skip presents this year! be happy!

By coriacci1   Follow   Sun, 25 Nov 2012, 9:36am   376 views   3 comments
In San Francisco CA 94110   Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://www.moneynews.com/StreetTalk/Christmas-skip-underbanked-Think/2012/11/21/id/464996#ixzz2DD789SB4

Viewing Comments 1-3 of 3     Last »     See most liked comments

1. elliemae

Follow
    Befriend (25)
    471 threads
    7,833 comments
    Saint George, UT
    elliemae's website
    Premium

1   6:03pm Sun 25 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

I think that most people would agree not to buy presents. Not to receive them?

Not so much.

2. coriacci1

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    73 threads
    334 comments

2   6:12pm Sun 25 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

elliemae says

I think that most people would agree not to buy presents. Not to receive them?

Not so much.

if given the choice, i think most people would give up the whole buying and getting store bought present thing for the benefit of all concerned.

3. mell

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    284 threads
    3,631 comments
    San Francisco, CA

3   6:13pm Sun 25 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

I started not wanting any presents on my late teens and it stayed that way. It's nice for children, but once you had your own time to reflect about it you realize that it's mostly stupid consumerism. I usually tried to get away skiing/boarding or retreat somewhere by the fireplace with friends or just celebrate quietly closest family. Caused a couple of fights and still does to today, but hey I like my freedom of non-association ;)

coriacci1 is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 33 milliseconds to create.