Tell Texas what we really think of them...

By watchingmarcitz   Follow   Mon, 26 Nov 2012, 9:54pm   1,149 views   17 comments
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

Lets let Texas know we support them via snarc.

Sign this petition instead and send on to others.

http://wh.gov/I9Nc

- Snarcitz

we petition the obama administration to:
Show support for rational, anti-racist and pro-scientific thought but severing all ties with Texas.

The state of Texas continues to be a drag on the national economy as well as human rights by trying to impose non-scientific doctrine as well as anti-gay, anti-Semitic, and anti-femine policies on America. Their dependence on oil and gas holds back scientific advancement in clean tech and represents a clear and present danger to national security via-a-vis China as well as the health and well being of our children. Additionally the subsidies they receive for that industry are also a huge drain on the economy. Finally the money used to protect their borders could be better used elsewhere. Texas' pro-gun stance will help them deal with drug cartels on their borders. Pro-knowledge Americans agree it is time for them to go. Free thought and free the the US by freeing Texas.

Viewing Comments 1-17 of 17     Last »     See most liked comments

1. msilenus

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    8 threads
    345 comments

1   10:02pm Mon 26 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike  

Apologies. I only sign petitions that are comprised of proper English.

Actually, I do not apologize for that.

2. lostand confused

Follow
    Befriend (9)
    461 threads
    2,929 comments

2   10:14pm Mon 26 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Ok, I make my share of spelling mistakes when I am in a hurry, but come on - Is this for real??

"Show support for rational, anti-racist and pro-scientific thought but severing all ties with Texas.
    The state of Texas continues to be a drag on the national economy as well as human rights by trying to impose non-scientific doctrine as well as anti-gay, anti-Semitic, and anti-femine policies on America. Their dependence on oil and gas holds back scientific advancement in clean tech and represents a clear and present danger to national security via-a-vis China as well as the health and well being of our children. Additionally the subsidies they receive for that industry are also a huge drain on the economy. Finally the money used to protect their borders could be better used elsewhere. Texas' pro-gun stance will help them deal with drug cartels on their borders. Pro-knowledge Americans agree it is time for them to go. Free thought and free the the US by freeing Texas
    "

3. Patrick

Follow
    Befriend (55)
    5,658 threads
    6,336 comments
    male
    Menlo Park, CA
    Premium

3   12:04pm Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike   Protected  

This is kind of ironic. When Bush II got re-elected after deliberately starting an unnecessary war under false pretenses, I complained to a friend who pointed out that California could seceed and its economy would still be among the biggest on earth.

So I proposed it, and was immediately supported by some guy from Texas. He politely agreed that California and Texas just don't have that much in common and should perhaps go their separate ways.

This time, Obama got re-elected and the Texans want out. I heartily agree that Californians should support Texas in that.

4. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

4   5:01pm Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Patrick says

This time, Obama got re-elected and the Texans want out. I heartily agree that Californians should support Texas in that.

its mighty nice of you Patrick since your a native of Maine to speak for Californians..

at what point did you start calling yourself Californian.. was it 5-10-15 years since you moved here...

you better start working on that tan... !

5. leo707

Follow
    Befriend (12)
    11 threads
    4,088 comments
    Oakland, CA
    leo707's website

5   5:15pm Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Patrick says

So I proposed it, and was immediately supported by some guy from Texas. He politely agreed that California and Texas just don't have that much in common and should perhaps go their separate ways.

I would want to see a more depth analysis on the pros and cons, but my initial reaction is to go ahead and let Texas leave.

6. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    1,026 threads
    12,545 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

6   6:06pm Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

Just make sure that Texas and the other ceding states don't get to take nukes, ICBMs, and other military hardware with them. Last thing we need is an armed Middle East right next door to us.

7. Ceffer

Follow
    Befriend
    14 threads
    3,090 comments
    Berkeley, CA

7   7:08pm Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Puerto Rico wants to become a state now. Everybody in Texas should just move to Puerto Rico, and everybody in Puerto Rico should move to Texas, and USA keeps the mineral rights, even trade.

8. Patrick

Follow
    Befriend (55)
    5,658 threads
    6,336 comments
    male
    Menlo Park, CA
    Premium

8   7:25pm Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

thomaswong.1986 says

its mighty nice of you Patrick since your a native of Maine to speak for Californians..

at what point did you start calling yourself Californian.. was it 5-10-15 years since you moved here...

you better start working on that tan... !

I'm a native of Illinois actually, but spent ages 9-29 in Michigan. I am a Californian now. It's been 15 years and I'm not going back.

The tan will never happen, but that's not my fault.

9. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    1,026 threads
    12,545 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

9   7:59pm Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Ceffer says

Puerto Rico wants to become a state now. Everybody in Texas should just move to Puerto Rico, and everybody in Puerto Rico should move to Texas, and USA keeps the mineral rights, even trade.

Fuck NO! I don't want them damn Texas anywhere near Florida. There are enough idiots in this state. We don't need wetback Texans.

10. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    1,026 threads
    12,545 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

10   8:03pm Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

The whole issue of state cession is mute. The federal government owns every state's ass. The federal government is the true owner of all the land and all the natural resources in the state and it ain't gonna give up that wealth. No nation gives up land unless desperate for peace or money, and even rarely in the later case. The federal government isn't going to give up the land in Texas.

If Texans want to secede from the union, their only option is to emigrate. They can't take their land with them. Texas could move to Mexico though. Plenty of unused land there.

11. kentm

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    117 threads
    971 comments

11   10:18am Sun 2 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

Oldie, but goodie...

http://www.fuckthesouth.com/

12. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    1,026 threads
    12,545 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

12   11:14am Sun 2 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

kentm says

Oldie, but goodie...

http://www.fuckthesouth.com/

I wish I could Like multiple times.

13. David9

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    31 threads
    1,009 comments
    Tarzana, CA

13   11:34am Sun 2 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

As for Urban Dallas anyway, there are many non stereotypical, 'left' leaning, friendly people. As an example, not my thing, but there are literally dozens of strip clubs in the city, more so than here in Los Angeles (I have a witness who will verify :) )

True, I could not find work there in 2008, but didn't something happen around that time? And had it not been for the experience I gained there before that, I would not have the job I have now.

As for the oil subsidies, not disagreeing, but isn't a similiar situation going on with the banks and Fannie Mae? That is the real problem I think, there is not just one, two, or three problems that need to be addressed.

14. thomaswong.1986

Follow
    Befriend
    27 threads
    6,131 comments

14   6:17pm Mon 3 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

David9 says

As for the oil subsidies,

Oil subsidies.. no there no oil subsidies.. the cost of finding and drilling an oil well are spread across the life of the well.. no different than that of Lumber or other precious metal mining. This is part of simple cost accounting principles matching costs to revenues.

15. Mark D

Follow
    Befriend
    240 threads
    892 comments
    Simi Valley, CA

15   6:39pm Mon 3 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Texas has no income tax but that's about it.

16. David9

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    31 threads
    1,009 comments
    Tarzana, CA

16   7:42pm Mon 3 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

thomaswong.1986 says

no there no oil subsidies

Taxes then. Page 5. A Texan told me one of the reasons (besides high property taxes) that Texas has no state income tax is because of oil and gas 'revenue':

http://www.hro.house.state.tx.us/pdf/focus/Revenue82.pdf

"Texas has three main oil and gas taxes: a 4.6
    percent oil production tax, a 7.5 percent natural gas
    production tax, and a 3/16th-of-one-cent tax per barrel
    of oil produced in Texas. Oil production and regulation
    taxes are expected to generate $2 billion in fiscal 2010-
    11 and $1.9 billion in fiscal 2012-13, according to the
    comptroller. Natural gas taxes are expected to generate.."

17. lisalisa

Follow
    Befriend
    1 threads
    82 comments
    New Lenox, IL

17   5:00am Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I'll treat this like I treat technology.
    Let them be the first to try it.... see if they like it. They will find out what's wrong with it. Maybe it will be a "Lemon"... maybe not. They may get a lifetime of enjoyment out of it.
    The result will tell the rest of those sitting on the fence to embrace it or let it go for something better down the line.

watchingmarcitz is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 205 milliseconds to create.