Quiet Bath & Kitchen Fans. Pumps. Cool Mechanical Stuff. Engineers Boutique (Advertisement)

HGTV: House Hunters - San Francisco to Houston

By jvolstad   Follow   Tue, 20 Nov 2012, 4:48pm   614 views   8 comments
In San Antonio TX 78254   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Realtard trying to get them to buy even though the wife is not happy about leaving the Bay Area.

Viewing Comments 1-8 of 8     Last »     See most liked comments

1. BuckState

Follow
    Befriend
    1 comments

1   6:23pm Tue 20 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

A friend of mine was on this show. It was filmed about 6 months after they bought their house. No surprise- all fake. They had an ad out that was asking for a couple that recently purchased a home to reply if they wanted to be on the show.

It was recorded in portions months apart. In once scene they had t-shirts and the next was winter coats.

To be honest I likely would not have noticed had they not gave us the play by play.

2. Kevin

Follow
    Befriend
    41 threads
    2,655 comments

2   3:17am Wed 21 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

What, you mean that it isn't the case that every single person who buys a home has exactly three homes that they have to make a decision about?

My understanding with house hunters is that they originally actually tried following people around while they looked at houses, but inevitably it went one of two ways:

- They buy the first house that they see. No drama.
    - They spend months trying to find a house and maybe never find one that they like in their budget. Not ideal for filming.

I much prefer their home decorating / remodeling shows, though those also have fake dramatic moments, and are staged as hell.

3. MsBennet

Follow
    Befriend
    5 threads
    298 comments

3   9:09am Wed 21 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I used to like HGTV but now all they have are these buying real state shows. Must be cheap to produce. I miss the decorating shows.

4. upisdown

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    1,620 comments

4   9:18am Wed 21 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

MsBennet says

I used to like HGTV but now all they have are these buying real state shows. Must be cheap to produce. I miss the decorating shows.

Doesn't it seem odd that while most of those shows seem to be fake by every measure possible, that they are all filmed or about houses in California, where it seems the housing markets and prices are about as goofy and ridiculous as they can possibly be?

5. finehoe

Follow
    Befriend
    21 threads
    479 comments
    Washington, DC

5   9:42am Wed 21 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

upisdown says

they are all filmed or about houses in California

This isn't really true.

6. upisdown

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    1,620 comments

6   10:00am Wed 21 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

finehoe says

they are all filmed or about houses in California
    This isn't really true.

I guess that the shows that I've seen, that tell me they're in ? California, just means that they're filmed somewhere else? You know like that one show with the moron who constantly yells at everybody, from his housekeeper to his assistant, named Jeff? I mean when they say they're in California, they're actually somewhere else with a similar climate to California?

7. tatupu70

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    19 threads
    7,601 comments

7   10:39am Wed 21 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

upisdown says

I guess that the shows that I've seen, that tell me they're in ? California, just means that they're filmed somewhere else? You know like that one show with the moron who constantly yells at everybody, from his housekeeper to his assistant, named Jeff? I mean when they say they're in California, they're actually somewhere else with a similar climate to California?

No, it means that the small sample size of shows that you've watched doesn't represent the overall sample of house hunters shows.

8. upisdown

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    1,620 comments

8   11:16am Wed 21 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

tatupu70 says

No, it means that the small sample size of shows that you've watched doesn't represent the overall sample of house hunters shows.

Hmmm, nope they were all in California except the loudmouth guy fro NYC that yells instead of talking. I like the blond hottie that remodels bathrooms, except when they make her put on a sweatshirt to cover the cracks at both ends when she's likely to bend over. Ya ever notice that they always make the women wear really small tops that shows a lot of cleavage?

jvolstad is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 315 milliseconds to create.