopper

Were you admiring the flip-floppers gorgeous feet?

Just smart. I am a fan of heels n jeans. Boots n jeans.

KILLERJANE   Mon, 12 Nov 2012, 2:43am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 54

Who is the flip flopper? Spill it. Who is the boots girl?

Patrick   Mon, 12 Nov 2012, 2:53am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 55

I'm the bike rider (anywhere I can possibly go by bike or train, I do) and my shoes are the brown loafers on the left.

Same place in a month? My only complaint is that that cafe is very noisy and it can be hard to hear.

leo707   Mon, 12 Nov 2012, 3:08am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 56

Patrick says

I'm the bike rider (anywhere I can possibly go by bike or train, I do) and my shoes are the brown loafers on the left.

I drove to get there, but my usual commute to work is by foot.

Patrick says

Same place in a month? My only complaint is that that cafe is very noisy and it can be hard to hear.

Yeah, it was hard to hear what was going on at the other end of the table.

I would be up for meeting again, but with the holidays coming up I might find it difficult to find the time until after the new year. If you set another meeting up again before then I will try to make it.

bg   Mon, 12 Nov 2012, 9:04pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 57

KILLERJANE says

Only one girl there?

Mine were the girl feet :-)

bg   Mon, 12 Nov 2012, 9:09pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 58

leo707 says

Yeah, it was hard to hear what was going on at the other end of the table.

I think there is a library near there that might have a little conference room we can use. I know the Belmont library has conference rooms. And it has a Starbucks and a bagel place across the street.

justme says

It's tempting, though. We don't have to be better than them ;-)

Peter P says

Let's not be mean. We are better than that. :-)

We don't have to be mean. We can just share ideas with each other. Don't even have to include them in that lively conversation.

errc   Mon, 12 Nov 2012, 9:20pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 59

Peter P says

Cannibal Anarchism marginalizes vegetarians.

Rigghtfully so

justme   Wed, 14 Nov 2012, 11:29am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 60

bg says

We don't have to be mean. We can just share ideas with each other.

Yup, it could be more of an exchange of viewpoints between open-house visitors. Pros and cons, pricing, value and the like.

mell   Wed, 14 Nov 2012, 12:09pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 61

KILLERJANE says

Who is the flip flopper? Spill it. Who is the boots girl?

Flip flopper.

elliemae   Thu, 15 Nov 2012, 10:25am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 62

mell says

Flip flopper.

nice toes. flip flops (or as I call them, formal wear) are my fav shoes.

EastCoastBubbleBoy   Thu, 15 Nov 2012, 11:05am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 63

someone (preferably not me) should put together an East Coast meet-up after the holidays.

CaptainShuddup   Thu, 15 Nov 2012, 11:30pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)     Comment 64

Flip Flops = Florida Florsheim

« First     « Previous comments    

Patrick is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email

home   top   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net