There's More To Real Estate Than Meets The Eye (Advertisement)

Real Estate: Out Of Whack

By Biff Baxter   Follow   Wed, 7 Nov 2012, 12:22pm   515 views   3 comments
Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://seekingalpha.com/article/981951-real-estate-out-of-whack?source=Patrick.net

I have previously stated that real estate is very slow moving and predictable. Specifically, I am referring to single family residential housing. I would now like to retract that statement. The real estate market is totally out of whack and predictability is now a plaything of unpredictable intervention. Wall Street has never participated in single family investments before. With its seemingly unlimited resources, it is changing the landscape significantly and I suspect it is for the worse. Historically, investors cannot compete with owner occupants because the latter are always willing to pay a higher price for a "home" compared to...

Viewing Comments 1-3 of 3     Last »     See most liked comments

1. 37108605

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    1,055 comments

1   8:06am Thu 8 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

In the current financial nightmare the US is in the last thing I am concerned about is buying real estate.

While the country is on the brink of financial collapse and they decided to go for another around my take is let some sucker fall for the real estate bullshite and lose their shirt! It is NOT going to be me.

2. bubblesitter

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    10 threads
    2,727 comments

2   8:12am Thu 8 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Biff Baxter says

Real Estate: Out Of Whack

Real Estate = Out Of Whack

3. Goran_K

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    31 threads
    2,192 comments
    Laguna Beach, CA

3   8:47am Thu 8 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

The administration simply has the wrong idea on how to solve the problem. Let the market take over in 2009 and we might be back to equilibrium right now.

Biff Baxter is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 57 milliseconds to create.