Obama's Core Belief

By tovarichpeter   Follow   Sun, 25 Nov 2012, 11:05am   485 views   6 comments
In South San Francisco CA 94080   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/how-fighting-income-inequality-became-obamas-driving-force/2012/11/23/ab375434-3256-11e2-9cfa-e41bac906cc9_story.html?hpid=z2

Sent from my iPad

Viewing Comments 1-6 of 6     Last »     See most liked comments

1. APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch

Follow
    Befriend (27)
    411 threads
    11,939 comments

1   7:34am Mon 26 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Obama's is dedicated to the murder of all white people and establishment of sharia as law of the land in the US. FACTS!

2. dublin hillz

Follow
    Befriend
    52 threads
    1,864 comments
    Dublin, CA

2   9:44am Wed 28 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

APOCALYPSEFUCK is Shostakovich says

Obama's is dedicated to the murder of all white people and establishment of sharia as law of the land in the US. FACTS!

He will have a new hybrid flag of a islamic crescent and communist hammer and sickle after all they were such allies in afghanistan in the 1980s!

3. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    1,055 threads
    13,364 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

3   10:40am Wed 28 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

My educated guess about Obama's core belief is that first and foremost he wants to go down in history as a successful first black president, and that in order to be considered a success, Obama tries hard not to rock the boat and does not challenge the establishment.

This is why he didn't close Gitmo, why he outsourced torture, why he supported indefinite detention in violation of Habeas Corpus, why he uses drone strikes, why he's still fighting Bush's wars, why he waited so long to come out for gay marriage, why he finally came out for gay marriage (the majority now supports this), why he bailed out the banks, why he propped up housing prices, and why he takes what he believes to be the centralist position -- although it's not because the right has more so far to the right.

Ultimately, Obama is a bad president because he's too worried about looking like a bad president. Thus he just goes along with what all the power interests already want. Obama doesn't attempt to change things other than that disastrous health care compromise in which he gave up all the important points. Obama doesn't threaten the power of the establishment.

4. rooemoore

Follow
    Befriend
    46 threads
    1,343 comments
    male
    Larkspur, CA

4   11:10am Wed 28 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

This ain't fun. But you watch me, I'll get it done.
    ~Jackie Robinson

5. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (8)
    268 threads
    5,953 comments
    Davis, CA

5   11:17am Thu 29 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Dan8267 says

Ultimately, Obama is a bad president because he's too worried about looking like a bad president.

I disagree. He's the best president we could ask for at this point in our history. He REPRESENTS America. The bad and the good. The principled and the compromised positions. We've had far worse.

6. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    387 threads
    20,446 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

6   11:27am Thu 29 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)   Protected  

I agree with fighting income inequality and I wish him well if that is his true intention. I think innovators and job creators should become fabulously wealthy, but I also think that most of the wealth doesn't go to these people and instead goes into the pockets of assholes who sit on the couch speculating and eating up dividends and parking full oil tankers off the coast to drive up the cost of gasoline.

If the capital gains rate returned to 28%, Buffett and Gates would still be worth billions of dollars, but at least the federal budget would be a bit more balanced and a few more dollars would flow to people who work for a living.

tovarichpeter is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 45 milliseconds to create.