Real Median Household Incomes

By Patrick   Follow   Sun, 2 Dec 2012, 10:03am   438 views   4 comments
In Menlo Park CA 94025   Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

http://advisorperspectives.com/dshort/updates/Median-Household-Income-Update.php

I have used the latest data to create a pair of charts illustrating the nominal and real income trends during the 21st century. The first chart below chains the nominal values and real monthly values in October 2012 dollars. The red line illustrates the history of nominal median household income in today's dollars (as of the designated month). I've added callouts to show the latest value and the real monthly values for the January 2000 and the peak and post-peak trough in between.

Viewing Comments 1-4 of 4     Last »     See most liked comments

1. MsBennet

Follow
    Befriend
    5 threads
    298 comments

1   12:14pm Sun 2 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Interesting. And no wonder people who makes 250K don't feel rich.

2. dodgerfanjohn

Follow
    Befriend
    37 threads
    1,509 comments
    Los Angeles, CA

2   8:58pm Sun 2 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

MsBennet says

Interesting. And no wonder people who makes 250K don't feel rich.

Yeah. Buying that Coach purse once every other year instead of once a year must totally suck.

3. MsBennet

Follow
    Befriend
    5 threads
    298 comments

3   9:20pm Sun 2 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

dodgerfanjohn says

Yeah. Buying that Coach purse once every other year instead of once a year must totally suck.

Ha, ha. Those purse designers are laughing all the way to the bank. I can't believe women fall for that stuff. Another thing is the fancy makeup and moisturizers that costs hundreds of dollars. I believe it's all overpriced crap.

4. APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch

Follow
    Befriend (27)
    408 threads
    11,780 comments

4   11:49pm Sun 2 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Tyra Banks is smart enough to use Vaseline - or to surrender to tongue baths by yours truly.

Premium member Patrick is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 33 milliseconds to create.