Election 2012 Wrap-up

By freesense   Follow   Thu, 8 Nov 2012, 11:20am   2,166 views   42 comments
In Saint Petersburg FL 33701   Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Thought you might like to know why Mitt Romney will not be assuming the Oval in January. I know, I know, he got fewer Electoral votes and fewer real votes too. But to understand why there was no *Midnight Miracle*(nightmare, if you're a Progressive), a la Ohio 2004, read MCM's letter.

Among other things for all of us to ponder, King Karl *hates* to lose. Until he breathes his last, he will always be plotting bigger and better (read stealthier) ways to steal what he wants. We've not put paid to him with this "win."

Subject: *Score one (at last) for the Election Integrity movement!

http://markcrispinmiller.com/2012/11/score-one-at-last-for-the-election-integrity-movement

* by *Mark Crispin Miller*
Besides the odd Justice, or two, there are other ways in which Obama, for
all his failings, is still better to deal with than Mitt the Misanthrope.
fit *OBAMACARE - HOW IT HELPS THOSE 50 to 64

http://www.aarp.org/health/health-care-reform/info-01-2011/the_new_health_care_law_what_it_does_for_people_ages_50_64.html

* aarp 08-00-12

If you're a chick.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/11/charts-voter-guide-war-women-ladyparts-infographic-election

And a few of my own thoughts from Monday, most now rendered moot, but still of interest.

( RACE TIED BUT MOST THINK OBAMA WILL WIN

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/30/us-usa-campaign-poll-idUSBRE89K0A920121030

This presents a huge problem for the Election-Thefters (read, Rove, Karl Christian). In order to avoid waking up enough sheeple, he will have to be more careful how he goes about it.

By being able to commandeer a portion of Republican votes from 19, now exit-poll blacked-out, states, along with a teetotally screwed up Mid-Atlantic/New England 'Blue States' bonanza (no electricity means, at the very least, not much early voting with fewer folks able or willing to brave the wait on Election Day - don't hold your breath waiting for the most obvious fix to this dilemma - delaying E-D for two weeks), Rove has plenty of phantom votes to fill in where needed in the battleground states. It helps that the Dem vote totals will be lessened thanks to Dame Sandy.

The problem for him is that he must do so in a way that doesn't produce a noticeable "bulge" between the Presidential totals and those for local and state races in the BG states. If Obama does well in even 4 of the 7 BG states (splitting the other 3 or 4) it's hard to see how Rove & Co. can square that circle.

I do know this: after watching this miserable specimen of a Homo sapiens go about his dirty business for the past decade, if there is any way to pull this off, he will. NjW

Professor Cole thinks we may have dodged a really big bullet.

rig 12 ROMNEY - WOULD HE STEER THE U.S TOWARDS A CAPITALIST DICTATORSHIP

http://www.alternet.org/election-2012/5-disturbing-signs-romney-would-steer-us-towards-capitalist-dictatorship

Juan Cole alternet 11-03-12

Finally, in the freaky coincidences department

Let's see, Sandy 2012, no-name, early 2012, Irene 2011: Two-and-a-half 100-year storms in 2 years landing at almost the same place on the East Coast. Why?

Really, really bad luck? Warming? Or something else? How about 'red states'? Why not any of them? Katrina (also with plenty of HAARP buzz) only managed to diasporize half of New Orleans' blacks to the four corners of the country turning it, overnight, into a GOP kind of town, so, you could say that also fits the red-miss/blue-hit pattern.

How long do the Vegas odds need to get before the laws of probability are stretched beyond the snapping point?

Where am I going with this?

There is another possibility. Like global warming, it's only a 'theory." Unlike GW, there is less meat on the bone with this one.

*HAARP
* (High-Frequency Active Auroral Research Project) - a DARPA (folks who brought us the Internet) program worked on intermittently since the 50s, but come full-flower in this Century - is the super-duper, secret, directed-energy machine worked on by Nicola Tesla

https://www.google.com/search?source=ig&rlz=1R2TSNF_enUS416&q=tesla+death&oq=tesla+death&gs_l=igoogle.1.1.0l10.1054.4051.0.12537.11.100.0.0.0.3033.3505.4-1j9-1.2.0...0.0...1ac.1.rKW0_WEK7VM>for
the last 25 years of his life (died April 7, 1943 - 2 days later, all his papers and working models were removed from his residence and workshop by government agents, none to be heard from again until a FOIA request shone some light in the Late 80s).

Tesla saw it as an source of limitless free energy (which seems to me it was). Once the financiers saw that he would not give them control of his invention (after some remarkable demonstrations as to its effectiveness) in order to obtain funding, he was denied access to capital to develop and market the idea. He spent much of the 30s searching in vain for someone with the guts to go against the secret societies. Somebodies must have thought his idea was a real threat to the status quo.

Tesla's machine was powerful. It was nick-named *The Death Ray*. In Alaska, there is a huge, well-guarded installation that houses HAARP. I've read enough to believe there is some credibility to reports that this device (or devices) is capable of affecting the atmosphere and not in a good way.

There is tentative evidence of HAARP's involvement in the Indonesian tsunami, Fuk'shima earthquake and a portion of the steroidal hurricane season in Florida in 2004 (4 Cat 2 storms, or better). A portable military weapon version of this device is believed to have ended the lives of Paul Wellstone (Dem Senator, MN) and his family and Michael Connell, Karl Rove's IT whiz who rigged the Ohio 'miracle' by flipping some 120,000 votes for the PygmyPrez, Bush 43.

In short, we may have a few Sociopaths playing god for real this time. HAARP is the perfect weapon. After all, what could be more non-partisan than an Act of God?

For more on all this, Google: *sandy haarp*
P.S. one possible reason for Sandy - other than *Mother* showing us all what real violence looks like - might be too lower the Dem vote count in order to allow Mitt to get more votes than Obama. Why would this matter? Because then we would never hear the end of the alleged Republicans yammering on for four years about who is the "real" president and how he was cheated out of it (by the very antediluvian Electoral College which the GOP manipulates to beat the band - they have to as the republic's demographic trends are leaving them flapping in the breeze).

NjW

Nigel Watson *freethinker* 727.493.1990 skype orbizen2
Blog: ORBizen Memo http://orbizenmemo.blogspot.com/

« First     « Previous     Viewing Comments 3-42 of 42     Last »     See most liked comments

1. tatupu70

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    23 threads
    8,099 comments

3   11:57am Thu 8 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Melmakian says

Saved for later

So far Iwog's record on "saved for later"s is pretty damn good. Perhaps you should try a new tact?

2. Nobody

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    282 comments
    San Jose, CA

4   12:26pm Thu 8 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

So did Floridians finish screwing in the light bulb yet?

3. freesense

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    18 comments
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    freesense's website

5   12:29pm Thu 8 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Nobody - they will just as soon as they figure out they gotta turn clockwise

4. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    262 threads
    5,728 comments
    Davis, CA

6   1:03pm Thu 8 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Vote rigging. In MY Republican Party? Unpossible!

5. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    375 threads
    19,906 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

7   1:10pm Thu 8 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike   Protected  

Vicente says

Vote rigging. In MY Republican Party? Unpossible!

They are using secret Tesla device in Alaska to screw with the machines in Ohio.

6. freesense

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    18 comments
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    freesense's website

8   2:24pm Thu 8 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Vicente - after a dozen years of digging up Psychopath bads, I have learned that nothing is impossible - unlikely? improbable? nevah happen? maybe (but I like your spelling better). NjW

7. bdrasin

Follow
    Befriend
    7 threads
    561 comments
    Alameda, CA

9   8:19am Fri 9 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  
  8. dodgerfanjohn

Follow
    Befriend
    37 threads
    1,416 comments
    Los Angeles, CA

10   8:26am Fri 9 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

LOL@ people screaming racism....while being racist :|

9. zzyzzx

Follow
    Befriend (10)
    803 threads
    6,885 comments
    Baltimore, MD

11   9:05am Fri 9 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (4)   Dislike  

10. freesense

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    18 comments
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    freesense's website

12   10:53am Fri 9 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

bdrasin - thanks for sharing - sometimes I think the only remedy for such widely disparate competing realities is to divide the nation's people into two groups, each to make the laws under which the other half must live

11. freesense

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    18 comments
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    freesense's website

13   11:09am Fri 9 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Melmakian & iwog - either one of you have a link to what you claim? more than one would be better NjW

12. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    850 threads
    10,950 comments

14   11:34am Fri 9 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Obama marginally eked out a win, from quite possibly the worst presidential candidate in the History of politics.
    Now for post modem the Democrat party is running around talking about how the Republican party needs to fix its self.
    From where I stand, IF the republican party DOES manage to FIX its self by next election.
    It will spell a disaster for the Democrats in 2016.

Hillary Clinton aside, who in the Democrat party do you think can get the numbers out to vote, had the candidate not been Obama. Obama still has the "Historic" factor going for him. Clinton has a ton of "Clinton" legacy baggage going for her.

How ever if someone like Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Frank or Dodd, been running against Romney it would have been a whole different story.
    The last ballot in Florida would have been cast by no later than 8:15, and that would have been indicative for the rest of the Nation.

Republican voters were voting against policy and agenda's they are fed up with. Those voters included a significant amount of Independent voters. Democrat voters were voting a historic campfire song. A Kumbiya moment if you will. Or were voting out of fear, that Romney was going to deport the illegals, or cut social services to the poor.

Either way, the way I see it, (as an Independent, who by the way now makes up the political majority in this country at 38%) both the Democrat and Liberal party are so out of touch with the reality of their constituents that by 2016 I suspect the Independents to be more like 45% of the registered voters.

Obama had to scrounge up more Obama supporters this time around, as a large chunk of his supporters were spurred by his mishandling of his first term. If he performs the same way, with out compromise while blaming the previous president, or the republicans, as to say, "It's my way or the I'll blame you way.". The Democrats will be on its last'est last leg(I guess he's on his third leg now) come 2016.

My hope will be that Independents will protest for more representation and end closed Primaries in all states. If that had been the case, then Ron Paul would be the President elect as I type this now.

Ron Paul's supporters were disillusioned Obama supporters, and Independent, or as the Liberal media vilified them Paulbots.
    Which is also the very same reason Denis Kusinich didn't win the 2008 Primaries and we ended up with the two unlikeliest candidates, with the most unlikely, unfit and inexperienced winning the Democrat nod, then the election as a whole.

What's wrong with the Republicans? I know what's wrong with the republicans, the same thing that's always been wrong with the Republicans how can you escape that smell.
    I'm less concerned about "what's wrong with the republicans" than I am what's wrong with the Democrats.

You guys are celebrating winning a twelfth round decision against a punch drunk gimp, with a bum hip, and a fractured wrist.

Hooray indeed!

13. freesense

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    18 comments
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    freesense's website

15   1:28pm Fri 9 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Captain - love the name and the pic, though I'm not sure I even understand half of what you're on about and this space does not permit me to cover all the bases on the parts where I do have a clue

In reverse order then: the last thing I'd be celebrating is the election of an unindicted criminal POTUS intent on zapping Americans and others, sans due process, by ticking off a box next to their name every Tuesday AM in the Oval - there are few "Hoorays" for an empire in steep decline - Mr. Obama should be occupying a cell in a SuperMax for that deed alone - and if I were king, he'd have lots of company

Dems & Repubs are merely brands; like Marlboro or McDonalds(read Naomi Klein's No Logo) - getting all het up over our differences leaves less time for us to notice the real thieves who are busy stealing everything that isn't nailed down, eh?

the current crop of addlepated, alleged "Republicans" are, in fact, RINOs (Republicans In Name Only) - if Lincoln, Ike, Bill Buckley or any of the rest of the Old Guard were around, they'd see these Tea Party "patriots" for the tin pot Fascists they are and kick them to the curb in no time - they're misled, misguided and dangerous - they are also a prime reason for the lack of bi-partisanship in Washington (a not altogether bad thing, IMHO) - that they can't cut a deal with Obama speaks volumes as both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue are financially supported by the same money - their hatred (including naked racism) doesn't even allow them to compromise when it is in their own best interests to do so - how fucking dumb is that?

If you check the stats, this election said a loud "NO!" to the tea party-types (whose small government ranting is mirrored by Mr Paul, BTW) - but for the outrageous gerrymandering surgery performed by rigged-in (by the Rove Rig Machine) 2010 Leges in some dozen states, the voters would have thrown out many more state reps as well - as it is, in the US Senate (immune to gerrymander tactics), Dems increased their margin by two (including one Indy who will caucus with them) - Elizabeth Warren, Claire McCaskill and Tammy Baldwin are all flaming Progressives of the first rank and folks I am sure you wil grow to love as the years roll on by - is there any doubt as to the will of the people here?

if you think Ron Paul, or any other 3rd party, has a Chinaman's chance of getting anywhere near the brass ring of the party duopoly, check out the lengths to which Herr Romney went in order to make sure the playing field was tilted his way - while Dr. Paul and I only come together on civil liberties, he deserved a fair shake - Mitt's treatment of the Ron Paul delegates was exceptionally reprehensible:

http://markcrispinmiller.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/2008_2012_ElectionsResultsAnomaliesAndAnalysis_V1.51.pdf

http://www.ukprogressive.co.uk/breaking-retired-nsa-analyst-proves-gop-is-stealing-elections/article20598.html

ask yourself, if he did this to folks in his own party, what do you think he'd be doing to us (the 47% looking for a handout from the "real" workers) after next January 21st?

Can you spell p-s-y-c-h-o-p-a-t-h?

And I don't know about you, but Mr. O is currently "winning" ( the only real winners here are the gentle folks who actually run this country and the planet) this race by more than 3 milion real votes, and counting (with those still not tallied in Flori-duh coming from heavily Democrat sources - absentee, Palm Beach, etc) and a fairly convincing (except maybe in your Independent eyes) 332 Electoral votes - other than Al Gore, from whom the election was stolen, the last first-term win by this margin was by Mr. Obama himself in 2008 and LBJ in 1964 - I'd all it a mini-mandate - would you go along with that?

http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/results/president

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, CS NjW

14. dublin hillz

Follow
    Befriend
    51 threads
    1,755 comments
    Dublin, CA

16   1:31pm Fri 9 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

You guys are celebrating winning a twelfth round decision against a punch drunk gimp, with a bum hip, and a fractured wrist.

ok, the image of romney as the gimp in pulp fiction is hilarious!

15. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    850 threads
    10,950 comments

17   1:48pm Fri 9 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

freesense says

would you go along with that?

So basically Obama had to lie to a new set of demographics.
    In 2008 it was the young college students, that by mid term they were jobless sleeping in tents in the nations city parks protesting the bank titans Obama was rubbing bosoms with, in between being woke up by police thugs armed with pepper spray.

This time around he promised Rosa Sanchez a brighter future and a better tomorrow. I bet she will still be setting the White House china while hopping her illegal husband doesn't get popped by ICE while he's mowing lawns, come 2016.

Who will the Democrat galvanize after they run out of people to enchant.
    They can't keep up this record running against the other guy with out any record.

Everything, every single bit of it, that you folks claim are the problems of the Republican party, is the exact same ailment of the Democrat party.
    I should stay out of it, and just watch them both self destruct.

That will at least be an ends to a means, and finally Independent candidates can get a foot hold. I mean how much credit can one give a Photoshopped picture of white guy in a wheel chair with racial epitaphs on his T-Shirt from a party of Liars?

People will wise up by 2016, I've never been more confident.

16. Robber Baron Elite Scum

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    105 threads
    842 comments
    Roslyn, NY

18   3:35pm Fri 9 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

You sap peasants want a 2012 Election Wrap-up?

Here it is:

DIE ALREADY YOU FUCKING COCKROACHES!

17. freesense

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    18 comments
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    freesense's website

19   5:08pm Fri 9 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Captain - "rubbing bosoms" - keep that in, very evocative - as for the nativist, racist crapola, well... it's always good to remember that small minds dwell on people

RBES - David's looking a tad peaked - couldn't you have dug up a more flattering shot? I mean, the man obviously has rosacea, but a little pancake does wonders to improve one's Vulture mien

as to the general tone of this thread, no one appears guilty of understatement, except, perhaps, moi NjW

18. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

20   6:11pm Fri 9 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

iwog says

I guarantee one thing, that not a single prediction of doom and gloom broadcast by Fox Noise will come true.

I doubt MSNBC will continue with the low rating... they been getting.

Still FOX out ranks and continues with the #1 spot for several years.

Fox received 12 million viewers during Tuesdays election nite. far far more than other channels.

19. bdrasin

Follow
    Befriend
    7 threads
    561 comments
    Alameda, CA

21   7:22pm Fri 9 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

thomaswong.1986 says

iwog says

I guarantee one thing, that not a single prediction of doom and gloom broadcast by Fox Noise will come true.

I doubt MSNBC will continue with the low rating... they been getting.

Still FOX out ranks and continues with the #1 spot for several years.

Fox received 12 million viewers during Tuesdays election nite. far far more than other channels.

Heck, I was watching Fox; one of the most satisfying viewing experiences I can remember. Sour faces, disbelief, barely disguised disappointment and pitiful attempts to appear objective...Rove's demented meltdown was pure gold.

20. marcus

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    199 threads
    7,344 comments

22   7:47pm Fri 9 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

freesense says

Captain - love the name and the pic, though I'm not sure I even understand half of what you're on about

I see you're new around here.

21. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

23   7:54pm Fri 9 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

LOL.. you call that a meltdown...
    Rove was crunching number acting very reasonable.
    Mearly pointing out it may be too early a call, which even the
    Dems seemed to agree with.. if you watch the video...

now do you want to see a REAL MELT DOWN..

here you go.. pure emotional tingle gone cancerous...

22. freesense

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    18 comments
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    freesense's website

24   8:00pm Fri 9 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Marcus damn! wuz hoping no one would notice - thought I was going to have to get a part-time job just to keep up with CaptainShuddup, but he's been quiet for awhile now

actually, I was on here last year but couldn't get the hang of the forum thingie (Pat finally gave up on me) - kept having to sign in - a real pain - this time around seems easier somehow - not too proficient on the tech end of stuff

this is a tough crowd - will have to remember to pack my brass knuckles next post

Oddly, I do remember your avatar - why so glum, chum?

23. freesense

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    18 comments
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    freesense's website

25   8:02pm Fri 9 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Patrick - I hope you see what you've gotten me into

24. Bellingham Bill

Follow
    Befriend
    75 threads
    3,160 comments
    Bellingham, WA

26   11:13pm Fri 9 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  
  25. freesense

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    18 comments
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    freesense's website

27   5:21am Sat 10 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Bill - thanx for the enlightenment and an interesting new site NjW

26. HEY YOU

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    864 threads
    2,166 comments

28   9:05am Sat 10 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

freesense,
    If you try to use reason here,you are wasting your time.

27. freesense

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    18 comments
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    freesense's website

29   9:47am Sat 10 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

HEY YOU - I know, but hope springs eternal, eh?

28. marcus

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    199 threads
    7,344 comments

30   11:18am Sat 10 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Obama won florida, so the final tally is 332 - 206, making Nate Silver correct on all 50 states.

29. freesense

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    18 comments
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    freesense's website

31   12:00pm Sat 10 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Marcus - this may interest you

http://prospect.org/article/artist-uncertainty

And how in the world did Karl "I have the numbers" Rove and every other polemical prognosticator get it all so dreadfully (for them) wrong? This poorly-titled but insightful piece lays bare the fundamental problem with applying a rigid and doctrinaire philospophy to, what should be, the open-minded process of reasoning.
    •"Besides presumptions regarding responsibility ... , such differences between certainty and doubt, between absolutism and ambiguity distinguish the opposing psychological types of the political divide as much as anything."
    •"... what’s become increasingly apparent to anyone dispassionate enough to fathom it, whatever his or her political philosophy. The American right has an increasingly troubled relationship ... , with the truth as the rest of the world perceives it:..."
    •" The Obama Years have represented for the right a strategic assault on the Daniel Patrick Moynihan maxim about opinions not being facts and about not being entitled to confuse the two:..."

This is a fascinating review of Silver's book on how he got damn near everything right in 2008, and ended up doing a ditto in 2012. Meet the dude who outRoved Rove; the guy with the real, real numbers.

30. Bellingham Bill

Follow
    Befriend
    75 threads
    3,160 comments
    Bellingham, WA

32   12:17pm Sat 10 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

freesense says

And how in the world did Karl "I have the numbers" Rove and every other polemical prognosticator get it all so dreadfully (for them) wrong?

thing is, winning is priority #1, way above being truthful.

so if the preliminary data is saying you're gonna lose, you have the option of admitting to your team and your enemy that you're the underdog and chances aren't looking good, but that makes it less likely you're going to win the election, since it's demoralizing to vote for a loser.

So deceit -- or selective wish-making (that the polls are in fact wrong in some way) -- becomes a tactic to employ in the struggle for winning.

The most distressing thing to me in all this is learning that the Romney campaign called their precinct offices "Victory Centers". What Orwellian "winning" bullshit that is.

Suskind:

The aide [Karl Rove] said that guys like me were "in what we call the reality-based community," which he defined as people who "believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality." ... "That's not the way the world really works anymore," he continued. "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors…and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."

This is a very evil man. While Rovism is not anything close to Hitlerism, it's the same flavor of bullshit, you gotta make your own breaks, and if you believe your own bullshit strong enough the Goddess of Fortune will cut you your slack. Only those who dare, "win".

31. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

33   12:41pm Sat 10 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Bellingham Bill says

so if the preliminary data is saying you're gonna lose, you have the option of admitting to your team and your enemy that you're the underdog and chances aren't looking good, but that makes it less likely you're going to win the election, since it's demoralizing to vote for a loser.

that pretty much describes what democrats knew there was going to be the major drop off in 2008 Obama voters. that is why their campaign was in panic mode. How deep the drop off was going to be was uncertain. But they were aware of it.

and it came to pass 10M 2008 Obama voters didnt show up. where did they go ?

32. freesense

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    18 comments
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    freesense's website

34   4:20pm Sat 10 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

If you guys will read what's here, you will see that the GOP deceived itself by not appreciating the fact that it was deceiving itself.

Captain - I'm fairly convinced that all humans are racists and bigots, it's just that some of us take positive action to remedy that character flaw.

As for my not having the right to call you as I see you; a person who appears to see the world in terms of human characteristics beyond the control of any human: skin color nationality, religious persuasion (until you leave home), socioeconomic status (ditto), sexual proclivities (we have no control over our "preference," but then, you knew that), etc., then I believe the First Amendment kicks in there somewhere, or would you deny me that right as well?

Mind you, I'm not saying you are a racist or a nativist, per se, only that you say racist and nativist things. A racist is a lifestyle. Making a racist remark might just be momentarily relapsing to type.

You seem to have an aura of belligerance about you. As you could only hate me based on a few lines of text in this thread, I'll assume you had other things sticking in your craw before I came along. I am not writing here to give you grief, nor to take anyone's shit. It could be that you don't like the mere fact that we disagree.
    My experience has taught me that all hatred begins with self-loathing.

It also instructs that your hate will never set you free. Only love can do that. Take my word, it's a much easier way to pass through this brief space we call life.

Peace,
    NjW

33. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

35   4:46pm Sat 10 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

freesense says

Mind you, I'm not saying you are a racist or a nativist, per se, only that you say racist and nativist things. A racist is a lifestyle. Making a racist remark might just be momentarily relapsing to type.

Its always interesting when some accuse others of racism..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW_OTfsNwsU

here is another...

Newt Gingrich to Juan Williams: Americans Want Paychecks, Not Foodstamps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c1-22w2G7M

34. freesense

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    18 comments
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    freesense's website

36   6:14pm Sat 10 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Tom - I was simply saying that, without knowing the Captain better, it would be a rush to judgment for me to accuse him of being A racist (as opposed to being racist at that moment) - it's a fine point, but one that matters to me - there are many reasons folks make racist comments and being a dyed-in-the-wool (reflexive) racist is only one of them

the real take-home message here is to donate your TV set to the nearest dumpster - other than a few PBS shows, it's nothing more than corporate/government propaganda and endless sales pitches for products that are, today, mostly unregulated - like Forrest Gump, you really have no idea what you're gonna get

I'd suggest, with Chris Matthews and the rest of the shout show Gang, that would be fleas

At this point, while it's been a blast, I find I must wrap-up my comments before Pat has to add me to the payroll

Take care, all NjW

35. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    850 threads
    10,950 comments

37   8:05pm Sat 10 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

You know for a bunch of guys that did nothing but bitched all day about how rotten the last four years were, with Obama as President and the GOP controlled House.
    Nobody won, we're right back where we bloody started.
    Four more years of the guys that are not the President not allowing the guy that is, to be an effective President.
    Nobody won shit, we're evenly divided in this country no matter what the parties are, or what they stand for.
    There could be the Asshole party and the Assholier party, and we'd still be a 50/50 evenly split smack dab down the middle Nation.

All of this other existential shit(the issues) is just party favors and decoration.

36. Bellingham Bill

Follow
    Befriend
    75 threads
    3,160 comments
    Bellingham, WA

38   10:00am Mon 12 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

>Nobody won

Democrats chiseled a chunk out of House majority and would have gotten more if not for the computer-aided gerrymandering that went down in 2011.

In the senate, Dems went 15-15 defending their incumbent seats, 5 of 6 of their open seats, and took ONE THIRD of the Senate Republican seats that were up.

The Presidential election itself was rather close, but decisive nonetheless, with Obama running the table of "middle-ground" states like CO, OH, FL, VA, PA.

Dems might not ever take the bible belt, or unibomber midwest (except when these idiots split their vote like they just did in MT), but I'm happy with just the sane areas, that's enough.

Obstructionist Republicans were put on notice by the electorate that their bullshit is approaching its sell-by date.

37. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    850 threads
    10,950 comments

39   10:51am Mon 12 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Bellingham Bill says

and would have gotten more if not for the computer-aided gerrymandering that went down in 2011.

Personally I blame those meddling kids in the Mystery van.

As for everything else, this might prove a more insightful analysis that all of the rubbish this board is going on about...

38. The Professor

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    52 threads
    2,300 comments
    Premium

40   12:25pm Mon 12 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

CaptainShuddup says

There could be the Asshole party and the Assholier party

There is

39. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    850 threads
    10,950 comments

41   12:37pm Mon 12 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

The Professor says

There is

and we are...

40. The Professor

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    52 threads
    2,300 comments
    Premium

42   1:56pm Mon 12 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

assholier than thou.

« First     « Previous comments    

freesense is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 183 milliseconds to create.