For the U.S. housing market, it’s déjà vu all over again

By Patrick   Follow   Thu, 15 Nov 2012, 10:45pm   561 views   2 comments
In Menlo Park CA 94025   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/blog/bottom_line/2012/11/for-the-us-housing-market-its-deja.html?source=Patrick.net

Let me begin by clarifying that, when it comes to speculating in the housing market, I have no dog in the fight; Having recently completed my third home purchase in 10 years, I have sworn off this costly and largely anticlimactic practice forevermore. That said, I am of the opinion that everyone and their mother should be extra cautious when dabbling in real estate these days. Look around, and its clear weve been here before. And the results werent pretty the first time. For starters, the market is clearly kicking into a higher gear. Yes, the U.S. housing sector has...

Viewing Comments 1-2 of 2     Last »     See most liked comments

1. bmwman91

Follow
    Befriend (7)
    40 threads
    1,539 comments

1   12:33am Fri 16 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

THE SPICE MUST FLOW!

2. uomo_senza_nome

Follow
    Befriend (13)
    787 threads
    1,542 comments

2   2:31am Fri 16 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

bmwman91 says

THE SPICE MUST FLOW!

To the extent that home prices begin to rise, consumers will feel wealthier, they'll feel more -- more disposed to spend. If house prices are rising, people may be more willing to buy homes because they think that they'll, you know, make a better return on that purchase. So house prices is one vehicle. - Bernanke, 2012.

Premium member Patrick is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 48 milliseconds to create.