Peter Schiff – The coming 2013 – 2014 U.S. crash will be worse than 2008

By HousingBoom   Follow   Wed, 21 Nov 2012, 6:15pm   19,160 views   242 comments
Watch (2)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike  

http://riehlworldview.com/2012/07/video-peter-schiff-the-coming-2013-2014-us-crash-will-be-worse-than-2008-and-europe.html

If you listen to Schiff and buy what's he's saying, the policies of the Obama administration are making an already bad situation much worse, setting us up for calamity and the coming crash, whether in 2013 or 2014, or a bit further out, will be beyond anything we've seen recently.

« First     « Previous     Viewing Comments 163-202 of 242     Next »     Last »     See most liked comments

1. bgamall4

Follow
    Befriend (11)
    1,279 threads
    8,226 comments
    64 male
    Las Vegas, NV
    bgamall4's website
    Premium

163   10:47am Mon 26 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

Goran_K says

Not sure why you believe libertarians are racist.

You are kidding me right? Schiff stated that a restaurant owner should have the right to refuse service based on race. That at least is a call for racism to be a civil right.

Rothbard was an out and out racist. He rejected sending the blacks back to Africa only because it would cost too much.

Oh, and Rand Paul opposed the civil rights act of 1964 until he got flack for his position. You don't know much about the real libertarians. Voluntary relationships is a fundamental assumption of their godless religion.

2. Goran_K

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    31 threads
    2,192 comments
    Laguna Beach, CA

164   11:23am Mon 26 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

You're taking the actions of individuals and applying it to an entire philosophy. Rush Limbaugh once said that "all criminals resemble Jesse Jackson". Rush Limbaugh claims to be a Christian.

Does that mean a core belief of Republicans and Christians is that black people are criminals? That's a ridiculous connection to make just like your assumption that all Libertarians are racist because of something Schiff said.

(also you took what Schiff said completely out of context, but we'll get to that later if you want to push the subject)

If you actually understood Libertarian doctrine, you would know that they genuinely see racism as a belief system that expresses itself only in the form of coercive government power. State-enforced discrimination is the only kind of discrimination. A libertarian by definition opposes discrimination because libertarians oppose the state. Racism is NOT a core belief of Libertarians. It works both ways, while they believe that the state should not enforce discrimination, they also believe that anti-discrimination movements like "affirmative action" should also be opposed (more of what Schiff was talking about).

Of course reactionary people often jump to conclusions about things they don't completely understand.

3. bgamall4

Follow
    Befriend (11)
    1,279 threads
    8,226 comments
    64 male
    Las Vegas, NV
    bgamall4's website
    Premium

165   11:29am Mon 26 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

I wrote an ebook about libertarianism. The concept of voluntary relationships is similar to Ayn Rand's philosophy.

Yes, the only racism these perverts see is quotas. Racism as a civil right is a core belief of libertarianism. Racism like that of Rothbard may not be. But libertarianism attracts a lot of racist misfits because it allows for racism to be a civil right.

If it isn't racist to do so it is wacko. Libertarianism is wacko. That is the conclusion I come up with in my ebook. I have too many examples of libertarian leaders proving their wackiness.

4. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,833 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

166   11:32am Mon 26 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

Billybigrig says

Listening to the NAR's recommendations on RE is like asking Jeffrey Dahmer for tips on table manners.

This isn't a recommendation from the NAR. This is a graphical representation of what anyone with a brain knows is true.

The cost of buying a home in the United States as a function of wages, home prices, and interest rates are at historic lows.

Bitching about the NAR doesn't change this. When you take interest rates from 6% to 3%, the price someone can pay for a home almost doubles.

5. Goran_K

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    31 threads
    2,192 comments
    Laguna Beach, CA

167   11:41am Mon 26 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike (1)  

bgamall4 says

I wrote an ebook about libertarianism. The concept of voluntary relationships is similar to Ayn Rand's philosophy.

Yes, the only racism these perverts see is quotas. Racism as a civil right is a core belief of libertarianism. Racism like that of Rothbard may not be. But libertarianism attracts a lot of racist misfits because it allows for racism to be a civil right.

If it isn't racist to do so it is wacko. Libertarianism is wacko. That is the conclusion I come up with in my ebook. I have too many examples of libertarian leaders proving their wackiness.

It's not about quotas. Damn it, I hope you're kidding that you actually wrote a book about libertarians because you seem to misunderstand the very basics of the doctrine.

It's NOT about quotas. It IS about state enforced discrimination, and anti-discrimination. That is all. Anything else you have misunderstood on top is an addition to the doctrine that you have made in your own mind that doesn't exist. Ron Paul doesn't go around telling people to hate blacks and not do business with them. In fact one of his biggest supporting blocks was African Americans.

You yourself practice discrimination in your own life. Do you let pedophiles play with your kids? Do you want your family hanging out with gang members and drug dealers? No, you discriminate because you have a choice. What if the state enforced a quota that your neighborhood must allow at least 10% of the housing to be available for released pedophiles? I don't think you would really agree with that, and neither would libertarians.

Sure, some wacko could say "I don't want to serve blacks in my establishment", but that business person also gets the free market punishment of losing business from all black people, and those who sympathize with black people. They would soon go out of business because they tried to enact a faulty business model.

Conversely, saying someone should get into a top state school, even with lower scores than someone of a more represented race, to fill a quota, is a form of state enforced racism. The state is giving an opportunity to someone (and taking away one) simply based on the color of their skin and not merit.

6. bgamall4

Follow
    Befriend (11)
    1,279 threads
    8,226 comments
    64 male
    Las Vegas, NV
    bgamall4's website
    Premium

168   11:58am Mon 26 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)   Protected  

Goran_K says

You yourself practice discrimination in your own life.

The more you write the more you prove my case. I try to avoid racial discrimination, however, you have the right to practice it in PRIVATE. The libertarians want the ability to practice it in PUBLIC BUSINESS.

That is unlawful and it should stay that way.

7. bubblesitter

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    11 threads
    3,150 comments

169   12:19pm Mon 26 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Billybigrig says

iwog says

When you take interest rates from 6% to 3%, the price someone can pay for a home almost doubles.

Agreed:

When you take interest rates from 6% to 3%, the price someone can be "coerced " into paying for a home almost doubles.

On top of that double the property tax too until the owner lives in that place.

8. RentingForHalfTheCost

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    63 threads
    2,551 comments
    Pleasanton, CA

170   12:22pm Mon 26 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

iwog says

Anyone who wants to challenge it as inaccurate should probably give a reason why.

Lies from NAR's leader in June 2008. Nice pumping back then by NAR. Buy Buy Buy or you will be priced out forever!

9. RentingForHalfTheCost

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    63 threads
    2,551 comments
    Pleasanton, CA

171   12:25pm Mon 26 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

iwog says

Anyone who wants to challenge it as inaccurate should probably give a reason why.

A History Of Lies By The Chief Economists of the National Association of Realtors

10. Bellingham Bill

Follow
    Befriend
    81 threads
    3,321 comments
    Lakeshore, CA

172   12:28pm Mon 26 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

$350,000 @ 6% is a $2300 all-in (PITI etc) outgo.

At 3% this payment pays off a ~$400,000 purchase.

Alternatively, looking at PITI less the P, I get:

$350,000 @ 6% is a $2000/mo cost of ownership, and $2000 @ 3% can support ~$500,000's debt service.

This latter case requires principal repayments to transfer into solid equity that doesn't disappear if & when interest rates go back up or other macro changes that affect valuations.

11. RentingForHalfTheCost

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    63 threads
    2,551 comments
    Pleasanton, CA

173   12:39pm Mon 26 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Billybigrig says

iwog says

When you take interest rates from 6% to 3%, the price someone can pay for a home almost doubles.

Agreed:

When you take interest rates from 6% to 3%, the price someone can be "coerced " into paying for a home almost doubles.

Don't take it personal if you don't get the above. Even the great Ben Bernacke has trouble connecting the relationship between interest rates and home prices. It really is a giant shell game. Following the ball, following the ball, can you guess where it is? Who is to blame? Over there! Look a puppy!

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2012/03/22/bernanke-denies-fed-rate-policy-caused-housing-bust/

12. Bellingham Bill

Follow
    Befriend
    81 threads
    3,321 comments
    Lakeshore, CA

174   12:58pm Mon 26 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Thing is, there was a disconnect between Fed policy 2004-2006 and the housing market.

The Fed began raising interest rates in mid-2004, but the boom went on for another full year, and prices stabilized at the 2005 level for another year or so (the summer of 2006 was the beginning of the bust).

The Fed certainly caused the boom of 2002-2004. But the bubble of 2004-2006 was something else -- the suicide lending of teaser-rate 2 year ARMs, negative-am "pay option" loans, and outright fraud of people buying with no visible means of being able to pay other than future equity withdrawal.

THAT was the bubble of 2004-2006, not the Fed, and why the market crashed in 2007.

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/graph/?g=d9j

shows the Fed fighting rising prices in 1999-2000, giving up in 2001, then letting their freak flag fly in 2002-2003.

The resulting tightening of 2006-2007 wasn't dramatic enough to cause the crash.

13. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,833 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

175   1:19pm Mon 26 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)   Protected  

RentingForHalfTheCost says

Lies from NAR's leader in June 2008. Nice pumping back then by NAR. Buy Buy Buy or you will be priced out forever!

That has nothing whatsoever to do with the validity of the affordability index.

14. RentingForHalfTheCost

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    63 threads
    2,551 comments
    Pleasanton, CA

176   2:48pm Mon 26 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

iwog says

That has nothing whatsoever to do with the validity of the affordability index.

It has everything to do with it. Once a liar always a liar. Personality traits are not fixable. You are born bad.

15. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,833 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

177   6:34pm Mon 26 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

It has everything to do with it. Once a liar always a liar. Personality traits are not fixable. You are born bad.

You can calculate the affordability index without using any NAR data at all. You can use Case-Shiller data and come up with almost the exact same graph.

It's a function of wages, interest rates, and home prices. How can people be so blind to reality? You can easily find 3% mortgages now when 5 years ago they were 6%. You don't think this factors into affordability when making a home buying or renting decision????

16. bgamall4

Follow
    Befriend (11)
    1,279 threads
    8,226 comments
    64 male
    Las Vegas, NV
    bgamall4's website
    Premium

178   7:55pm Mon 26 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

I remember David Lereah, NAR's former liar, come on CNBC every day saying real estate always goes up. When it softened he said, every day, that it would turn around in a few months. We would be turning the corner. Always turning the corner.

I used to laugh. He quit in disgrace. He predicted the housing bubble would go on for many years. It didn't. He even sold a boatload of books predicting these things that the crash disproved.

17. mell

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    308 threads
    3,864 comments
    San Francisco, CA

179   8:37pm Mon 26 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

bgamall4 says

Goran_K says

You yourself practice discrimination in your own life.

The more you write the more you prove my case. I try to avoid racial discrimination, however, you have the right to practice it in PRIVATE. The libertarians want the ability to practice it in PUBLIC BUSINESS.

That is unlawful and it should stay that way.

The freedom to discriminate/disassociate is eroding fast. Private clubs are being bombarded with hate when they discriminate. Business owners advocating marriage to stay between man and woman only as their PRIVATE opinion are being told by crony politicians that they are not welcome in "their" city and zoning and other laws are used to prevent the business. I may not agree with their views but I think a business owner should be able to convert his business into a "private club" with member fees and discriminate however the see fit. You see any ugly bitchez at hooters? Any old grannies? Any gay men serving your chicken wings? Don't think so. Furthermore there are tons of armchair liberals/progressives that hate every homophobic soul out there but as soon as their daughter starts dating a black guy (if they are white or vice versa) or an affordable housing project is announced in their neighborhood or next to their kids school, then all the tolerance goes out of the window instantly. I'd rather have a slightly homophobic pal who is honest about it (and I would likely debate him) than one of those armchair good-doers. Also, just because somebody advocates something fairly extreme like Schiff advocating extreme freedom for the business owner doesn't mean they themselves are racist or support racism, it just means that some principle in their political views is so strong that they cannot advocate prohibiting freedoms that could be abused because it would directly collide with their principles. For example you could be an advocate for welfare although you know that at any given amount of time there will be X amount of people who totally abuse the system because the alternative of no safety net for those in real need seems worse to you.

18. Kevin

Follow
    Befriend
    41 threads
    2,655 comments

180   12:34am Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

iwog says

You can calculate the affordability index without using any NAR data at all. You can use Case-Shiller data and come up with almost the exact same graph.

It's a function of wages, interest rates, and home prices. How can people be so blind to reality? You can easily find 3% mortgages now when 5 years ago they were 6%. You don't think this factors into affordability when making a home buying or renting decision????

Why are you even making this argument?

These guys are all talking in theoretical terms. They're making armchair economic projections and ignoring the reality on the ground.

Most people buy homes because they want to live in them. They'll stay for an average of 17 years (according to what I found googling it), and won't really be that concerned about resale.

The fact of the matter is that in most parts of the US, it's now cheaper to buy than to rent as long as you can qualify for the mortgage. It has been a very long time since the last time this was true.

19. Bigsby

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    4,741 comments
    Monterey, CA

181   3:27am Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Kevin says

They'll stay for an average of 17 years (according to what I found googling it), and won't really be that concerned about resale.

I suspect you're way off the mark with that figure.

20. Goran_K

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    31 threads
    2,192 comments
    Laguna Beach, CA

182   6:28am Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

17 years is extremely off the mark, by over a decade.

21. TechGromit

Follow
    Befriend (6)
    86 threads
    979 comments
    45 male
    Egg Harbor City, NJ

183   8:22am Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

iwog says

Lots of people are still upside down in homes they refuse to give up.

I would think this is a good thing. if everyone looked at housing as an investment and once there investment was losing money, dump it, the banks would be in a far worse position, requiring another round or two of bailout to keep them from collapsing and dragging our economy down with them.

22. Goran_K

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    31 threads
    2,192 comments
    Laguna Beach, CA

184   9:22am Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

Yes, I hope those people keep putting their money into an over priced home they are barely hanging onto. Debt servitude should teach them a good lesson over the next 10 years or so.

23. Kevin

Follow
    Befriend
    41 threads
    2,655 comments

185   10:21am Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Goran_K says

17 years is extremely off the mark, by over a decade.

Ownership rates are parabolic. 40% of people are at least 15 years at the same place and 40% are less than 3 years. The average amongst people who aren't just 'house hopping' is 17 years.

24. Goran_K

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    31 threads
    2,192 comments
    Laguna Beach, CA

186   11:58am Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Kevin says

Ownership rates are parabolic. 40% of people are at least 15 years at the same place and 40% are less than 3 years. The average amongst people who aren't just 'house hopping' is 17 years.

Why don't you just admit you were wrong on your original point instead of posting evasive garbage like that?

25. Cheeseus Sonofdog

Follow
    Befriend
    7 threads
    84 comments

187   3:23pm Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

Libertarians believe in discrimination by the individual. Discrimination is the core concept of liberty. It is when the individual chooses among all options and rejects the other options for any reason, even if ignorantly based on racial criteria.

@bgamall4 may like the government giving us but one option and forcing it on us, or face oppression, but I don't. @bgamall4 is a hypocrite. He discriminates every day. When he bought his new car, you can bet he chose what color it was. Perhaps he picked a black car. That means he rejected every other color. He picked his car based solely on its color and liked that choice. But with his utopian world, it would be government only allowing him to buy a white car, since black absorbs heat and causes global warming. @bgamall4 didn't allow the government to pick his spouse. He chose her and discriminated against every other woman. @bgamall4 picked his friends and discriminated against all others. He chooses who he lets inside of his living room. Discrimination! And when bgamall4 goes to his favored religious institution, you can bet he would have an issue if some muslims came in and started wailing in the aisle or a pack of satanists started burning a cross on stage. In fact, I bet bgamall4 would call the cops and have them arrested. Discrimination. And when bgamall4 registered to vote, I am pretty sure he discriminated against the other political party.

See, the issue is that we should all be allowed to discriminate. As long as we don't physically harm another it is liberty. Pretending that humans can all love one another and just sing Kumbayah doesn't work. It creates tension. We need to get to a point where we can each tolerate anothers opinion. Yeah, that opinion may be arrogant or ignorant. While Libertarians think a private business should be allowed to turn away a customer for any reason, it doesn't mean they are racists. In fact, they would be the first ones to have an issue with state sanctioned racism. They stand against state segregation as well as affirmative action. Knowing both are force upon all individuals. They don't want government telling blacks they can't vote, but would allow a private college to reject them as long as they get no government funding. Just because one believes in liberty doesn't mean they think ones choice is righteous over another. It doesn't mean because that choice is availble they would partake of it. Many Libertarians want to legalize drugs and prostitution, though they may be married for 30 years and never even had a cup of coffee. They know that choice should be up to the indivdual to choose. If the individual makes a bad choice then it is personal responsibility which then comes into play. Government shouldn't be forcing that individual to make a choice. They should only be there to protect another individual when the first individual neglected to take personal responsibility for harm done.

26. Goran_K

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    31 threads
    2,192 comments
    Laguna Beach, CA

188   3:45pm Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

@Cheeseus Sonofdog, thank you for your post. You obviously understand libertarianism.

27. DukeLaw

Follow
    Befriend
    3 threads
    77 comments

189   4:41pm Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

The libertarian who is happily engaged expounding his political philosophy in the full glory of his convictions is almost sure to be brought short by one unfailing gambit of the statist. As the libertarian is denouncing public education or the Post Office, or refers to taxation as legalized robbery, the statist invariably challenges. "Well, then are you an anarchist?" The libertarian is reduced to sputtering "No, no, of course I'm not an anarchist." "Well, then, what governmental measures do you favor? What type of taxes do you wish to impose?" The statist has irretrievably gained the offensive, and, having no answer to the first question, the libertarian finds himself surrendering his case.

http://mises.org/daily/2801

In the 1950s and still relevant today.

28. Goran_K

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    31 threads
    2,192 comments
    Laguna Beach, CA

190   5:03pm Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

DukeLaw says

"Well, then are you an anarchist?"

Of course not, the government has a role in the Libertarian world; to ensure non-coercion, and protect against violence.

AFAIK, these are not precepts of an anarchist.

29. Mark D

Follow
    Befriend
    242 threads
    909 comments
    Simi Valley, CA

191   5:28pm Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Goran_K says

Yes, I hope those people keep putting their money into an over priced home they are barely hanging onto. Debt servitude should teach them a good lesson over the next 10 years or so.

then why are you currently shopping for a house?

http://patrick.net/forum/?p=1218856
    http://patrick.net/forum/?p=1218790

34 Olivehurst, Irvine, CA 92602

By Goran_K Follow (2) Thu, 15 Nov 2012, 9:19am 91 views 0 comments
    In Irvine CA 92614 Watch (1) Share Quote Permalink Like (1) Dislike
    Invite an expert to fact-check this

Part of the Northpark neighborhood of Irvine, a well-to-do, gated community built in the late 90s-early 2000s.

Drove through the gate, the neighborhood is really nice. The HOA cost (nearly $300) keep everything in tip-top shape; grass is trimmed, trees aren't over grown, and the streets are sparkling. blah blah...

59 Sparrowhawk Irvine, CA 92604

By Goran_K Follow (2) Tue, 13 Nov 2012, 9:12pm 306 views 11 comments
    In Irvine CA 92604 Watch (1) Share Quote Permalink Like (1) Dislike
    Invite an expert to fact-check this

This house is listed at $524,900, REO.

What attracted me to it was that it was a single story home, nearly 2,200sqft in a desirable area (Yale Loop in Irvine).

Walking up to the front door, it was obvious this home had some "deferred maintenance". The garage door had wood trim pieces literally hanging on by a single nail, there were two pieces of wood on the driveway. The grass was dead, and the windows looked like they needed to be sealed. Not a great first impression...blah

30. Mark D

Follow
    Befriend
    242 threads
    909 comments
    Simi Valley, CA

192   5:52pm Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Goran_K's avatar is all over the "Open House" section. he's been actively looking to buy and posting reviews in that section for a while now. how could anyone not know?

what i would like to know is that why is he CURRENTLY shopping for a house while telling others that it's not a good time to buy ("over priced"), there's an collapse of the economy coming, and that "debt is slavery" and all that stuffs?

31. mell

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    308 threads
    3,864 comments
    San Francisco, CA

193   6:43pm Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Goran_K says

DukeLaw says

"Well, then are you an anarchist?"

Of course not, the government has a role in the Libertarian world; to ensure non-coercion, and protect against violence.

AFAIK, these are not precepts of an anarchist.

Not just that, also police, military, fire-fighters, state-parks/museums and hospitals and many more are on the list of things that are OK to be run by the government (with private competition in some areas but not all)

32. Goran_K

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    31 threads
    2,192 comments
    Laguna Beach, CA

194   7:26pm Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

It's called window shopping. Did you even read what I said about the houses in my reviews that you posted?

Buying either of them was the furthest thing from my mind.

33. Goran_K

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    31 threads
    2,192 comments
    Laguna Beach, CA

195   7:50pm Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

mell says

Not just that, also police, military, fire-fighters, state-parks/museums and hospitals and many more are on the list of things that are OK to be run by the government (with private competition in some areas but not all)

Exactly. Some schools even do favor public assistance for the destitute and poor (food and shelter, not $729,000 FHA loans).

I think the fact that some people equate libertarianism with some sick form of "left anarchism" shows how little people actually know what libertarianism is all about as a philosophy.

34. Mark D

Follow
    Befriend
    242 threads
    909 comments
    Simi Valley, CA

196   8:31pm Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Goran_K says

It's called window shopping. Did you even read what I said about the houses in my reviews that you posted?

Goran_K says

LIES.

it appears to me that you went there with the intention of BUYING if it was a good deal. turned out it wasn't. but that doesn't change the fact that you have been ACTIVELY LOOKING TO PURCHASE A HOME.

if you are looking to buy a house (even only if you got a good deal), why are you telling people that "debt is slavery" and that there's an impending economic collapse and homes are currently overpriced?

do you want everyone to stop buying so prices would drop so you would be able to jump in and buy for a very cheap price?

35. Mark D

Follow
    Befriend
    242 threads
    909 comments
    Simi Valley, CA

197   9:21pm Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

who would be concerned with cracks in the floor of the house if they had no interest in buying the house whatsoever?

Goran_K says

Based on comps, if this home were fully remodeled, it might sell in the $640k to $660k range. It does back to Culver, but it's also 2,200 sqft on a single story plan (very hard to get in Irvine).

So based on the $524,900 list price + $80,000 out of pocket expenses to remodel, it looks like a good deal.

BUT....

"The cracks from the floor, going all the way to the ceiling are worrisome. Foundation issues always give me pause. The bank said they fixed it, but who knows? Will this home even get traditional financing? I'd love to see the inspection report on this house if someone does try to buy it. I have a feeling that there is some costly repairs I may be missing from my cursory tour last weekend

36. bubblesitter

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    11 threads
    3,150 comments

198   7:58am Fri 30 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Billybigrig says

Discussions with R.E. Shills about over inflated prices can and is most certainly redundant and meaningless...

Try the ignore function,if it gets too much. It works really well.

37. bgamall4

Follow
    Befriend (11)
    1,279 threads
    8,226 comments
    64 male
    Las Vegas, NV
    bgamall4's website
    Premium

199   10:32pm Thu 4 Jul 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

Cheeseus Sonofdog says

@bgamall4 may like the government giving us but one option and forcing it on us, or face oppression, but I don't. @bgamall4 is a hypocrite. He discriminates every day. When he bought his new car, you can bet he chose what color it was.

Cars are not discriminated against according to color but people are.

38. bgamall4

Follow
    Befriend (11)
    1,279 threads
    8,226 comments
    64 male
    Las Vegas, NV
    bgamall4's website
    Premium

200   10:34pm Thu 4 Jul 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

Cheeseus Sonofdog says

See, the issue is that we should all be allowed to discriminate. As long as we don't physically harm another it is liberty.

Well, let's say there is a restaurant open in the middle of the night. No other restaurants are open. If that restaurant discriminates on the basis of race a black person or person of color could be denied food. That is physical harm.

It doesn't work. In public situations there can be no racism. Advocating racism as a civil right as you do proves my point and I am glad I wrote my ebook.

39. bgamall4

Follow
    Befriend (11)
    1,279 threads
    8,226 comments
    64 male
    Las Vegas, NV
    bgamall4's website
    Premium

201   10:36pm Thu 4 Jul 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

mell says

The libertarians look at the founding fathers to bolster their case, except that they were for public schools. They were for public works.

They lived in an age where they were influenced by classic liberalism, libertarianism, but had enough common sense to govern.

40. E-man

Follow
    Befriend (29)
    34 threads
    1,067 comments

202   4:44am Fri 5 Jul 2013   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike  

robertoaribas says

Peter said the same thing in 2010, and 2011, but that didn't stop him from repeating it in 2012!

It also didn't stop his cult like followers from believing him!

Just keep pushing the date out, he will eventually be correct. Not sure if I would still be alive and a renter waiting for the impending crash. :)

« First     « Previous comments     Next comments »     Last »

HousingBoom is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 369 milliseconds to create.