33% say they would buy a mortgage from Wal-Mart

By Call it Crazy   Follow   Mon, 3 Dec 2012, 7:46pm   822 views   14 comments
Watch (0)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (2)  

I guess they want their mortgages from China too....

One in three U.S. consumers would consider a mortgage from retailer Wal-Mart and almost half would consider one from online payment provider PayPal, according to a financial services study to be released on Monday.

The results should be especially disconcerting for banks because the two companies don't even offer mortgages.

The study shows consumers are willing to try alternative lenders as borrowers focus on price, customer service and trust in their provider when selecting a mortgage, said Doug Hautop, lending practice lead at the Carlisle & Gallagher Consulting Group, which conducted the survey.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/33-say-they-would-buy-mortgage-wal-mart-1C7376581

Viewing Comments 1-14 of 14     Last »     See most liked comments

1. Mark D

Follow
    Befriend
    242 threads
    909 comments
    Simi Valley, CA

1   7:48pm Mon 3 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike  

Call it Crazy says

I guess they want their mortgages from China too

why not? Chinese save more than Americans and they live below their means meaning they are much less likely to default.

2. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    943 threads
    12,086 comments

2   7:55pm Mon 3 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (3)  

Mark D says

Call it Crazy says

why not? Chinese save more than Americans and they live below their means meaning they are much less likely to default.

What????? Did you read the article????

3. Mark D

Follow
    Befriend
    242 threads
    909 comments
    Simi Valley, CA

3   8:08pm Mon 3 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Call it Crazy says

Mark D says

Call it Crazy says

What????? Did you read the article????

ok i misread. although i still don't see why Americans wouldn't want to buy mortgages from China when the government is already borrowing from China.

4. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    943 threads
    12,086 comments

4   8:13pm Mon 3 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike (3)  

Mark D says

lthough i still don't see why Americans wouldn't want to buy mortgages from China when the government is already borrowing from China.

They could cut out the middle man... China loans money to the U.S., U.S. gives money to the bank, bank loans money to you...

Yea, should just go direct, from China to you, maybe even get a better rate...

5. kirkm

Follow
    Befriend
    1 comments

5   6:26am Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

This article is apparenty based on 618 responses to an online survey. Really? If like most online polls, take results with a grain of salt.

6. errc

Follow
    Befriend (5)
    51 threads
    2,588 comments
    32 male

6   6:45am Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (2)  

Call it Crazy says

Mark D says

lthough i still don't see why Americans wouldn't want to buy mortgages from China when the government is already borrowing from China.

They could cut out the middle man... China loans money to the U.S., U.S. gives money to the bank, bank loans money to you...

Yea, should just go direct, from China to you, maybe even get a better rate...

You seem to have some fundamental misunderstandings of what the flow chart of dollars thru an economy actually works.

Id just as soon "buy my mortgage" from bin laden or kim jung ill, than send the payments off to the facist wells fargo black hole

7. Jim

Follow
    Befriend
    1 comments

7   8:43am Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (1)  

This article is apparenty based on 618 responses to an online survey. Really? If like most online polls, take results with a grain of salt.

8. everything

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    3 threads
    722 comments

8   8:55am Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

The only thing this survey tells us is that people don't give a rat's XXX who they get their mortgage through.

9. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    943 threads
    12,086 comments

9   8:56am Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike (3)  

errc says

Id just as soon "buy my mortgage" from bin laden or kim jung ill, than send the payments off to the facist wells fargo black hole

I don't think you could get a mortgage from them, they're both dead....

10. chris3637

Follow
    Befriend
    2 threads
    16 comments
    Vancouver, WA

10   9:28am Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike (1)  

This article is idiotic. Who cares who the mortgage company is? It's just going to get bundled and sold off. All that matters is the final cost...

11. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    943 threads
    12,086 comments

11   2:33pm Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

chris3637 says

This article is idiotic. Who cares who the mortgage company is?

Maybe if they get the mortgage from Walmart, they can put the application fees on their EBT cards......

12. SunnyvaleCA

Follow
    Befriend
    7 comments

12   4:07pm Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

chris3637 says

This article is idiotic. Who cares who the mortgage company is? It's just going to get bundled and sold off. All that matters is the final cost...

I think that's the point: customers don't perceive that the conventional mortgage providers add any value, so they would rather take their business elsewhere where they at least get low prices.

13. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    943 threads
    12,086 comments

13   6:36pm Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (3)  

SunnyvaleCA says

I think that's the point: customers don't perceive that the conventional mortgage providers add any value, so they would rather take their business elsewhere where they at least get low prices.

We Have A Winner!!!!

14. BoomAndBustCycle

Follow
    Befriend
    43 threads
    504 comments

14   1:09am Wed 5 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

As long as they have an online payments setup.. and i can manage my payments entirely online reliably. And the costs are lower then the next guy...

Sure, i'd refinance with Wal-Mart!

Call it Crazy is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 173 milliseconds to create.