« previous   misc   next »

Change In Category Name

By Suburban Gal   Follow   Sun, 25 Nov 2012, 1:39pm PST   800 views   10 comments
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

I think HEALTH INSURANCE should be changed to HEALTHCARE.

Comments 1-10 of 10     Last »

Patrick   Mon, 26 Nov 2012, 3:23am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike     Comment 1

OK, the name of that category is now Healthcare.

Suburban Gal   Mon, 26 Nov 2012, 3:56am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 2

Patrick says

OK, the name of that category is now Healthcare.

Thanks! That was quick.

Suburban Gal   Mon, 26 Nov 2012, 9:03am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 3

War says

WHY??? We have problem with insurance not "healthcare".

First of all, health insurance is part of healthcare. Secondly, I saw topics and discussions unrelated to health insurance but still related directly to healthcare being posted and discussed. Given that, it made more sense to change it.

Patrick   Mon, 26 Nov 2012, 9:03am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 4

Fewer letters.

Suburban Gal   Mon, 26 Nov 2012, 9:45am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 5

War says

"Healthcare" isn't the probem. Insurance is.

Actually, both are a problem. Healthcare has just as much wrong with it as insurance does.

Suburban Gal   Mon, 26 Nov 2012, 9:46am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 6

War says

Who cares?

Patrick says

Fewer letters.

Patrick obviously does.

Patrick   Mon, 26 Nov 2012, 9:53am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 7

Yes, people really don't like to have too much text in front of them or wait too long for anything.

Whatever I can do to make Patrick.net smaller and/or faster generally gets it more users and more activity. That's why I'm not eager to add another category. If people have to read even a bit more, they are that much less likely to comment.

Also, it's true that education is mostly a political question.

CaptainShuddup   Mon, 26 Nov 2012, 11:47pm PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 8

Suburban Gal says

First of all, health insurance is part of healthcare.

And that IS the problem.

elliemae   Tue, 27 Nov 2012, 12:12am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 9

Suburban Gal says

Actually, both are a problem. Healthcare has just as much wrong with it as insurance does.

It's like you have a window to my soul!

zzyzzx   Mon, 3 Dec 2012, 3:27am PST   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike     Comment 10

It is more accurate with the new name.

Suburban Gal is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email

home   top   questions or suggestions? write p@patrick.net