If the Whales had won, there wouldn't even Be a housing crisis--try the book!! (Advertisement)

Request to increase thread post size

By Dan8267   Follow   Sun, 18 Nov 2012, 7:37pm   1,552 views   16 comments
In Boca Raton FL 33433   Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

@patrick

Thread length is limited to 12000 characters but you entered 19737 characters.

Can we please use a varchar(max) or equivalent. I can't settle the whole abortion debate in just 12k characters.

Viewing Comments 1-16 of 16     Last »     See most liked comments

1. Repubthug

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    3 threads
    48 comments

1   7:52pm Sun 18 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

two posts?

just title as part1 and part2 and post them one after the other :)

i am looking fwd to ur argument

i liked ur thread abt the gay marriages..i hope this will also be a killer

2. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    944 threads
    11,109 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

2   8:47pm Sun 18 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Homeboy says

The last thing we need is longer posts from Dan. Ugh....

A person should write no more or no less than needed to clearly convey an idea. It just so happens that the subjects I discuss require more than a tweet to address. Maximum post sizes online are every bit as ridiculous as minimum paper sizes in academia and for the exact same reasons.

3. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    944 threads
    11,109 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

3   9:57pm Sun 18 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Homeboy says

You think you write like this guy:

Actually, I don't think I write like either. Of course, you are welcome to be a complete asshole. It's a free country. But then again, why are you reading my posts if you hate them so much? Feel free to spend your time elsewhere on the Internet. I think that ZooTube365 might be more to your liking.

4. curious2

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    92 threads
    3,818 comments

4   12:33am Mon 19 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

E-man says

Do you know why many people ignored you by any chance?

Ignorance says more about the person who chooses it than about what they ignore. In Dan's case, I would guess it's religious people whose faith is so weak and fragile that they worry his arguments might dissuade them, so they ignore him. I don't ignore anyone; freak80 ignores me, and Marcus pretends to ignore me while using a separate browser to follow me.

5. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    944 threads
    11,109 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

5   1:22am Mon 19 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)  

Homeboy says

I'm intrigued with them. I don't think I've ever encountered anyone quite as self-absorbed as you.

Actually, people like me aren't at all ego-centric. We like discussing and sharing ideas. In fact, people like me don't care where the idea comes from. As I've said many times on this forum, the messenger is irrelevant.

I understand why a childish buffoon like you would think everyone is egotistical. After all, you are and you can't imagine that anyone doesn't think exactly like you and that means since you feel the childish need to grab attention, so too must everyone else.

A mark of emotional maturity is when you stop attacking people for speaking and instead attack the ideas they present if such ideas are wrong. You're unprovoked personal attacks are the indication of an insecure person, probably due to an unusually small penis and insufficient love from your mother. Such is the origins of most trolls.

6. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    944 threads
    11,109 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

6   1:23am Mon 19 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

E-man says

Do you know why many people ignored you by any chance?

Not enough.

7. Scagnetti

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    15 threads
    300 comments

7   1:39am Mon 19 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Dan8267 says

Homeboy says

You think you write like this guy:

Actually, I don't think I write like either. Of course, you are welcome to be a complete asshole. It's a free country. But then again, why are you reading my posts if you hate them so much? Feel free to spend your time elsewhere on the Internet. I think that ZooTube365 might be more to your liking.

Thanks for the link! This should keep me busy for a while.

8. Scagnetti

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    15 threads
    300 comments

8   1:46am Mon 19 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

That link sucks Dan. You have to be a member.

9. Homeboy

Follow
    Befriend
    36 threads
    3,227 comments

9   2:48am Mon 19 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Dan8267 says

You're unprovoked personal attacks are the indication of an insecure person, probably due to an unusually small penis and insufficient love from your mother. Such is the origins of most trolls.

I was wrong. You don't write like Ted Kaczynski. Ted Kaczynski knows how to correctly use the words "your" and "you're".

Nice one on the "small penis" cut, though. Thought that up all by yourself, did you? You are really fucking clever. I can't imagine why Patrick doesn't want to allow you longer posts. You've really got a lot to say and he's just holding you back. Your (or as you would say, "you're") wit and wisdom ought to be required reading at universities all over the world.

Keep on "discussing and sharing" those great ideas. Aristotle's got nothing on you.

10. errc

Follow
    Befriend (6)
    45 threads
    2,063 comments
    32 male

10   7:31am Mon 19 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

I enjoy dans postings, he's smart and witty. If I didn't, I would simply skip over them or better yet, not open his threads in the first place.

For the life of me, I can't figure why people allow themselves to be bothered by such small things in this life. This raggy cunt homeboy must be having her time of the month

Id wager like the tens of millions of other americans whose parents unquestionably drugged their children with dangerous and addictive drugs like ritalin and adderall, homegirl is a doped up byproduct of big Phrma. ADD nation can't afford to be bothered by all those words

Thanks mom, for knowing better than those stupid teachers and doctors that tried to addict me to their dope

11. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    944 threads
    11,109 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

11   9:16am Mon 19 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Homeboy says

I was wrong. You don't write like Ted Kaczynski. Ted Kaczynski knows how to correctly use the words "your" and "you're".

Oh no! Someone on the Internet made a mistake, and it's the worst kind of mistake: grammatical!

It's one thing to complain about nonsensical postings that are impossible to follow due to an abundance of grammatical and diction errors. It's quite another to whine about a single grammatical mistake as if that invalidates everything a person says. Only a god-damn hypocrite does that since no person uses perfect grammar 100% of the time.

I have a much higher rate of correct grammar and spelling than 99.9% of the Internet forum postings. Yes, I do make the occasional error, but to go out of your way to point it out just shows you have no real argument and are a petty loser.

I've always wonder how sad a person's life must be for them to have to resort to trolling to get some sense of pleasure and accomplishment.

12. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    944 threads
    11,109 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

12   9:20am Mon 19 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

errc says

This raggy cunt homeboy must be having her time of the month

Homeboy is obviously a sexually frustrated pubie who takes out his frustration at not being able to get laid on strangers. You can tell by his completely unclever comebacks. He's obviously both ugly and uncharismatic and thus unable to woo any woman. You see, good looking guys can get laid without being charismatic and ugly guys can get laid by being charismatic, but if a guy is ugly and lacks charm, he's doomed to troll the Internet like Homeboy.

13. errc

Follow
    Befriend (6)
    45 threads
    2,063 comments
    32 male

13   9:55am Mon 19 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Ah, that's a shame. What with all my good looks and charisma, yous should be so lucky as for me to find time to grace the forum with my presence in between sexcapades

14. YesYNot

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    17 threads
    471 comments
    Reston, VA

14   10:39am Mon 19 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Dan - I like your posts, but you seem a little sensitive to a little criticism by homeboy.

If someone makes a funny or critical comment about you, it doesn't mean that they are hung up on you or an asshole. It may just mean that they dislike you a little. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. The unabomber joke was funny - true or not.

15. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    944 threads
    11,109 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

15   11:33am Mon 19 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

YesYNot says

Dan - I like your posts, but you seem a little sensitive to a little criticism by homeboy.

Constructive criticism is always welcome, but I have little tolerant for trolls. They are the scum of the Internet.

And as I've said many times on this site, stupidity always brings out the asshole in me.

16. errc

Follow
    Befriend (6)
    45 threads
    2,063 comments
    32 male

16   12:49pm Mon 19 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Wait a minute, this isn't 3rd grade anymore? I didn't get the memo. I still laugh when I drive past farm animals going to the bathroom or humping eachother. I'm I an idiot

Dan8267 is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 92 milliseconds to create.