Harry Reid doesn't understand simple arithmetic.

By CaptainShuddup   Follow   Thu, 29 Nov 2012, 11:14am   578 views   14 comments
Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike (2)  

Obama "has to get serious," Boehner told reporters following his discussion with Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner.

"No substantive progress has been made in the talks between the White House and the House over the last two weeks, I'm disappointed in where we are. I'm disappointed over what's happened in the last couple of weeks, But going over the fiscal cliff is serious business. I'm here seriously trying to resolve it, and I hope the White House would get serious as well. Any increase in the debt limit has to be accomplished by spending reductions that meet or exceed it," Boehner declared Thursday, saying Obama would have to pay a price to raise the ceiling on federal borrowing.

and what's wrong with that?

"I don't understand his brain," Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said of Boehner.

With all due respect Senator, that's nothing a course in economics wont fix.

Viewing Comments 1-14 of 14     Last »     See most liked comments

1. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    845 threads
    10,924 comments

1   12:25pm Thu 29 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (5)   Dislike (3)  

Hey Obama Boehner said NO.

I'm so glad we elected John Boehner president again.

2. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    375 threads
    19,891 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

2   12:31pm Thu 29 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)   Protected  

Clinton told Obama to let Republicans shoot the hostage in January.

It appears Obama has finally learned.

A Republican expiration of a Republican tax bill that cannot be changed because Republicans are blocking it will not be blamed on the Democrats.

3. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    806 threads
    10,043 comments

3   12:36pm Thu 29 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (1)  

CaptainShuddup says

Harry Reid doesn't understand simple arithmetic.

What do you expect from a guy who should be in the dementia ward of a nursing home....

4. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    375 threads
    19,891 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

4   12:48pm Thu 29 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)   Protected  

CaptainShuddup says

Hey Obama Boehner said NO.

I'm so glad we elected John Boehner president again.

Good. I want Boehner to say no. I want this reckless political cult killed off for good in 2014.

Citizens are not going to blame a Republican-inserted self-destruct clause in a Republican tax bill being blocked by Republicans on Democrats.

Is that what you're hoping for? Good luck with that!

5. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    845 threads
    10,924 comments

5   12:52pm Thu 29 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

NO I want responsible spending cuts.
    Who knows what you want, other than a political win for your team.

How ever you got it wrong, if the BUSH tax cuts roll back, then exit the "Bush" part, and say Hello to the Clinton tax rate.
    I think it's the Clinton tax rate that you Libs are afraid of. It was the Clinton taxes that made two term Bush even possible.

6. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    845 threads
    10,924 comments

6   1:01pm Thu 29 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (2)  

Melmakian says

Clinton hates Obama and sabotages him every time he can -- while masterfully looking like he is 'helping'.

Whitey always keepin' a bruddah down!

7. david1

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    9 threads
    790 comments
    33 male
    Fort Mill, SC

7   1:19pm Thu 29 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

Melmakian says

Clinton himself caved to the Reps eventually. We had real reductions in the growth of spending as a result -- which Clinton took credit for afterwards.

Ah. I love declarative statements like these. They are so easy to verify. Here we are, Federal spending (off-budget & on-budget) growth by year:

Clinton, plus Dem Congress
    1993: 0.5%
    1994: 3.7%
    Average Spending Growth = 2.1%

Clinton, plus "Contract with America" Republican Congress
    1995: 0.7%
    1996: 2.7%
    1997: 4.0%
    1998: 3.0%
    1999: 5.0%
    2000: 2.7%

Average Spending Growth = 3.0%.

Bush, first year (2001): 7.3%

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/budget/fy2013/assets/hist.pdf

Is anything you actually state as fact true?

8. edvard2

Follow
    Befriend
    53 threads
    3,807 comments

8   1:24pm Thu 29 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

I'd take Harry Reid over Mitch McConnell anyday. The man sounds like a robot.

9. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    375 threads
    19,891 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

9   5:44pm Thu 29 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

Melmakian says

Clinton himself caved to the Reps eventually. We had real reductions in the growth of spending as a result -- which Clinton took credit for afterwards.

13 vetoes, 13 times congress capitulated.

Yeah Clinton caved to the Pubes. Nice fake history you minted there.

10. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    375 threads
    19,891 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

10   5:45pm Thu 29 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

CaptainShuddup says

Who knows what you want, other than a political win for your team.

Everyone knows what I want because I've been crystal clear about it.

No one has any idea what you want and every time you're asked, you take the question as a personal attack.

Spending cuts? How nice for you.......what do you want cut?

11. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    375 threads
    19,891 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

11   5:47pm Thu 29 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

Melmakian says

As of 2009, it became a Dem tax bill. Both Dem controlled houses passed the current tax laws. There is no 'Republican tax bill' nor has there been one since before 2007.

Yes this is your ludicrous theory that the Democrats own the booby trapped tax increases because they kicked the can down the road 2 years because republicans wouldn't allow them any policy changes.

It's retarded, but I guess you believe it. Most people will not.

12. CaptainShuddup

Follow
    Befriend (1)
    845 threads
    10,924 comments

12   6:39am Fri 30 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)  

iwog says

what do you want cut?

1 Military
    2 cut the power cord on Bernanke's Suzie Bake dollar oven.
    3 Grants to large corporations that can afford their own R&D, especially the ones that take the fruit of the effort and patent it, and trade mark every word that describes the process, then in the case of medicine charge Americans 500X more than they charge patients in the rest of the world.
    4 stop Oil subsidies of all kinds
    5 Stop the ethanol mandate
    6 end the farmers subsidies and tax breaks.
    7 Restructure Federal Agencies to be effective. End more than half of them, consolidate others. Staff them with tenacious thorough minded people that follow through with tasks. These agencies shouldn't be big business best friends. Like many companies actually lobby these agencies to enact more stringent regulations that smaller companies(i.e. small business competition) can't afford to comply with, while it's only the cost of business for these larger corporations. But most often, when the competition is squashed then those very same companies rally for those regulations to end, or skirt them with impunity all together.
    8 Stop spending money on illegal aliens. Not because I'm a heartless greedy bastard. But because it's high fucking time, that we as American tax payers that pay for this crap. When the actual middle class worker finds them selves in need. They are always turned away. And/Or the qualifications are rigged to the point, the Tax payers never qualify regardless how much money they have or don't. Meanwhile you have people that fly here from other Countries, get off the plane and are taken straight to government offices, and they are loaded up with Section 8 housing, full medical health care 100% for free. YET we muscle our Seniors to pay lofty copay's and deductibles for Medicare.
    9 Stop with the Dream act, it's insane that our very own President can chastise America for being low in Education, then turn around and give illegal aliens preferential spots in our Universities with full scholarships to win votes.

I could go on an on, but you get the idea.

13. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    375 threads
    19,891 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

13   10:47am Fri 30 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike   Protected  

1. Your Republican cult refuses to touch the military.
    2. The federal government doesn't fund the fed.
    3. Okay lets cut corporate welfare. I'm with you on this one. We'll save about .0001% of the budget.
    4. That's another .0001%
    5. That number is so small no one can even calculate it.
    6. Another .0001%
    7. Another .0001%
    8. Illegal aliens provide a net financial benefit to the United States. You'd save a few cents in taxes and pay a few dollars more on salad greens.
    9. Again you have immigrants who provide a net benefit to the economy and use very little in federal money. You'd be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

CaptainShuddup says

I could go on an on, but you get the idea.

Yes, I do get the idea. You don't understand the problem and your solutions do nothing to reduce the deficit in any substantial way. Furthermore you're absolutely crazy if you think voting for Republicans will accomplish any of this.

14. mell

Follow
    Befriend (7)
    274 threads
    3,490 comments
    San Francisco, CA

14   10:51am Fri 30 Nov 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Indeed he doesn't understand it:

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=214443

CaptainShuddup is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 133 milliseconds to create.