GOP must muzzle Rush Limbaugh

By bgamall4   Follow   Wed, 7 Nov 2012, 6:55am   2,616 views   41 comments
In Las Vegas NV 89117   Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83454.html

Republican strategist Steve Schmidt said early Wednesday morning on MSNBC that it’s time for Republican leaders to stand up to “extreme statements” and “nonsense” coming from within the GOP, including Rush Limbaugh. “Now, people calling for revolution and these extreme statements — when I talk about a civil war in the Republican Party, what I mean is, it’s time for Republican elected leaders to stand up and to repudiate this nonsense, and to repudiate it directly,” Schmidt said.

« First     « Previous     Viewing Comments 2-41 of 41     Last »     See most liked comments

1. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    806 threads
    10,677 comments

2   7:08am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

When the temperature of Rome starts getting above Hades, and your first Gay this and Black that, don't have the experience to deal with amber glow of the city. Don't go crying to Billy Graham.

2. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,488 comments

3   7:21am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

the trouble with the Repub ticket this round, along with most of the GOP political will, is not that they are too much to the right, it's that they are too much to the left. It takes true conservative values to expose and destroy the cancer of liberalism. The Repubs fear conservatism as much as, if not more than, Dems do.

The biggest loser from this election, besides the freedoms of man, will be Isreal.

3. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    258 threads
    5,686 comments
    Davis, CA

4   7:23am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike  

Bap33 says

The Repubs fear conservatism as much as, if not more than, Dems do.

Man, that is rich right there. Republicans fear conservatism. The self-loathing has no bottom to it, does it?

4. Quigley

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    49 threads
    1,761 comments
    Huntington Beach, CA

5   7:30am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike  

"The biggest loser from this election, besides the freedoms of man, will be Isreal."

Wow, since when is the stake of that tiny belligerent nation a decisive factor in determining what is best for Americans? Indifference to the demands of Israel is one of the things I like about Obama.

I have to say, even though I don't agree with most of what he's doing, I was a bit relieved to see the presidency remain in the hands of someone who didnt blow up the world on his first go-round.
    Maybe he'll surprise us? I hope things get better. I didn't support him during the election, but I'll support Obama as president. Doesn't mean I won't disagree, but every policy deserves review on its own merits, regardless of the man presenting it.

5. APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch

Follow
    Befriend (27)
    378 threads
    10,373 comments

6   7:33am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Pussy president. He needs to start 5-20 more wars if he wants to be taken seriously by conservatives.

6. Bellingham Bill

Follow
    Befriend
    74 threads
    3,113 comments
    Bellingham, WA

7   7:37am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

bap, when your talk is something that Hitler could have been ranting in his most emotional, maybe it's time you check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Thinking that there is a "Cancer of liberalism" in the first place is why you lost this election so bad.

Romney was mouthing that crap to his millionaire supporters -- what they wanted to hear -- and when that tape came out he was screwed.

Liberalism -- Big Government -- is necessary because free market fundamentalism necessarily devolves into plutocracy -- those controlling the wealth structure society to their benefit, until the masses can no longer take this injustice and Really Bad Things happen (France 1789, Russia 1918).

Conservative laissez-faire ideologies wedged this nation bad in the 1920s, and they did so again the last decade.

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/CP/

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/TCMDODNS

To unwedge ourselves is going to be a long, hard struggle back to sanity.

I welcome you on this path, bap.

7. APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch

Follow
    Befriend (27)
    378 threads
    10,373 comments

8   7:40am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

There's no hope. Wall Street wants a theocratic dystopia. It's denizens think they can isolate themselves in New Canaan with hired armies to protect themselves from starving mobs and warring nomadic tribes.

8. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,488 comments

9   9:17am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)  

Quigley says

"The biggest loser from this election, besides the freedoms of man, will be Isreal."
    Wow, since when is the stake of that tiny belligerent nation a decisive factor in determining what is best for Americans? Indifference to the demands of Israel is one of the things I like about Obama.

I did not say anything about Americans, I said freedom of man and Isreal are the losers. And others agree:

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-victory-spells-trouble-israels-netanyahu-124053396.html

Thank you.

Vicente says

Bap33 says

The Repubs fear conservatism as much as, if not more than, Dems do.

Man, that is rich right there. Republicans fear conservatism. The self-loathing has no bottom to it, does it?

That is how I see it. All political animals of all stripes and spots, fear pro-America, pro-constitution, pro-God, pro-freedom, conservatisim. Conservatism is a threat to politics, while liberalism relies on currupt politics and more currupt legal system to allow the cancer to spread. America is upside down as of Clinton .. up is down, good is bad, and conservatism's roll is to be the spot light on the cancer, if for no other reason than for the historians to get it right when they chronicle the end days of America, much like Rome's end days were logged.

9. edvard2

Follow
    Befriend
    53 threads
    3,807 comments

10   9:25am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Ultra-right leaning rhetoric clearly isn't going to work anymore. We've been hearing this same crap ever since Obama got elected. So if it actually did any good I've yet to see any evidence. So as far as I'm concerned if we see four more years of ridiculous, ,right wing conspiracies and the same blathering nonsense we've grown accustomed to.... then they will lose and lose again.

10. Quigley

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    49 threads
    1,761 comments
    Huntington Beach, CA

11   9:49am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Bap33 says, "I did not say anything about Americans, I said freedom of man and Isreal are the losers. And others agree:"

My point, since it obviously passed right over your head, is that WHO the hell cares? I have Jewish acquaintances, and one is a good friend. But that doesn't equate to me wanting the US government to give billions we don't have to Israel or to enter new wars because Israel would like us to bail them out. Without America's military threat, the Hebrews would have to make peace with their neighbors and stop being such insular assholes to everyone else. Theirs is a racially discriminative government: if you're not a Jew you can't vote and you don't matter or have any rights. That's not what America is all about. So once again I ask: who cares?

11. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,488 comments

12   9:52am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

@edvard

that is true ... as long as the mass media keeps the lid on the truth ... as long as welfare keeps the drug abuser hyper breeders fat, dumb, and happy to vote for Lord Barry ... as long as immoral behavior and immproper social conduct are cuddled by liberal vote hunters ... as long as personal accountablity is viewed as a bad thing by liberal vote hunters ... and as long as ballot access is not limited to legal, valid, non-druggie, pro-American voters ... the left has nothing to worry about ... that is until China stops taking IOUs and that green money getting printed at light speed becomes ass-wipe. As soon as that happens, all of the EBT, welfare, Section 8, dope smoking, anti-American liberal cancer will either be cut away or America becomes Greece or Somalia ... you know, where Christians are chopped into parts by Islamists, and those living on the state aide teet start burning folks aline in the street. It shall be grand!

12. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,488 comments

13   9:54am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Quigley says

Without America's military threat, the Hebrews would have to make peace with their neighbors and stop being such insular assholes to everyone else. Theirs is a racially discriminative government:

said every arab muslum and Hitler too.

13. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    258 threads
    5,686 comments
    Davis, CA

14   10:09am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Bap33 says

I said freedom of man and Isreal are the losers.

My neighbors are Israelis, and they voted for Obama. So evidently there is some disagreement on this point. They have dual citizenship, so need to deploy the GOP Ninja SEAL squad to bring freedom & justice to vote fraudsters.

14. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,488 comments

15   10:11am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

they live here, and I said Isreal - as in the place. So evidently there is a misunderstanding in what I wrote.

15. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,488 comments

16   10:16am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

You said they are israleis, but you did not say they were Hebrew or Jew. If they are, then self-hating Jews have populated the Dem side for ever, as you know, so no suprize that they would vote against the Jews.

If they are not Hebrew, then your post had some facts hid. For example, I could have been born in Isreal, lived my whole life just as I have, and still say, "I'm an isralei", even though I am not Hebrew. Lots of crazy arab muslamic people come from that area these days. So, some context to the point you made would help my retort.

16. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    258 threads
    5,686 comments
    Davis, CA

17   10:22am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

Bap33 says

they live here, and I said Isreal - as in the place. So evidently there is a misunderstanding in what I wrote.

I'm not sure I get you. Israel is the mothership for Jews. I think it's a stronger & deeper bond than Morons & Utah. They came here for grad school and had kids, and may well go back, that's the beauty of dual citizenship. As they put it, "US passport is the golden ticket, the backup plan for Israelis if everything goes to hell". Israel has compulsory universal healthcare and they seem to think Americans are idiots for not wanting it. Israelis are not a 100% GOP voting bloc, they act in THEIR best interest not neccessarily following blindly those of patronizing Christian demagogues.

17. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    258 threads
    5,686 comments
    Davis, CA

18   10:24am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Bap33 says

"I'm an isralei", even though I am not Hebrew.

The speak Hebrew to their kids, that's about all I know about whether they are "real Jews" or whatever hair you are trying to split.

18. Patrick

Follow
    Befriend (55)
    5,656 threads
    6,331 comments
    male
    Menlo Park, CA
    Premium

19   10:33am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike  

If they call themselves Israeli, speak Hebrew, and are here for grad school, I'd say the probability that they are ethnically Jewish is about 100%, give or take 0%.

19. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

20   10:33am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Vicente says

The speak Hebrew to their kids, that's about all I know about whether they are "real Jews" or whatever hair you are trying to split.

can you tell the difference between Hebrew and Arabic.. are you assuming its Hebrew or do you understand the language.

20. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,488 comments

21   10:40am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

I was talking of a real place. You are suggesting some mystery people have the ability to vote here, though just visiting as students, and that their willingness to vote Dem expresses something about Isreal? Could it be that Jews in college are as liberal (by percentage) as Americans in college? You are purposly mixing up the conversation.

21. Patrick

Follow
    Befriend (55)
    5,656 threads
    6,331 comments
    male
    Menlo Park, CA
    Premium

22   10:41am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

thomaswong.1986 says

can you tell the difference between Hebrew and Arabic.. are you assuming its Hebrew or do you understand the language.

The languages are related but sound quite different, though I guess if you haven't heard them both you might not pick up on it. One distinction is a very exaggerated KH sound in Hebrew, which sounds like they are choking a fish bone...

22. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,488 comments

23   10:43am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Vicente says

Israel has compulsory universal healthcare and they seem to think Americans are idiots for not wanting it

they also have compulsory military service and lifetime defense training to ensure defense and patritic duty. Want that? I do.

23. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    370 threads
    19,586 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

24   10:45am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Patrick says

The languages are related but sound quite different, though I guess if you haven't heard them both you might not pick up on it. One distinction is a very exaggerated KH sound in Hebrew, which sounds like they are choking a fish bone...

I was distracted by something on the left girl's chest.

24. leo707

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    11 threads
    4,088 comments
    Oakland, CA
    leo707's website

25   10:54am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Bap33 says

Vicente says

Israel has compulsory universal healthcare and they seem to think Americans are idiots for not wanting it

they also have compulsory military service and lifetime defense training to ensure defense and patritic duty. Want that? I do.

It will never happen in the US, but I am not opposed to the idea of compulsory military service. Assuming, of course, that one could not get special deferments--such as used by Romney to avoid the draft--, and regardless of socioeconomic position of parents the experience of service is roughly equal.

25. Patrick

Follow
    Befriend (55)
    5,656 threads
    6,331 comments
    male
    Menlo Park, CA
    Premium

26   11:01am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

I'd prefer a compulsory year abroad somewhere, learning the local language and culture, and not enclosed in a bubble of like-minded Americans.

26. APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch

Follow
    Befriend (27)
    378 threads
    10,373 comments

27   11:04am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Once the draft is reinstated for oil wars, everyone will be abroad for most of their lives murdering locals and listening to the screams of horror from survivors.

In the name of America and Jesus, of course.

27. dublin hillz

Follow
    Befriend
    50 threads
    1,711 comments
    Dublin, CA

28   11:07am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Compulsory military service is not necessary - we need soldiers who want to be there, not who are forced to be there. Why do you think Stalin's henchemen would shoot retreating soldiers to death? Because they were forced to serve, they didn't really want to be on the battlefield.

28. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,488 comments

29   11:44am Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

I personally agree that not all men are wired to be warriors, but maybe it should be that all people who intend to have the right to vote and to access public services should be made to serve in the armed forces, paid nothing more than room and board, for 2 years after age 17?
    Not everyone should be part of the advanced forces that do things like save Chrisitians in Africa, but everyone should serve the country and weapon training.

Those who opt out are also not able to access any public services, and can not vote. This does mean the rich can avoid war, but will give up votes. This also means the dope-headed scum can avoid the service, but will not have welfare, medical or anything else. Maybe there is a good idea in here someplace?

29. bgamall4

Follow
    Befriend (11)
    1,201 threads
    7,134 comments
    64 male
    Las Vegas, NV
    bgamall4's website
    Premium

30   12:13pm Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Bap33 says

the trouble with the Repub ticket this round, along with most of the GOP political will, is not that they are too much to the right, it's that they are too much to the left. It takes true conservative values to expose and destroy the cancer of liberalism.

You don't get it. Even Pat Buchanan called the neocons, who are interventionist and quick to war, the "War Party". He is a traditional conservative. There is nothing conservative about budget busting, killer neocons. As Dan Akroyd said: You didn't study, Bap.

30. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,488 comments

31   12:50pm Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

no, you don't get it. Liberalism stops working when the world stops taking IOU's.

31. Patrick

Follow
    Befriend (55)
    5,656 threads
    6,331 comments
    male
    Menlo Park, CA
    Premium

32   1:08pm Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I for one definitely don't get it. Republicans have increased the debt far more than Democrats:

32. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    258 threads
    5,686 comments
    Davis, CA

33   1:26pm Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Bap33 says

I was talking of a real place. You are suggesting some mystery people have the ability to vote here, though just visiting as students, and that their willingness to vote Dem expresses something about Isreal? Could it be that Jews in college are as liberal (by percentage) as Americans in college? You are purposly mixing up the conversation.

I lose track. You were talking of Israel. I have neighbors from Israel who happen to have dual citizenship. I don't have to GUESS about this as they told me so. Neither of them are teenagers they are in their late 30's or early 40's and had careers before going back for graduate school. Jobs, green card, citizenship, the usual. I didn't ask how long they've been here but I'd guess 8-10 years. The adults have a bit of an accent I assume is some consequence of being raised in Israel.

That's not my point. My point is that GOP believes their views "naturally" align with all Israelis. Israel has it's own interests and I suspect doesn't give a shit about who sits in the White House as long as they stay a "favored nation" for the best weaponry. So far Democrats seems just as willing to be death merchants as the Republicans.

33. Bap33

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    17 threads
    3,488 comments

34   1:27pm Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

I have heard it said the Clinton enjoyed a surplus during his time .... and Obama says the economy during his time has been Bushs fault and not due to anything Obama has done .... for that to be possible, then the good econ of Clinton was handed to him by Reagan and Co, and also that the tuff debt that Reagan had to use to fix stuff was due to whatever Carter passed on to him.

Or, it is a repubs fault whenever anything is wrong, and a dems credit whenever anything is right.

liberal big-spending repubs suck dirty canal water too.

34. Bellingham Bill

Follow
    Befriend
    74 threads
    3,113 comments
    Bellingham, WA

35   1:39pm Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  
  35. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

36   1:44pm Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

bgamall4 says

Republican strategist Steve Schmidt said early Wednesday morning on MSNBC that it’s time for Republican leaders to stand up to “extreme statements” and “nonsense” coming from within the GOP,

Free Birth Control for University students ?

Govt housing programs ?

Keep funding bankrupt Solar companies ?

and Ignore terrorist attacks on our soil and embassies ?

Yep ! all are extreme right wing radical ideas !

36. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

37   1:53pm Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Melmakian says

Limbaugh -- should you EVER actually listen to him -- rarely says anything extreme or nonsense. Liberals just want everyone (especially themselves) to think that he does.

of course they dont listen to AM radio... thats so 1950s...

Progressives are above that...... They twitter!

37. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    258 threads
    5,686 comments
    Davis, CA

38   1:55pm Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Bellingham Bill says

Speaking of Israelis, this was a really great read:

Yeah that is interesting. Annoying I had to register for yet another newspaper to read it, but oh well.....

It's a bit startling to me, when did the GOP start casting themselves as being a Special Defender of Israel? I haven't really paid much attention to that. I mean as long as I can remember it doesn't seem to matter who's in office, we defend Israel if they are attacked.

38. Bellingham Bill

Follow
    Befriend
    74 threads
    3,113 comments
    Bellingham, WA

39   3:10pm Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Vicente says

we defend Israel if they are attacked.

and when they attack us, too!

39. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    370 threads
    19,586 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

40   3:19pm Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Melmakian says

...so that is why Air America failed. And here I thought it was Jeanine Garafalo's screaming rants that did it in.

Air America failed because liberals are not sheep who can be brainwashed. That of course also explains why right-wing radio succeeds.

40. curious2

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    112 threads
    4,261 comments

41   3:27pm Wed 7 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Vicente says

when did the GOP start casting themselves as being a Special Defender of Israel?

W. It's very popular among Christian fundamentalists, especially rapture believers. It's also popular among some Jewish fundamentalists. It has mixed effects on Israel, because it empowers the religious fundamentalists while endangering everyone else. Remember, Yitzhok Rabin was assassinated by a Jewish fundamentalist, not any of Israel's official enemies.

« First     « Previous comments    

Premium member bgamall4 is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 173 milliseconds to create.