Black Friday is America's Hunger Games

By Dan8267   Follow   Tue, 27 Nov 2012, 5:58pm   445 views   5 comments
In Boca Raton FL 33433   Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

Black Friday is the day that the 47% kill each other for a discount on some crap made in China. I think the rich made that day up so they could laugh at the poor and bet on the death toll.

And the best of them all, the opening scene is straight out of a zombie movie.

Black Friday illustrates everything vile about our consumerist culture.

Viewing Comments 1-5 of 5     Last »     See most liked comments

1. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    1,075 threads
    13,857 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

1   7:56pm Tue 27 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/12970-walmarts-hunger-games

Evidently, I'm not the only one thinking this.

2. Vicente

Follow
    Befriend (7)
    270 threads
    6,063 comments
    Davis, CA

2   5:43pm Thu 29 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Dan8267 says

kill each other for a discount

From what I've heard, there's nothing "special" about the discounts on this particular day of the year.

http://www.empowernetwork.com/rcremin/blog/why-black-friday-is-a-rip-off-and-myth/

They understock the items that are there to pull you in the door, knowing that when they run out, most of you will buy SOMETHING. Because you didn't get up at 2AM to come home empty-handed. I went to one years ago because I was bored. Didn't buy anything, decided it wasn't worth my time.

3. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    393 threads
    20,833 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

3   5:48pm Thu 29 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

Believe it or not, some of the females in my clan actually enjoy doing this. It's a sport for them and they get very excited.

No crazier than football I think.

4. Bellingham Bill

Follow
    Befriend
    81 threads
    3,319 comments
    Lakeshore, CA

4   5:57pm Thu 29 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I got 5 cargo shorts for $35 from Kohl's last week, combining their 70% winter clearance sale with 25% night owl and counting the $15 "Kohl's Cash" I gotta use this week on something.

Fuck yeah. My sartorial needs are set for life : )

5. Dan8267

Follow
    Befriend (17)
    1,075 threads
    13,857 comments
    Boca Raton, FL

5   9:27am Fri 30 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Vicente says

They understock the items that are there to pull you in the door, knowing that when they run out, most of you will buy SOMETHING.

So true. I've never done Black Friday and never will because the ruse is so obvious. Same kind of things that car salesmen do. I did Cyber Friday though, because it costs nothing in terms of time and effort and walking away is easy.

Dan8267 is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 103 milliseconds to create.