Are these bids for real?

By John Bailo   Follow   Wed, 28 Nov 2012, 9:53pm   401 views   3 comments
In Kent WA 98030   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Somehow I found this site, http://www.auction.com

The site appears to be an e-Bay for houses, where you can enter bids on short sales.

The thing is the Reserve Price, or the lowest bid the seller says they would accept, is phenomenally low...and on many of these houses...there are no bids at all!

Does this mean that these prices could be the true free market value..sans all the the chicanery?

Example:

http://www.auction.com/Washington/residential-auction-asset/1391595-3119-1754-NE-90TH-ST-SEATTLE-WA-98115-O602

Viewing Comments 1-3 of 3     Last »     See most liked comments

1. Entitlemented

Follow
    Befriend
    23 threads
    614 comments
    Goleta, CA

1   10:39pm Wed 28 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Actually I went to an Auction.com auction in SB today. All Auctions were postponed. This due in part to AB278.

The banks are there, they can buy the bid, and then go to short sale, as the market picks back up.

2. taxee

Follow
    Befriend
    88 threads
    466 comments
    El Cerrito, CA

2   5:53am Thu 29 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

You can google 'auction.com opinion'. Buyer be ware. My sense of things in the repo market is that unless you have 'connections' and a team of legal beagles you will get screwed. Probably by design. Google 'mers' and hold on to your wallet.

3. taxee

Follow
    Befriend
    88 threads
    466 comments
    El Cerrito, CA

3   5:55am Thu 29 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

The 'right' people can have all the property they want. The average Joe not so much.

John Bailo is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 205 milliseconds to create.