Post jobs and track applicants with Jobbered, our Applicant Tracking Software (Advertisement)

Housing Inventory Ghost Town

By tannenbaum   Follow   Tue, 27 Nov 2012, 11:01pm   8,494 views   164 comments
Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

http://loganmohtashami.com/2012/06/11/orange-county-ca-housing-inventory-ghost-town/

This post, somewhat ironically coming from a loan officer in Orange County, CA, is several months old, but remains equally relevant today and succinctly explains the completely dysfunctional real estate market of 2012.

« First     « Previous     Viewing Comments 45-84 of 164     Next »     Last »     See most liked comments

1. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    408 comments

45   11:54am Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I did none of those things. I had a dispute with one other user.

2. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    408 comments

46   11:56am Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

iwog says

What do you base that on?

I base that on the contitution and the supreme court. You have a way to not listen to whomever you don't want to listen too.

3. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    408 comments

47   11:59am Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

iwog says

How about marking hundreds of legitimate posts as spam so no one can see them?

What is legitimate? What you think is legitimate? The only issue with that feature is that it is even available. Don't censor anyone if people don't want to hear it they can block the individual.

4. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (48)
    319 threads
    17,104 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

48   11:59am Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

yup1 says

I base that on the contitution and the supreme court. You have a way to not listen to whomever you don't want to listen too.

Oh get off it. You have the right to free speech, you don't have the right to take over a private forum paid for with private money and force other people to read what you write.

How the hell can you even begin to justify this nonsense?

5. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    408 comments

49   12:00pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

iwog says

yup1 says

Oh get off it. You have the right to free speech, you don't have the right to take over a private forum paid for with private money and force other people to read what you write.

I am also standing up for you to post what garbage you want to post, Fool!

6. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (48)
    319 threads
    17,104 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

50   12:01pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

yup1 says

What is legitimate? What you think is legitimate? The only issue with that feature is that it is even available. Don't censor anyone if people don't want to hear it they can block the individual.

Patrick allows people to mark a post as spam if it's:

1. Spam (stunningly difficult to comprehend I know)
    2. Pointless childish personal attacks with no relevance to the conversation or the forum

Patrick does not allow you to mark things as spam if you simply disagree with what is being posted. That will get you banned immediately and if that was your crime, you deserved to be removed.

7. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    408 comments

51   12:02pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

iwog says

yup1 says

I mention the constition and the supreme court and your response is get off it. That is sad.

8. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (48)
    319 threads
    17,104 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

52   12:03pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

yup1 says

I don't have the right to use a private forum to be heard and neither do you. It's a privilege and if you abuse that privilege you shouldn't be here.

9. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    408 comments

53   12:03pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

iwog says

That will get you banned immediately and if that was your crime, you deserved to be removed.

Not my crime I am saying we need free speech on this public forum

10. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (48)
    319 threads
    17,104 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

54   12:04pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

yup1 says

I mention the constition and the supreme court and your response is get off it. That is sad.

ROFLOL.....mentioning the Constitution and Supreme Court makes you win the argument eh?

That literally made me crack up. Now stop it so I can finish my coffee.

11. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    408 comments

55   12:05pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

iwog says

yup1 says

I don't have the right to use a private forum to be heard and neither do you. It's a privilege and if you abuse that privilege you shouldn't be here.

Ok so I did nothing that you mentioned. Why was my account deleted?

12. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (48)
    319 threads
    17,104 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

56   12:05pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

yup1 says

Not my crime I am saying we need free speech on this public forum

This is not a public forum, this is a private forum with public access exactly the same way a McDonald's is a private restaurant with public access. You do not have the constitutional right to pull down your pants at a McDonald's and you certainly don't have the right to verbally waive your weenier here either.

13. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    408 comments

57   12:05pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

iwog says

Until you get censored

14. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (48)
    319 threads
    17,104 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

58   12:06pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

yup1 says

Ok so I did nothing that you mentioned. Why was my account deleted?

Why are you asking me? Write Patrick an email and ask him.

15. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    408 comments

59   12:07pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

You are the one responding and saying censorship is ok with you.

16. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (48)
    319 threads
    17,104 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

60   12:08pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

yup1 says

iwog says

Until you get censored

I'm being censored right now. There are threads I can't post in because a premium member doesn't like what I say. It's not a big deal.

17. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (48)
    319 threads
    17,104 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

61   12:08pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

yup1 says

Absolutely correct.

18. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    408 comments

62   12:09pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

I am betting you would change your toon if you got deleted.

Funny a liberal fighting for censorship.

19. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (48)
    319 threads
    17,104 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

63   12:11pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

yup1 says

I am betting you would change your toon if you got deleted.

Funny a liberal fighting for censorship.

I'm not going to get deleted because I'm not a forum destroying prick. I'll defend free speech and the constitution to the death if necessary however your understanding of what constitutes free speech is bullcrap.

20. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    408 comments

64   12:12pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

iwog says

yup1 says

Absolutely correct.

Sorry I just noticed you are a premium member. Now I understand your point of view. Pathetic.

21. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (48)
    319 threads
    17,104 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

65   12:13pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

yup1 says

Sorry I just noticed you are a premium member. Now I understand your point of view. Pathetic.

I'm glad I could help with your understanding and your therapy.

22. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    408 comments

66   12:17pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

iwog says

I'm not going to get deleted because I'm not a forum destroying prick. I'll defend free speech and the constitution to the death if necessary however your understanding of what constitutes free speech is bullcrap.

Many would argue that you are a forum destroying prick. You wont get deleted because you pay, let's be real. I understand free speech just fine and I understand why a paying member here would want to limit mine. I also understand that this forum is technically private, but on a very public internet. The spirit of free speech should be practiced on this forum. Why allow any user to supress the speech of another, when they have the ability to block communications with any user that they want to block.

23. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    408 comments

67   12:28pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Free Speech 1
    Duckface 0

24. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (48)
    319 threads
    17,104 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

68   12:28pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike   Protected  

yup1 says

Many would argue that you are a forum destroying prick. You wont get deleted because you pay

Right........it has nothing to do with the fact that 51 other forum members have befriended me or that I try to include content with nearly everything I post here or that I don't spam.

It's because I donate money to keep the site running right? By the way Patrick is providing a service and since you want to use that service, I suggest that you should also help out and send him a small donation.

Unlimited free speech should not be practiced on this forum because some people are too stupid, too arrogant, or too full of hate to be trusted with it. It's really too bad but it happens to be the truth.

25. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    408 comments

69   12:41pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

iwog says

Right........it has nothing to do with the fact that 51 other forum members have befriended me or that I try to include content with nearly everything I post here or that I don't spam.

Do you have a lot of facebook friend too?

iwog says

It's because I donate money to keep the site running right? By the way Patrick is providing a service and since you want to use that service, I suggest that you should also help out and send him a small donation.

It shouldn't limit my speech.

iwog says

Unlimited free speech should not be practiced on this forum because some people are too stupid, too arrogant, or too full of hate to be trusted with it. It's really too bad but it happens to be the truth.

If that is the additude this forum will be shutting down in the not to distant future because it will have no value. A bunch of like minded individuals will be hanging out given eachother high fives after each new member with a different point of view is banned. Sounds a little like church.

26. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    408 comments

70   12:42pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

yup1 says

Sounds a little like church.

Or the tea party

27. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    408 comments

71   2:19pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

robertoaribas says

I do not mark insulting names or words at me as spam, because i don't care about insults. I do mark calling me a liar as spam, because unless someone cares to back it up with facts, in any other non anonymous forum that would be considered libel, and thus I don't think it should be tolerated here.

If you don't consider your linked blog having posts by you saying

Evidence piling up that the Phoenix Arizona Housing Market is in big trouble.
    Posted on September 16, 2010

Why am I still bearish, when there has been good news on some housing fronts?
    Posted on October 16, 2010 by robertoaribas

and here is you Oct 31 2012 post
    You gave Phoenix as an example. I have 3 condos under contract today, that are selling at 80%+ off of peak prices. They are not even in the worst areas, though certainly not luxury. 30K for a 3/2 2 car garage 1450 square feet, near metro rail and freeways... rents for $800. This isn't 2000 pricing, this isn't 1990 pricing, this is NEVER pricing, they sold new for 60's in 1982.

Told your blog followers you are a bear on Oct 16, 2010.
    Told this forum you are in contract to buy Oct 31, 2010.

Maybe it isn't a lie, it is pretty damn close.

28. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (48)
    319 threads
    17,104 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

72   2:23pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

yup1 says

If that is the additude this forum will be shutting down in the not to distant future because it will have no value. A bunch of like minded individuals will be hanging out given eachother high fives after each new member with a different point of view is banned. Sounds a little like church.

I'm a perfect example of how pathetically wrong you are on this point. Patrick and myself are STRONG opposites when it comes to the housing market. I started posting in 2008 that I thought real estate was a good investment, even before we hit the 2009 bottom. I've been a very vocal real estate bull since then and I've never once been limited in my participation.

29. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    408 comments

73   2:25pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

So you are basically saying that from Oct 16, 2010 to Oct 31, 2010 you went from being a "bear" to being in contract to buy. Holy F*** that is one massive change of heart, mind, and soul.

I noticed you did not tell your blog of your actions until Aug 17, 2012. Of course you even told half truths at that time "Full disclosure, I began buying properties 18 months ago" That is a half truth because you actually started on Oct 31, 2010 not in March 2011 like you claim.

Now you come on hear and toot your own horn on a hourly basis.

30. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    408 comments

74   2:30pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

And now robertoaribas will promptly meltdown, start calling me names, and cry to Patrick to have me banned. Even though I have not called him a liar, and have backed up his statements with his own statements. How did you put it

robertoaribas says

because unless someone cares to back it up with facts

Backed it up with facts! In fact in your own words.......

31. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (48)
    319 threads
    17,104 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

75   2:40pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

I'd rather see a flame war and watch people call each other names than read all this whining.

32. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    408 comments

76   2:43pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

iwog says

I'd rather see a flame war and watch people call each other names than read all this whining.

I know reading is actually a little hard for you DuckFace!

33. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (48)
    319 threads
    17,104 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

77   3:06pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike   Protected  

yup1 says

iwog says

I know reading is actually a little hard for you DuckFace!

Much better.

34. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    408 comments

78   4:41pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

yup1 says

So you are basically saying that from Oct 16, 2010 to Oct 31, 2010 you went from being a "bear" to being in contract to buy. Holy F*** that is one massive change of heart, mind, and soul.

I noticed you did not tell your blog of your actions until Aug 17, 2012. Of course you even told half truths at that time "Full disclosure, I began buying properties 18 months ago" That is a half truth because you actually started on Oct 31, 2010 not in March 2011 like you claim.

Now you come on hear and toot your own horn on a hourly basis.

And there you have it no response from robertoaribas!

35. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    408 comments

79   6:10pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

yup1 says

And now robertoaribas will promptly meltdown, start calling me names, and cry to Patrick to have me banned.

Looks like you did as predicted, again.....

robertoaribas says

obsessive little bitch ass

robertoaribas says

A smarter person than you

robertoaribas says

Now, I know your blind rage at me, or perhaps your general nature precludes much in the way of thinking.

robertoaribas says

Now, I know since you have your proctology headlite on, and are attempting to look straight up my rectum

robertoaribas says

You are extremely jealous of me, and will go to obsessive lengths to take me on, on here.

You attempt to weasel out with "I quit my blog" LOL

I wonder home many properties you had when you started posting again on Aug 17, 2012? I am gonna guess you had already purchased ALL of the properties you bought.

You are the equivalent of a wall street slimeball telling his clients to buy the same crap he is selling, and to sell the same crap he is buying. I mean you are selling yourself on your website as a professional.

"Roberto Ribas Realtor and Mathematics Professor.
    I’ve been investing and working in real estate for over a decade. My background in mathematics enabled me to see the bubble coming. I have been researching housing bubbles and markets for many years now."

"Phoenix Finance and Home Buying Economics"

Nice advice you gave your readers on your website.

You are Realtard Scum!

36. ELC

Follow
    Befriend (3)
    3 threads
    738 comments
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

80   6:36pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

yup1 says

My background in mathematics enabled me to see the bubble coming. I have been researching housing bubbles and markets for many years now."

I bet it had nothing to do with math. He was probably reading Dr. Housing Bubble's blog. That blog laid it out very concisely.

37. Bigsby

Follow
    Befriend
    4,104 comments
    Monterey, CA

81   6:43pm Sat 1 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

yup1 says

You attempt to weasel out with "I quit my blog" LOL

I wonder home many properties you had when you started posting again on Aug 17, 2012? I am gonna guess you had already purchased ALL of the properties you bought.

You are the equivalent of a wall street slimeball telling his clients to buy the same crap he is selling, and to sell the same crap he is buying. I mean you are selling yourself on your website as a professional.

"Roberto Ribas Realtor and Mathematics Professor.
    I’ve been investing and working in real estate for over a decade. My background in mathematics enabled me to see the bubble coming. I have been researching housing bubbles and markets for many years now."

"Phoenix Finance and Home Buying Economics"

Nice advice you gave your readers on your website.

You are Realtard Scum!

You are complaining about his insults, and yet, you are also insulting him.
    He's given you a perfectly cogent explanation of what he did, including a relevant link, so why are you continuing with this?

38. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    408 comments

82   6:43am Sun 2 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Bigsby says

I called him Realtard Scum and you consider that an insult? He is a realtard which by definition means he is scum.

39. yup1

Follow
    Befriend
    10 threads
    408 comments

83   6:48am Sun 2 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

robertoaribas says

yup1, here is a link to get you started to dealing with your envy in a more healthy manner.

Why is it you think anyone would be envious of you?

I have no desire to be a slumlord. I have no desire to collect rents from the less fortunate. I have no desire to be a realtard and lead people to the path of debt slavery. I have no desire to be a junior college teacher leading those young minds to a life of debt slavery.

You obviously think very highly of yourself. Maybe you should reconsider.

40. Bigsby

Follow
    Befriend
    4,104 comments
    Monterey, CA

84   6:55am Sun 2 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

yup1 says

Bigsby says

I called him Realtard Scum and you consider that an insult? He is a realtard which by definition means he is scum.

It's an insult, so quit complaining about being insulted. If you want to dish it out...

« First     « Previous comments     Next comments »     Last »

tannenbaum is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 170 milliseconds to create.