Core logic confirms accelerating housing recovery

By iwog   Follow   Tue, 4 Dec 2012, 9:22am   1,218 views   16 comments
In Lafayette CA 94549   Watch (1)   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike (1)  

CoreLogic: Home Prices Jumped At The Fastest Rate In 6 Years

http://www.businessinsider.com/corelogic-october-home-prices-2012-12

Viewing Comments 1-16 of 16     Last »     See most liked comments

1. Mark D

Follow
    Befriend
    241 threads
    904 comments
    Simi Valley, CA

1   11:47am Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

words can cause anxiety.

2. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    876 threads
    11,087 comments

2   2:31pm Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Mark D says

words can cause anxiety.

But when they hit both the up and down sides, they have all bases covered...

......"National home prices, including that of distressed homes, climbed 6.3 percent year-over-year in October, rising for the eighth straight month, according to the latest data from CoreLogic. This is the biggest increase since June 2006.

On a monthly basis however home prices declined 0.2 percent."

"Climbed" and "declined" in the first few sentences... nice CYA..

3. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    387 threads
    20,438 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

3   2:49pm Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Try and look past your own silliness for once.

The market dropping .2% in October (almost flat) is unheard of. The market should be dead right now, not maintaining the Summer selling season prices.

4. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    876 threads
    11,087 comments

4   2:55pm Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

iwog says

Try and look past your own silliness for once.

The market dropping .2% in October (almost flat) is unheard of. The market should be dead right now, not maintaining the Summer selling season prices.

By the same token, using data from a single month does not make a trend..... it just makes for a good title to an article.....

5. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    387 threads
    20,438 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

5   3:03pm Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (3)   Dislike  

Call it Crazy says

By the same token, using data from a single month does not make a trend..... it just makes for a good title to an article.....

Bend over skippy:

Call it Crazy says

California house sales dipped 16.5% last month

Call it Crazy says

Number of Homes Facing Foreclosure Rose in July

Call it Crazy says

Existing home sales fall 1.5 percent in May

6. APOCALYPSEFUCKisShostikovitch

Follow
    Befriend (27)
    409 threads
    11,891 comments

6   3:13pm Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (2)   Dislike  

Home prices will be 10x in a year. If you're not in the market now buying your kids will be left to eat vermin from dumpsters.

7. taxee

Follow
    Befriend
    88 threads
    466 comments
    El Cerrito, CA

7   3:23pm Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Bennie will buy, price will stay high.

8. Call it Crazy

Follow
    Befriend
    876 threads
    11,087 comments

8   3:25pm Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

iwog says

Call it Crazy says

Bend over skippy:

Call it Crazy says

California house sales dipped 16.5% last month

Call it Crazy says

Number of Homes Facing Foreclosure Rose in July

Call it Crazy says

Existing home sales fall 1.5 percent in May

You have wwwwaaaaaayyyyyy too much time on your duck hands...

9. everything

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    3 threads
    720 comments

9   4:09pm Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Without a doubt, I'm seeing junk that should be bulldozed selling for 50k, and ex-meth houses priced at 80k in my neck of the woods. Not bubbly, just that money is cheap to borrow, and for many right now, plentiful. With the kinds of YOY price gains we are now seeing again I see we buy house signs again along the street. If locals are not buying, foreigners are buying, investors are buying, FHA has participated big time in this reflation of RE as well.

I see people buying condo's, SUV and boats in the driveway again. Those credit card applications are hitting my mailbox again, feels like the good old days.

It does not seem right, predicating the success of the economy based on jacking home prices and repeating the same housing bubble all over again, but it is interesting to see how we are on course to pump this up to previous levels in half the time prior.

Same thing they did to the DOW, doing in 2009-12 what it took 2001-2009 to do.

It is also interesting to see how the rental market is changing, more and more people are living together with some wages stagnant. I say some because, well, lol, my brother is a good example, just decided to take 3 months off work for the heck of it, while he's gone fishing and hunting, he gets a raise, waiting for him when he returns to work. Still, we have groundbreaking on some really big rental projects coming up as rents are hitting record highs for the area I live in, with interest rates so low it was just a matter of time before I'd be seeing all the construction cranes springing up all over the city again.

10. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    387 threads
    20,438 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

10   5:44pm Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Roaring 20s here we come!!

High wealth disparity will put us in an endless boom bust loop. The next phase is boom and it will drag housing and the stock market to new highs.

11. curious2

Follow
    Befriend (4)
    116 threads
    4,363 comments

11   5:48pm Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like (1)   Dislike  

Iwog, your wings are on fire, you need to find an elephant to stamp them out.

12. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    387 threads
    20,438 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

12   6:57pm Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

E-man says

This is old news. Can you post something new?

I thought it was your turn to come up with the million dollar ideas?

It's quite a coincidence you brought this up today because earlier I was looking at refinancing options and cashing out would only cost me another quarter of a percent. I don't recall it being that low before and I would gain an additional half percent rate reduction plus get all fees paid. It's a no brainer except for waiting another week or so for fiscal cliff fear factor to fully materialize.

Soooooo I'm faced with where to stick money as well. I hate to say it but the stock market looks the most attractive for the simple reason that everyone is scared shitless about capital gains and dividend tax rates rocketing upward on January 1st.

Of course this means rolling the dice and deciding when to pull the trigger. Congress might grow up but I doubt it. I still want a house in Vegas if only to say I have a house in Vegas that will earn me brownie points in my extended family circle. There are still a few condos around that while not nearly as lucrative as last year, cash flow pretty well.

Dunno, tell me what you think.

13. iwog

Follow
    Befriend (46)
    387 threads
    20,438 comments
    47 male
    Lafayette, CA
    Premium

13   8:15pm Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

E-man says

How's your farm land idea going?

I'm about 1.5 years away.

14. Bellingham Bill

Follow
    Befriend
    77 threads
    3,225 comments
    Bellingham, WA

14   8:42pm Tue 4 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

15. bg

Follow
    Befriend (15)
    51 threads
    451 comments
    Pacifica, CA
    Premium

15   5:44am Wed 5 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

@Iwog I had been skimming posts and hadn't "seen" you. I just noticed the new picture. I like it very much.

16. FunTime

Follow
    Befriend (2)
    65 threads
    1,223 comments
    San Francisco, CA

16   11:19am Thu 6 Dec 2012   Share   Quote   Permalink   Like   Dislike  

Premium member iwog is moderator of this thread.

Email

Username

Watch comments by email
Home   Tips and Tricks   Questions or suggestions? Mail p@patrick.net   Thank you for your kind donations

Page took 214 milliseconds to create.