Staffed Luxury Villa Encantada in Puerto Vallarta, Vacation of Your Lifetime! (Advertisement)

Name the coalition members!

By CL   Follow   Tue, 20 Nov 2012, 3:50pm   857 views   18 comments
In Emeryville CA 94608   Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

What groups would you place into Conservative or Liberal columns? Which coalitions make up the Red and Blue teams?

Red: Anti-tax groups Blue: Social welfare groups
Red: Biblical literalists/fundies Blue: Secular/Atheists and Liberal sects
Red: Pro-corporate groups Blue: Pro-labor groups
Red: Climate change deniers Blue: Scientists

Add your own...include the crazies!

Viewing Comments 1-18 of 18     Last »     See most liked comments

1. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    621 threads
    8,827 comments

1   4:12pm Tue 20 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Red:Job Creators Blue:Job destroyers
    Red:Pro business competition Blue:Pro No bid contract out sourcing
    Red:Simple honest folks Blue:Complex Kniving pain in the asses.
    Red:Makes decisions based on practical experience and critical planning Blue:There's an App for that.

2. CL

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    172 threads
    1,681 comments
    Emeryville, CA

2   4:39pm Tue 20 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Red: Women who get pregnant must've wanted it
    Blue: Abortion should be left to the actual woman involved and her doctor

Red: anti-immigrant racists
    Blue: inclusive, big tent

Red: creates class war
    Blue: complains about class war; gets accused of class war by class warriors

3. uomo_senza_nome

Follow
    Befriend (13)
    787 threads
    1,542 comments

3   4:54pm Tue 20 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike (1)  

CL --

I don't like this distinction because it tends to obscure the facts or make it more black/white than what the reality is. For example: Red is for social welfare, big time. They're just hypocritical about it. Blue is a pro-corporate group IMO, because they did nothing meaningful to reduce the influence of FIRE (finance insurance real estate) on the economy.

But I would say that Purple (Independents) are based more in reality than either Red or far Blue.

The Red has basically gone too far into crazy town.

CaptainShuddup says

Red:Job Creators Blue:Job destroyers

Blowing bubbles and creating ephemeral jobs = Red.

CaptainShuddup says

Red:Pro business competition Blue:Pro No bid contract out sourcing

How is giving bailouts to failed banks (happened under Bush) pro business COMPETITION? LOL ROTFLMAO

CaptainShuddup says

Red:Simple honest folks Blue:Complex Kniving pain in the asses.

"Simple honest folks" = lying and backtracking and sidestepping hypocrites, in your world Captain?

CaptainShuddup says

Red:Makes decisions based on practical experience and critical planning Blue:There's an App for that.

This one is the icing on the cake. War on Iraq was critically planned, for sure. $2 to $3 trillion dollars down the drain (actually down the miilitary industrial complex backpockets) and all we got as return is blowback.

Wonderful Captain, just Wonderful.

4. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    621 threads
    8,827 comments

4   4:56pm Tue 20 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

OK one more...
    Red:Stupid Fox watchers Blue:Can't seem to stop watching Fox

5. Automan Empire

Follow
    Befriend
    7 threads
    421 comments
    Los Angeles, CA

5   4:56pm Tue 20 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

Red: Smeagle (Must get the PRECIOUS)
    Blue: Jesus Christ of legend (love thy neighbor, do unto others etc)

6. CL

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    172 threads
    1,681 comments
    Emeryville, CA

6   5:02pm Tue 20 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

uomo_senza_nome says

I don't like this distinction because it tends to obscure the facts or make it more black/white than what the reality is

Fair enough, and I agree largely. However, I was thinking that even the cartoon versions of each group tells an interesting story. For the life of me, I see nothing but crazy factions on the right. Hateful and crazy.

On the Left, I see hippies, environmentalists, unions members, science-people, academics, civil rights activists, old school Christian social justice people, ....not too many I find comical or evil.

In the aggregate it tells a story..don't you think? I'm a tolerant guy, but I wouldn't want to be in the rightwing anti-everyone-who's-different club, no matter what the benefits were.

7. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    621 threads
    8,827 comments

7   7:51am Wed 21 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

All I know for the next four years, if any thing in Washington is going to get done, you'll have to first ask this guy for permission.

8. david1

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    9 threads
    790 comments
    33 male
    Fort Mill, SC

8   9:46am Wed 21 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

you'll have to first ask this guy for permission.

Wow that picture of Boehner is so airbrushed I had to mouse over the picture to figure out who it was.

9. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    621 threads
    8,827 comments

9   9:53am Wed 21 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I know it's hard to recognize him with out the tears.

10. upisdown

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    1,620 comments

10   9:53am Wed 21 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

All I know for the next four years, if any thing in Washington is going to get done, you'll have to first ask this guy for permission.

You put his career and life expectancy that far out? If the past is any indicator, your right wing's politicians have a long history of going down in flames with some type of scandal. And if that doesn't happen, you eat your own because you think that it's somehow apoliticians fault that absolutely nobody will accept your assisinine ideas and hate, except for like-minded people.

11. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    621 threads
    8,827 comments

11   9:57am Wed 21 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Well if 2010 is any indicator of Obama's past performance.
    When this new batch of supporters realize he lied, in 2014 I suspect we'll have a Republican Senate and more Republicans in the House.

12. upisdown

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    1,620 comments

12   10:04am Wed 21 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

Well if 2010 is any indicator of Obama's past performance.
    When this new batch of supporters realize he lied, in 2014 I suspect we'll have a Republican Senate and more Republicans in the House.

Yeah, because doing the same thing and saying the same stuff has worked out so well for you.

I thought that the pain and sheer frustration would have made you right wingers try a different tack, but you're bound to stick with the same old shit until it destroys you. I don't even feel sorry for you now.

13. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    621 threads
    8,827 comments

13   10:07am Wed 21 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

upisdown says

I don't even feel sorry for you now.

Well then THERE'S another thing I can scratch off my list.

14. CL

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    172 threads
    1,681 comments
    Emeryville, CA

14   10:15am Wed 21 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

I think you should be worried that the coalition, which normally cedes midterms to the GOP, might actually come out and vote this time.

Since the GOP failed so miserably this time, I'd say 2010 was the anomaly...what, with all the financial Armageddon, a "colored" President and whatnot, scared white folks were especially easy to manipulate into a frenzy.

15. CL

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    172 threads
    1,681 comments
    Emeryville, CA

15   10:17am Wed 21 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

We have to ask permission...like "Speaker Boehner...can we kneecap you now?" "How would you like your next legislative defeat?"

16. upisdown

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    1,620 comments

16   10:23am Wed 21 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

upisdown says

I don't even feel sorry for you now.
    Well then THERE'S another thing I can scratch off my list.

LOL, you're a typical spoiled boomer with delusional thoughts of self entitlement aren't you? Your past voting has put you(and many, many others) in the position that you're in now. Hope that those sheets are cheap, but you probably screwed yourself there too.

17. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    621 threads
    8,827 comments

17   10:27am Wed 21 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

If you call a 45 year old high school drop out that has a 6 figure job in the IT sector in spite of what collective HR consensus requires, as spoiled boomer with delusional thoughts of entitlement, then yes I suppose I am. As long as I'm defining what my entitlements are, and creating them for my self.

18. upisdown

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    1,620 comments

18   10:32am Wed 21 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

CaptainShuddup says

If you call a 45 year old high school drop out that has a 6 figure job in the IT sector in spite of what collective HR consensus requires, as spoiled boomer with delusional thoughts of entitlement, then yes I suppose I am. As long as I'm defining what my entitlements are, and creating them for my self.

Your a bootstrapper? From carpet layer to IT/Tech sector and blogger, that's quite some movement. Good for you. I hope that you got out of laying carpet before your knees went.

CL is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 84 milliseconds to create.